Clarification on "Balance"

A forum for discussion of the object changes...one thread per item please. Read the first post!
Ranor
Sojourner

Clarification on "Balance"

Postby Ranor » Fri Nov 07, 2003 3:20 am

- Some of the changes will be subtle, some will be quite dramatic (for
instance you may find a large drop in your hitpoints and an increase in
your other stats). Remember this is *not* a downgrade, but a balancing.
For every item that was downgraded, another was upgraded. Remember,
the glass is half full!

I would like some clarification on this news item. Reading this makes it sound like yeah some things got downgraded but others were upgraded so it should all "Balance" out in the end. After looking at my equipment and talking to a fairly large amount of other people I think I can safely say this change was in no way a "balancing" as opposed to a "downgrade". I would be interested in hearing if anyone actually came out of this ahead overall (which would have to happen in a balancing as described in the above news post). I don't have a problem with you guys downgrading the power of players but come out and admit that this is what was done, be open and honest about it. I think this is were a majority of the anger and frustration over the changes is coming from, your telling people one thing when in fact that's not what happened.
Yayaril
Sojourner

Postby Yayaril » Fri Nov 07, 2003 4:52 am

8)

No, the equipment pretty much got downgraded. I think they refer to the balancing to the mud in general, although I don't personally see how this balances anything.
Sylvos
Sojourner

Postby Sylvos » Fri Nov 07, 2003 4:54 am

It may not measure up to the level of downgrades others have suffered, but I will repeat what I posted in another thread earlier today under gameplay.

Sylvos post change and return of borrowed equipment when I find the silly ranger :P.

+1 damage
No change in hit
No change in prots (have all but lightning)
-2 svbr (improved)
+22 AC

Exchange of +9con for +5max_con for no net effect to me.

+2 svsp (worse)
-16 hitpoints.

I consider it an upgrade.
Cirath
Sojourner

Postby Cirath » Fri Nov 07, 2003 5:27 am

i wouldnt say i came out ahead, but i didnt exactly lose much either. in my case, most everything got shifted around, with the exception of a handful of hp that wont matter in the long run.

so yeah, i'd say in my case the gear got balanced, not downgraded.

Postby Guest » Fri Nov 07, 2003 5:57 pm

Both my characters got screwed.
Daggaz used to have -100ac which i used to solo my way to 50th...wearing almost entirely easy to get noobish gear like duergar scale mail, TG's, and ghore eq. I never had much hps before, but now I have even less and I DONT have the ac anymore to tank heavy hitting mobs like I used to. 400 hps just wont cut it without -100.

Grorrak, who wore mid-high range stuff, but nothing uber, got totally screwed and Im just glad I dont play him much anymore and lucky that there are other better eq'ed warriors these days playing evil...cuz I wouldn't last five minutes tanking a dragon anymore, whereas I used to do pretty damn good. Not only did my ac get nerfed (and damroll, like i could ever compare to a voker), but I pretty much lost almost all of my save spell and most of my save breath points.

Seriously considering taking a long break and studying my math instead of mudding....Most of the time I was forced to solo and thats just not gonna happen with stuff I can find now. Hope these changes get balanced.

Return to “Object Changes”