My feelings on the changes

A forum for discussion of the object changes...one thread per item please. Read the first post!
Daten
Sojourner

My feelings on the changes

Postby Daten » Sat Nov 08, 2003 10:27 pm

Alright, when the changes first went through, I was severely upset, my primary char got hit VERY hard...on the order of nearly 100 hps, and in the teens of damroll, plus other dgrades on him, and nothing upgraded.
Well, since then, I decided to look into my eq stats. Well, I discovered that with a few changes, I could be halfway decent, and on my new prime char(I recently switched to a new char as prime)I actually got a few upgrades. A few items that I have been desiring to have certain changes done to, actually got those exact changes, for instance, did you know the the sauk dagger is now !drop? IMHO, that's a terrific change. Now, a lot of people will say something like, "yah, for goodies" well, maybe something like that happened for evil weapon that is similar, or maybe it will, who knows, wait until everything is completely finished and balanced out(in the addled minds of the imms that is*love you guys*)and then see where things stand. Just maybe, when the dust settles, you won't be as bad off as you thought, and maybe the huge downgrades you thought you saw weren't really that big afterall. If something is, in your opinion, glaringly wrong, well, say so, but you don't haveta be an ass about it, and you don't haveta make it your personal goal to insult every imm who had a hand in these changes. Afterall, they worked hard on this, and, well, they are still working hard on it. Give it a month, and see what happens, and then, if things are out of whack, I'll have some negative things to say, for sure, but hell, I ain't gonna call anyone a cheater, or an idiot, or anything else, because they made a change that I don't like. I'm going to simply try to add my 2 cents to the equation, and maybe, just maybe, things will be made better because of it. Okay, my rant is over. I guess I just want everyone to remember that, not only is this a game, but it's a game that we all love, and these people who bring it to us, well, they don't haveta.
Vassana
Sojourner

Postby Vassana » Sat Nov 08, 2003 11:26 pm

I dont mean to hijac, I agree with muchof what you said. But I have noticed !drop, drop has changed on several items. WTH does this have to do with balance? Fumbling your weapon is a balance issue? Cracks me up.
Daten
Sojourner

Postby Daten » Sun Nov 09, 2003 1:29 am

Okay, as far as that goes, it's like this, !drop on a weapon is one of the greatest flags it can have, especially for a dedicated tank. !drop means there are 2 commands you won't have to do instead of rescue/bash. That's important, hence, that becomes a balance issue as far as the stats of items. Think about it, think about the points it is worth for a weapon to be !drop, it balances things if you give !drop to something. Vassana, if you were a 40+ warrior, who tanked a LOT, you'd know the value of !drop, at this point, fumbling weapons is just an annoyance for you no doubt...but when you are higher level, a fumbleable weapon, even if it has stats that are 2x or 3x better than yer !drop weapon,(ebony usually)will stay in yer bag, except when yer playing around. Anyhoo, there's my rebuttal, for what it's worth.

Return to “Object Changes”