Airship items and quests

A forum for discussion of the object changes...one thread per item please. Read the first post!
torkur
Sojourner

Airship items and quests

Postby torkur » Mon Nov 10, 2003 8:16 am

These got downgraded mostly which surprises me in some cases compared to similar zone fight items.

The rares for these items are horribly rare. Yes, they used to pop at too high a rate and some people farmed them. Yes, some are soloable for some people. With the zone pop times though, some quests- like gretwehrr items- are taking me an average of 40+ hours soloing small armies of lvl 50+ mobs to get the items to pop and collect per single eq piece.....hell, I have 6% trophies on a couple mobs up there that have dropped only 1 quest piece that whole time. :)

In that time, couldn't I just go farm a zone 15 times and get everyone in the 15 man group a set? I'd personally prefer the challenge of working out quest items and spending longer doing them to at least give similar stats, but currently almost all are clearly below simple zone fight items.

Or if the downgrades are going to stay to the items, could the rareload % perhaps be looked at instead for airship please?
Cirath
Sojourner

Postby Cirath » Mon Nov 10, 2003 9:38 am

Not everything from airship was downgraded. One item in particular that I was orriginally really disapointed in considering how hard it was to get is now useful. If it was a gretwehrr item, of course it got downgraded. All hp stuff did, and those really arent that hard to get in comparison to many of the other quests. But Ive heard some mages talking about how happy they were about the changes to the staffs.
Bilraex
Sojourner

Postby Bilraex » Mon Nov 10, 2003 2:50 pm

airship got wonderful upgrades, all the mage staves went to 1 handed as they should be, hammer is 1h now which is nice. and i heard the magebanes are even a bit better
thanuk
Sojourner

Postby thanuk » Mon Nov 10, 2003 3:32 pm

Bilraex wrote:airship got wonderful upgrades, all the mage staves went to 1 handed as they should be, hammer is 1h now which is nice. and i heard the magebanes are even a bit better

That makes perfect sense!
Mysrel tells you 'have my babies'
You tell Mysrel 'u want me to be ur baby daddy?'
Mysrel tells you 'daddy? No, I think you have the terminology wrong'
You tell Mysrel 'comeon now we both know i would be the top'
Mysrel tells you 'can be where ever you want to be, yer still getting ****** like a drunken cheerleader'
Dizzin
Sojourner

Postby Dizzin » Mon Nov 10, 2003 9:45 pm

Gretwehrr eq needs to lose at least another 3 hp. It's just way too simple for the stats they have. And airship staffs could lose about 4 wt since they're 1handed now.

Return to “Object Changes”