A tiny spider ring

A forum for discussion of the object changes...one thread per item please. Read the first post!
Ruagh
Sojourner

A tiny spider ring

Postby Ruagh » Fri Nov 14, 2003 12:56 pm

A tiny spider ring - Let me throw my 5c in. It used to be ac0 hp50. Now it is a mere ac0 hp37, ie a useless junk. That is while the stuff like amey hasnt been changed alot. Do you realize that you have broken one more item? Because it was already !doable after the changes which have been made like a year ago (a !locate rareload on the mob which ates you *shiver*), and nobody was messing with it anyway, even with its old stats. And what has been done? It has been turned into a complete "forgotten old-timer trinket", which can only be used to impress the newbies who dont know their way around.

Personally, I think that this ring deserves its old stats, 50hp. But this is just my personal opinion.

With warm regards, signed:
Ruagh Wander Alone, the Weaponsmaster
Va'esse deireadh aep eigean... Something is ending...
rylan
Sojourner

Postby rylan » Fri Nov 14, 2003 1:19 pm

Agree. Rare item on a mob with a HIGH percentage deathproc should have a crapload of points available.
Even when groups try using 'cheese' methods to kill the worm, several people still end up being eaten.
thanuk
Sojourner

Re: A tiny spider ring

Postby thanuk » Fri Nov 14, 2003 3:24 pm

Ruagh wrote: That is while the stuff like amey hasnt been changed alot.

That's a joke, right? Amy ring is +4 svpet now. I wouldn't tank with that if I were you....
Mysrel tells you 'have my babies'
You tell Mysrel 'u want me to be ur baby daddy?'
Mysrel tells you 'daddy? No, I think you have the terminology wrong'
You tell Mysrel 'comeon now we both know i would be the top'
Mysrel tells you 'can be where ever you want to be, yer still getting ****** like a drunken cheerleader'
Delmair Aamoren
Sojourner

Postby Delmair Aamoren » Fri Nov 14, 2003 3:37 pm

agreed that 37 hp is a bit low, but whatever, everything took a hit, and there are far biger injustices done to some eq.

On the other hand, yes, a !locate rare on a mob that can eat you definately should have a bonus. I'm just wondering how many points were assigned to the bladder...
rylan
Sojourner

Postby rylan » Fri Nov 14, 2003 3:41 pm

Personally I'd think the bladder should have bare minimal points. Does anyone use it besides as a quest item?
Dlur
Sojourner

Postby Dlur » Fri Nov 14, 2003 3:55 pm

rylan wrote:Personally I'd think the bladder should have bare minimal points. Does anyone use it besides as a quest item?

I lost my bladder while fighting a hoarde of hobgoblins back in the year of the bear. I've been using this purple worm bladder since then, and I've found it to be great. I can drink a whole tankard of mead from Brimir's without having to go to the bathroom.
Ghimok|Dlur|Emeslan|Ili|Zinse|Teniv
*~~~~~~~~~~*
"Censorship is telling a man he can't eat a steak just because a baby can't chew it." - Mark Twain
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Fri Nov 14, 2003 8:52 pm

Bladder is a piece of crap. Heavy as hell. Mob's proc heals itself quite nicely too. Whoever gave this fight its points musta forgotten that. There is no 'twinking' to this fight. There's always a risk, especially with the other wandering agg runt mobs that have same keyword. Blind or not, they can f' your day up cuz you tag the wrong one. Let alone, once, while searching after mob's demise, it repopped. 'Search'...(splat, it proc'd me)
Mitharx
Sojourner

Postby Mitharx » Fri Nov 14, 2003 9:16 pm

I might be wrong, but aren't these the best tank rings in the game now?
thanuk
Sojourner

Postby thanuk » Fri Nov 14, 2003 9:17 pm

Mitharx wrote:I might be wrong, but aren't these the best tank rings in the game now?

God i hope not.
Mysrel tells you 'have my babies'

You tell Mysrel 'u want me to be ur baby daddy?'

Mysrel tells you 'daddy? No, I think you have the terminology wrong'

You tell Mysrel 'comeon now we both know i would be the top'

Mysrel tells you 'can be where ever you want to be, yer still getting ****** like a drunken cheerleader'
Salen
Sojourner

Postby Salen » Fri Nov 14, 2003 11:04 pm

Yes, you are wrong.

Return to “Object Changes”