Shimmering Teardrop of molton lava

A forum for discussion of the object changes...one thread per item please. Read the first post!
Deshana
Sojourner

Shimmering Teardrop of molton lava

Postby Deshana » Mon Nov 17, 2003 4:01 am

why was pff removed?
how can soemone wear molton lava without pff? this was the most common of clerical pff, i know it was good for what it took.. but what about less hp and pff, instead of the svspell?

logically that would make more sense and i for one, finding myself without a single pff item on any of my characters would prefer to take a little less spellsave and hp for pff.. its 6 now
say 5hp pff instead of 6hp -2svsp?
worth thinking about anyways.
Uzzel
Sojourner

Re: Shimmering Teardrop of molton lava

Postby Uzzel » Thu Nov 20, 2003 6:13 am

The same way a lava amulet can be without prot fire ofcouse.

Uzzel
rylan
Sojourner

Postby rylan » Thu Nov 20, 2003 1:45 pm

All of the volcano items got trashed beyond recognition.. mist pouch has 0 stats now (oh and azurite leggings also lost pff, and opal armbands I think if they had pff its gone) so now there are 2 'loser' loads.. mist pouch and the nothing load. That was a cool little place with a mini quest to get in there, and its sad it'll never get done anymore unless an item is needed for another quest.
ssar
Sojourner

Postby ssar » Thu Nov 20, 2003 10:28 pm

Agree Rylan, Azurite leggings were before quite useful, but are now crap and will proudly sit in it's place in the game with merman skin and other similar legwear -. i.e. left on the ground.
BEER
othelil
Sojourner

Re: Shimmering Teardrop of molton lava

Postby othelil » Thu Nov 20, 2003 11:56 pm

Deshana wrote:why was pff removed?
how can soemone wear molton lava without pff? this was the most common of clerical pff, i know it was good for what it took.. but what about less hp and pff, instead of the svspell?

logically that would make more sense and i for one, finding myself without a single pff item on any of my characters would prefer to take a little less spellsave and hp for pff.. its 6 now
say 5hp pff instead of 6hp -2svsp?
worth thinking about anyways.

Agree with Desh and the volcano items in general. They got smashed. Yes the pseudo-quest is easy, yes just about anyone can do it (and a certain class that can do it easily has to learn it). But if you take pff off of teardrop/azurite there's only going to be on reason to go there, and it's kind of a cool quest. Just make them small stat pff items. (the armlet changes are fine, pouch/teardrop/azurite got smacked though)
Despite the high cost of living it remains popular.

Return to “Object Changes”