Wow, guess I wont be coming back...

A forum for discussion of the object changes...one thread per item please. Read the first post!
rorktor
Sojourner

Wow, guess I wont be coming back...

Postby rorktor » Mon Nov 17, 2003 7:07 am

I hate to say it and I'm sure you all have heard this already. I could understand if the admins decided to slightly change a few item stats that obviously were "imbalancing" the game, but shafting every good piece of equipment just because you thought they were overpowered wasn't and isn't going to solve anything.

In all honesty, I would have liked to see the imms keep challenging the MUD community with tougher quests and new tough zones with puzzles, etc. I use the word keep because I realize a couple zones and quests have gone in since I last played.

There is no imbalance in the game, its only in everybody's heads. If this were a pkill MUD then I could understand the need to balance all the items, but this is totally different.

I dont know how many hours I put into this game in the end, but I think I'm not alone when I say that this just plain sucks. I'm not going to give any examples of my equipment or anything because its pointless.

I guess what I'm trying to portray is just my total disinterest at this point with Toril or sojourn or whatever. Instead of expanding on what you have, you decided to take a step back in efforts to do something? I mean seriously, are the monsters we kill getting upset because they aren't killing us enough.

I hate to say it, but I've played here for quite a long time and I've had a lot of fun. But when my efforts and total dedication to this MUD is thrown back in my face ( i.e. Spending a full month on getting something and now is worthless and should be given to newbies) I just have to say I won't be playing here anymore.

Thanks for all the fun,
See ya
Waelos
Sojourner

Postby Waelos » Mon Nov 17, 2003 7:14 am

Sad that there is such knee jerk reations. I think it has been stated several times that everything is being looked at on a case by case basis, and things that are out of whack will be fixed. Sad to see someone quit over one item that may or may not be 'permawhacked'. Take some time off, then come back. It'll all be better.

Lost.
Yayaril
Sojourner

Postby Yayaril » Mon Nov 17, 2003 1:40 pm

8)

Or it'll be the same.
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Mon Nov 17, 2003 4:36 pm

The BBS should have an automated responder saying "EQ CHANGES ARE STILL BEING DONE SO QUIT COMPLAINING ABOUT QUITTING OR JUST QUIT".
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.
Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
Cyric
FORGER AREAS

Postby Cyric » Mon Nov 17, 2003 10:43 pm

You guys have NO ideas how many complaints I get every day from monsters saying "Dude, I'm just not gettin' enough kills these days...my player trophy's waaaaaaaaaaay off, and the fellas are startin' to make fun of me around the water cooler!"

Sad to see a gargoyle or a giant cry, really.
Yayaril
Sojourner

Postby Yayaril » Tue Nov 18, 2003 3:19 am

8)

You exagerate, Cyric. Gargoyles don't have tear ducts.
Ruxur
Sojourner

Postby Ruxur » Thu Nov 20, 2003 5:27 am

Kill statistics for Uthgardt-Loki
Exp % Name
97.8 Moritheil
2.2 Ruxur
Cofen group-says 'wtf, why am i missing a cursed khanjari?'
Alendar group-says 'i r rednek i can only afford the monitor i have mud on and the broken monitor under it'
Nonox tells you 'i think someone casted 'power word gay' on pril'
Malacar ASSOC:: 'must... mp...soon...underwear...cringing...at...oncoming...onslaught...'
Iyachtu
Staff Member - Coder

Postby Iyachtu » Thu Nov 20, 2003 5:53 am

Cyric wrote:You guys have NO ideas how many complaints I get every day from monsters saying "Dude, I'm just not gettin' enough kills these days...my player trophy's waaaaaaaaaaay off, and the fellas are startin' to make fun of me around the water cooler!"

Sad to see a gargoyle or a giant cry, really.

So my 'spam the Cyric' code went live? Cool!
Zoldren
Sojourner

Postby Zoldren » Sat Nov 22, 2003 3:20 am

Waelos wrote: I think it has been stated several times that everything is being looked at on a case by case basis, and things that are out of whack will be fixed.

my Q: is why wasnt this done in the first place. instead of the blanket piss everyone off....instead of takin the time to THINK about the change instead of just doing it cause so n so thinks it should be, instead of askin the l33t or whoever u wana say, what do u think about this..bah soryr no rants apolo

i'll be back when things are finalized, no point playing till then.

when that happens msg me.
MoM-D
Originally posted by Baikalisan:
There once was a girl named Pinky
Who liked to flash and get kinky
We gave her some cash
She went down in a flash
And made us all squirm like a slinky!
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Sat Nov 22, 2003 6:39 pm

i've heard from certain players that they've been asked what stats should be. I guess they weren't leet enough?
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.

Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'

Return to “Object Changes”