Object Changes, Round 2!

A forum for discussion of the object changes...one thread per item please. Read the first post!
Stamm
Sojourner
Posts: 446
Joined: Wed Jun 27, 2001 5:01 am

Postby Stamm » Fri Mar 05, 2004 1:23 am

They are not mutually exclusive :P
Dizzin
Sojourner
Posts: 290
Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2001 6:01 am

Postby Dizzin » Fri Mar 05, 2004 6:02 am

DK changes still missing...

I keep getting the feeling that DK vault is getting a total rewrite so that the items dont get nerfed, since it's been.. uhh, 5 months or so since the changes went in...
Nokie
Sojourner
Posts: 785
Joined: Sat Jan 27, 2001 6:01 am
Location: Atlanta, GA, USA
Contact:

Postby Nokie » Mon Mar 15, 2004 5:09 pm

Are we ever going to get an official comment on this?
Dizzin
Sojourner
Posts: 290
Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2001 6:01 am

Postby Dizzin » Wed Mar 17, 2004 3:01 am

Shard of crystal sapphire or so, from Workshop. I fail to see why this item should have same stats as the newbie crystal from Ix that's 10x easier to get. Give it 175 psp like the arni'dir one! or at *least* 150!
Dizzin
Sojourner
Posts: 290
Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2001 6:01 am

Postby Dizzin » Thu Mar 18, 2004 4:26 am

And roots belts are STILL fubared. New ones still !mage.
chandigar
Sojourner
Posts: 152
Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2001 5:01 am
Location: Naperville, IL

Postby chandigar » Thu Mar 18, 2004 1:55 pm

Dizzin wrote:And roots belts are STILL fubared. New ones still !mage.


I was told its a bug that happened during the first conversion. New ones that drop are mageable, petition to get your old belt swapped out for a current one.
Ashiwi
Sojourner
Posts: 4161
Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2001 5:01 am

Postby Ashiwi » Thu Mar 25, 2004 11:18 pm

Grats on finally changing ice bears, but...

That was the only pff item I was wearing... you'd think you could at least give us a warning. Hope everybody who was prot-all like me checks before heading into a firefight.
Delmair Aamoren
Sojourner
Posts: 604
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2001 5:01 am
Location: Portland, OR, USA
Contact:

Postby Delmair Aamoren » Fri Mar 26, 2004 5:47 pm

Icebears changes were... ok i suppose, still a bit buff for the
effort/time involved. Anyhow, i just wanted to post a finding
i made quite some time ago, and now befuddles me why
this is how it is.

As of right now, the only muspel quest gaunts that have a prot
are the green ones. why is this? if anything, the fact the red ones
require a rare to load just so you can do the little zonelet. then
the zonelet is more difficult than finding/killing either of the other
dragons. just figure if greens have a prot, then whites, or at LEAST
reds should have a prot. suggesting pfc on white and pff on red.

just my .02.

Delmair
Gormal
Sojourner
Posts: 3914
Joined: Tue Feb 13, 2001 6:01 am
Location: A Whale's Vagina
Contact:

Postby Gormal » Fri Mar 26, 2004 10:04 pm

You do get other items from the draogn fight, and the scale can make lots of stuff. Deal.
Dizzin
Sojourner
Posts: 290
Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2001 6:01 am

Postby Dizzin » Wed Apr 07, 2004 11:13 pm

Nokie wrote:Are we ever going to get an official comment on this?


Are we? Are EQ changes effectively finalized now? Or can we still have some influence (sorta, kinda, maybe) on the final stats?

My item of the day to question is.. Tanar'ri gloves.. Curious why they were changed from 3dam initially, to 4hit? Seems like they just got downgraded even further.. I mean, scorp earrings eventually hit 3/1 Slowpoison, can't Tanar'ris go back to 2/2? Heck, have it lose a prot!
Savras
Staff Member - Areas
Posts: 298
Joined: Thu May 09, 2002 5:01 am

Postby Savras » Thu Apr 08, 2004 1:33 pm

Dizzin wrote:
Nokie wrote:Are we ever going to get an official comment on this?


Are we? Are EQ changes effectively finalized now? Or can we still have some influence (sorta, kinda, maybe) on the final stats?

My item of the day to question is.. Tanar'ri gloves.. Curious why they were changed from 3dam initially, to 4hit? Seems like they just got downgraded even further.. I mean, scorp earrings eventually hit 3/1 Slowpoison, can't Tanar'ris go back to 2/2? Heck, have it lose a prot!


http://www.torilmud.dyndns.org:8080/php ... hp?t=12292
Ashiwi
Sojourner
Posts: 4161
Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2001 5:01 am

Postby Ashiwi » Thu Apr 08, 2004 2:45 pm

Wow, how ironic...

I'm going out to sit around a campfire and drink Berenjager this weekend!
Dizzin
Sojourner
Posts: 290
Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2001 6:01 am

Postby Dizzin » Thu Apr 08, 2004 11:05 pm

Savras wrote:
Dizzin wrote:My item of the day to question is.. Tanar'ri gloves.. Curious why they were changed from 3dam initially, to 4hit? Seems like they just got downgraded even further.. I mean, scorp earrings eventually hit 3/1 Slowpoison, can't Tanar'ris go back to 2/2? Heck, have it lose a prot!


http://www.torilmud.dyndns.org:8080/php ... hp?t=12292


Uhh, yeah... I know the thread is there.. you just showing it to us to show that people agreed with me that 4hit is a downgrade from 3 dam and that people were wanting it to be put to something else? If so, well thank you, but.. you probably have the private ear of whoever makes those changes, so you didn't really need to bring it to their attention here.. But thank you regardless.
Lirela
Sojourner
Posts: 87
Joined: Thu Apr 11, 2002 5:01 am
Location: North Dakota

Silver Bands

Postby Lirela » Mon Apr 12, 2004 11:56 pm

I know this is very late in coming, and perhaps too late for debate, but…

Silver bands are now evil-only, and I agree that there are some pretty evil deeds committed during the quest. But if a paladin is willing to do those things in order to have this one item, why not let him do it? Hit a person’s alignment by 500 points or more for doing the quest (or make a neg–align stat on the item itself), but if you’re willing to wear a symbol of Cyric’s church around your wrist despite how your god or other church members might react, why would Cyric or the magic his church uses stop you?

I’m sure Cyric would like nothing better than to have powerful elves, paladins, and other general goodie-goodies wandering around with his symbol prominently displayed on their gear.

Again, I apologize for how late this comment is, but I spent considerable time looking for a similar argument and couldn’t find one anywhere.
Sarell
Sojourner
Posts: 1681
Joined: Mon Jan 29, 2001 6:01 am
Location: brisbane, australia

Postby Sarell » Tue Apr 13, 2004 1:07 pm

pallys... cyric bands... boggle...
human warrior for joo!
Sylvos
Sojourner
Posts: 571
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2001 5:01 am
Location: Guelph, ON, Canada
Contact:

Postby Sylvos » Tue Apr 13, 2004 1:17 pm

You're not just wearing Cyric's symbol, you're wearing a symbol of allegience to Cyric. A symbol that should allow others in the Cyric church to issue you commands that you're expected to follow.

It's not just the symbol. It's what the symbol means. It's why I won't have my characters wear thrym tokens, or silver bands. I try to stay away from anything that implies a pledge to some deity/group or another.
Delmair Aamoren
Sojourner
Posts: 604
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2001 5:01 am
Location: Portland, OR, USA
Contact:

Postby Delmair Aamoren » Tue Apr 13, 2004 5:22 pm

That would be like a pastor/preacher/father/cardinal/etc. wearing a shirt that promoted the satanic bible or something. Cyric = evil, power hungry, deceitful, etc. No way in heck a paladin should be able to wear such a thing. If you do, should have a little box that pops up:

Are you sure you wish to leave your life as a paladin and be a warrior? [y/n]:

If you were an ANTI-paladin and tried to wear it, more power to ya. Cyric rocks.
Talomis
Sojourner
Posts: 25
Joined: Sat Nov 09, 2002 6:01 am
Location: Canada
Contact:

Postby Talomis » Sat Apr 24, 2004 10:42 pm

Dont know if this is the right place to say it...but just to limit the amount of items in the game, and add value to them again, why not make each item a rare load on each mob every boot. Say a mob has 3 or 4 items on him now...give him a chance to load 1 or 2, or none? Would make zones really fun again if ya never knew what the heck was gonna load, instead of knowing EVERYTHING you are going to get each time. Same with quests...say you get 5 items from a quest now...make it so ya have a chance of only getting 1, 2,3 or even none, making you re-do the quest. Just a thought to add a little value to item, and make people wow over an item you have, and they dont.
chandigar
Sojourner
Posts: 152
Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2001 5:01 am
Location: Naperville, IL

Postby chandigar » Sat Apr 24, 2004 11:31 pm

Talomis wrote:Dont know if this is the right place to say it...but just to limit the amount of items in the game, and add value to them again, why not make each item a rare load on each mob every boot. Say a mob has 3 or 4 items on him now...give him a chance to load 1 or 2, or none? Would make zones really fun again if ya never knew what the heck was gonna load, instead of knowing EVERYTHING you are going to get each time. Same with quests...say you get 5 items from a quest now...make it so ya have a chance of only getting 1, 2,3 or even none, making you re-do the quest. Just a thought to add a little value to item, and make people wow over an item you have, and they dont.


This is kinda interesting in theory, but I don't really wanna finally finish kerns to find out only the spellbooks loaded :P
Talomis
Sojourner
Posts: 25
Joined: Sat Nov 09, 2002 6:01 am
Location: Canada
Contact:

Postby Talomis » Sat Apr 24, 2004 11:37 pm

Thats the beauty of it :)
Arilin Nydelahar
Sojourner
Posts: 1498
Joined: Sat Jul 27, 2002 5:01 am
Location: Virginia Beach
Contact:

Postby Arilin Nydelahar » Sun Apr 25, 2004 1:13 am

Just what we don't need. More rares and more things to waste time camping. How about no.
Shevarash OOC: 'what can I say, I'm attracted to crazy chicks and really short dudes'
Talomis
Sojourner
Posts: 25
Joined: Sat Nov 09, 2002 6:01 am
Location: Canada
Contact:

Postby Talomis » Sun Apr 25, 2004 1:21 am

Who said anything about camping..except I guess for the quests...I'm talking about every zone(Ie. brass, crypts, jot, muspel etc) I see a million of every item in the game, if this was to be implemented we would see fewer of the same items. And people would actually want to do zones, instead of picking and choosing the exact same zones and leaving others untouched.
Arilin Nydelahar
Sojourner
Posts: 1498
Joined: Sat Jul 27, 2002 5:01 am
Location: Virginia Beach
Contact:

Postby Arilin Nydelahar » Sun Apr 25, 2004 1:29 am

Talomis wrote:Who said anything about camping..except I guess for the quests...I'm talking about every zone(Ie. brass, crypts, jot, muspel etc) I see a million of every item in the game, if this was to be implemented we would see fewer of the same items. And people would actually want to do zones, instead of picking and choosing the exact same zones and leaving others untouched.


Ok, so ignore that part, and lets move back to the rares bit. I dunno about you, but I have no want to have more rares out there. It's simply a time dump. For some zones, yeah, could work. SPOB is one somewhat similiar I suppose if I understand how that one in particular works, but it's a bit on the extreme edge of that idea. Anyway, I babble.

Anyway, my opinion on the matter, what little it matters, is no way in hell. We got enough rare crap as it is.
Shevarash OOC: 'what can I say, I'm attracted to crazy chicks and really short dudes'
fotex
Sojourner
Posts: 288
Joined: Mon May 12, 2003 12:23 am

Postby fotex » Sun Apr 25, 2004 3:11 pm

Indeed, I would prefer if items were just made harder to get by difficulty, rather than just made "rare" loads.
Stamm
Sojourner
Posts: 446
Joined: Wed Jun 27, 2001 5:01 am

Postby Stamm » Sun Apr 25, 2004 7:07 pm

*nod* That's something I've always felt.

Rares _inside_ zones are fine, they make each trip different.
Also rare load zones, like invasions for example are good too, bit of excitement etc. Having to do the zone with limited resources not at a time of your own choosing.
Dalar
Sojourner
Posts: 4876
Joined: Sun Feb 25, 2001 6:01 am

Postby Dalar » Sun Apr 25, 2004 7:53 pm

I stlil think u guys should have reduced the amount of EQ in spob, it's very disheartening to keep on winning the same heart item (sorry dhurn)
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.
Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
Gura
Sojourner
Posts: 672
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2001 6:01 am
Location: Yer girlfriend's bed

Postby Gura » Mon Apr 26, 2004 12:33 am

Dalar wrote:I stlil think u guys should have reduced the amount of EQ in spob, it's very disheartening to keep on winning the same heart item (sorry dhurn)


i think that we suggested this about 20x. nothin got done so i guess the zone is "balanced"
Dornax says 'And for the right amount of information ye might get some nookie out of Nokie..'

Nokie wiggles his bottom.
Teba tells you 'let me do my job you volo twinker!'
Bobidibble GCC: 'yeah i admit gura is a better warrior then i am, no shame in it... perhaps someday i shall be as pimp'
Arilin Nydelahar
Sojourner
Posts: 1498
Joined: Sat Jul 27, 2002 5:01 am
Location: Virginia Beach
Contact:

Postby Arilin Nydelahar » Mon Apr 26, 2004 1:41 am

Gura wrote:
Dalar wrote:I stlil think u guys should have reduced the amount of EQ in spob, it's very disheartening to keep on winning the same heart item (sorry dhurn)


i think that we suggested this about 20x. nothin got done so i guess the zone is "balanced"


Didn't Savras come along saying he'd do it if the players wanted it, except it comes with the provision that the items that get removed, also get removed from plyers? And you guys pretty much said no. So, i'm pretty sure it's already been discussed. You just didn't want to take the hit? :P
Shevarash OOC: 'what can I say, I'm attracted to crazy chicks and really short dudes'
Gura
Sojourner
Posts: 672
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2001 6:01 am
Location: Yer girlfriend's bed

Postby Gura » Mon Apr 26, 2004 6:12 am

why the hell would u remove items from us? we put the time in to get them. how about u replace some items across the mud or maybe even add some quests? its not that hard to change it without screwing us over but because someone let a ridiculous zone go through we have to suffer? yea...balance.
Dornax says 'And for the right amount of information ye might get some nookie out of Nokie..'



Nokie wiggles his bottom.

Teba tells you 'let me do my job you volo twinker!'

Bobidibble GCC: 'yeah i admit gura is a better warrior then i am, no shame in it... perhaps someday i shall be as pimp'
moritheil
Sojourner
Posts: 4845
Joined: Wed Jan 31, 2001 6:01 am

Postby moritheil » Tue Aug 17, 2004 7:44 am

Gura wrote:why the hell would u remove items from us? we put the time in to get them. how about u replace some items across the mud or maybe even add some quests? its not that hard to change it without screwing us over but because someone let a ridiculous zone go through we have to suffer? yea...balance.


Because, reading back through the insane number of posts in the SPOB thread, it appears that you are all saying the items were too easy to get, delegitimizing your own claim of having "spent the time to get them."

I'm not pointing towards rightness of one claim or another, just trying to explain the logic. I mean, didn't roots belts cause a lot of whining when only the old ones were mageable and all the new ones were NOMAGE?

Anyhow . . . I'm perplexed by a few items, but I'll withhold comment on them for now.
Yotus group-says 'special quest if you type hi dragon'
Shevarash OOC: 'I feature only the finest mammary glands.'
Silena group-says 'he was so fat and juicy..couldnt resist'
moritheil
Sojourner
Posts: 4845
Joined: Wed Jan 31, 2001 6:01 am

Postby moritheil » Fri Aug 20, 2004 3:49 am

First off, Marthammor very graciously took the time to stop by and talk to me about this, so I want to say that it really is refreshing and great to see the staff addressing peoples' concerns.

Regarding the item I was thinking about, I was comparing the stats of the Muspelheim invasion crown to the Jot invasion crown. (Two prots and +damage vs. one prot and +hitroll.) However, it's been pointed out to me that the Musp invasion crown does not have the sv_spell or NOSUMMON that the Jot invasion crown does. I no longer have any questions regarding it.

Thanks!
Yotus group-says 'special quest if you type hi dragon'

Shevarash OOC: 'I feature only the finest mammary glands.'

Silena group-says 'he was so fat and juicy..couldnt resist'
Dalar
Sojourner
Posts: 4876
Joined: Sun Feb 25, 2001 6:01 am

Postby Dalar » Fri Aug 20, 2004 4:44 pm

you needed someone to explain that?
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.

Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
Guest

Postby Guest » Mon Aug 23, 2004 4:31 am

moritheil wrote:
Gura wrote:why the hell would u remove items from us? we put the time in to get them. how about u replace some items across the mud or maybe even add some quests? its not that hard to change it without screwing us over but because someone let a ridiculous zone go through we have to suffer? yea...balance.


Because, reading back through the insane number of posts in the SPOB thread, it appears that you are all saying the items were too easy to get, delegitimizing your own claim of having "spent the time to get them."

I'm not pointing towards rightness of one claim or another, just trying to explain the logic. I mean, didn't roots belts cause a lot of whining when only the old ones were mageable and all the new ones were NOMAGE?

Anyhow . . . I'm perplexed by a few items, but I'll withhold comment on them for now.


cool remove all the enchanted khanjari's that were quested for 100p then
Ashod
Sojourner
Posts: 138
Joined: Thu Oct 24, 2002 5:01 am
Location: Sebring ,FL,US

Postby Ashod » Mon Aug 30, 2004 10:33 am

[quote}cool remove all the enchanted khanjari's that were quested for 100p then[/quote]

Thats the best thing i have heard in a long time.. but i say just make them all regular khanjari and make them acually be quested properly
moritheil
Sojourner
Posts: 4845
Joined: Wed Jan 31, 2001 6:01 am

Postby moritheil » Mon Aug 30, 2004 11:19 am

Dalar wrote:you needed someone to explain that?


I needed the stats on the crown that I didn't have. You needed someone to explain THAT?

;)
Yotus group-says 'special quest if you type hi dragon'

Shevarash OOC: 'I feature only the finest mammary glands.'

Silena group-says 'he was so fat and juicy..couldnt resist'
Gura
Sojourner
Posts: 672
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2001 6:01 am
Location: Yer girlfriend's bed

Postby Gura » Fri Dec 17, 2004 9:35 pm

storm bracelet needs to be downgraded or moved somewhere else in the zone. as is you can do it with a group of 5 people with minimal risk and its locateable. no reason it should be that easy or that good.
Dornax says 'And for the right amount of information ye might get some nookie out of Nokie..'



Nokie wiggles his bottom.

Teba tells you 'let me do my job you volo twinker!'

Bobidibble GCC: 'yeah i admit gura is a better warrior then i am, no shame in it... perhaps someday i shall be as pimp'
Guest

Postby Guest » Sun Dec 19, 2004 1:03 am

Agree Gura. It should be put it in one of the chests imo. if it's downgraded, you'll see even fewer groups doing the zone.

Of course, I wouldn't complain if it was moved to Hulburg either.

Return to “Object Changes”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests