homeland player compesasion

For discussion on integrating the players, areas, code, and cool stuff from Homeland into TorilMUD. All discussion welcome.
Grxx
Sojourner

homeland player compesasion

Postby Grxx » Wed May 25, 2005 10:42 am

it seems like homeland players got the shortest end of the stick here, giving up a whole mud, leveled chars, collected eq, guilds, guildhalls... an entire mud so toril could expand. some of us have always played both, those of us at least had chars here. others played exclusivly there, those people should get some hook ups, like a bank account full of plat, a kinder exp table, a decent set of gear. the chance to change their mind and play with race and class some.
it seems too that the homeland gods dont get proper respect, they shouldnt just get to be forgers but they should be just shy. they built an impressive mud, i still say in alot of ways homeland was superior.
im not sure how this merger came to be, who approached who, whut was negotiated and agreed to.... but it is my belief that the homeland gods are entitled to higher rank and power
Birile
Sojourner

Postby Birile » Wed May 25, 2005 2:51 pm

I think this topic's been discussed in other threads.

As someone who only played Homeland through Beta, I saw a lot on that MUD that was worthwhile and better than Toril (at the time Soj3, I believe) and I saw a lot of things that didn't quite hold up to Toril. But every MUD is going to have its good and bad points.

Many of us who played Toril pretty much exclusively believe(d) that Homelanders did deserve some sort of compensation. That's pretty much all that we can give the Homelanders--our empathy. We're not the Imms and we didn't have a say in any of that, which rather sucks. I don't know what it feels like to have your MUD taken away from you and basically engulfed by another MUD (Toril kept its name, Toril's players kept all of their pfiles, etc., so to call this a merger is... kinda interesting), but I can say that there are a lot of pro-Homelanders in the Toril pbase. For what it's worth, of course.

As for the Immortals... I did find it interesting that Homeland forgers had to start at the bottom of the ladder. I am glad to see promotions to at least one of them that I know of have already been earned. And there's no doubt, props have got to be given out to the ex-Homeland Imms who came over to Toril because they have been doing a LOT of work since they got here. That was something that always impressed me during Homeland's Beta and the month after Homeland opened (that was my entire tenure there). Players could make suggestions, and the Imms responded yea or nay within a week, most times within a couple of days. Not with a "yes, this should be done" but with actual coding being implemented immediately. (And with the sorry state of Homeland's bards during Beta, I was happy to see some of those speedy changes I suggested LOL).

I only hope that Homeland's Imms are being given the respect behind closed doors because I'm not sure it's immediately obvious when looking from the outside in as to whether they're getting this appreciation from Toril's Forgers and other Imms.

And, in closing, God, I'm glad we've got the chance to include much of Homeland in Toril! It was a great MUD and I'm glad all of the work that was done on it is not just collecting dust somewhere.

Cheers.
kwirl
Sojourner

Postby kwirl » Fri Jun 10, 2005 6:18 pm

do any actual homeland people play here now? i've heard a lot of jokes about it, but i can't think offhand anything
bogra
Sojourner

Postby bogra » Wed Jun 22, 2005 5:56 pm

kwirl wrote:do any actual homeland people play here now? i've heard a lot of jokes about it, but i can't think offhand anything

I know one player, on the other hand HL was pretty dead when the so called merge occured.

Those who wanted more challenge or were skilled enough maybe didnt enjoy it fun and joked about it.

Myself?, I read the board from time to time, but dont play.

Biggest differences imho were that Homeland were constantly changing and new fun ideas players suggested often got implemented also new zones got in somewhat frequently all this at the cost of game balance.
(now since I havent played toril I dunno how much change/progress there have been but reading the board it seems pretty much the same)

Yes, HL was way out of balance compared to Toril but I considered most of it as fun.
kwirl
Sojourner

Postby kwirl » Wed Jun 22, 2005 6:06 pm

game balance does not equivocate as fun
bogra
Sojourner

Postby bogra » Wed Jun 22, 2005 6:16 pm

Well considering to the amount of player protests and lack of respons from admins about changes on classes, races, zones and eq most of the community seems to think so.

While I dont agree I do respect their opinion.

(A good change is that the recent year have seen a huge upgrade in my RL physical condition :) )
Arilin Nydelahar
Sojourner

Postby Arilin Nydelahar » Fri Jun 24, 2005 3:54 am

bogra wrote:Well considering to the amount of player protests and lack of respons from admins about changes on classes, races, zones and eq most of the community seems to think so.

While I dont agree I do respect their opinion.

(A good change is that the recent year have seen a huge upgrade in my RL physical condition :) )

Hey wank, PM me your icq or something. Been quite awhile since i've talked to you.
Shevarash OOC: 'what can I say, I'm attracted to crazy chicks and really short dudes'

Return to “Homeland Player Integration”