Old School Drama [Politics]

Post all your MUD stories and capture logs here.
moritheil
Sojourner

Old School Drama [Politics]

Postby moritheil » Thu Feb 08, 2007 3:47 am

Corth says we need more drama to keep things interesting. Here we go.
I saved this log in 2002. Fair warning - this comes from an era where proper spelling was less common.

Also, admittedly, the entire thing comes from my own saved notes. It is possible I thought I communicated some basic concepts of zoning but that the concepts were not understood on the other end of things.

As I recall, what happened here was a low-level mage wanted to tag along to a fight because I was shouting in WD that we were going to do something. After following us into a caster mob fight he was told several times not to enter, he was paralyzed by unholy word, and he subsequently died despite the best efforts of myself and a cleric. Note that this predates things like divine purification, so the only tools available to us were dispel magic and summon. Also note that at that time, it was highly unusual for someone under level 30 to request, or get, a ress.

Everything that follows is directly from my notes. I have edited out the names of two or three people who were involved as observers and groupmates.

In retrospect, I would have handled things differently.

You group-say 'I nearly died, risked my own ass, and dispelled you. but then you didn't flee and died.'
< > You group-say 'I don't know what I can do beyond that.'
(edit) tells you 'he's a noob, don't worry about it. You did what you could.'
< > You group-say 'if you were still para it's a bug, post it'
Nacet group-says 'Not ur fault,me dieing was ur fault :P'

1. he had two warnings about zone and fol self
2. he had warning about fight.
3. he had warning to flee when engaged
4. I dispelled him
5. I tried to summon.

< > You give a pair of protective goggles to Nacet.

Nacet group-says 'lol I wasn't bitching :P'
< > You group-say 'then I'd hate to see you bitching ;)'
Nacet group-says 'rofl'

Nacet tells you 'well,some of us need p,and I really do't think it was nice to tell me you would help me get my level back,and then don't. All u had to say was, I'm busy,I can't right noww,instead of wasteing my time.'

Nacet tells you 'I said you're gonna help me get my level back,right? And u did say yes.'

You tell Nacet 'yeah, but who said anything about it had to be immediately? and I got you some xp, no?'

< > You tell Nacet 'I don't think we're communicating the same things'

Nacet tells you 'Immediately? Its bee like an hour since i died. I got like 4 from those rasts man, the thing is,it wouldn't take you 20 mins to get me my level back.'

< > You tell Nacet 'I can understand you want levels'
< > You tell Nacet 'I don't see where I'm supposed to do man'

< > You tell Nacet 'let me explain this, when ppl die in zones and say I'll need the level back'
< > You tell Nacet 'certainly not the same day, certainly not the same hour'
You tell Nacet 'it means within a few weeks'
< > You tell Nacet 'ask (edit) he lost 50 in brass w/me'
Nacet tells you 'I'm level 23 man.'

< > You tell Nacet 'boggle... it should be easier to get lvls at lowlevel than high'
< > You tell Nacet 'solo I mean'

< > You tell Nacet 'anyhow. tell me where you want to go'
Nacet tells you 'I have no defensive spells uintil 26'
< > You tell Nacet 'and where these big xp mobs are that will rocket you pu'

< > You tell Nacet 'look man, don't tell me 'its not a big deal to xp' then tell me AFTER I'm out of time that it was a big deal'

Nacet tells you 'I NEVER told you its not a big deal to xp!!! I wanted to xp the entire time,but I waited patiently,while we stared at the rats.'
You tell Nacet 'yeah you did man, you said it was not a big deal. after I gave you eq'

(edit) tells you 'is he bitching that you dont want to plevel him?'
(edit) tells you 'omg'

Nacet tells you 'U lie,I never said that,I said I wasn't mad about dieing,but a failed ress?'
< > You tell Nacet 'fine, give the goggles back, and you can be mad at me ;)'
Nacet tells you 'xp is more importany than eq as a mage.'
< > (edit) group-says 'sorry moritheil but you messed with with a wrong noob:P'
You tell Nacet 'but I really think you nead ed to learn to chill'
< > You tell Nacet 'I mean, it's all time, right?'
(edit) group-says 'how dare you not plevel him!? '
< > You group-say 'he got his own ass killed and blame me rofl'
< > You tell Nacet 'the time for you to get the goggles would be longer than the time for you to level'
< > You tell Nacet 'look man... if you're not having fun, don't play that class'
< > You tell Nacet 'I don't get why you have like some kinda deadline to get a high level'
(edit) group-says 'but mori complaining that you dont want to give/plevel is just plain lame. he should be happy to get a group with high levels anyway'

Nacet tells you 'Becuase all my friends pass me up in xp.Most of them are like level 30 now'
< > You tell Nacet 'try to have some perspective.'
Nacet tells you 'You asked me to come along,I don't know why. I figured,ok xp! What else could it be?'
< > You tell Nacet 'omg... dude,, when do highleves do xp?'

<You> You tell Nacet 'I am saying, they don't want you in groups right now, right? that's what you said'
< > You tell Nacet 'and yet, I aasked you to tag along, because I figured you could use some fun'
< > You tell Nacet 'if THEY don't plevel you don't expect me to, right?'
Yotus group-says 'special quest if you type hi dragon'
Shevarash OOC: 'I feature only the finest mammary glands.'
Silena group-says 'he was so fat and juicy..couldnt resist'
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Thu Feb 08, 2007 6:52 am

LOL That was f'd up. Hey, Mori..when you see me in game, can you xp me?
ssar
Sojourner

Postby ssar » Thu Feb 08, 2007 9:36 am

LOL.

K, now I'm gonna send a few tells to you ingame Mori, as some mid lvl, hassling you to exp meh but dont dare get me keilled ;)
BEER
Elet
Sojourner

Postby Elet » Fri Feb 09, 2007 7:31 am

omg mori.. can i bug you to plevel my alt then? hehehe
Iduna
Sojourner

Postby Iduna » Sun Feb 11, 2007 1:00 pm

*Laugh* hey if he knew you well enough to accept group he must have known Mori is all about the D-level! whats this p-level BS...Mori = Death! I remember tagging along and I knew the deal! I loved it! and I NEVER complained. *hugs*
Iduna
Sojourner

Postby Iduna » Sun Feb 11, 2007 1:03 pm

-double post-

Return to “Logs”