Toril 2.0 NPC Questions

Discussion concerning the upcoming Toril 2.0 update as well as general 3.5 edition D&D discussion
Gormal
Sojourner

Toril 2.0 NPC Questions

Postby Gormal » Mon Sep 11, 2006 7:42 pm

Question for Shev I guess, or whomever else knows. How will 2.0 and the introduction of feats and other nifty tricks affect how mobs function compared to the current setup? Will mobs specialize as much as we will be? What kind of builder tools are going to be available with respect to the new style of gameplay?

Thanks!
Shevarash
FORGER CODER

Postby Shevarash » Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:34 pm

Mobs will take full advantage of the new systems, and builders will have all the tools they need to customize their mobs further...
Shevarash -- Code Forger of TorilMUD
Tasan
Sojourner

Postby Tasan » Wed Oct 25, 2006 7:32 pm

So will the documentation be brought out after beta, before beta, during?

Basically I want to know when the development tools(whatever they may be) will be available to the areas people.

If it's just documentation like it is now, it might be nice to get some framework available to people who are interested in building so that we aren't waiting for months after the change for something new to be put in. Also it might give someone who is intrepid enough the ability to write a new VB version of TorilEdit or something *hint*
Danahg tells you 'yeah, luckily i kept most of it in my mouth and nasal membranes, ugh'

Dlur group-says 'I have a dead horse that I'm dragging down the shaft with my 4 corpses. Anyone want to help me beat it?'

Calladuran: There are other games to play if you want to play with yourself.
Shevarash
FORGER CODER

Postby Shevarash » Wed Oct 25, 2006 7:35 pm

Area development docs will be released during the beta test to current areamakers or people who are confirmed as having an area in development. Open release of the new docs will take place after 2.0 is released. I very much would like to have new areas that can showcase 2.0 features up and running shortly after it goes live.
Shevarash -- Code Forger of TorilMUD
Tasan
Sojourner

Postby Tasan » Wed Oct 25, 2006 7:50 pm

Sounds good boss!
Danahg tells you 'yeah, luckily i kept most of it in my mouth and nasal membranes, ugh'

Dlur group-says 'I have a dead horse that I'm dragging down the shaft with my 4 corpses. Anyone want to help me beat it?'

Calladuran: There are other games to play if you want to play with yourself.
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Wed Oct 25, 2006 8:20 pm

I already have visions of the resulting carnage.
Yotus group-says 'special quest if you type hi dragon'
Shevarash OOC: 'I feature only the finest mammary glands.'
Silena group-says 'he was so fat and juicy..couldnt resist'

Return to “Toril 2.0 Discussion”