One of the concepts of attaining power in 3.5 is qualifying for prestige classes. This NPC was built with the Hammer of Moradin prestige class in mind, which requires some divine casting and emphasizes fighting with a hammer. Favored Soul was used instead of Cleric, but only to limit options and simplify things a bit. (Favored Souls are spontaneous casting Clerics that do not have to mem spells beforehand, but simply expend slots. Sorcerers work this way in 3.5.) Favored souls are also thought to be slightly better at fighting, though at only 4 levels, there's no real difference between that class and the standard Cleric.
Dwarves in 3.5 get a staggering array of specific bonuses, so note that throughout the char sheet, I've taken pains to list bonuses so I don't forget them. For example, additional save poison bonuses are listed again next to fort saves, just in case I look at the sheet to make a fort save vs. poison and forget about the dwarven racial resistance to poison.
Feats are explicitly ennumerated so it's clear what benefits they do and do not provide. Bonuses are in all cases broken down so it's easy to see where they come from and add/subtract according to circumstances.
Code: Select all
CHARACTER NAME : Dwarven Soldier, Hammer of Moradin
RACE (ECL) : Dwarf (+0)
CLASS (LEVEL) : Favored Soul 4/Ftr 4/HoM 2
... NET LEVEL : 10
ALIGNMENT : LG
SIZE : Medium
SPEED : 20 ft
TYPE : Humanoid (Dwarf)
Representative of an elite dwarven unit.
EXPERIENCE : xp
CASH : 49,000 gp
ABILITY SCORES: 40 point buy: 10+6+10+6+6+2
Str 20 (+5) (16/base 4/enh)
Dex 14 (+2) (14/base)
Con 24 (+7) (16/base 2/rac 2/bon 4/enh)
Int 10 (+0) (10/base)
Wis 14 (+2) (14/base)
Cha 12 (+1) (14/base -2/rac)
FORT +20 (4/fs 4/ftr 3/hom 2/rac 7/con) Does not autofail. +2 vs poison.
REF +9 (4/fs 1/ftr 2/rac 2/dex)
WILL +17 (4/fs 1/ftr 3/hom 2/rac 7/con) Immune to fear. +2 after combat starts.
HIT POINTS : 4d8 +6d10 +70 = 120
Standard : 20 (10/base 2/dex 6/armor 2/dodge)
Touch : 14 (10/base 2/dex 2/dodge)
Flat-Foot : 16 (10/base 6/armor)
Note: AC and saves improve by 2 when Prot. Evil is up.
INITIATIVE : +2 (2/dex)
BASE ATTACK : +9/4
RANGED : +17 (5/str 1/enh 1/wf 1/morale)
MELEE : +17 (5/str 1/enh 1/wf 1/morale)
Masterwork Cold Iron Warhammer [1d8 x2] +9 dam: +7/1.5strmod +2/w.spec
* +2 Constitution, –2 Charisma.
* Medium: As Medium creatures, dwarves have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.
* Dwarf base land speed is 20 feet. However, dwarves can move at this speed even when wearing medium or heavy armor or when carrying a medium or heavy load (unlike other creatures, whose speed is reduced in such situations).
* Darkvision: Dwarves can see in the dark up to 60 feet. Darkvision is black and white only, but it is otherwise like normal sight, and dwarves can function just fine with no light at all.
* Stonecunning: This ability grants a dwarf a +2 racial bonus on Search checks to notice unusual stonework, such as sliding walls, stonework traps, new construction (even when built to match the old), unsafe stone surfaces, shaky stone ceilings, and the like. Something that isn’t stone but that is disguised as stone also counts as unusual stonework. A dwarf who merely comes within 10 feet of unusual stonework can make a Search check as if he were actively searching, and a dwarf can use the Search skill to find stonework traps as a rogue can. A dwarf can also intuit depth, sensing his approximate depth underground as naturally as a human can sense which way is up.
* Weapon Familiarity: Dwarves may treat dwarven waraxes and dwarven urgroshes as martial weapons, rather than exotic weapons.
* Stability: A dwarf gains a +4 bonus on ability checks made to resist being bull rushed or tripped when standing on the ground (but not when climbing, flying, riding, or otherwise not standing firmly on the ground).
* +2 racial bonus on saving throws against poison.
* +2 racial bonus on saving throws against spells and spell-like effects.
* +1 racial bonus on attack rolls against orcs and goblinoids.
* +4 dodge bonus to Armor Class against monsters of the giant type. Any time a creature loses its Dexterity bonus (if any) to Armor Class, such as when it’s caught flat-footed, it loses its dodge bonus, too.
* +2 racial bonus on Appraise checks that are related to stone or metal items.
* +2 racial bonus on Craft checks that are related to stone or metal.
* Automatic Languages: Common and Dwarven. Bonus Languages: Giant, Gnome, Goblin, Orc, Terran, and Undercommon.
* Favored Class: Fighter. A multiclass dwarf ’s fighter class does not count when determining whether he takes an experience point penalty for multiclassing
Favored Soul: Weapon Focus (warhammer)
Hammer of Moradin: Warhammer becomes returning, range increment 20'. Goblinbane 1/day. Immune to fear.
Cha 1 . Brutal Throw (Str instead of Dex for throws)
Cha 3 . Dodge (+1 AC)
FS 3 . Weapon Focus (warhammer)
Ftr 1 . Combat Focus (gain focus by hitting enemy; +2 to will saves)
Cha 6 . Endurance
Ftr 2 . Combat Defense (+1 dodge AC in focus; change Dodge target as immediate action)
Ftr 4 . Weapon Specialization (warhammer)
Cha 9 . Steadfast Determination (use Con for Will; do not autofail Fort on 1.)
---------------[ Epic Threshold! ]---------------
SKILLS 2*13 = 26
Craft (Weapons) +12 (10 ranks 0/int 2/rac)
Concentration +12 (5 ranks 7/con)
Heal +3 (1 ranks 2/wis)
Know (Arcana) +8 (8 ranks 0/int)
Know (Religion) +2 (2 ranks 0/int)
Listen +2 (0 ranks 2/wis)
Ride +2 (0 ranks 2/dex)
Search +0 (0 ranks 0/int)
Sense Motive +2 (0 ranks 2/wis)
Spot +2 (0 ranks 2/wis)
Spent 26 ranks
EQUIPMENT (total 47 k)
Girdle of Giant Strength [16000 gp; +4 str]
Amulet of Health [16000 gp; +4 con]
+1 Warded Breastplate [9350 gp; AC6 4maxdex -3 ACP, death ward 1/day 7min]
+1 Mighty Composite Longbow [2730 gp; Darkwood; 1d8+4 x3 add +3str bon to dmg]
Arrows, Cold Iron (20) [40 gp; in weightless storage]
Arrows, Regular (40) [40 gp; in weightless storage]
Efficient Quiver [1800 gp]
Masterwork Cold Iron Warhammer x2 [648 gp; 1d8+9 x2]
Cold Iron Caltrops x5 [10 gp; in weightless storage]
Flashpellet x4 [200 gp; thrown, 10' radius, Ref DC 15 or dazzled 1 min]
Silk Rope [20 gp; 100', +2 use rope, 10 lbs.]
FSOUL SPELLS: 6 7 4
SPELLS KNOWN: 6 4 3
0 - Cure Minor Wounds, Detect Magic, Detect Poison, Mending, Purify food and drink, Read Magic
1 - Bless, Divine Favor, Faith Healing (as max CLW; 12 hps), Protection from Evil
2 - Align Weapon, Silence, Spiritual Weapon
Stat block assumes someone gets Bless up, but other spells are not factored in.