Errants of Waterdeep [RP Thread]

Discussion concerning the upcoming Toril 2.0 update as well as general 3.5 edition D&D discussion
moritheil
Sojourner
Posts: 4845
Joined: Wed Jan 31, 2001 6:01 am

Errants of Waterdeep [RP Thread]

Postby moritheil » Wed Oct 25, 2006 6:26 pm

The sign is seen at billboards, in taverns, and even in some of the more obscure posting places such as the Waterdeep thieves' guild. Scrawled with thick black ink in an uneven hand, it reads:

"WANTED: Errants of Waterdeep and the outlying regions, to undertake a serious job requiring an array of talents. Apply to Anthor at Selune's Smile, within a tenday from today, Day of Freedom, the 4th day of Annaxes (Breath of Frost.)"

Added to the bottom, perhaps as an afterthought, is, "Will pay 100 gp upon completion of first task."

OOC: If you haven't seen the other threads, I will be conducting a 3.5 campaign to introduce old Torilites to the new 3.5 system, which Toril 2.0 will be based on. Characters are to be 40-point-buy. Post questions and OOC talk in other threads, please. Thanks again to Shevarash, Shar, Oghma, Ragorn, Gormal, Arilin, Birile, Malacar, and all the others!

IF I have approved your character for this campaign (if your name is listed above, you're approved), feel free to start RPing in this thread. Ideally you'll all meet up in the tavern Selune's Smile, located in mid-WD, and we'll progress from there.
Yotus group-says 'special quest if you type hi dragon'
Shevarash OOC: 'I feature only the finest mammary glands.'
Silena group-says 'he was so fat and juicy..couldnt resist'
moritheil
Sojourner
Posts: 4845
Joined: Wed Jan 31, 2001 6:01 am

Setting the Stage

Postby moritheil » Fri Oct 27, 2006 2:29 pm

Selune's Smile is an imposing, three-story edifice located at the west end of the Waterdeep Bazaar. Mirroring the name, a gaudy crescent moon wreathed in permanent faerie fire hovers over the entrance to this tavern. An astonishingly large man stands by the door, nodding as you enter.

Once inside, Anthor is surprisingly easy to spot. Though the festivities for the night have begun, and drunks lie sprawled on surfaces everywhere, one hard-looking man sits alone at a massive wooden table. As you watch, a few patrons briefly consider taking a corner of the table, but a look from him convinces them to find room elsewhere.

Anthor is dressed in oiled leather armor, and somehow he has convinced the bouncers not to check his sword, for a hilt can be seen sticking out of his belt. A flowing cloak obscures anything else he may be carrying.
Yotus group-says 'special quest if you type hi dragon'

Shevarash OOC: 'I feature only the finest mammary glands.'

Silena group-says 'he was so fat and juicy..couldnt resist'
Gormal
Sojourner
Posts: 3914
Joined: Tue Feb 13, 2001 6:01 am
Location: A Whale's Vagina
Contact:

Postby Gormal » Fri Oct 27, 2006 2:39 pm

A somewhat inebriated dwarf saunters out from the back room, slurring the chorus to the final song the bard sang before passing out drunk.

*hic* "Thought because I carried a holy symbol, I couldn't hold a tankard too? Hah!"

Koray swerves amongst the tables and other patrons before planting himself (quite forcefully) onto a bench alongside a man in oiled leather.

"Well met!" Koray bellows. "Yeh know its not good for yer health to be drinkin' alone don't ya?"
moritheil
Sojourner
Posts: 4845
Joined: Wed Jan 31, 2001 6:01 am

Postby moritheil » Fri Oct 27, 2006 2:47 pm

Anthor gives the new arrival a searching look. "Well met . . . priest, is it?" As if completely oblivious to the dwarf's state of intoxication, he slides a pitcher over. "Will you drink to the success of my latest venture?"
Last edited by moritheil on Fri Oct 27, 2006 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Arilin Nydelahar
Sojourner
Posts: 1498
Joined: Sat Jul 27, 2002 5:01 am
Location: Virginia Beach
Contact:

Postby Arilin Nydelahar » Fri Oct 27, 2006 2:56 pm

A lean elf eyes the spectacle of the obviously drunk dwarf from his table in the Inn, and continues to down his drink silently.

After a moment he sighs, "Dwarves. Always dwarves." The elf rises, and clasps his hands behind his back as he walks through the throng people in the inn, moving aside so as to never touch another person as he steadily makes progress towards the obviously armed man.

Standing before the table the elf nods to the man in the oiled leathers, "I assume you're Anthor? I've come to inquire about the sign."
moritheil
Sojourner
Posts: 4845
Joined: Wed Jan 31, 2001 6:01 am

Postby moritheil » Fri Oct 27, 2006 4:12 pm

"That I am." Anthor indicates the table. "Take a seat, if you please. I'd prefer to wait for a few more to show up, so I don't have to repeat myself. This pitcher here is ale, and that one is beer."
Gormal
Sojourner
Posts: 3914
Joined: Tue Feb 13, 2001 6:01 am
Location: A Whale's Vagina
Contact:

Postby Gormal » Fri Oct 27, 2006 4:18 pm

Koray takes the proffered pitcher, refilling his tankard with Selune's local ale (never minding that his cup was already half full of a thick stout).

"To your successful adventure!" the red-nosed dwarf cheers drunkenly and tips the thick tin vessel back, foam running around the rim and into his auburn beard. With a satisfied intake of breath, he lowers the tankard to find the disapproving stare of a young elf.
Arilin Nydelahar
Sojourner
Posts: 1498
Joined: Sat Jul 27, 2002 5:01 am
Location: Virginia Beach
Contact:

Postby Arilin Nydelahar » Fri Oct 27, 2006 4:21 pm

Thalidyrr nods and takes a seat opposite of Anthor and glances at the boozing dwarf. "Do you plan on being awake when he decides to let us know what the sign is referring to, good Dwarf?" Glancing back to Anthor he continues to watch his surroundings quietly surveying the area.
Birile
Sojourner
Posts: 1413
Joined: Wed Dec 11, 2002 6:01 am
Location: Albany, NY

Postby Birile » Fri Oct 27, 2006 4:33 pm

A tiny figure appears in the doorway of Selune's Smile and makes its way through the crowd of taller folk, slipping beneath tables and avoiding brutish adventurers as best it can. It continues to make its way to the back of the bar toward a closed door guarded by a 7 foot tall barbarian.

As the figure nears the door, the barbarian grins. "Hail, little one!" the barbarian says to the figure.

The figure removes the hood of its cloak and a shock of disheveled red hair bursts forth from the tiny head of a halfling male. "Good day to you, Lorik!" says the halfling. He flips a silver coin to the barbarian and disappears through the open door.
Gormal
Sojourner
Posts: 3914
Joined: Tue Feb 13, 2001 6:01 am
Location: A Whale's Vagina
Contact:

Postby Gormal » Fri Oct 27, 2006 5:03 pm

Koray raises a bushy eyebrow at the sneering elf. "Is that some kinda challenge? What sign are you blubbering about? There are signs everywhere lad. I saw a sign just the other day in fact!"

Koray quickly turned his head, barely manging to clear the elf's face before loosing a raccous belch.

"Ah saw a sign about errands in Waterdeep or some fool thing."
moritheil
Sojourner
Posts: 4845
Joined: Wed Jan 31, 2001 6:01 am

Postby moritheil » Fri Oct 27, 2006 5:20 pm

Leaving the elf and dwarf to their conjectures for the moment, the man takes note of the halfling's entrance, and his approach near the table. He watches intently to see if this new arrival is one of the interested parties.
Yotus group-says 'special quest if you type hi dragon'

Shevarash OOC: 'I feature only the finest mammary glands.'

Silena group-says 'he was so fat and juicy..couldnt resist'
Birile
Sojourner
Posts: 1413
Joined: Wed Dec 11, 2002 6:01 am
Location: Albany, NY

Postby Birile » Fri Oct 27, 2006 5:45 pm

A few moments later, the halfling emerges from the barbarian-guarded doorway, his head down, preoccupied with trying to carry a variety of possessions whilst reading a piece of parchment at the same time.

Not paying any mind to where he is heading he trips over the boot of an adventurer and stumbles forward, reeling headlong into the robust form of a dwarf and falls to the floor, his possessions scattering. Irritated, he looks up at the dwarf who is seated with two other men and huffs, "Would you mind where you keep your girth, dwarf? Look at the mess you've made of my things!"
Arilin Nydelahar
Sojourner
Posts: 1498
Joined: Sat Jul 27, 2002 5:01 am
Location: Virginia Beach
Contact:

Postby Arilin Nydelahar » Fri Oct 27, 2006 8:33 pm

Thalidyrr crinkles his nose at the stench from the dwarfs loud, and very smelly belch. He glances back to Anthor. "How many more parties are we expecting before we can find out what this is in reference to?". Glancing at the halfling scurrying to snatch up all his possessions off the floor.
Gormal
Sojourner
Posts: 3914
Joined: Tue Feb 13, 2001 6:01 am
Location: A Whale's Vagina
Contact:

Postby Gormal » Fri Oct 27, 2006 8:40 pm

Koray stares idly at the flustered halfling trying to gather the belongings from the floor.

"Whassat?" Koray grunted at the small, overburdened man. "Ah've heard of crawling into the bottle, but it looks like you're about to take of residence in one!"

Chuckling, he motions to the halfling to join them at the table. "Have a drink with us, lad! This one was about to regale us with a story about signs." he said grinning at the elf.

"What was your name anyway, mate? Folk call me Koray Stoneforge if it please ye." Koray declared as he clapped himself on the belly, and the elf on his back... maybe a touch too hard.
moritheil
Sojourner
Posts: 4845
Joined: Wed Jan 31, 2001 6:01 am

Postby moritheil » Fri Oct 27, 2006 9:10 pm

Anthor frowns. "Hmm, I had been expecting one or two more. I'll wait another few minutes and if no one shows - " He is cut off abruptly by the crashing halfling, and watches as Koray seats the little one at the table.

"Have we one more, then? Why don't we all introduce ourselves. I am Anthor, as most of you presumably know."
Yotus group-says 'special quest if you type hi dragon'

Shevarash OOC: 'I feature only the finest mammary glands.'

Silena group-says 'he was so fat and juicy..couldnt resist'
Gormal
Sojourner
Posts: 3914
Joined: Tue Feb 13, 2001 6:01 am
Location: A Whale's Vagina
Contact:

Postby Gormal » Fri Oct 27, 2006 9:34 pm

"Koray Stoneforge, sir!" Koray exclaims with a proud thump on his chest. "Do ye all know eachother then? I just came here help Selune's with an overabundance of ale problem I heard about."
Birile
Sojourner
Posts: 1413
Joined: Wed Dec 11, 2002 6:01 am
Location: Albany, NY

Postby Birile » Fri Oct 27, 2006 10:17 pm

"Birile. Birile Mightymouth, to be exact," says the halfling as he finishes picking up his possessions. Looking at the man in oiled leather, he continues, "So you're Anthor--I was just reading your advertisement here," gesturing to the parchment he had been reading. "Care to offer a lil more detail?"
Arilin Nydelahar
Sojourner
Posts: 1498
Joined: Sat Jul 27, 2002 5:01 am
Location: Virginia Beach
Contact:

Postby Arilin Nydelahar » Fri Oct 27, 2006 11:07 pm

The chair Thalidyrr is sitting in inches forward slightly at the dwarfs thump on his back. "I am know simply as Thalidyrr. And to answer Anthors question, no I do not know anyone in this establishment. I've come only about the paper in question our Halfling friend is holding. So yes, do tell what this is all about Anthor."
Tasan
Sojourner
Posts: 1710
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2001 6:01 am
Location: Fridley, Mn USA
Contact:

Postby Tasan » Sat Oct 28, 2006 8:03 pm

Before Anthor can explain the situation to the gathered group a commotion begins at the outer door to the Smile. Many of the current patrons stare bewildered as the bouncer tumbles backwards through the door and lands on top of a table with a crash that sends many of those same patrons fleeing for the door. As the exodus from the fray begins to thin the crowd, one black haired man steps fowards through the exiting stream and offers a hand to the bouncer.

"You see now what I mean?" he says calmly. His offered hand is taken up by the bouncer and the man is raised from the floor easily. "I told you I've learned a fair more than when I applied here!".

"So ye have," comes the answer from the bouncer, "But ye still aren' trustworthy enough to be employed!" At this he lets out a mighty and deep laugh and embraces the newcomer.

"Well that may be true, but we'll have a try at it anyhow." He calmly looks about the inside of the Smile and notices the odd group of individuals at a wooden table. He calls to them in a voice clear and direct, "So who's the one paying for my services anyhow?!"
Danahg tells you 'yeah, luckily i kept most of it in my mouth and nasal membranes, ugh'

Dlur group-says 'I have a dead horse that I'm dragging down the shaft with my 4 corpses. Anyone want to help me beat it?'

Calladuran: There are other games to play if you want to play with yourself.
moritheil
Sojourner
Posts: 4845
Joined: Wed Jan 31, 2001 6:01 am

Postby moritheil » Sat Oct 28, 2006 8:46 pm

Removing his hand from his sword belt as casually as he can, Anthor looks the newcomer over. "Come have a seat and drink with us." He indicates an empty chair with a wave of his hand.

Once the dark-haired man is seated, Anthor nods. "I have called you all here because I find myself in an interesting position. As you know, business in Waterdeep is booming of late, and there are many odd jobs that require individuals with stout hearts, keen eyes, and sharp wits. I myself was once in such a position, but currently, I find myself overwhelmed. There are any number of small tasks that will pay reasonably well for a bit of risk - too much for one man to handle, so I turn to you."

Anthor pauses, looking around the table to see if his audience is still interested. Having reassured himself, he continues.

"The first job is almost embarrassingly simple, but it requires a bit of discretion. You are to take a confidential package from me and deliver it to a man who lives near Black Griffon Road. He will then send a reply package for you to deliver to me. Of course, under no circumstances are you to tamper with or investigate the contents of either package. There is 100 gp in this job for each of you.

"I know it's a lot for a delivery job, so some of you might be wondering what the catch is. It's nothing unusual. There are bandits on the road of late, so a bit of muscle is required for safe delivery.

"If we have a deal, I'll have the package ready by first light, and I'll give you the name of the recipient. Oh yes, and I'll need your name," he nods to the last arrival, "if I'm to write this up as a proper contract."
Yotus group-says 'special quest if you type hi dragon'

Shevarash OOC: 'I feature only the finest mammary glands.'

Silena group-says 'he was so fat and juicy..couldnt resist'
Arilin Nydelahar
Sojourner
Posts: 1498
Joined: Sat Jul 27, 2002 5:01 am
Location: Virginia Beach
Contact:

Postby Arilin Nydelahar » Sun Oct 29, 2006 1:58 pm

"This job seems almost painfully simple, I for one am in." The elf looks around the table, and eyes the newcomer for a moment before moving on waiting to see who else is going to take up this offer.
Gormal
Sojourner
Posts: 3914
Joined: Tue Feb 13, 2001 6:01 am
Location: A Whale's Vagina
Contact:

Postby Gormal » Sun Oct 29, 2006 9:54 pm

Koray eyes Anthor suspiciously and asks "Who exactly is this package for? I could use a good reason to get out of the city for a few days ah suppose."
moritheil
Sojourner
Posts: 4845
Joined: Wed Jan 31, 2001 6:01 am

Postby moritheil » Sun Oct 29, 2006 10:42 pm

Anthor smiles as if expecting the question. "It will all be made clear to you when we formalize the deal. Confidentiality, you understand. I prefer not to have the details known to those not working with me. I can promise you that there is nothing untoward involved.

After another moment's pause, he drains his mug and slides his chair back. "It's time I was going; I have other matters to attend to. Feel free to discuss the offer amongst yourselves. If you agree to take this job, meet me outside of Rigan's, just south of here, tomorrow morning at first light. I'll bring a copy of the contract for you to sign, along with the package and the name."
Yotus group-says 'special quest if you type hi dragon'

Shevarash OOC: 'I feature only the finest mammary glands.'

Silena group-says 'he was so fat and juicy..couldnt resist'
Arilin Nydelahar
Sojourner
Posts: 1498
Joined: Sat Jul 27, 2002 5:01 am
Location: Virginia Beach
Contact:

Postby Arilin Nydelahar » Tue Oct 31, 2006 1:41 am

Thalidyrr watches Anthor leave and make his way out of Selunes, then turns his attention to the new curiosity sitting at the table. Making a glance around him at the motley of seated adventurers he says "Well? If that one alone won't do this because of the possibility of bandits as he says, what say you all?"

"I am going to seek Anthor out and see about completing this mundane task as it may provided a needed distraction."
Last edited by Arilin Nydelahar on Tue Oct 31, 2006 4:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Birile
Sojourner
Posts: 1413
Joined: Wed Dec 11, 2002 6:01 am
Location: Albany, NY

Postby Birile » Tue Oct 31, 2006 2:16 am

The halfling grins at the thought of any sort of mischief he could get involved in.

"I doubt Anthor is quite telling the truth about the contents of his package and I'm sure these 'bandits' he speaks of have a particular interest in the package, as well. In short, sounds like fun! I could use the gold, to be sure."
Yasden
Sojourner
Posts: 1597
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2001 6:01 am
Location: Lake Stevens, WA, USA

Postby Yasden » Tue Oct 31, 2006 3:57 am

"I concur with the hairfoot," a soft tenor voice resounded from the shadows.

A half-elf revealed himself, stepping out of the shadow of the support beam where he'd been lurking. He was a little over five feet, with sandy brown hair that flowed halfway down his back, luminescent gray eyes, and a dark tan that suggested he frequented the outdoors regularly. A very thin beard, coming from his human blood, resided on his face.

"Sorry if I alarmed you all, but I'm always wary of these signs," the half-elf continued. "Khaiden...Khaiden Windwalker," he introduced himself with a short bow.
Support Your Addiction! Vote for TorilMUD Today!

Top Mud Sites: http://www.topmudsites.com/cgi-bin/topmuds/rankem.cgi?id=shev

Why Nerox is jealous of me:

Nerox tells you 'man this thing is kicking my ass and i have blisters!'
Nerox tells you 'ok attempting it again put tape on my fingers for easier sliding'
Arilin Nydelahar
Sojourner
Posts: 1498
Joined: Sat Jul 27, 2002 5:01 am
Location: Virginia Beach
Contact:

Postby Arilin Nydelahar » Tue Oct 31, 2006 4:12 am

Thalidyrr looks up at the half-elf, not in shock but slight amusement. "You're as subtle as our friend here who threw the bouncer not to long ago" nodding to the other human. " He takes a sip from his drink and lapses back into silence looking expectantly at the rest of the gathered group.
Last edited by Arilin Nydelahar on Thu Nov 02, 2006 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Birile
Sojourner
Posts: 1413
Joined: Wed Dec 11, 2002 6:01 am
Location: Albany, NY

Postby Birile » Tue Oct 31, 2006 4:57 pm

"Well then," replies the halfling, "It would seem we're in agreement. Shall we meet at Rigan's tomorrow morning, then?"
Yasden
Sojourner
Posts: 1597
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2001 6:01 am
Location: Lake Stevens, WA, USA

Postby Yasden » Wed Nov 01, 2006 12:15 am

Khaiden simply smirked at the elf's words. He knew all too well that arguing with an elf was about as pointless as trying to civilize a barbarian.

He turned to the halfling, and nodded. "I'll try to be of some assistance."

Looking around to the rest of the table, he shrugged his shoulders at them.

"What say you all?"
Last edited by Yasden on Wed Nov 01, 2006 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Support Your Addiction! Vote for TorilMUD Today!



Top Mud Sites: http://www.topmudsites.com/cgi-bin/topmuds/rankem.cgi?id=shev



Why Nerox is jealous of me:



Nerox tells you 'man this thing is kicking my ass and i have blisters!'

Nerox tells you 'ok attempting it again put tape on my fingers for easier sliding'
Gormal
Sojourner
Posts: 3914
Joined: Tue Feb 13, 2001 6:01 am
Location: A Whale's Vagina
Contact:

Postby Gormal » Wed Nov 01, 2006 3:56 pm

Koray smiles broadly and motions to an empty seat. "At least take a seat, lad. Its bad manners to talk down to people ya know."
Arilin Nydelahar
Sojourner
Posts: 1498
Joined: Sat Jul 27, 2002 5:01 am
Location: Virginia Beach
Contact:

Postby Arilin Nydelahar » Wed Nov 01, 2006 10:36 pm

Thalidyrr sighs and rises from his chair, "I think you've drank enough good dwarf. I believe we have wasted enough time in this...establishment." He looks around at the gathered group. "Are we ready to depart, and see what this is truly about?" The elf waits few moments, and clasps hands behind his back again and begins walking towards the door at a steady even pace.
Yasden
Sojourner
Posts: 1597
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2001 6:01 am
Location: Lake Stevens, WA, USA

Postby Yasden » Wed Nov 01, 2006 10:49 pm

Khaiden smiled at the dwarf, nodding and pulling the chair out in acceptance of his invitation.

And then pushed it back in immediately as the elf got up and proceeded towards the exit.

"Ahh well, guess there'll be no ale for me today," he said with a comical smile and feigned sigh of exasperation.

"Wait up, Thalidyrr," he called. "I'm with you...if you really prefer to not sleep on it a night."

He paused a moment, after getting the elf's attention.

"I was more of the mind that we'd get a decent night's sleep and meet here at first light before heading there."
Support Your Addiction! Vote for TorilMUD Today!



Top Mud Sites: http://www.topmudsites.com/cgi-bin/topmuds/rankem.cgi?id=shev



Why Nerox is jealous of me:



Nerox tells you 'man this thing is kicking my ass and i have blisters!'

Nerox tells you 'ok attempting it again put tape on my fingers for easier sliding'
Arilin Nydelahar
Sojourner
Posts: 1498
Joined: Sat Jul 27, 2002 5:01 am
Location: Virginia Beach
Contact:

Postby Arilin Nydelahar » Wed Nov 01, 2006 10:58 pm

Stopping before he cleared the entry way, "Sleep" he mused. "I tend to forget about that..requirement of some."

Turning on his heel, he makes his way back to the table and sits down at the table once again.

"Indeed. So, do tell Khaiden, is it? What brings you into this..fine city?"
Yasden
Sojourner
Posts: 1597
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2001 6:01 am
Location: Lake Stevens, WA, USA

Postby Yasden » Wed Nov 01, 2006 11:27 pm

"Well, I'd considered some further training in my craft, but I also was seeking some answers to my questions, and I'd been hoping Khelben might be able to provide them."

"For example, you're about to say 'what questions?', and I'll just give this answer..."

Khaiden suddenly developed a serious look on his face.

"Don't you find it odd how I knew your name? You never once provided it to any of us."

Before the elf could provide any reasons as to this knowledge, Khaiden continued.

"Lately I've been able to pick through people's thoughts for whatever reason. It's random thoughts, but when I saw you, the name Thalidyrr came to me."

Khaiden shrugged his shoulders and visibly relaxed.

"It's no big deal though, really. I'm just naturally curious. I can find the answers after we're done with Anthor's task. I could use the gold."
Support Your Addiction! Vote for TorilMUD Today!



Top Mud Sites: http://www.topmudsites.com/cgi-bin/topmuds/rankem.cgi?id=shev



Why Nerox is jealous of me:



Nerox tells you 'man this thing is kicking my ass and i have blisters!'

Nerox tells you 'ok attempting it again put tape on my fingers for easier sliding'
Tasan
Sojourner
Posts: 1710
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2001 6:01 am
Location: Fridley, Mn USA
Contact:

Postby Tasan » Thu Nov 02, 2006 4:31 am

Leaning back in his chair with his hands clasped behind his head, the dark-haired human yawned loudly and gave a great stretch outwards.

"Gold for services is all fine and good, but where there are bandits, there are also bandit hideouts and...," With this he held his hand out to the halfling awaiting a reply, to which only a blank stare was returned. The man rolled his eyes and continued, "and of course whatever loot the bandits have managed to pilfer away for themselves! Gold is grand, but what of other treasures they may have stolen from the coffers of the merchants of this 'fair' city?" With this he chuckled amused to himself.

"Either way, I should be able to find a way to slide a blade into someone's neck or groin!" With this he stood and smiled a greeting at the assembled throng and threw a small white card onto the table.

He began to head for the exit and said without turning, "On the 'morrow then gents. Rigan's it is."

The dwarf reached a thick fingered hand to the card and plucked it gently from the table before reading it aloud while shaking his head. "All it says is 'Tasan was here'."
Danahg tells you 'yeah, luckily i kept most of it in my mouth and nasal membranes, ugh'



Dlur group-says 'I have a dead horse that I'm dragging down the shaft with my 4 corpses. Anyone want to help me beat it?'



Calladuran: There are other games to play if you want to play with yourself.
moritheil
Sojourner
Posts: 4845
Joined: Wed Jan 31, 2001 6:01 am

Postby moritheil » Thu Nov 02, 2006 2:35 pm

The morning dawns, cold and grey. In hours, the streets will be full of the cries of fish vendors, rug importers, and gem merchants hawking their wares - but for now, Waterdeep slumbers.

Draped in a heavy cloak, a lone figure stands on a street corner near Rigan's, patiently waiting.
Birile
Sojourner
Posts: 1413
Joined: Wed Dec 11, 2002 6:01 am
Location: Albany, NY

Postby Birile » Thu Nov 02, 2006 3:01 pm

The sound of someone's footsteps at a jogging pace can be heard through the crisp morning air, accompanied by the sound of a carefree tune being whistled.

Through the mist a small form emerges, heading toward Rigan's and the man waiting there.

"Hail, Anthor!" says the halfling, all too cheerily. Looking about, he exclaims, "And where are the taller ones? Late, to be sure... Would you like to take bets as to who will show last--the drunk (and likely hungover) dorf or the overdramatic human and elves?"

Before Anthor can answer the halfling turns away from him and begins fiddling with a backpack he carries on his back, arranging and re-arranging the items within incessantly.
Arilin Nydelahar
Sojourner
Posts: 1498
Joined: Sat Jul 27, 2002 5:01 am
Location: Virginia Beach
Contact:

Postby Arilin Nydelahar » Thu Nov 02, 2006 3:46 pm

Thalidyrr awakens from his reverie, and begins to roll his supplies, and put everything into its place in his backpack. Muttering a small prayer, all that can be heard is "Corellon preserve." As usual, with hands behind his back he begins to make his way through the city.

Finally getting to the appointed time and place, he see's Anthor and the Halfling already there. Walking up to the yet to be assembled group, "Indeed. I somehow knew I would beat the dwarf here."
Yasden
Sojourner
Posts: 1597
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2001 6:01 am
Location: Lake Stevens, WA, USA

Postby Yasden » Thu Nov 02, 2006 11:33 pm

Sheathing his daggers in his belt, Khaiden cinches his robe tightly about his waist, drawing the hood over his head, only the luminescence of his gray eyes easily seen.

He quickly steps out of Selune's Smile, making his way toward Rigan's, hoping maybe some random clairvoyance will appear to shed light on this most peculiar of tasks. The sun was just peeking over some of the shorter buildings in the area, basking the air in a faint orangish glow.

The smell of fish, morning fires, and horse manure permeated the air around the bazaar as he saw three figures ahead, outside of the jeweler's. He could tell right away whom they were, but where were the other two?

"Well met!" Khaiden called to the trio from several feet away as he approached. "Fine day for a stiff breeze, daring adventures, and good conversation!"
Support Your Addiction! Vote for TorilMUD Today!



Top Mud Sites: http://www.topmudsites.com/cgi-bin/topmuds/rankem.cgi?id=shev



Why Nerox is jealous of me:



Nerox tells you 'man this thing is kicking my ass and i have blisters!'

Nerox tells you 'ok attempting it again put tape on my fingers for easier sliding'
Tasan
Sojourner
Posts: 1710
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2001 6:01 am
Location: Fridley, Mn USA
Contact:

Postby Tasan » Fri Nov 03, 2006 12:44 am

A few seconds pass in eerie silence before an apple core flies swiftly through the air and into the back of Khaiden's head. The triumphant cry of a group of children follows along with the quick footsteps of their hasty retreat. From the direction of the fading sounds, a figure appears through the early morning mist and stifles a chuckle as he reaches the gathered group.

"I say, for a boy of only eight summers he has quite the aim. I'm sure the coin I proffered may have steadied his hand as well, but probably not quite as much as the respect of the urchins around him." Tasan broke through the wispy cloud of fog surrounding the entrance to Rigan's, and clapped Khaiden hard upon the back. "No lasting harm done. Now to business I hope!"
Danahg tells you 'yeah, luckily i kept most of it in my mouth and nasal membranes, ugh'



Dlur group-says 'I have a dead horse that I'm dragging down the shaft with my 4 corpses. Anyone want to help me beat it?'



Calladuran: There are other games to play if you want to play with yourself.
Yasden
Sojourner
Posts: 1597
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2001 6:01 am
Location: Lake Stevens, WA, USA

Postby Yasden » Fri Nov 03, 2006 1:28 am

Khaiden smirked in annoyance, brushing wet chunks of apple off the back of his hood, and muttered something under his breath.

"I suppose. However, you might want to put that fire out, lest you get a case of hot feet," Khaiden retorted, pointing down at Tasan's feet.

Tasan looked down to see small blue flames licking at his boots, which refused to go out despite the tremendous amounts of stomping and scuffing of his feet.

Khaiden turned his head and bit his lip to keep from bursting into laughter, his shoulders moving up and down in silent laughter.

He couldn't hold it any longer.

A light snicker, which quickly turned into a throaty laugh came from Khaiden, who snapped his fingers and made the flame disappear.

"No lasting harm done, Tasan!" he exclaimed with a toothy, mischievous grin.
Support Your Addiction! Vote for TorilMUD Today!



Top Mud Sites: http://www.topmudsites.com/cgi-bin/topmuds/rankem.cgi?id=shev



Why Nerox is jealous of me:



Nerox tells you 'man this thing is kicking my ass and i have blisters!'

Nerox tells you 'ok attempting it again put tape on my fingers for easier sliding'
Birile
Sojourner
Posts: 1413
Joined: Wed Dec 11, 2002 6:01 am
Location: Albany, NY

Postby Birile » Fri Nov 03, 2006 6:28 pm

Raising an eyebrow, the halfling exclaims, "This is going to be a long adventure, I see..." and then changing the subject, "And the dorf, has anyone checked under the tables at the Smile?"
Gormal
Sojourner
Posts: 3914
Joined: Tue Feb 13, 2001 6:01 am
Location: A Whale's Vagina
Contact:

Postby Gormal » Mon Nov 06, 2006 7:18 am

"Ah know I'm short, but at least you should notice when I'm around!" joked Koray as he stepped out from behind Birile.

"Besides, the only thing still under that table is their singer. I heard their bouncer dragging him out back this morning to give him a bath in a barrel of water." Koray chuckled softly and fell in alongside the halfling with a gentle pat on the shoulder.
moritheil
Sojourner
Posts: 4845
Joined: Wed Jan 31, 2001 6:01 am

Postby moritheil » Mon Nov 06, 2006 2:30 pm

Anthor waits a long moment before speaking.

"Good, you're all here." From within the depths of his cloak he produces a slightly worn metal scroll case, sealed on both ends. "This is the package. The recipient is a man named Esroh. As I told you last night, he lives off Black Griffon Road. He's known to be something of a hermit, so you might have to move around a bit to find him. No need to worry, though - he always sticks to the closer end of the road."

From a pouch, he pulls out a vellum parchment. "This is the contract. It's very short. Feel free to read it before you sign it."

Hefting the scroll case, he looks from one of you to another. "Which one of you will carry the package?"
Arilin Nydelahar
Sojourner
Posts: 1498
Joined: Sat Jul 27, 2002 5:01 am
Location: Virginia Beach
Contact:

Postby Arilin Nydelahar » Mon Nov 06, 2006 3:54 pm

Thalidyrr takes the contract and glances at it fairly quickly, "Everything appears in order, and it seems blissfully simple enough." Thalidyrr signs the contract, and hands it back to Anthor "Indeed. I do not need the scroll case. Perhaps the Halfling here may have room for it, it appears he has room for everything else."
Shevarash OOC: 'what can I say, I'm attracted to crazy chicks and really short dudes'
Birile
Sojourner
Posts: 1413
Joined: Wed Dec 11, 2002 6:01 am
Location: Albany, NY

Postby Birile » Mon Nov 06, 2006 4:45 pm

Birile's eyes light up when he sees the case, "Of course, I have room for th' case!" and snatches it from Anthor's hands and stuffs it in his satchel before the human in oiled armor even realizes what's happened. "We halflings are good at keepin' things secure."

And as an afterthought, "Let's see the contract." He takes the contract from Anthor, signs it without reading it and hands it back. "There we are!"
Gormal
Sojourner
Posts: 3914
Joined: Tue Feb 13, 2001 6:01 am
Location: A Whale's Vagina
Contact:

Postby Gormal » Tue Nov 07, 2006 12:22 am

Koray accepts the contract, reading it over before signing his name in blocky, heavy lettering.
Yasden
Sojourner
Posts: 1597
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2001 6:01 am
Location: Lake Stevens, WA, USA

Postby Yasden » Tue Nov 07, 2006 2:37 am

Khaiden glances at the contract, reading it over, then reading it over again, and turning it in the light to try to make sense of it.

"Sorry, the dwarf seems to have taken up most of the page signing his name to it. Everything looks in order."

Khaiden quickly scribbles his name in a tiny little corner with a feathered quill, then hands the vellum back to Anthor, nodding.
Support Your Addiction! Vote for TorilMUD Today!



Top Mud Sites: http://www.topmudsites.com/cgi-bin/topmuds/rankem.cgi?id=shev



Why Nerox is jealous of me:



Nerox tells you 'man this thing is kicking my ass and i have blisters!'

Nerox tells you 'ok attempting it again put tape on my fingers for easier sliding'
Tasan
Sojourner
Posts: 1710
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2001 6:01 am
Location: Fridley, Mn USA
Contact:

Postby Tasan » Tue Nov 07, 2006 11:12 pm

Tasan mills about at the back of the crowd for a few moments before Anthor looks at him and asks him to read the contract.

"Er uh... Just tell me what it says. I mean... I don't have time to read all this jibberish lawful script."

Khaiden takes the contract and reads it aloud to Tasan who merely nods every so often to indicate his approval. When at last the reading is finished, Tasan takes the quill and jabs it into his left index finger. He proceeds to draw a sickly looking "T" in blood upon the contract and then hands it back to Anthor with a solemn look of content.
Danahg tells you 'yeah, luckily i kept most of it in my mouth and nasal membranes, ugh'



Dlur group-says 'I have a dead horse that I'm dragging down the shaft with my 4 corpses. Anyone want to help me beat it?'



Calladuran: There are other games to play if you want to play with yourself.
Birile
Sojourner
Posts: 1413
Joined: Wed Dec 11, 2002 6:01 am
Location: Albany, NY

Postby Birile » Fri Nov 10, 2006 3:47 pm

Grimacing at the human's barbaric gesture, Birile replies, "Well, then! Let's get on with it, shall we?" and takes a few steps away from the group. He stops and turns toward the others, waiting expectantly.

Return to “Toril 2.0 Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests