Errants of Waterdeep [RP Thread]

Discussion concerning the upcoming Toril 2.0 update as well as general 3.5 edition D&D discussion
moritheil
Sojourner
Posts: 4845
Joined: Wed Jan 31, 2001 6:01 am

Postby moritheil » Tue Jan 23, 2007 7:08 pm

Caught off-balance as well as flat-footed, Koray is tripped by the wolf mauling him.

OOC Koray goes next, but he's prone. Standing up from prone normally provokes an attack of opportunity from anyone adjacent. Staying prone means your melee armor class and attacks are penalized, but your AC improves vs. ranged attacks.
Gormal
Sojourner
Posts: 3914
Joined: Tue Feb 13, 2001 6:01 am
Location: A Whale's Vagina
Contact:

Postby Gormal » Tue Jan 23, 2007 9:57 pm

Koray swings his hammer at the attacking wolf, attempting to crush its skull.


Hit Wolf (1d20=5+3/str+1BAB=9)
Attack Wolf (1d8=3+3/str=6)
Last edited by Gormal on Sun Jan 28, 2007 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
moritheil
Sojourner
Posts: 4845
Joined: Wed Jan 31, 2001 6:01 am

Postby moritheil » Sun Jan 28, 2007 1:55 am

The wolf darts out of the way of the blow.
Gormal
Sojourner
Posts: 3914
Joined: Tue Feb 13, 2001 6:01 am
Location: A Whale's Vagina
Contact:

Postby Gormal » Mon Jan 29, 2007 7:06 pm

Koray rolls away from the wolf and attempts to get to his feet.
moritheil
Sojourner
Posts: 4845
Joined: Wed Jan 31, 2001 6:01 am

Postby moritheil » Mon Jan 29, 2007 10:04 pm

The wolf darts forward and clamps its jagged teeth on Koray's arm, ripping into his flesh.

OOC 5 damage.
Arilin Nydelahar
Sojourner
Posts: 1498
Joined: Sat Jul 27, 2002 5:01 am
Location: Virginia Beach
Contact:

Postby Arilin Nydelahar » Tue Jan 30, 2007 11:38 am

Thalidyrr charges the nearest wolf and aims a blow directly at it.

Hit Roll: (1d20+3+1=19)

Damage Roll: (1d6+3=8)
moritheil
Sojourner
Posts: 4845
Joined: Wed Jan 31, 2001 6:01 am

Postby moritheil » Tue Jan 30, 2007 4:19 pm

Thalidyrr feels the wolf's jawbone crack as he pummels it.
Tasan
Sojourner
Posts: 1710
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2001 6:01 am
Location: Fridley, Mn USA
Contact:

Postby Tasan » Tue Jan 30, 2007 7:46 pm

Not hearing anything positive from behind, Tasan whirls and charges the wolf attacking Dwylt.

Attack roll (1d20+6=21) + 2(charge) = 23

Damage Roll (1d10+4=5)

OOC: joy... natural 1 on the damage roll ftw.
Danahg tells you 'yeah, luckily i kept most of it in my mouth and nasal membranes, ugh'

Dlur group-says 'I have a dead horse that I'm dragging down the shaft with my 4 corpses. Anyone want to help me beat it?'

Calladuran: There are other games to play if you want to play with yourself.
moritheil
Sojourner
Posts: 4845
Joined: Wed Jan 31, 2001 6:01 am

Postby moritheil » Wed Jan 31, 2007 12:41 am

Tasan leaves a nasty gash on the side of the wolf, sending fur and blood flying.
Yasden
Sojourner
Posts: 1597
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2001 6:01 am
Location: Lake Stevens, WA, USA

Postby Yasden » Wed Jan 31, 2007 11:41 am

Khaiden's gaze seems to be glassy, as he is deep in concentration. He points a finger at the wolf attacking Dwylt and lets another magic missile fly.

Damage roll: 1d4+1=4
Support Your Addiction! Vote for TorilMUD Today!

Top Mud Sites: http://www.topmudsites.com/cgi-bin/topmuds/rankem.cgi?id=shev

Why Nerox is jealous of me:

Nerox tells you 'man this thing is kicking my ass and i have blisters!'
Nerox tells you 'ok attempting it again put tape on my fingers for easier sliding'
moritheil
Sojourner
Posts: 4845
Joined: Wed Jan 31, 2001 6:01 am

Postby moritheil » Wed Jan 31, 2007 4:40 pm

The wolf staggers under the blow, obviously injured but still standing.
Birile
Sojourner
Posts: 1413
Joined: Wed Dec 11, 2002 6:01 am
Location: Albany, NY

Postby Birile » Wed Jan 31, 2007 5:13 pm

moritheil
Sojourner
Posts: 4845
Joined: Wed Jan 31, 2001 6:01 am

Postby moritheil » Wed Jan 31, 2007 5:15 pm

The arrow whizzes by overhead, narrowly missing the beast.
moritheil
Sojourner
Posts: 4845
Joined: Wed Jan 31, 2001 6:01 am

Postby moritheil » Sat Feb 03, 2007 12:57 am

The wolves continue attacking Koray, Dwylt, and Birile. Koray continues to be mauled, while Birile is grazed by an attacking wolf.

OOC: Birile and Koray get to resist trip attempts.

4 damage for Koray, 2 for Birile.

Side note: I assumed Birile did a 5' step to get out of melee and fire the arrow during his turn. Otherwise he would have incurred an AOO from the wolf attacking him.
Birile
Sojourner
Posts: 1413
Joined: Wed Dec 11, 2002 6:01 am
Location: Albany, NY

Postby Birile » Mon Feb 05, 2007 5:20 pm

OOC

Opposed Trip Check (1d20+3=9)

And thank you, Mori, for going easy on me and assuming the 5' step. :)
Gormal
Sojourner
Posts: 3914
Joined: Tue Feb 13, 2001 6:01 am
Location: A Whale's Vagina
Contact:

Postby Gormal » Tue Feb 06, 2007 4:02 am

moritheil
Sojourner
Posts: 4845
Joined: Wed Jan 31, 2001 6:01 am

Postby moritheil » Tue Feb 06, 2007 4:04 am

Birile is tripped, while Koray manages to right himself and avoids going down.
Arilin Nydelahar
Sojourner
Posts: 1498
Joined: Sat Jul 27, 2002 5:01 am
Location: Virginia Beach
Contact:

Postby Arilin Nydelahar » Tue Feb 06, 2007 2:42 pm

Thalidyrr continues to attack the wolf aiming for a blow at the creatures side, and dodging away from the vicious teeth.

Hitroll (1d20+3+1=24)

Damage Roll 1d6+3=4

Critical Roll (1d20+3=21)



OOC: So I go from a natural 20, to a natural 1. I rule.
Last edited by Arilin Nydelahar on Tue Feb 06, 2007 4:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Tasan
Sojourner
Posts: 1710
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2001 6:01 am
Location: Fridley, Mn USA
Contact:

Postby Tasan » Tue Feb 06, 2007 2:56 pm

Tasan shouts something gutteral and swings his bastard sword toward the chest of the wolf attacking Dwylt.

Attack Roll (1d20+6=20)

Damage Roll (1d10+4=9)
Danahg tells you 'yeah, luckily i kept most of it in my mouth and nasal membranes, ugh'



Dlur group-says 'I have a dead horse that I'm dragging down the shaft with my 4 corpses. Anyone want to help me beat it?'



Calladuran: There are other games to play if you want to play with yourself.
moritheil
Sojourner
Posts: 4845
Joined: Wed Jan 31, 2001 6:01 am

Postby moritheil » Wed Feb 07, 2007 2:09 am

The crunch of bone and the tearing of flesh can be heard as Thalidyrr and Tasan finish off two wolves. The final wolf continues to hound Koray.

Initiative: Thalidyrr, Tasan, Khaiden, Birile, wolves, Koray
Yotus group-says 'special quest if you type hi dragon'
Shevarash OOC: 'I feature only the finest mammary glands.'
Silena group-says 'he was so fat and juicy..couldnt resist'
Yasden
Sojourner
Posts: 1597
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2001 6:01 am
Location: Lake Stevens, WA, USA

Postby Yasden » Wed Feb 07, 2007 5:01 am

Khaiden seems even more enrapt, staring into the air, his eyes visibly clouding over.

With outstretched hands pointing towards the final wolf, his hands turn an icy blue as he chants in an eerie monotonous voice, sending a ray of frost streaking at the feral creature.

Ranged Touch Attack (BAB +3), Ray of Frost (1d20+3=16, 1d3=2)
Support Your Addiction! Vote for TorilMUD Today!



Top Mud Sites: http://www.topmudsites.com/cgi-bin/topmuds/rankem.cgi?id=shev



Why Nerox is jealous of me:



Nerox tells you 'man this thing is kicking my ass and i have blisters!'

Nerox tells you 'ok attempting it again put tape on my fingers for easier sliding'
moritheil
Sojourner
Posts: 4845
Joined: Wed Jan 31, 2001 6:01 am

Postby moritheil » Fri Feb 09, 2007 5:55 pm

A patch of ice forms on the wolf, who shudders as Khaiden's ray connects.

OOC Was going to wait for Birile's post and then answer them both, but I realized that he might be waiting for me to post!
Birile
Sojourner
Posts: 1413
Joined: Wed Dec 11, 2002 6:01 am
Location: Albany, NY

Postby Birile » Mon Feb 12, 2007 9:49 pm

Birile quickly stands up and attempts to defend himself as best as possible.

OOC Total Defense. 5 ranks in Tumble grant +6 dodge bonus to AC for Total Defense rather than the normal +4.
moritheil
Sojourner
Posts: 4845
Joined: Wed Jan 31, 2001 6:01 am

Postby moritheil » Tue Feb 13, 2007 12:09 am

With its packmates slain, the final wolf turns tail and lopes into the wilderness.
Birile
Sojourner
Posts: 1413
Joined: Wed Dec 11, 2002 6:01 am
Location: Albany, NY

Postby Birile » Tue Feb 13, 2007 2:36 pm

Watching the wolf run off, and still attempting to catch his breath from being thrown off his feet in battle, Birile comments, "This 'simple' job has certainly got its ups and downs..."
Tasan
Sojourner
Posts: 1710
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2001 6:01 am
Location: Fridley, Mn USA
Contact:

Postby Tasan » Tue Feb 13, 2007 3:14 pm

Tasan turns his attention back to the bound man. He leans over and helps Seret to his feet.

"We either need to camp here or double-time it to the town. The priest looks like the nine Hells have been at him."
Danahg tells you 'yeah, luckily i kept most of it in my mouth and nasal membranes, ugh'



Dlur group-says 'I have a dead horse that I'm dragging down the shaft with my 4 corpses. Anyone want to help me beat it?'



Calladuran: There are other games to play if you want to play with yourself.
Gormal
Sojourner
Posts: 3914
Joined: Tue Feb 13, 2001 6:01 am
Location: A Whale's Vagina
Contact:

Postby Gormal » Tue Feb 13, 2007 6:12 pm

Koray turns his bloodied face to smile at Tasan. "As ye say, lad. If we camp here I dun think I'll take the first watch though."
moritheil
Sojourner
Posts: 4845
Joined: Wed Jan 31, 2001 6:01 am

Postby moritheil » Wed Feb 14, 2007 2:57 pm

Grabbing a waterskin, Dwylt rinses out his mouth and spits into the bushes. "'You'll get soft,' they said! 'Life is too easy in the south,' they said! Bah!"
Tasan
Sojourner
Posts: 1710
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2001 6:01 am
Location: Fridley, Mn USA
Contact:

Postby Tasan » Wed Feb 14, 2007 3:27 pm

Tasan takes note of Koray's words and speaks to the group.

"I'll take first watch with Seret." He turns to the bound man and begins loosening the rope from his wrists. As he frees the last of the knots, he murmurs to the man, "Perhaps we can talk more civilly about the misunderstanding. I haven't met anyone I couldn't learn something from and I don't think you're in good enough shape to argue, let alone put up a fight."

He turns back to the group to speak again.

"Get some rest while you can. We shouldn't tarry here too long with our employer expecting the goods delivered in a prompt manner."

He turns once more and motions for Seret to follow him a few more feet from the group.
Danahg tells you 'yeah, luckily i kept most of it in my mouth and nasal membranes, ugh'



Dlur group-says 'I have a dead horse that I'm dragging down the shaft with my 4 corpses. Anyone want to help me beat it?'



Calladuran: There are other games to play if you want to play with yourself.
moritheil
Sojourner
Posts: 4845
Joined: Wed Jan 31, 2001 6:01 am

Postby moritheil » Wed Feb 14, 2007 4:01 pm

Seret pauses a moment to rub his wrists and glance about the camp before moving to follow Tasan.
Arilin Nydelahar
Sojourner
Posts: 1498
Joined: Sat Jul 27, 2002 5:01 am
Location: Virginia Beach
Contact:

Postby Arilin Nydelahar » Wed Feb 14, 2007 9:09 pm

Thalidyrr eye's the pair walking off for watch with obvious distrust towards Seret and proceeds to follow them about halfway, and settles back against a tree and quietly sits down, closes his eyes and begins to lightly murmur as he relaxes on into the night, keeping his body tense as he attempts to listen to what Seret may have to say.

Listen Check (1d20+5=23)
Yasden
Sojourner
Posts: 1597
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2001 6:01 am
Location: Lake Stevens, WA, USA

Postby Yasden » Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:37 pm

Khaiden says nothing, still obviously deep in thought. Not waiting for a fire to be lit, he retrieves a lantern and settles into a comfortable cross-legged position on the ground.

His eyes begin to glass over again as he pulls out a book and begins studying intently, his gaze occasionally drifting towards the location of the ball.
Support Your Addiction! Vote for TorilMUD Today!



Top Mud Sites: http://www.topmudsites.com/cgi-bin/topmuds/rankem.cgi?id=shev



Why Nerox is jealous of me:



Nerox tells you 'man this thing is kicking my ass and i have blisters!'

Nerox tells you 'ok attempting it again put tape on my fingers for easier sliding'
Tasan
Sojourner
Posts: 1710
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2001 6:01 am
Location: Fridley, Mn USA
Contact:

Postby Tasan » Sun Feb 18, 2007 4:23 pm

Tasan finds a suitable looking rock of decent size to perch upon and sits down to face the grey-haired man.

"Now then, relate how you came to be in ready position to ambush us and how the dwarf somehow gave our group away as your intended prey. There needn't be anymore deception today." With this last comment, he opens his pack and produces a waterskin, which he then hands to Seret.
Danahg tells you 'yeah, luckily i kept most of it in my mouth and nasal membranes, ugh'



Dlur group-says 'I have a dead horse that I'm dragging down the shaft with my 4 corpses. Anyone want to help me beat it?'



Calladuran: There are other games to play if you want to play with yourself.
moritheil
Sojourner
Posts: 4845
Joined: Wed Jan 31, 2001 6:01 am

Postby moritheil » Mon Feb 19, 2007 12:37 am

Seret takes the waterskin, remaining standing to drink from it. After several slow swallows, he hands it back.

"It's difficult to know whom to trust," he says after a while. "Or what to trust. At any rate, here's my story. I was hired by a gnome and told to ambush some people. I was told to find muscle for it. The job was to target some Zhentarim spies who would be headed out of Waterdeep with a package. Intercept the package, don't mess with it, and give it to the gnome. Kill the spies if they resist. And now you say you aren't Zhentarim, and aren't even spies.

"I'm not a fool. Or, well, not exactly." He rubs his side and winces. "Jobs come with risk, and many employers do not provide enough information on things you need to know to do the job, let alone things that you don't need to know. I don't ask questions, especially when there are many secrets out there that I wouldn't be safe knowing."
Tasan
Sojourner
Posts: 1710
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2001 6:01 am
Location: Fridley, Mn USA
Contact:

Postby Tasan » Mon Feb 19, 2007 3:19 am

Tasan considers this a moment and continues.

"You said he represented the Lords and yet I've never heard of anyone this far north giving much notice to any Gnome. Also the bit about Zhentarim... Zhentarim move by night and never in packs as large as this. They know well enough what a group of Zhentarim seen outside the gates of the city might do to arouse suspicion and the eye of the Lords.

"The man who hired you didn't explain the package at all either? What does the dwarf have to do with the Zhentarim?"
Danahg tells you 'yeah, luckily i kept most of it in my mouth and nasal membranes, ugh'



Dlur group-says 'I have a dead horse that I'm dragging down the shaft with my 4 corpses. Anyone want to help me beat it?'



Calladuran: There are other games to play if you want to play with yourself.
moritheil
Sojourner
Posts: 4845
Joined: Wed Jan 31, 2001 6:01 am

Postby moritheil » Mon Feb 19, 2007 2:48 pm

Seret looks confused. "But the job before this was one for the Lords, I'm sure of it. About Zhentarim, you have me to rights; it's true that I have no experience in fighting them.

"The package was never explained, but that isn't unusual. The dwarf was just one of my hires. What are you trying to say about him?"
Tasan
Sojourner
Posts: 1710
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2001 6:01 am
Location: Fridley, Mn USA
Contact:

Postby Tasan » Mon Feb 19, 2007 5:44 pm

Tasan shakes his head and waggles a finger.

"Nay, I speak of the Priest of Moradin that traveled with us. We overheard you say something to your own dwarf about that identifying character among your supposed quarry."
Danahg tells you 'yeah, luckily i kept most of it in my mouth and nasal membranes, ugh'



Dlur group-says 'I have a dead horse that I'm dragging down the shaft with my 4 corpses. Anyone want to help me beat it?'



Calladuran: There are other games to play if you want to play with yourself.
moritheil
Sojourner
Posts: 4845
Joined: Wed Jan 31, 2001 6:01 am

Postby moritheil » Tue Feb 20, 2007 12:01 am

Seret scratches his face. "We were told there was a dwarf posing as a priest of Moradin among the enemy. His true identity was not given us."
Tasan
Sojourner
Posts: 1710
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2001 6:01 am
Location: Fridley, Mn USA
Contact:

Postby Tasan » Tue Feb 20, 2007 3:36 am

Tasan ponders this for a moment, looking over Seret's shoulder at the group.

"Well we definately are not Zhentarim spies and while I have difficulty understanding how we were mistaken for such, I do see that there is some convoluted truth in your innocence."

He looks up a moment before continuing, "We know little about our own employer and what information he told us has bothered me from the beginning. Some part of this fiction smells like a dwarf's breath after midnight. The man who hired you... did he give you a name? Where did you meet? If we can glean some connection between the two, you stand to profit a great deal I should think."
Danahg tells you 'yeah, luckily i kept most of it in my mouth and nasal membranes, ugh'



Dlur group-says 'I have a dead horse that I'm dragging down the shaft with my 4 corpses. Anyone want to help me beat it?'



Calladuran: There are other games to play if you want to play with yourself.
moritheil
Sojourner
Posts: 4845
Joined: Wed Jan 31, 2001 6:01 am

Postby moritheil » Tue Feb 20, 2007 11:39 pm

"Well, you say 'man' but it was always a gnome. I'm interested in hearing more about your dwarven priest, myself. He's trustworthy? You've known him for a while?"
Tasan
Sojourner
Posts: 1710
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2001 6:01 am
Location: Fridley, Mn USA
Contact:

Postby Tasan » Wed Feb 21, 2007 3:31 am

Tasan considers this a minute and then replies, "I'm just hired muscle, much as you were. Don't know much about any of them, nor do I really care to. If you want answers from the dwarf, you'll have to talk to him.

"As for now, I suggest you go get some rest with the others. You'll raise suspicion traveling with wounds like that."

Tasan lifts the skin to his own lips and takes a long draught before replacing the cap and putting the skin into his backpack.
Danahg tells you 'yeah, luckily i kept most of it in my mouth and nasal membranes, ugh'



Dlur group-says 'I have a dead horse that I'm dragging down the shaft with my 4 corpses. Anyone want to help me beat it?'



Calladuran: There are other games to play if you want to play with yourself.
Birile
Sojourner
Posts: 1413
Joined: Wed Dec 11, 2002 6:01 am
Location: Albany, NY

Postby Birile » Mon Feb 26, 2007 5:48 pm

Birile goes about the business of setting up his tent and making ready his bedroll and blanket. Once complete, he finishes off some rations and snuggles in for the night, content to let the bigger folk keep watch.
moritheil
Sojourner
Posts: 4845
Joined: Wed Jan 31, 2001 6:01 am

Postby moritheil » Tue Feb 27, 2007 3:49 pm

As Tasan begins to drink, Seret darts off into the wilderness.
Arilin Nydelahar
Sojourner
Posts: 1498
Joined: Sat Jul 27, 2002 5:01 am
Location: Virginia Beach
Contact:

Postby Arilin Nydelahar » Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:53 pm

Thalidyrr curses to himself, and launches to his feet and begins to chase after Seret at full speed.


OOC: So, any checks I need to actually catch him?
Shevarash OOC: 'what can I say, I'm attracted to crazy chicks and really short dudes'
moritheil
Sojourner
Posts: 4845
Joined: Wed Jan 31, 2001 6:01 am

Postby moritheil » Wed Feb 28, 2007 4:29 pm

Dashing through the area where the conversation took place, the elven monk follows Seret into forest. In the murky evening gloom, it is hard to make out things at a distance, and the injured man moves with surprisingly little noise.

OOC I'd like a Spot check, and depending on the results of that, you may need a Survival (tracking) check.

Also, if anyone else is joining the chase, please post something.
Arilin Nydelahar
Sojourner
Posts: 1498
Joined: Sat Jul 27, 2002 5:01 am
Location: Virginia Beach
Contact:

Postby Arilin Nydelahar » Wed Feb 28, 2007 5:33 pm

Yasden
Sojourner
Posts: 1597
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2001 6:01 am
Location: Lake Stevens, WA, USA

Postby Yasden » Wed Feb 28, 2007 7:26 pm

Khaiden, despite having been in meditation, sees Seret dart off into the woods and raises a finger while still squatting, pointing it at the man and chanting a magic missile spell.

1d4+1=5

OOC: *IF* you determine it hits, Mori.
Support Your Addiction! Vote for TorilMUD Today!



Top Mud Sites: http://www.topmudsites.com/cgi-bin/topmuds/rankem.cgi?id=shev



Why Nerox is jealous of me:



Nerox tells you 'man this thing is kicking my ass and i have blisters!'

Nerox tells you 'ok attempting it again put tape on my fingers for easier sliding'
moritheil
Sojourner
Posts: 4845
Joined: Wed Jan 31, 2001 6:01 am

Postby moritheil » Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:21 pm

Thalidyrr's keen senses pick up Seret, and the monk gives chase.

OOC: Hitting is not a problem - magic missile doesn't miss as long as you can see the target. I do need a spot check to ensure that you can see him, though.
Yasden
Sojourner
Posts: 1597
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2001 6:01 am
Location: Lake Stevens, WA, USA

Postby Yasden » Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:19 am

Spot check (1d20+2=20)

OOC: This is what I was talking about. I wasn't sure if you were going to allow the spot check even, considering the situation.
Support Your Addiction! Vote for TorilMUD Today!



Top Mud Sites: http://www.topmudsites.com/cgi-bin/topmuds/rankem.cgi?id=shev



Why Nerox is jealous of me:



Nerox tells you 'man this thing is kicking my ass and i have blisters!'

Nerox tells you 'ok attempting it again put tape on my fingers for easier sliding'
moritheil
Sojourner
Posts: 4845
Joined: Wed Jan 31, 2001 6:01 am

Postby moritheil » Sat Mar 03, 2007 3:42 am

Khaiden sees the elven monk dart off into the forest, but can't quite make out what he's chasing. Perhaps if he were closer he could get a better look.

OOC: Spot check difficulty scales up with distance, and you're at least 50' behind Thalidyrr.

Return to “Toril 2.0 Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest