Errants of Waterdeep [RP Thread]

Discussion concerning the upcoming Toril 2.0 update as well as general 3.5 edition D&D discussion
Tasan
Sojourner
Posts: 1710
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2001 6:01 am
Location: Fridley, Mn USA
Contact:

Postby Tasan » Sat Jun 09, 2007 2:26 pm

Remembering the task at hand, the warrior looks to the farmer and speaks.

' Haven't got the time for a good browsing at the er... local wares. You ever heard of Esroh? Perhaps know whereabouts one could find him?'
Danahg tells you 'yeah, luckily i kept most of it in my mouth and nasal membranes, ugh'

Dlur group-says 'I have a dead horse that I'm dragging down the shaft with my 4 corpses. Anyone want to help me beat it?'

Calladuran: There are other games to play if you want to play with yourself.
Arilin Nydelahar
Sojourner
Posts: 1498
Joined: Sat Jul 27, 2002 5:01 am
Location: Virginia Beach
Contact:

Postby Arilin Nydelahar » Sun Jun 10, 2007 7:55 pm

Thalidyrr nods to the halfling and begins making his way to Khaiden, tapping him on the shoulder "We should leave, and see what we can find. Obviously this village hasn't been much help, but atleast we have a starting point. We should go find Tasan."

Thalidyrr begins walking to where the shriek was heard from.
moritheil
Sojourner
Posts: 4845
Joined: Wed Jan 31, 2001 6:01 am

Postby moritheil » Mon Jun 11, 2007 5:35 pm

At the mention of the hermit, the farmer launches into a long, rambling explanation of how he is convinced that Esroh is a holy man, and that Esroh cured his gout, so now he tends his fields with conviction.

Meanwhile, the others draw near the place where the screams were heard.
Tasan
Sojourner
Posts: 1710
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2001 6:01 am
Location: Fridley, Mn USA
Contact:

Postby Tasan » Thu Jun 14, 2007 2:51 pm

Tasan listens half-heartedly to the farmer's comments and notices the rest of the party making their way to him. He smiles broadly at the farmer and in a very sincere voice asks the farmer to relate where the hermit might live because he seeks a cure for his ailing mother.

Diplomacy (1d20-1=8)
Danahg tells you 'yeah, luckily i kept most of it in my mouth and nasal membranes, ugh'



Dlur group-says 'I have a dead horse that I'm dragging down the shaft with my 4 corpses. Anyone want to help me beat it?'



Calladuran: There are other games to play if you want to play with yourself.
Birile
Sojourner
Posts: 1413
Joined: Wed Dec 11, 2002 6:01 am
Location: Albany, NY

Postby Birile » Mon Jun 18, 2007 6:21 pm

Once the group nears, Birile overhears Tasan's attempt at diplomacy, winces, and waits for the farmer's response.
moritheil
Sojourner
Posts: 4845
Joined: Wed Jan 31, 2001 6:01 am

Postby moritheil » Tue Jun 19, 2007 4:43 pm

The farmer smiles good-naturedly and explained that he was healed on one of Esroh's visits to town, but perhaps others would know. He recommends that the swordsman try a visit to the village magician, who is rumored to have dealings with the hermit.
Birile
Sojourner
Posts: 1413
Joined: Wed Dec 11, 2002 6:01 am
Location: Albany, NY

Postby Birile » Wed Jun 20, 2007 1:03 pm

Birile smiles at the farmer and replies, "Why, I've just spoken to the magician myself and you're right--he was most helpful!"

Birile reaches up and taps Tasan on the arm and says, "He lives off to the east of here. It's getting late, let's go!"
Yasden
Sojourner
Posts: 1597
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2001 6:01 am
Location: Lake Stevens, WA, USA

Postby Yasden » Sun Jul 01, 2007 2:54 am

Khaiden nods in agreement.

'Let's. I'd like to be somewhere besides here when we make camp tonight.'
Support Your Addiction! Vote for TorilMUD Today!

Top Mud Sites: http://www.topmudsites.com/cgi-bin/topmuds/rankem.cgi?id=shev

Why Nerox is jealous of me:

Nerox tells you 'man this thing is kicking my ass and i have blisters!'
Nerox tells you 'ok attempting it again put tape on my fingers for easier sliding'
Arilin Nydelahar
Sojourner
Posts: 1498
Joined: Sat Jul 27, 2002 5:01 am
Location: Virginia Beach
Contact:

Postby Arilin Nydelahar » Sun Jul 01, 2007 3:31 am

Thalidyrr nods, "Indeed. We should be off." Thalidyrr begins to walk out towards the beginning of the village glancing back to make sure the rest of the party is following as they all begin to walk out.
moritheil
Sojourner
Posts: 4845
Joined: Wed Jan 31, 2001 6:01 am

Postby moritheil » Fri Jul 06, 2007 5:40 pm

In short order, information is exchanged and provisions are obtained, and the intrepid errants find themselves at a crossroads outside of Minthka. The road is less hilly here, and to the east a dusty dirt trail leads on to the Black Griffin Road.

OOC: If there's anything you want to buy or sell in town, just note it on your sheet. I'll assume that you were able to find it if you can afford it, unless it's really bizarre.
Birile
Sojourner
Posts: 1413
Joined: Wed Dec 11, 2002 6:01 am
Location: Albany, NY

Postby Birile » Sat Jul 07, 2007 5:21 pm

Birile stops and looks to the east briefly.

"Well, the magician in town said the hermit lives to the east. I don't imagine it can be all that far, now..."

Birile nods to himself, takes a deep breath and lets it out and begins walking down the trail to the east.
Arilin Nydelahar
Sojourner
Posts: 1498
Joined: Sat Jul 27, 2002 5:01 am
Location: Virginia Beach
Contact:

Postby Arilin Nydelahar » Wed Jul 11, 2007 4:03 pm

"Agreed" Thalidyrr glances around. "What did that magician say again? We should be getting close by now."
Birile
Sojourner
Posts: 1413
Joined: Wed Dec 11, 2002 6:01 am
Location: Albany, NY

Postby Birile » Thu Jul 12, 2007 1:09 pm

As Birile continues walking he replies, "He said Esroh's a bit of an herbalist--likes mixing concoctions. He also likes to craft items. The magician said the last time the hermit went to Minthka he needed dog's tails for something or other."
moritheil
Sojourner
Posts: 4845
Joined: Wed Jan 31, 2001 6:01 am

Postby moritheil » Thu Jul 12, 2007 4:19 pm

As the party begins their walk down Black Griffin Road, they notice that they are not alone. Heavy signs of wear indicate that the road is in continual use. While some signs are obvious, such as horses hooves, boot prints, and wagon tracks, others are less easily identified. The road itself is not properly paved, but is better described as an area cleared of undergrowth and worn with use.

A dark forest lies to the north, while the area east is hilly. A side path descends to the south, but no tracks can be seen following it.
Birile
Sojourner
Posts: 1413
Joined: Wed Dec 11, 2002 6:01 am
Location: Albany, NY

Postby Birile » Thu Jul 26, 2007 1:46 pm

Birile stops and ponders.

"I'm going to try this path to the south, see what I can find. I doubt a hermit would make his abode well-known to outsiders..."

Birile heads to the south.

OOC
Hide (1d20+12=17)
Move Silently (1d20+10=28)
moritheil
Sojourner
Posts: 4845
Joined: Wed Jan 31, 2001 6:01 am

Postby moritheil » Fri Jul 27, 2007 12:50 am

Slipping into the shadows along the trail, the halfling quietly makes his way south. After a couple hundred feet, the distinct smell of smoke begins to fill his nostrils.

Creeping carefully closer to the source, he begins to hear sounds of activity further south.

OOC: Make Spot and Listen checks, please. :D
Birile
Sojourner
Posts: 1413
Joined: Wed Dec 11, 2002 6:01 am
Location: Albany, NY

Postby Birile » Fri Jul 27, 2007 8:21 pm

Arilin Nydelahar
Sojourner
Posts: 1498
Joined: Sat Jul 27, 2002 5:01 am
Location: Virginia Beach
Contact:

Postby Arilin Nydelahar » Fri Jul 27, 2007 11:18 pm

Thalidyrr tries to watch the halfling as he goes off, waiting with the assembled group to see what he uncovers. "Since we know he's a hermit, something tells me he's not living off the main road. We'll see what the halfling finds."
moritheil
Sojourner
Posts: 4845
Joined: Wed Jan 31, 2001 6:01 am

Postby moritheil » Sat Jul 28, 2007 1:37 am

Birile hears harsh, guttural sounds and the scraping of metal on stone. It would seem that some sort of communication is taking place within earshot, but the bard does not understand the language used. He isn't able to spot the sources of the smoke or sounds.

After a moment there is a rustle of movement, and the guttural voice grows harsh before the movement stops.
Birile
Sojourner
Posts: 1413
Joined: Wed Dec 11, 2002 6:01 am
Location: Albany, NY

Postby Birile » Sun Jul 29, 2007 1:14 am

Deciding the hermit wasn't so far removed from civilization to make such noises (and not feeling quite safe), Birile decides to make his way back to the group.

OOC
Hide (1d20+12=32)
Move Silently (1d20+10=29)
Adriorn Darkcloak
Sojourner
Posts: 1294
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2003 7:11 pm
Location: Miami, FL

A visitor!

Postby Adriorn Darkcloak » Sun Jul 29, 2007 3:54 am

A dark-cloaked figure seems to emerge from the shadows of the nearby trees. The figure winks at the group and continues walking westwards.

"Beware, for there are Zhentarim nearby", says the figure as he vanishes over the road's crest.

Adriorn Darkcloak leaves west.
"There is one big rule in life - the things you worry about never happen, and the things that happen are never the ones you expect." - John Bellairs
Yasden
Sojourner
Posts: 1597
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2001 6:01 am
Location: Lake Stevens, WA, USA

Postby Yasden » Tue Jul 31, 2007 1:08 am

Khaiden takes a seat on a rock, looking around impatiently.

"What in the Nine Hells is taking him so long? I know he is vertically challenged and his legs don't carry him far...but..."

The half-elf sighs, shrugs, and picks up a small stone and hurls it against the nearest tree, watching it ricochet into the brush.

He glances up and over at Tasan and Thalidyrr.

"I'm of the mind that we go find out what's keeping our mischievous minstrel if he doesn't arrive in the next few minutes."

He hurls another rock, this time at the nearest crow.
Support Your Addiction! Vote for TorilMUD Today!



Top Mud Sites: http://www.topmudsites.com/cgi-bin/topmuds/rankem.cgi?id=shev



Why Nerox is jealous of me:



Nerox tells you 'man this thing is kicking my ass and i have blisters!'

Nerox tells you 'ok attempting it again put tape on my fingers for easier sliding'
Arilin Nydelahar
Sojourner
Posts: 1498
Joined: Sat Jul 27, 2002 5:01 am
Location: Virginia Beach
Contact:

Postby Arilin Nydelahar » Tue Jul 31, 2007 3:08 pm

Thalidyrr nods, "I agree. We'll give him as you say another few moments, then follow the path and see where it leads." Silently adding, "Let us hope he isn't in trouble."
moritheil
Sojourner
Posts: 4845
Joined: Wed Jan 31, 2001 6:01 am

Postby moritheil » Wed Aug 01, 2007 4:26 pm

The unfortunate bird is struck by the rock, and takes off with a violent cawing.

Birile emerges from the path, barely ducking out of the way as a furious crow flies through he space where his head just was. He seems to have returned without incident.

Still cawing loudly, the bird flies south into the hills.
Birile
Sojourner
Posts: 1413
Joined: Wed Dec 11, 2002 6:01 am
Location: Albany, NY

Postby Birile » Wed Aug 01, 2007 8:34 pm

Birile flinches and gives a nervous laugh.

"Uh... well, to report on what's to the south... I'm not quite sure, frankly. I ran into someone and I'm rather certain I was lucky not to be spotted. I heard something very much like someone talking, but it was rather... unrefined speech and I couldn't get the gist of what was being said. I didn't get so much as a look at what was going on. I'm all for finding out what's going on over yonder, but... well, I'd like a tall fellow like Thalidyrr or Tasan to stand behind when I find out!"
Yasden
Sojourner
Posts: 1597
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2001 6:01 am
Location: Lake Stevens, WA, USA

Postby Yasden » Thu Aug 02, 2007 2:01 am

Khaiden arches an eyebrow while watching the crow fly off.

"I'm all for anything that gets us moving. If that means obliterating something in our way of moving forward, so be it."

A small, sly grin crosses his face, still watching the scavenger's flight.
Support Your Addiction! Vote for TorilMUD Today!



Top Mud Sites: http://www.topmudsites.com/cgi-bin/topmuds/rankem.cgi?id=shev



Why Nerox is jealous of me:



Nerox tells you 'man this thing is kicking my ass and i have blisters!'

Nerox tells you 'ok attempting it again put tape on my fingers for easier sliding'
Tasan
Sojourner
Posts: 1710
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2001 6:01 am
Location: Fridley, Mn USA
Contact:

Postby Tasan » Thu Aug 02, 2007 11:10 pm

Distant and eyes glazed, Tasan muses upon the question a bit before answering.

"Much as the wind blows, I will follow whatever path presents itself. I care not what we do, as long as we do it with some urgency."
Danahg tells you 'yeah, luckily i kept most of it in my mouth and nasal membranes, ugh'



Dlur group-says 'I have a dead horse that I'm dragging down the shaft with my 4 corpses. Anyone want to help me beat it?'



Calladuran: There are other games to play if you want to play with yourself.
Birile
Sojourner
Posts: 1413
Joined: Wed Dec 11, 2002 6:01 am
Location: Albany, NY

Postby Birile » Fri Aug 03, 2007 1:03 pm

"Okay, well... let's go, then! But like I said--I want you in the front of the line when we find out what thing lies to the south!" Birile replies to Tasan, poking him to get him to move. "Go on, then!"
moritheil
Sojourner
Posts: 4845
Joined: Wed Jan 31, 2001 6:01 am

Postby moritheil » Sun Aug 05, 2007 12:00 am

Carefully, the group retraces Birile's footsteps. The scent of smoke is still there, having grown stronger, and the conversation continues. None of you can understand the language used.

OOC: I need skill rolls for hide, move silently, spot, and listen. There may be additional information based on those :D
Yasden
Sojourner
Posts: 1597
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2001 6:01 am
Location: Lake Stevens, WA, USA

Postby Yasden » Sun Aug 05, 2007 3:15 am

Hide, Move Silently, Spot, Listen (1d20+2=14, 1d20+2=19, 1d20+2=18, 1d20+2=17)

Khaiden follows behind quietly, smelling the smoke, trying to determine what it is that is burning. And possibly, just what is cooking...

OOC: Of course I didn't take any proficiencies in the Language portion of Knowledge...blah. :P
Support Your Addiction! Vote for TorilMUD Today!



Top Mud Sites: http://www.topmudsites.com/cgi-bin/topmuds/rankem.cgi?id=shev



Why Nerox is jealous of me:



Nerox tells you 'man this thing is kicking my ass and i have blisters!'

Nerox tells you 'ok attempting it again put tape on my fingers for easier sliding'
Arilin Nydelahar
Sojourner
Posts: 1498
Joined: Sat Jul 27, 2002 5:01 am
Location: Virginia Beach
Contact:

Postby Arilin Nydelahar » Sun Aug 05, 2007 3:57 pm

OOC: I need skill rolls for hide, move silently, spot, and listen. There may be additional information based on those :D

Hide (1d20+8=16)
Move Silently (1d20+11=26)
Spot (1d20+9=20)
Listen (1d20+5=6)

Thalidyrr follows the rest of the group attempting to make as little noise as possible.

OOC. Best rolls, you know, till that natural 1.
Shevarash OOC: 'what can I say, I'm attracted to crazy chicks and really short dudes'
moritheil
Sojourner
Posts: 4845
Joined: Wed Jan 31, 2001 6:01 am

Postby moritheil » Sun Aug 05, 2007 8:57 pm

Khaiden and Thalidyrr manage to make out movement behind a particularly thick area of vegetation. It seems likely that that is the source of the noise and smoke.

Whatever is in there, it seems larger than a normal human. Nor is it alone - occasional words of a harsh, guttural language reach your ears. Khaiden's half-elven ears pick up a higher-pitched, muffled sound.
Tasan
Sojourner
Posts: 1710
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2001 6:01 am
Location: Fridley, Mn USA
Contact:

Postby Tasan » Sun Aug 05, 2007 10:22 pm

Danahg tells you 'yeah, luckily i kept most of it in my mouth and nasal membranes, ugh'



Dlur group-says 'I have a dead horse that I'm dragging down the shaft with my 4 corpses. Anyone want to help me beat it?'



Calladuran: There are other games to play if you want to play with yourself.
Birile
Sojourner
Posts: 1413
Joined: Wed Dec 11, 2002 6:01 am
Location: Albany, NY

Postby Birile » Mon Aug 06, 2007 1:46 pm

moritheil
Sojourner
Posts: 4845
Joined: Wed Jan 31, 2001 6:01 am

Postby moritheil » Tue Aug 07, 2007 3:04 am

Just as the party is attempting to figure out what sort of figure is moving about behind cover, Tasan carelessly dislodges a loose pebble. It clatters amongst some other stones, resulting in a surprisingly loud noise. Shouts and exclamations instantly burst from the other side of the vegetation.

OOC: Roll initiatives! This is a good place to showcase surprise rounds. You each may take one standard action during the surprise round, reflecting the fact that you are more ready to act than whomever you are spying upon.
Tasan
Sojourner
Posts: 1710
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2001 6:01 am
Location: Fridley, Mn USA
Contact:

Postby Tasan » Tue Aug 07, 2007 7:45 am

Danahg tells you 'yeah, luckily i kept most of it in my mouth and nasal membranes, ugh'



Dlur group-says 'I have a dead horse that I'm dragging down the shaft with my 4 corpses. Anyone want to help me beat it?'



Calladuran: There are other games to play if you want to play with yourself.
Birile
Sojourner
Posts: 1413
Joined: Wed Dec 11, 2002 6:01 am
Location: Albany, NY

Postby Birile » Tue Aug 07, 2007 2:33 pm

Arilin Nydelahar
Sojourner
Posts: 1498
Joined: Sat Jul 27, 2002 5:01 am
Location: Virginia Beach
Contact:

Postby Arilin Nydelahar » Wed Aug 08, 2007 1:02 am

Yasden
Sojourner
Posts: 1597
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2001 6:01 am
Location: Lake Stevens, WA, USA

Postby Yasden » Wed Aug 08, 2007 5:42 pm

Support Your Addiction! Vote for TorilMUD Today!



Top Mud Sites: http://www.topmudsites.com/cgi-bin/topmuds/rankem.cgi?id=shev



Why Nerox is jealous of me:



Nerox tells you 'man this thing is kicking my ass and i have blisters!'

Nerox tells you 'ok attempting it again put tape on my fingers for easier sliding'
moritheil
Sojourner
Posts: 4845
Joined: Wed Jan 31, 2001 6:01 am

Postby moritheil » Wed Aug 08, 2007 8:09 pm

Approximately 120 feet from where the intrepid adventurers lie in wait, movement betrays a second creature behind the same screen of vegetation - doubtless the other party in the conversation, just as far away as the first. The land slopes gently away from the party and downward towards the speakers. There is no shortage of plant growth in this hilly land.

OOC: Initiatives - Thalidyrr, Birile, Khaiden, Tasan

The surprise round consists of just one standard action each (which can be used to take a move action if you prefer.) Thus, examples of valid actions include: shoot a bow, cast a spell, switch weapons, move behind a bush for concealment. See the link for details.
Arilin Nydelahar
Sojourner
Posts: 1498
Joined: Sat Jul 27, 2002 5:01 am
Location: Virginia Beach
Contact:

Postby Arilin Nydelahar » Sat Aug 11, 2007 6:21 pm

Thalidyrr sees the motion ahead and as things begin to unfold he breaks out into a flat out run, attempting to reach the unknowns ahead of him.

OOC: That'll be my round. Just moving as close as possible, so next one I can actually get an attack in.
Shevarash OOC: 'what can I say, I'm attracted to crazy chicks and really short dudes'
Birile
Sojourner
Posts: 1413
Joined: Wed Dec 11, 2002 6:01 am
Location: Albany, NY

Postby Birile » Sun Aug 12, 2007 12:52 am

This should be fun, thinks Birile as he sees Thalidyrr run toward the creatures. He does his best to follow the monk, hoping his short legs can keep up as best as possible.
Yasden
Sojourner
Posts: 1597
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2001 6:01 am
Location: Lake Stevens, WA, USA

Postby Yasden » Sun Aug 12, 2007 6:22 pm

Khaiden reaches into his component pouch, produces a piece of cured leather and begins chanting a spell of protection, eyes immediately glassing over as he stares at the two running ahead of him.

OOC: Casted mage armor on self!
Support Your Addiction! Vote for TorilMUD Today!



Top Mud Sites: http://www.topmudsites.com/cgi-bin/topmuds/rankem.cgi?id=shev



Why Nerox is jealous of me:



Nerox tells you 'man this thing is kicking my ass and i have blisters!'

Nerox tells you 'ok attempting it again put tape on my fingers for easier sliding'
Tasan
Sojourner
Posts: 1710
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2001 6:01 am
Location: Fridley, Mn USA
Contact:

Postby Tasan » Mon Aug 13, 2007 12:46 am

Tasan slowly draws the blade at his back and glances over at the mage.

"I got ten platinum that the halfling wins."
Danahg tells you 'yeah, luckily i kept most of it in my mouth and nasal membranes, ugh'



Dlur group-says 'I have a dead horse that I'm dragging down the shaft with my 4 corpses. Anyone want to help me beat it?'



Calladuran: There are other games to play if you want to play with yourself.
Yasden
Sojourner
Posts: 1597
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2001 6:01 am
Location: Lake Stevens, WA, USA

Postby Yasden » Mon Aug 13, 2007 12:56 am

Khaiden turns and grins.

'I'd see your bet, but unfortunately I'd be broke if I lost. Most likely I would.'

'However....' he says as he nods towards the two racing into the fray.

'What the hell. 10 gold says the halfling falls short,' the mage says with a heavy emphasis on the last word.
Support Your Addiction! Vote for TorilMUD Today!



Top Mud Sites: http://www.topmudsites.com/cgi-bin/topmuds/rankem.cgi?id=shev



Why Nerox is jealous of me:



Nerox tells you 'man this thing is kicking my ass and i have blisters!'

Nerox tells you 'ok attempting it again put tape on my fingers for easier sliding'
moritheil
Sojourner
Posts: 4845
Joined: Wed Jan 31, 2001 6:01 am

Postby moritheil » Sun Aug 19, 2007 4:10 pm

Two ruddy brown, hyena-headed humanoids break through the foilage, pausing only briefly when they see the group, and pushing forward to meet the two charging at them. They are clad in crude leather wrappings, bearing shields and axes in their hands.

OOC: Initiatives - Thalidyrr, gnolls, Birile, Khaiden, Tasan.

The enemies are now 30' away from Thalidyrr, 40' away from Birile, and 60' away from Tasan and Khaiden.
Yasden
Sojourner
Posts: 1597
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2001 6:01 am
Location: Lake Stevens, WA, USA

Postby Yasden » Sun Aug 19, 2007 5:43 pm

Khaiden glances at the humanoids and smirks, knowing full well what they are.

Knowledge (local) (1d20+4=15)
Support Your Addiction! Vote for TorilMUD Today!



Top Mud Sites: http://www.topmudsites.com/cgi-bin/topmuds/rankem.cgi?id=shev



Why Nerox is jealous of me:



Nerox tells you 'man this thing is kicking my ass and i have blisters!'

Nerox tells you 'ok attempting it again put tape on my fingers for easier sliding'
Arilin Nydelahar
Sojourner
Posts: 1498
Joined: Sat Jul 27, 2002 5:01 am
Location: Virginia Beach
Contact:

Postby Arilin Nydelahar » Sun Aug 19, 2007 8:03 pm

Thalidyrr continues his rush at his opponents, he could smell them from far enough back to realize what they were.

Knowledge Roll (1d20+2=19)

As he nears, he begins to slowly fall into a rythm and launches into his first attack aiming at the nearest foe, channeling all of his strength and effort into this first attack.

Attack Roll (1d20+3=16)
Damage Roll (1d6+3=6)

OOC - Attacking with Stunning Fist.
Birile
Sojourner
Posts: 1413
Joined: Wed Dec 11, 2002 6:01 am
Location: Albany, NY

Postby Birile » Tue Aug 21, 2007 4:21 pm

As he catches sight of the gnolls, Birile thinks to himself, Geez, they look a heck of a lot like a cleric I once knew.

As he sees Thalidyrr attack the first of the gnolls, Birile takes aim at the second one with his bow.

OOC
Knowledge (Local) (1d20+2=11)
Attack (1d20+5=10)
Damage (1d4+1=2)

...
moritheil
Sojourner
Posts: 4845
Joined: Wed Jan 31, 2001 6:01 am

Postby moritheil » Wed Aug 22, 2007 1:01 pm

Thalidyrr dashes forward, driving his fist into an unprotected spot on the first gnoll. Augmented by the elf's ki, the blow stuns the gnoll. Its eyes take on a glassy sheen, and the axe drops from its hand while its shield dangles loosely.

The second gnoll closes with the monk, perhaps to protect its ally, perhaps simply eager for blood. Its axe strikes Thalidyrr a grazing blow even as Birile's arrow whistles overhead.

OOC: It is in melee, so there's a -4 ranged penalty to hit it without hitting your ally . . . which more than counters the -2 AC from charging.

Thalidyrr takes 3 damage.
Gnoll 1 takes 6 damage and stun.

Return to “Toril 2.0 Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests