Errants of Waterdeep [RP Thread]

Discussion concerning the upcoming Toril 2.0 update as well as general 3.5 edition D&D discussion
Arilin Nydelahar
Sojourner
Posts: 1498
Joined: Sat Jul 27, 2002 5:01 am
Location: Virginia Beach
Contact:

Postby Arilin Nydelahar » Sun Oct 28, 2007 4:53 pm

Thalidyrr eyes the tent and the guards warily trying to make out any sign of what could be inside, he attempts to sneak around for a closer look.

Spot Check (1d20+9=21)

Listen Check (1d20+5=25)
Shevarash OOC: 'what can I say, I'm attracted to crazy chicks and really short dudes'
moritheil
Sojourner
Posts: 4845
Joined: Wed Jan 31, 2001 6:01 am

Postby moritheil » Mon Oct 29, 2007 12:36 am

Avoiding the sentries, the elven monk stealthily makes his way into the tent, slipping inside so they will not see his back while he looks. At last, Thalidyrr has found the missing woman!

A short, waiflike halfling sits on a stool, gagged and bound to a broad center pole. A few casks lie nearby.
Arilin Nydelahar
Sojourner
Posts: 1498
Joined: Sat Jul 27, 2002 5:01 am
Location: Virginia Beach
Contact:

Postby Arilin Nydelahar » Tue Oct 30, 2007 1:03 am

Thalidyrr silently moves towards the halfling and losesn the gag.

"Remain Silent, but I do believe we have your friend a ways back safe. Are you in any condition to sneak out of here?"
Shevarash OOC: 'what can I say, I'm attracted to crazy chicks and really short dudes'
moritheil
Sojourner
Posts: 4845
Joined: Wed Jan 31, 2001 6:01 am

Postby moritheil » Fri Nov 02, 2007 1:09 am

The woman stirs groggily, but does not reply.

Outside the camp, the group sees a sudden flash of light in the distance. Gnoll sentries begin calling out to one another, and one starts kicking the others awake.

OOC: Those outside may roll Spot checks to try to see more information.
Tasan
Sojourner
Posts: 1710
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2001 6:01 am
Location: Fridley, Mn USA
Contact:

Postby Tasan » Sun Nov 04, 2007 3:21 pm

Spot: 1d20=13
Danahg tells you 'yeah, luckily i kept most of it in my mouth and nasal membranes, ugh'

Dlur group-says 'I have a dead horse that I'm dragging down the shaft with my 4 corpses. Anyone want to help me beat it?'

Calladuran: There are other games to play if you want to play with yourself.
Yasden
Sojourner
Posts: 1597
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2001 6:01 am
Location: Lake Stevens, WA, USA

Postby Yasden » Sun Nov 04, 2007 10:30 pm

OOC: Rolled a 5, blah.
Support Your Addiction! Vote for TorilMUD Today!

Top Mud Sites: http://www.topmudsites.com/cgi-bin/topmuds/rankem.cgi?id=shev

Why Nerox is jealous of me:

Nerox tells you 'man this thing is kicking my ass and i have blisters!'
Nerox tells you 'ok attempting it again put tape on my fingers for easier sliding'
Birile
Sojourner
Posts: 1413
Joined: Wed Dec 11, 2002 6:01 am
Location: Albany, NY

Postby Birile » Wed Nov 07, 2007 2:58 pm

moritheil
Sojourner
Posts: 4845
Joined: Wed Jan 31, 2001 6:01 am

Postby moritheil » Thu Nov 08, 2007 6:50 pm

Everyone else outside sees an indistinct light source. Birile manages to make out a vaguely humanoid form with noble features, taller than a man, striding purposefully toward the camp. The gnolls do not appear pleased at this.
Birile
Sojourner
Posts: 1413
Joined: Wed Dec 11, 2002 6:01 am
Location: Albany, NY

Postby Birile » Thu Nov 08, 2007 9:08 pm

Seeing the humanoid and the gnolls coming to attention, Birile nocks an arrow in his bow and takes aim at the gnoll closest to the humanoid and lets the arrow fly, hoping for a distraction for the monk to make an escape.

Ranged Attack (1d20+5=14)
Damage (1d4+1=5)

Before seeing if the arrow was enough of a distraction, the Halfling attempts to hide before being noticed.

Hide (1d20+12=22)

OOC Edited for spelling...
Arilin Nydelahar
Sojourner
Posts: 1498
Joined: Sat Jul 27, 2002 5:01 am
Location: Virginia Beach
Contact:

Postby Arilin Nydelahar » Thu Nov 08, 2007 10:42 pm

OOC: At work, unsure if any other stats go into a rope check, but here's the base.

Thalidyrr hears the commotion and seeing the unresponsive halfling attempts to get at the ropes.

Rope Check (1d20=14)
moritheil
Sojourner
Posts: 4845
Joined: Wed Jan 31, 2001 6:01 am

Postby moritheil » Mon Nov 12, 2007 4:35 pm

Outside, Birile's arrow hits an inattentive gnoll squarely in the shoulder. Though most of the gnolls are still milling about in confusion, one is slightly more observant than the rest, and yells something at his comrades while pointing up at the hillside.

Within the tent, Thalidyrr manages to loose the bonds and pick up the unconscious halfling. He then runs pell-mell away from the camp, bursting out of the tent and fleeing past several astonished and half-equipped gnolls.

Shouting and pandemonium follow.

OOC: I think it's time for initiative rolls!
Birile
Sojourner
Posts: 1413
Joined: Wed Dec 11, 2002 6:01 am
Location: Albany, NY

Postby Birile » Mon Nov 12, 2007 4:52 pm

Arilin Nydelahar
Sojourner
Posts: 1498
Joined: Sat Jul 27, 2002 5:01 am
Location: Virginia Beach
Contact:

Postby Arilin Nydelahar » Mon Nov 12, 2007 5:58 pm

1d20+3=19

Thalidyrr continues to make haste for the group of comrades, not chancing to look back as he does so, until he finally makes contact, and gets a chance to lay the halfling down. "I believe I found our guest." He turns towards the human mentalist, "You've made fire appear in the past, are you still able to? Some of the tents I investigated have what looks to be some very, very dangerous liquid in jars padded on all sides for protection. We may need to use that to our advantage."
Shevarash OOC: 'what can I say, I'm attracted to crazy chicks and really short dudes'
Yasden
Sojourner
Posts: 1597
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2001 6:01 am
Location: Lake Stevens, WA, USA

Postby Yasden » Mon Nov 12, 2007 8:54 pm

"I don't think I'm quite capable of doing it again today...although we could just set some arrows ablaze and send them down there."

Khaiden thinks for a moment.

"There is always the alternative magic flames I have available."

OOC: Already used my 2 PSP points for the day, unless Mori considers the time elapsed as any regeneration (highly doubtful). And UGH on the initiative.

1d20+2=4
Support Your Addiction! Vote for TorilMUD Today!



Top Mud Sites: http://www.topmudsites.com/cgi-bin/topmuds/rankem.cgi?id=shev



Why Nerox is jealous of me:



Nerox tells you 'man this thing is kicking my ass and i have blisters!'

Nerox tells you 'ok attempting it again put tape on my fingers for easier sliding'
Tasan
Sojourner
Posts: 1710
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2001 6:01 am
Location: Fridley, Mn USA
Contact:

Postby Tasan » Mon Nov 12, 2007 10:17 pm

Tasan moves to the front of the group, drawing his bastardsword calmly from its scabbard.

Initiative (1d20+2=8)

"If things start getting ugly, ye best leave me here and get on with the little ones back the way we came."
Danahg tells you 'yeah, luckily i kept most of it in my mouth and nasal membranes, ugh'



Dlur group-says 'I have a dead horse that I'm dragging down the shaft with my 4 corpses. Anyone want to help me beat it?'



Calladuran: There are other games to play if you want to play with yourself.
moritheil
Sojourner
Posts: 4845
Joined: Wed Jan 31, 2001 6:01 am

Postby moritheil » Sat Dec 15, 2007 8:19 pm

Initiative:
Thalidyrr
Birile
Tasan
Khaiden

OOC: PSP regen occurs after 8 hours of uninterrupted rest.
Arilin Nydelahar
Sojourner
Posts: 1498
Joined: Sat Jul 27, 2002 5:01 am
Location: Virginia Beach
Contact:

Postby Arilin Nydelahar » Fri Dec 28, 2007 3:00 am

OOC: Was waiting on a distance, but I suppose it won't matter for this round.

Thalidyrr eyes the rushing orcs, and fishes through his dropped pack for his sealed potion, he cracks the stopper, and drains it completely in one quick motion, tossing the empty bottle down on the ground. He eyes his wounded arm, waiting to see if the potion has the desired effect.
Shevarash OOC: 'what can I say, I'm attracted to crazy chicks and really short dudes'

Return to “Toril 2.0 Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests