3.5 prestige classes..

Discussion concerning the upcoming Toril 2.0 update as well as general 3.5 edition D&D discussion
daggaz
Sojourner

3.5 prestige classes..

Postby daggaz » Sat Nov 25, 2006 1:00 pm

Any chance of prestige classes going in, even in limited form?

All I want to be is a Kobold Divine Minion 1/Wizard 1/Master of Many Forms 3, it's not asking much really.. I would even be willing to drop the Kobold bit and just play human.
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Sat Nov 25, 2006 3:51 pm

Somehow, I don't think Pun-Pun is going to make it into Toril 2.0.
- Ragorn
Shar: Leave the moaning to the people who have real issues to moan about like rangers or newbies.
Corth: Go ask out a chick that doesn't wiggle her poon in people's faces for a living.
Shevarash
FORGER CODER

Postby Shevarash » Mon Nov 27, 2006 5:39 pm

Prestige Classes are a pretty important aspect of 3.5/d20, and I'd like to see them included in some form.

However, just getting the base classes working in the new system is a huge undertaking, so we're planning prestige classes for an update following 2.0 (2.1?!).

We could wait and not release 2.0 until *everything* is done, but I figure you'd all rather get started sooner and receive a steady stream of updates afterwards.
Shevarash -- Code Forger of TorilMUD
Mertak
Sojourner

Postby Mertak » Mon Nov 27, 2006 10:30 pm

Shevarash wrote:We could wait and not release 2.0 until *everything* is done, but I figure you'd all rather get started sooner and receive a steady stream of updates afterwards.

Yes we would, yes we would! But it's fun that we'll have even more to look forward to, beyond. 8)

Keep up the good work.

Cheers.
Tasan
Sojourner

Postby Tasan » Fri Dec 01, 2006 3:33 am

Shevarash wrote:get started sooner and receive a steady stream of updates afterwards.

Quoted for posterity.
Danahg tells you 'yeah, luckily i kept most of it in my mouth and nasal membranes, ugh'

Dlur group-says 'I have a dead horse that I'm dragging down the shaft with my 4 corpses. Anyone want to help me beat it?'

Calladuran: There are other games to play if you want to play with yourself.
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Fri Dec 01, 2006 2:04 pm

Mmmm, lich-style class quests for all! :D
Yotus group-says 'special quest if you type hi dragon'
Shevarash OOC: 'I feature only the finest mammary glands.'
Silena group-says 'he was so fat and juicy..couldnt resist'
Shevarash
FORGER CODER

Postby Shevarash » Fri Dec 01, 2006 2:50 pm

Tasan wrote:
Shevarash wrote:get started sooner and receive a steady stream of updates afterwards.

Quoted for posterity.

You can laugh, and the problem of inconsistent updates in the past has clearly been a problem. Part of this problem is the complexity of adding new code content to a confusing and inconsistent code base as well as the required balance considerations.

2.0 has been designed from the ground-up to make it easier to add new content on a regular basis. I'm generally referring to things like spells and feats here, but the concept applies to a lot of other areas as well. Having an organized and logical system to build off of makes designing a new module for it that much easier.

Getting the initial release out of the gate is a big hurdle, but afterwards the way will be paved for frequent and meaningful updates. I can't guarantee that everything will come as fast as you like, of course - all I can do is address this problem at its root.
Shevarash -- Code Forger of TorilMUD
Lilira
Sojourner

Postby Lilira » Fri Dec 01, 2006 3:11 pm

But.. but... but...

*whine*

HOW MUCH LONGER?!?!?!

*wink*
~\o--Lilira Shadowlyre--o/~

You group-say 'my chars will carry the component on them if I can.'
Inama group-says 'hopefully they'll have some sort of volume discounts on ress items for people like you'
You group-say 'oh? Ya think? *giggle*'
Inama group-says 'they could at least implement frequent dier miles'

Suzalize group-says 'oh, eya's over weight i bet'
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Fri Dec 01, 2006 3:44 pm

Shevarash wrote:Getting the initial release out of the gate is a big hurdle, but afterwards the way will be paved for frequent and meaningful updates. I can't guarantee that everything will come as fast as you like, of course - all I can do is address this problem at its root.

Thanks, Shev!
- Ragorn
Shar: Leave the moaning to the people who have real issues to moan about like rangers or newbies.
Corth: Go ask out a chick that doesn't wiggle her poon in people's faces for a living.

Return to “Toril 2.0 Discussion”