You welcome a dead horse warmly, introducing him to everyone

Discussion concerning the upcoming Toril 2.0 update as well as general 3.5 edition D&D discussion
Gormal
Sojourner

You welcome a dead horse warmly, introducing him to everyone

Postby Gormal » Sat Jan 20, 2007 5:36 am

I want to bring the topic of restrings and RP points back into the limelight. I would really like to see the MUD's policy relaxed on restrings and the like once we shift to 2.0. Can we add rules where restrings can't be used on more than one character or something? Anything. There just isn't enough restringing going on, especially to those who deserve it even without RPing.

I'd also like to be able to see my RP points and know how many I need for what. RP is fun, but so is zoning and the latter nets you enjoyment as well as loot. I'd like to know what all my RPing is getting me, even if it is taking forever to see tangible rewards.
amolol
Sojourner

Postby amolol » Sat Jan 20, 2007 1:20 pm

while i agree that seeing the RP points and more restrings are a good idea i would like to point out that we RP mostly for fun and a change of pace. that in itself should be enough of a reward. a6t least thats what i would like to think, if i had the brain for more toril RP or quests or more difficult zones i would probably have the same views as yourself. as is its really no secret that im not that smart. not saying im stupid either but my intelligence is streetwise not book wise of figure it out wise. im good with my hands not brain. and as such i thing the privilege or RPing in of its self should be enough of a reward. to know that you have the ability to completely remove yourself and take on the habits and "isms*" of another being is a pretty damned good skill and should be recognized yes. but its its own reward

*an ism is a character trait that a person may have that isn't necessarily a habit or a tick. an ism might be that you rub your right hand with your left but not the other way. s habit is like drinking out of the milk carton/leaving the seat up. a tick is an uncontrollable ism not one that you have developed such as your eye twitching constantly.

anyway i bet this doesn't make sense but thats what i get for posting drunk!
i dont know what your problem is, but i bet its hard to pronounce

myspace.com/tgchef
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Sat Jan 20, 2007 9:44 pm

you type better drunk
"When a child is born, so is a grandmother."

-Italian Proverb
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Sat Jan 20, 2007 10:46 pm

I wasn't drunk!