Toril 2.0: Q&A

Discussion concerning the upcoming Toril 2.0 update as well as general 3.5 edition D&D discussion
Arilin Nydelahar
Sojourner

Postby Arilin Nydelahar » Fri Feb 09, 2007 8:01 pm

moritheil wrote:Baelnorn is indeed the name used to refer to a good-aligned elven lich that has stayed on to protect something important.

FWIW, I was just reading Todrael's old post on his experiences as a lich and how the little things can matter - I highly recommend people who haven't played lich read that before arguing for or against more benefits for liches.

I do agree with you, but I believe the only two people who've asked Lich related questions do have Liches and really aren't asking for more benefits for the Lich.

I'm simply enquiring about change more so.

Shev:

Thanks for the response, and for my last question in this subject for now. Is there any chance pre-existing Liches when things get rolling if the class is opened to new races could choose to be remorted into the new race that was never an original option in choosing? A one time no going back sorta thing possibly?
Shevarash OOC: 'what can I say, I'm attracted to crazy chicks and really short dudes'
Birile
Sojourner

Postby Birile » Fri Feb 09, 2007 9:52 pm

Arilin Nydelahar wrote:Shev:

Thanks for the response, and for my last question in this subject for now. Is there any chance pre-existing Liches when things get rolling if the class is opened to new races could choose to be remorted into the new race that was never an original option in choosing? A one time no going back sorta thing possibly?

While I'm not saying I disagree with the ability to do this, it would be prudent to point out that this sort of allowance--if given to one type of class--should also be visited on other race/class highly-restricted combos (Psionicists/Illithids being the glaringly obvious combo, followed by, perhaps, Ranger--which I think Shev has already shot down the opportunity to change race for that class, IIRC).

Just a thought. :)
Shevarash
FORGER CODER

Postby Shevarash » Fri Feb 09, 2007 9:58 pm

Arilin Nydelahar wrote:Thanks for the response, and for my last question in this subject for now. Is there any chance pre-existing Liches when things get rolling if the class is opened to new races could choose to be remorted into the new race that was never an original option in choosing? A one time no going back sorta thing possibly?

Nope. As stated farther up in this thread, we won't be offering race changes as there's such a huge number of race/class combos opening up that it would simply be unmanageable.
Shevarash -- Code Forger of TorilMUD
Cirath
Sojourner

Postby Cirath » Fri Feb 09, 2007 11:04 pm

This may be more of a general area building question, but...

In the past there has been a pretty serious lack of use for any spells or abilities that target good alignments (unholy word, unholy aura, protection from good, dispel good, unholy avenger procs, etc). Is there any plan to balance out mob alignment, so that these spells and abilities will be more useful? If not, will anti-paladins and evil clerics get slightly more useful toys, like dictum?
Lilira
Sojourner

Postby Lilira » Sat Feb 10, 2007 12:16 am

moritheil wrote:Baelnorn is indeed the name used to refer to a good-aligned elven lich that has stayed on to protect something important.

FWIW, I was just reading Todrael's old post on his experiences as a lich and how the little things can matter - I highly recommend people who haven't played lich read that before arguing for or against more benefits for liches.

Sarvis, there is a separate scout class in 3.5. It's far more rogue-like than the ranger is.

Wilderness Rogue fits in there too.
~\o--Lilira Shadowlyre--o/~

You group-say 'my chars will carry the component on them if I can.'
Inama group-says 'hopefully they'll have some sort of volume discounts on ress items for people like you'
You group-say 'oh? Ya think? *giggle*'
Inama group-says 'they could at least implement frequent dier miles'

Suzalize group-says 'oh, eya's over weight i bet'
Shevarash
FORGER CODER

Postby Shevarash » Sat Feb 10, 2007 1:06 am

Cirath wrote:In the past there has been a pretty serious lack of use for any spells or abilities that target good alignments (unholy word, unholy aura, protection from good, dispel good, unholy avenger procs, etc). Is there any plan to balance out mob alignment, so that these spells and abilities will be more useful? If not, will anti-paladins and evil clerics get slightly more useful toys, like dictum?

Well, I hope we get more zones with good aligned creatures in them, but aht certainly won't happen overnight. The good news is that mobs have a second alignment now, and we ave spells like dictum and magic circle against law as part of the spell list. Also, there aren't really very many offensive spells that only target one alignment. Most of those have been reworked so that they affect/damage everyone, but only do their full damage to a person of the correct alignment.
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Sat Feb 10, 2007 3:45 am

Sarvis wrote:
If you don't have a Rogue, a sneaky Ranger might do.

See, that's what worries me. I don't want to see Rangers be second class citizens in the group pecking order. I want Rangers to be wanted, not substitutes for what's wanted.

Seriously, it's like you skipped 97% of my entire post just to freak out at the last sentence.
- Ragorn
Shar: Leave the moaning to the people who have real issues to moan about like rangers or newbies.
Corth: Go ask out a chick that doesn't wiggle her poon in people's faces for a living.
Tasan
Sojourner

Postby Tasan » Sat Feb 10, 2007 6:47 am

Ragorn wrote:Seriously, it's like you skipped 97% of my entire post just to freak out at the last sentence.

It's not just your post he's skipped reading. Sheesh.
Danahg tells you 'yeah, luckily i kept most of it in my mouth and nasal membranes, ugh'

Dlur group-says 'I have a dead horse that I'm dragging down the shaft with my 4 corpses. Anyone want to help me beat it?'

Calladuran: There are other games to play if you want to play with yourself.
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Sat Feb 10, 2007 8:10 am

:roll:

Gee, sorry. Next time I'll respond to every single line rather than just the one which best expresses the concerns I'm having. Hell, silly me for having concerns anyway. I mean, after Rangers have spent the last decade being the BEST of all classes with no one complaining at all! It's certainly not as if my worries are born directly from the current, and long standing, weaknesses of the class!

I'm glad you think 97% of your post somehow changes what you said with that one line, but it doesn't. The 97% of your post you think I skipped is just a long winded explanation of why "If you don't have a [X], a [Y] Ranger might do." Seriously, you point out that Rangers can learn to sneak as well as rogues if they spend all their skill points on it, then go on to explain that rogues have more skills anyway, with some of them being really good and unique!

Screw it, I probably shouldn't be asking the devs questions anyway. It's kind of dumb, don't you think, trying to find out information about the class and gameplay in general in a thread created for us to ask questions? :roll:
<a href="http://www.code-haven.com">Code Haven</a> - For all your programming needs.

I detest what you write, but I would give my life to make it possible for you to continue to write. - Some Guy Who Paraphrased Voltaire
Tasan
Sojourner

Postby Tasan » Sat Feb 10, 2007 8:28 am

Sarvis wrote:Screw it, I probably shouldn't be asking the devs questions anyway. It's kind of dumb, don't you think, trying to find out information about the class and gameplay in general in a thread created for us to ask questions? :roll:

It is kinda dumb to ask questions that have been answered in previous discussions.
Danahg tells you 'yeah, luckily i kept most of it in my mouth and nasal membranes, ugh'

Dlur group-says 'I have a dead horse that I'm dragging down the shaft with my 4 corpses. Anyone want to help me beat it?'

Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Sat Feb 10, 2007 9:31 am

You must have skipped reading 97% of my post! OMFG!

<a href="http://www.code-haven.com">Code Haven</a> - For all your programming needs.

I detest what you write, but I would give my life to make it possible for you to continue to write. - Some Guy Who Paraphrased Voltaire
Arilin Nydelahar
Sojourner

Postby Arilin Nydelahar » Sat Feb 10, 2007 12:02 pm

Sarvis wrote:You must have skipped reading 97% of my post! OMFG!

No, but I have skipped 97% of any ranger related posts!
Shevarash OOC: 'what can I say, I'm attracted to crazy chicks and really short dudes'
Shevarash
FORGER CODER

Postby Shevarash » Sat Feb 10, 2007 4:03 pm

Let's settle down and ask interesting questions, eh?
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Sat Feb 10, 2007 4:21 pm

Sorry Shev, you'd be amazed how bad a mood you're in when you wake up coughing at 3am and have been dealing with bronchitis for an entire month. :(

Anyway, here's a couple questions I asked earlier but weren't answered. Just reposting in case they got lost in the shuffle:

Everyone gets the same skills, but they cost different based on class right? (Assuming it works like 3E here.) What skills will be primary for Rangers, and how will they be expressed in the MUD?

Ok, non-ranger question: Are there any plans to create compelling solo content for those times when we can't find a group? By this I would mean soloable zones, quests, or maybe something like crafting.

Shevarash
FORGER CODER

Postby Shevarash » Sat Feb 10, 2007 5:15 pm

Sarvis wrote:Everyone gets the same skills, but they cost different based on class right? (Assuming it works like 3E here.) What skills will be primary for Rangers, and how will they be expressed in the MUD?

I'm not going to go into detail on skills yet - look for a post in the announcements section outlining them in the near future.

Sarvis wrote:Ok, non-ranger question: Are there any plans to create compelling solo content for those times when we can't find a group? By this I would mean soloable zones, quests, or maybe something like crafting.

There are a TON of plans for that, yes. We're very dedicated to adding not only solo content but new kinds of content. After these core gameplay changes come into the MUD, those things will be my primary focus for awhile.
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Sat Feb 10, 2007 6:55 pm

So seeing Uncanny Dodge mentioned in the other thread made me wonder: How is the concept of flanking handled in 2.0?

Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Sat Feb 10, 2007 11:31 pm

Will there be any changes made to the equipment distribution system? After toying around with some other MMOs lately, I feel like Toril's unchanging eq rewards are just not fun. Can all mobs get a chance to load things that we can at least sell for money? Maybe they can all load healing potions and cool wands... something to add some variety.

I won't even get into how much better experience is... well everywhere else.
Tasan
Sojourner

Postby Tasan » Sun Feb 11, 2007 5:53 am

Gormal wrote:Can all mobs get a chance to load things that we can at least sell for money? Maybe they can all load healing potions and cool wands... something to add some variety

Believe there would be serious problems without a realistic economy system. As it stands, equipment is devalued continually by the auction system and the almost non-existant removal of equipment from the game. Without serious overhauls to this problem, I'm not sure how long you can expect anyone to continue to play here.

Addressing the permanence of the world we play will play a major factor in whether the changeover to 2.0 succeeds or not. Stagnant worlds do not promote life, much more the contrary. I know that Shev understands that problem and am also curious as to what he has planned.

As for the experience thing, it's already been stated many times that the current system will be completely revamped.

Solak
Sojourner

Postby Solak » Sun Feb 11, 2007 2:06 pm

Will mages(assuming all mages can get that spell) need corpses to get undeads?
Cirath
Sojourner

Postby Cirath » Sun Feb 11, 2007 10:59 pm

Will clerics, particularly evil clerics, be able to animate dead?

Will charm spells be capable of affecting something more potent than a squirrel?
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Sun Feb 11, 2007 11:14 pm

Cirath wrote:Will clerics, particularly evil clerics, be able to animate dead?

Will charm spells be capable of affecting something more potent than a squirrel?

Yes, a hedgehog. :P

Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Sun Feb 11, 2007 11:38 pm

That's a good question...

Will there be any features of 2.0 that address the stagnation caused by the fact that everybody has almost every bit of equipment they need at this point? In other words, any way of removing equipment from the game that doesn't involve getting even better equipment than what you already had?
Gormal tells you 'im a dwarven onion'
Gormal tells you 'always another beer-soaked layer'

Inama ASSOC:: 'though it may suit your fantasies to think so, i don't need oil for anything.'

Haley: Filthy lucre? I wash that lucre every day until it SHINES!
Tasan
Sojourner

Postby Tasan » Mon Feb 12, 2007 7:00 am

Ashiwi wrote:In other words, any way of removing equipment from the game that doesn't involve getting even better equipment than what you already had?

I fully endorse the Cofen method of removing items from gameplay. His khanjari sacrifice should be a humble pilgrimage followed by all rogues!

Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Mon Feb 12, 2007 8:06 am

This didn't post the first time around. Then I retried and both post. Boo! :P
Last edited by Thilindel on Mon Feb 12, 2007 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Mon Feb 12, 2007 8:07 am

Was just realizing how difficult and detailed rewriting the mud's guts must be. A massive Muchas Grandes is in order, so:

THANKS SHEV AND CO. :)
Lilira
Sojourner

Postby Lilira » Mon Feb 12, 2007 12:33 pm

Tasan wrote:
Ashiwi wrote:In other words, any way of removing equipment from the game that doesn't involve getting even better equipment than what you already had?

I fully endorse the Cofen method of removing items from gameplay. His khanjari sacrifice should be a humble pilgrimage followed by all rogues!

*cackle*

Concurs (err.. they must be getting the ice cubes ready)... all khanjari should go up in flames regardless of whether or not their owner is wearing PFF or not.

*nod me*
~\o--Lilira Shadowlyre--o/~

You group-say 'my chars will carry the component on them if I can.'
Inama group-says 'hopefully they'll have some sort of volume discounts on ress items for people like you'
You group-say 'oh? Ya think? *giggle*'
Inama group-says 'they could at least implement frequent dier miles'

Suzalize group-says 'oh, eya's over weight i bet'
Shevarash
FORGER CODER

Postby Shevarash » Mon Feb 12, 2007 3:17 pm

Sarvis wrote:So seeing Uncanny Dodge mentioned in the other thread made me wonder: How is the concept of flanking handled in 2.0?

Flanking is a combat maneuver. You type "flank <target" to initiate it. The next round, you will not get any attacks as you are attempting to flank around the target. The round after that, if the target has not evaded you they are considered flanked. This results in a nice attack bonus for everyone attacking the target....

...and leaves them wide open for a sneak attack by the flanker, if they have that class ability.

After a round or two the target will move out of the flank and everything returns to normal.

Flanking is a good way to make that tough-to-hit mob a little bit more vulnerable, but it is primarily a method for delivering massive damage via the sneak attack class ability.
Shevarash
FORGER CODER

Postby Shevarash » Mon Feb 12, 2007 3:23 pm

Solak wrote:Will mages(assuming all mages can get that spell) need corpses to get undeads?

Yes, the traditional animation spells will still require corpses. There are also more powerful spells that will require other components in addition to corpses. Of course, you can always attempt to command/charm existing undead, which is much more feasible in 2.0.
Shevarash
FORGER CODER

Postby Shevarash » Mon Feb 12, 2007 3:40 pm

Cirath wrote:Will clerics, particularly evil clerics, be able to animate dead?

Yes, evil clerics have access to undead animation spells. Clerics in general have many more options open to them, and before you ask - yes, being a good cleric has its own advantages.

Cirath wrote:Will charm spells be capable of affecting something more potent than a squirrel?

Yep. Since this is the primary focus of the Enchantment spell school we had to completely rework the way charming works. "Charmed" creatures now have their stats adjusted at the time of charming as if they were pets on the PC scale of hitpoints, rather than the huge numbers that mobs usually feature. When the charm is broken they return to their regular stats. Using this method we've been able to add the whole range of charm/dominate spells to the spell list and remove level limitations. Of course, some mobs/races will still be immune to any mind affecting spells such as this.
Birile
Sojourner

Postby Birile » Mon Feb 12, 2007 3:51 pm

Shevarash wrote:
Cirath wrote:Will charm spells be capable of affecting something more potent than a squirrel?

Yep. Since this is the primary focus of the Enchantment spell school we had to completely rework the way charming works. "Charmed" creatures now have their stats adjusted at the time of charming as if they were pets on the PC scale of hitpoints, rather than the huge numbers that mobs usually feature. When the charm is broken they return to their regular stats. Using this method we've been able to add the whole range of charm/dominate spells to the spell list and remove level limitations. Of course, some mobs/races will still be immune to any mind affecting spells such as this.

Good, I'm taking Birile into the Mindbender PrC... :twisted:
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Mon Feb 12, 2007 4:09 pm

Shev: Will Wall spells be implemented? Duris had a really solid implementation for walls, and I'm wondering if that sort of combat tactic will be usable in Toril 2.0.
- Ragorn
Shar: Leave the moaning to the people who have real issues to moan about like rangers or newbies.
Corth: Go ask out a chick that doesn't wiggle her poon in people's faces for a living.
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Mon Feb 12, 2007 6:10 pm

Shevarash wrote:
Sarvis wrote:So seeing Uncanny Dodge mentioned in the other thread made me wonder: How is the concept of flanking handled in 2.0?

Flanking is a combat maneuver. You type "flank <target" to initiate it. The next round, you will not get any attacks as you are attempting to flank around the target. The round after that, if the target has not evaded you they are considered flanked. This results in a nice attack bonus for everyone attacking the target....

...and leaves them wide open for a sneak attack by the flanker, if they have that class ability.

After a round or two the target will move out of the flank and everything returns to normal.

Flanking is a good way to make that tough-to-hit mob a little bit more vulnerable, but it is primarily a method for delivering massive damage via the sneak attack class ability.

Aha, that's really interesting. So a difference exists between a flanker and others in the group? Other rogues in the group won't automatically get their sneak attack damage in when a mob is flanked?

In 3.5, one of the scariest places to be is between two rogues :wink:
Yotus group-says 'special quest if you type hi dragon'
Shevarash OOC: 'I feature only the finest mammary glands.'
Silena group-says 'he was so fat and juicy..couldnt resist'
Shevarash
FORGER CODER

Postby Shevarash » Mon Feb 12, 2007 8:55 pm

Ashiwi wrote:That's a good question...

Will there be any features of 2.0 that address the stagnation caused by the fact that everybody has almost every bit of equipment they need at this point? In other words, any way of removing equipment from the game that doesn't involve getting even better equipment than what you already had?

Well, there will be more kinds of equipment to collect, but that's hardly a solution in the long-term. Unfortunately I have to addres the core gameplay first, then I can address issues like this. Those are actually the things I'm most excited to fix, but this had to come first.
Shevarash
FORGER CODER

Postby Shevarash » Mon Feb 12, 2007 8:57 pm

Thilindel wrote:Was just realizing how difficult and detailed rewriting the mud's guts must be. A massive Muchas Grandes is in order, so:

THANKS SHEV AND CO. :)

You're welcome! Its been a long, hard road, but it'll be worth it. Thanks again for your patience.
Shevarash
FORGER CODER

Postby Shevarash » Mon Feb 12, 2007 9:00 pm

Ragorn wrote:Shev: Will Wall spells be implemented? Duris had a really solid implementation for walls, and I'm wondering if that sort of combat tactic will be usable in Toril 2.0.

I haven't implemented them as of yet because I just haven't taken the time yet to evaluate if they can go in without being an unabalanced nightmare. They're on the "maybe list" of spells right now.
Shevarash
FORGER CODER

Postby Shevarash » Mon Feb 12, 2007 9:02 pm

moritheil wrote:Aha, that's really interesting. So a difference exists between a flanker and others in the group? Other rogues in the group won't automatically get their sneak attack damage in when a mob is flanked?

Right. The flanker can get a sneak attack, the other people fighting the target only get a bonus to hit it. Of course, more than one person at a time can flank a target in order to get their sneak attack damage.
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Mon Feb 12, 2007 11:39 pm

Shevarash wrote:
moritheil wrote:Aha, that's really interesting. So a difference exists between a flanker and others in the group? Other rogues in the group won't automatically get their sneak attack damage in when a mob is flanked?

Right. The flanker can get a sneak attack, the other people fighting the target only get a bonus to hit it. Of course, more than one person at a time can flank a target in order to get their sneak attack damage.

Fascinating. This causes the chance of sneak attacks to work directly off one's own Tumble skill, rather than working off an ally's. I assume this is the entire reason behind coding things that way. :wink:

Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Tue Feb 13, 2007 1:18 am

It also prevents the tank (or one Rogue) from "flanking" for the entire party.
- Ragorn
Cirath
Sojourner

Postby Cirath » Tue Feb 13, 2007 11:46 pm

Will infravision be replaced by darkvision and low-light vision? If so, how will low-light vision work?
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Wed Feb 14, 2007 5:37 am

Ragorn wrote:It also prevents the tank (or one Rogue) from "flanking" for the entire party.

Not quite, I think. They still get the bonus to hit for flanking; they just don't deal SA.

Shevarash wrote:the other people fighting the target only get a bonus to hit it.

Also, just to clear things up - Arilin, though I responded to your post asking people to read up about liches, that statement wasn't aimed at you. It is a matter of public record that you are one of the lich experts. :)

Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Wed Feb 14, 2007 11:39 am

moritheil wrote:
Ragorn wrote:It also prevents the tank (or one Rogue) from "flanking" for the entire party.

Not quite, I think. They still get the bonus to hit for flanking; they just don't deal SA.

He means that everyone has to actively try to flank, rther than one character drawing focus so everyone else automatically flanks.

Arilin Nydelahar
Sojourner

Postby Arilin Nydelahar » Thu Feb 15, 2007 2:11 am

Next Question:

Will/Is the Shadow Weave ever going to be introduced? Spells from it, and it's effects, along with that line of questioning, how about shades? will players ever be able to turn into shades, much akin to necros Liching?
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Thu Feb 15, 2007 3:43 am

Ooooooh, and is Wild Magic going to be a possibility in 2.0?
Gormal tells you 'im a dwarven onion'
Gormal tells you 'always another beer-soaked layer'

Inama ASSOC:: 'though it may suit your fantasies to think so, i don't need oil for anything.'

Haley: Filthy lucre? I wash that lucre every day until it SHINES!
flib
Sojourner

Postby flib » Thu Feb 15, 2007 6:31 am

so it sounds as if to me. spellcasters are kind of going back to the sorcerer status of old.. i could be wrong there but that's what im seeing.. i could supposedly keep my evocation spells (invo) (i think at least :P) and get some other stuff like stoneskin/haste and umm all those..
Tasan
Sojourner

Postby Tasan » Thu Feb 15, 2007 7:46 am

flib wrote:so it sounds as if to me. spellcasters are kind of going back to the sorcerer status of old.. i could be wrong there but that's what im seeing.. i could supposedly keep my evocation spells (invo) (i think at least :P) and get some other stuff like stoneskin/haste and umm all those..

Spellcasters as a whole will be much less limited in their spell selection unless they choose to specialize in one school. I believe that in 3.5 rules, a spellcaster chooses 2 schools from which they will not learn any spells, but they will be free to learn spells from any of the other schools. When you specialize, I believe you choose to give up another school(3 total) to gain access to the benefits from specialization.

EDIT: I..uh... yeah.. :(
Last edited by Tasan on Thu Feb 15, 2007 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shevarash
FORGER CODER

Postby Shevarash » Thu Feb 15, 2007 2:36 pm

Tasan wrote:Spellcasters as a whole will be much less limited in their spell selection unless they choose to specialize in one school. I believe that in 3.5 rules, a spellcaster chooses 2 schools from which they will not learn any spells, but they will be free to learn spells from any of the other schools. When you specialize, I believe you choose to give up another school(3 total) to gain access to the benefits from specialization.

That's not quite accurate. Check out this announcement for the full details, but in a nutshell: All mages start as the Wizard class. Wizards have access to all spell schools. Specialists must ban two schools, and in return they get extra spell slots, access to special 10th circle spells in their specialty, increased effectiveness in their chosen school, and a bonus innate ability that matches their specialty.

This still gives mages a lot of versatility - you can choose to remain a generalist wizard and have access to every kind of arcane spell, or you can sacrifice that to become more powerful in a certain school - while still picking which two schools you ban yourself. This makes for quite a few possible combinations.
Last edited by Shevarash on Thu Feb 15, 2007 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Birile
Sojourner

Postby Birile » Thu Feb 15, 2007 2:52 pm

Speaking of which, Shev, can you go into a little more detail about something you mentioned before about how we would be finding spell scrolls from which to learn new spells, etc.? How exactly is this going to work? Am I going to be exping in Druid Sanc and a scroll will pop off one of the giants? Are there going to be specific mobs which carry specific scrolls? Will the scrolls be completely random on completely random mobs (except maybe completely level-based so high-level mobs have high-level spell scrolls, low-level mobs have low-level spell scrolls)? Just what sort of variety in spell scroll loading are we talking here?? Anything else you may want to add which might be of relevance would be appreciated as well. :)
Tasan
Sojourner

Postby Tasan » Thu Feb 15, 2007 3:11 pm

Shevarash wrote:That's not quite accurate.

Note to self: Shut up.

Shevarash wrote:Wizards have acdess...two sschools you ban yourself.

Note to Shev: Slow down :)

Shevarash
FORGER CODER

Postby Shevarash » Thu Feb 15, 2007 3:18 pm

Cirath wrote:Will infravision be replaced by darkvision and low-light vision? If so, how will low-light vision work?

Yes - I've already replaced them in name but haven't changed the way they work just yet because, honestly, I just keep putting it off to work on more important things. My current thinking is that lowlight version will give you full sight in the room you are in but won't let you see into adjacent rooms, and darkvision will work jsut as ultra does now.
Shevarash
FORGER CODER

Postby Shevarash » Thu Feb 15, 2007 3:20 pm

Arilin Nydelahar wrote:Next Question:

Will/Is the Shadow Weave ever going to be introduced? Spells from it, and it's effects, along with that line of questioning, how about shades? will players ever be able to turn into shades, much akin to necros Liching?

I really like the Shadow Weave aspect of magic in FR, but I don't think there will be time to implement it for 2.0. It's definitely something I'd like to tackle in the future, and could tie in with prestige classes (Shadow Adept).

Return to “Toril 2.0 Discussion”