Toril 2.0: Ranger Alignment

Discussion concerning the upcoming Toril 2.0 update as well as general 3.5 edition D&D discussion
Shevarash
FORGER CODER

Re: Ranger Alignment

Postby Shevarash » Fri Feb 09, 2007 5:00 pm

Adriorn Darkcloak wrote:Back on topic, I don't think anyone replied to my statement about ranger alignment and their gods. If rangers can be "any alignment" what happens if they delineate from their alignment/god? Do they still lose their god-given spells/powers?

Any divine caster who strays too far from the alignment of their god will stop being granted spells, yes. However, the process of changing your alignment is vastly different now - you won't suddenly find yourself evil after one zone run or anything. It will require conscious effort to change your alignment and it will never be a surprise. Also, you *can* change deities, although the process of how this will happen hasn't been worked out just yet. You can be assured that it won't be cheap or easy though.
Shevarash -- Code Forger of TorilMUD
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Fri Feb 09, 2007 5:14 pm

Will divine spellcasters _have_ to choose a deity?
<a href="http://www.code-haven.com">Code Haven</a> - For all your programming needs.

I detest what you write, but I would give my life to make it possible for you to continue to write. - Some Guy Who Paraphrased Voltaire
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Fri Feb 09, 2007 5:49 pm

I'd just like to note that alignment causes some of the most extensive debates in 3.5 discussions. It's interesting to see that that holds true for Toril 2.0 as well.
Yotus group-says 'special quest if you type hi dragon'
Shevarash OOC: 'I feature only the finest mammary glands.'
Silena group-says 'he was so fat and juicy..couldnt resist'
Cirath
Sojourner

Postby Cirath » Fri Feb 09, 2007 10:57 pm

Lilira wrote:
Ragorn wrote:
Sarvis wrote:
Vigis wrote:It's like saying using a duck call to lure them in closer and shoot them :P

Of course, a Ranger would never do that. :P

Unless he was Evil.

Not sure even an evil one would do that. Good or evil they'd want to protect their little area... its how they go about doing it that should determine the alignment. But then that's stepping into the RP side of a ranger.

How, exactly, do you think he gets his dinner? Though, I suspect PETA might agree that killing a duck was an evil act.

Return to “Toril 2.0 Discussion”