New Zone Considerations In 2.0?

Discussion concerning the upcoming Toril 2.0 update as well as general 3.5 edition D&D discussion
moritheil
Sojourner

New Zone Considerations In 2.0?

Postby moritheil » Wed Mar 07, 2007 2:45 am

It seems that in terms of long-term retention, what we really need are transitional zones that train newbies to be leaders, not just players, and to think as leaders think. In addition to knowledge of one's role in a group, appreciation of efficiency, survivability, and layout of fights should be cultivated.

I do like the fact that there are now multiple ways to do zones. However, I'm occasionally bothered by the fact that often there is still only one reasonable way to do a given zone, and that multiple possible solutions usually only come into play when considering a range of zones. Ideally, I think it has been stated that a group should be capable of either brute forcing or finessing a zone depending on its playing style and aesthetic tastes. (Of course, this need not be so if loot is redone so that zones conducive to different styles offer similar rewards.)

Shev has mentioned many new spells that will go a long way towards making this possible. Are there any plans to retool zones themselves to be conducive to multiple possible solutions? (If so, I do recognize that there must be a lot of work involved. I'm not demanding a timeline or anything.)
Yotus group-says 'special quest if you type hi dragon'
Shevarash OOC: 'I feature only the finest mammary glands.'
Silena group-says 'he was so fat and juicy..couldnt resist'

Return to “Toril 2.0 Discussion”