2.0 warrior questions

Discussion concerning the upcoming Toril 2.0 update as well as general 3.5 edition D&D discussion
Larem
Sojourner

2.0 warrior questions

Postby Larem » Tue Nov 20, 2007 6:27 am

will there be advantages to being a warrior who's not a barbarian or a dwarf or a troll?

such as:

gnome warriors kinda are okay based on the innate ac and dex in current form, but since most of the gnome gods are warrior types........gnome warriors are gonna be awesome right?

and what about snake warriors?
"When you close your eyes, is it hell that you see?" Ghost, Ginger Snaps 2
Demuladon
Sojourner

Postby Demuladon » Tue Nov 20, 2007 10:35 am

also,

from
http://www.d20srd.org/srd/races.htm#humans
and
http://www.d20srd.org/srd/classes/fighter.htm

will human warriors get

Code: Select all

1 extra feat at 1st level.
4 extra skill points at 1st level and 1 extra skill point at each additional level.

and

Skill Points at 1st Level
(2 + Int modifier) ×4.

Skill Points at Each Additional Level
2 + Int modifier.

and

At 1st level, a fighter gets a bonus combat-oriented feat in addition to the feat that any 1st-level character gets and the bonus feat granted to a human character. The fighter gains an additional bonus feat at 2nd level and every two fighter levels thereafter (4th, 6th, 8th, 10th, 12th, 14th, 16th, 18th, and 20th).

for a minimum grand total of
4+50*1 + 8+50*2=162 skills points? + any int bonus + lots of 'extra' feats?

ie. human warriors seem a viable ulternative under 3.5rules? (or if not viable at least alot of fun)
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Tue Nov 20, 2007 4:51 pm

I'm sure the coders take into account of the lvl 50 vs lvl 20 difference between games.
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.
Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
Cirath
Sojourner

Re: 2.0 warrior questions

Postby Cirath » Wed Nov 21, 2007 11:01 pm

Larem wrote:will there be advantages to being a warrior who's not a barbarian or a dwarf or a troll?

In tabletop these days most of the power of a fighter comes from feats. From what I've read in the announcements and Q&A threads, Toril 2.0 will be the same. Sure, that extra few points of strength from being a troll, or con from dwarf, might be handy early on, but by the time you hit 50 I expect the racial bonuses will pale in comparison to what feats you took and what magic doodads you have hanging from various extremities.

Of course, that's just my best guess.
Malvareth
Sojourner

Postby Malvareth » Thu Nov 22, 2007 4:48 pm

Possibly, but it still depends on whether or not we'll be seeing the same hit points system. It would have to be some very, very nice feats for a few extra of them to be worth more than the 150-200hp advantage that the beefier races have over humans, not to mention the better ac of trolls.
My biggest claim to fame is spending the first twenty years of my life two kilometers from the university where DIKU was created. Should that make me sad or proud?
Cirath
Sojourner

Postby Cirath » Fri Nov 23, 2007 5:39 am

Malvareth wrote:It would have to be some very, very nice feats for a few extra of them to be worth more than the 150-200hp advantage that the beefier races have over humans, not to mention the better ac of trolls.

I seem to remember Shevy or someone like that saying that the evil races will be altered so that they don't stray into the realm of level adjustments (or I may be misremembering). I would dig through the posts to find said reference (I expect it would be in the Q&A thread), but I am lazy.
Yasden
Sojourner

Postby Yasden » Sun Nov 25, 2007 6:24 pm

Crap, I don't want my evils spayed or neutered. Go away Bob Barker!
Support Your Addiction! Vote for TorilMUD Today!

Top Mud Sites: http://www.topmudsites.com/cgi-bin/topmuds/rankem.cgi?id=shev

Why Nerox is jealous of me:

Nerox tells you 'man this thing is kicking my ass and i have blisters!'
Nerox tells you 'ok attempting it again put tape on my fingers for easier sliding'

Return to “Toril 2.0 Discussion”