Implement some of the new system

Discussion concerning the upcoming Toril 2.0 update as well as general 3.5 edition D&D discussion
Disoputlip
Sojourner
Posts: 956
Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2002 6:01 am
Location: Copenhagen

Implement some of the new system

Postby Disoputlip » Mon Mar 24, 2008 7:42 pm

The name 2.0 indicate that something all brand new is about to hit us, but I think mabye it should be done in steps.

I am aware that one of the big steps, with the classes, has to happen at once, and that will be the biggest step without comparison, but why not split out some of the other steps.

I was thinking about implementing the new stat scaleing as the first step.

This would even out races a little. Elves could get more hp, and dwarfs better agi, because the scaling would be the same.

I am aware that there is some race balance with feats that humans gets extra of, but I think that can wait even if you implement races as they are though of in the final scenario.
Corth
Sojourner
Posts: 6002
Joined: Sat Jan 27, 2001 6:01 am
Location: NY, USA

Postby Corth » Mon Mar 24, 2008 8:54 pm

Doesn't it feel sometimes like your kicking a dead horse?
Having said all that, the situation has been handled, so this thread is pretty much at an end. -Kossuth

Goddamned slippery mage.
Ragorn
Sojourner
Posts: 4732
Joined: Mon Jan 29, 2001 6:01 am

Postby Ragorn » Tue Mar 25, 2008 2:09 pm

I think the first thing that has to happen is that Shevarash needs to come back from the dead.
- Ragorn
Shar: Leave the moaning to the people who have real issues to moan about like rangers or newbies.
Corth: Go ask out a chick that doesn't wiggle her poon in people's faces for a living.
Birile
Sojourner
Posts: 1413
Joined: Wed Dec 11, 2002 6:01 am
Location: Albany, NY

Postby Birile » Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:22 pm

Corth wrote:Doesn't it feel sometimes like your kicking a dead horse?


Ever feel like the black pot, Corth? :lol:
Ambar
Sojourner
Posts: 2872
Joined: Tue Jul 02, 2002 5:01 am
Location: Our House in Va.
Contact:

Postby Ambar » Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:26 pm

Buhaha thanks for the laugh, Birile .. just as I was drinking my hot coffee ..

hahaha
"When a child is born, so is a grandmother."

-Italian Proverb
Corth
Sojourner
Posts: 6002
Joined: Sat Jan 27, 2001 6:01 am
Location: NY, USA

Postby Corth » Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:44 pm

You two are just jealous of the massive pipi illusion!
Having said all that, the situation has been handled, so this thread is pretty much at an end. -Kossuth



Goddamned slippery mage.
Dalar
Sojourner
Posts: 4876
Joined: Sun Feb 25, 2001 6:01 am

Postby Dalar » Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:47 pm

Birile wrote:
Corth wrote:Doesn't it feel sometimes like your kicking a dead horse?


Ever feel like the black pot, Corth? :lol:


RACIST
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.
Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
flib
Sojourner
Posts: 320
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2004 11:14 pm
Location: Annapolis, MD

Re: Implement some of the new system

Postby flib » Thu Apr 24, 2008 9:36 am

I posted about this like awhile ago and got shot down, funny that it actually seems to be happening now with the align changes and stuff.
Birile
Sojourner
Posts: 1413
Joined: Wed Dec 11, 2002 6:01 am
Location: Albany, NY

Re: Implement some of the new system

Postby Birile » Thu Apr 24, 2008 9:53 pm

I think that's because Shevarash loosened the reigns a little bit and allowed Eilistraee to take a look at what could be implemented. I don't think Eilistraee was given the option before.
User avatar
Shevarash
FORGER CODER
Posts: 2943
Joined: Fri Dec 29, 2000 6:01 am

Re: Implement some of the new system

Postby Shevarash » Fri Apr 25, 2008 3:11 pm

That's not true at all, Birile.

You'll notice no staff members ever shot you down in this thread, Flib, and that's because we think it's a good idea. We've been trying to implement pieces here and there since the Band-Aid project back in November, and will continue to do so where it makes sense.
Shevarash -- Code Forger of TorilMUD
Dalar
Sojourner
Posts: 4876
Joined: Sun Feb 25, 2001 6:01 am

Re: Implement some of the new system

Postby Dalar » Fri Apr 25, 2008 4:41 pm

Birile wrote:I think that's because Shevarash loosened the reigns a little bit and allowed Eilistraee to take a look at what could be implemented. I don't think Eilistraee was given the option before.


Just because immortals don't respond to your ideas doesn't mean it's not going to happen. That only happens to me, sorry.
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.

Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
teflor the ranger
Sojourner
Posts: 3923
Joined: Fri Jul 26, 2002 5:01 am
Location: Waterdeep

Re:

Postby teflor the ranger » Wed Apr 30, 2008 6:27 am

Dalar wrote:
Birile wrote:
Corth wrote:Doesn't it feel sometimes like your kicking a dead horse?


Ever feel like the black pot, Corth? :lol:


RACIST


INTOLERATOR OF INTOLERENTS
Teflor does. Teflor does not.
Birile
Sojourner
Posts: 1413
Joined: Wed Dec 11, 2002 6:01 am
Location: Albany, NY

Re: Implement some of the new system

Postby Birile » Wed May 07, 2008 3:53 pm

Dalar wrote:
Birile wrote:I think that's because Shevarash loosened the reigns a little bit and allowed Eilistraee to take a look at what could be implemented. I don't think Eilistraee was given the option before.


Just because immortals don't respond to your ideas doesn't mean it's not going to happen. That only happens to me, sorry.


You're not that special.
Yasden
Sojourner
Posts: 1597
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2001 6:01 am
Location: Lake Stevens, WA, USA

Re: Implement some of the new system

Postby Yasden » Wed May 07, 2008 4:33 pm

We're all *special* in our own way, sometimes. Some of us just ride a shorter yellow bus than others.
Support Your Addiction! Vote for TorilMUD Today!

Top Mud Sites: http://www.topmudsites.com/cgi-bin/topmuds/rankem.cgi?id=shev

Why Nerox is jealous of me:

Nerox tells you 'man this thing is kicking my ass and i have blisters!'
Nerox tells you 'ok attempting it again put tape on my fingers for easier sliding'
Dalar
Sojourner
Posts: 4876
Joined: Sun Feb 25, 2001 6:01 am

Re: Implement some of the new system

Postby Dalar » Wed May 07, 2008 4:35 pm

Birile wrote:
Dalar wrote:
Birile wrote:I think that's because Shevarash loosened the reigns a little bit and allowed Eilistraee to take a look at what could be implemented. I don't think Eilistraee was given the option before.


Just because immortals don't respond to your ideas doesn't mean it's not going to happen. That only happens to me, sorry.


You're not that special.


Type news.
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.

Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
Dalar
Sojourner
Posts: 4876
Joined: Sun Feb 25, 2001 6:01 am

Re: Implement some of the new system

Postby Dalar » Wed May 07, 2008 4:36 pm

Yasden wrote:We're all *special* in our own way, sometimes. Some of us just ride a shorter yellow bus than others.


I am personally offended by this comment since you're trying to call me stupid. Please refrain from personal attacks on these forums.
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.

Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
Yasden
Sojourner
Posts: 1597
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2001 6:01 am
Location: Lake Stevens, WA, USA

Re: Implement some of the new system

Postby Yasden » Thu May 08, 2008 2:01 am

Nah, I know you're far too intelligent to be called retarded or stupid. I was referring to other people in general, and not just on this BBS. :P I guess that doesn't make it a personal attack, but more of a broad sweeping poke at everyone's occasional stupidity. Just that some people have the bouts of stupid-syndrome more often than not.
Support Your Addiction! Vote for TorilMUD Today!



Top Mud Sites: http://www.topmudsites.com/cgi-bin/topmuds/rankem.cgi?id=shev



Why Nerox is jealous of me:



Nerox tells you 'man this thing is kicking my ass and i have blisters!'

Nerox tells you 'ok attempting it again put tape on my fingers for easier sliding'

Return to “Toril 2.0 Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests