Help Compiling yTin in Windows

Scripts and support for your favorite MUD client.
Werg
Sojourner

Help Compiling yTin in Windows

Postby Werg » Tue Oct 21, 2003 5:53 pm

Alright guys. I want to try this mud client. But I have no idea how to compile it in windows. It says it will run in both Unix and Windows but the instructions seem to reference Unix, and I'm pretty much a Unix n00b. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Here's the link to the site.

http://lightning.prohosting.com/~xine/ytin/index_e.html
Dibble
Sojourner

Postby Dibble » Thu Oct 23, 2003 4:29 pm

Doesn't look like you need to actually compile anything. They offer the source if you would like to but you can just download the file ytin.zip. If you unzip it, it contains one file (ytin.exe). It seemed to work fine for me.

-Dibble-
Werg
Sojourner

Postby Werg » Thu Oct 23, 2003 5:00 pm

thanks.. yeah i got it finally.. i also found an old version of mudglobe on my comp.. i might use that.. but after using wintin, mudglobe (run in a DOS prompt) seems HUGE - its just like tintin tho, except the character is / instead of # ... dunno... i check it out... ran ytin tho and didn't like it.... time to move on.... all this cuz wintin doesn't support all the ANSI colors, specificaly the background ansi for text :( oh well
Yadir
Sojourner

JMC

Postby Yadir » Sat Oct 25, 2003 3:04 am

Werg,

Have you seen JMC? (Jaba Mud Client) I've used it for a couple of years and really like it. It doesn't have all the bells and whistles (mapping, plugins, etc.) but it works great. It's small, already compiled for windows and fast. And free.

You can download it here:

http://www.geocities.com/jmc_client/

I like it partly because the commands, etc. are almost all identical to Tintin. I have some help files for it (html) that I can't find online anymore if you need them.

Return to “MUD Client Help”