High Level Invoker spell Alias/Trig System with Audio

Scripts and support for your favorite MUD client.
Sesexe
Sojourner

High Level Invoker spell Alias/Trig System with Audio

Postby Sesexe » Wed Sep 01, 2004 6:26 pm

I've created an elaborate alias/trigger system for the following invoker spells:
Incendiary Cloud
Fell Frost
Thunder Blast
Meteor Swarm
Inferno
Ball Lightning
Force Missile

This system gives you ansi'd spell lines between your "Casting: ***" deals. It also works just like it was real, that is, you abort and everything stops. It doesn't just stop there, it also includes audio, so you hear the lines as well as see them. (I had a lot of communication with Zmud tech help to make this system the best it could be. I don't use the horrid #WAIT command at all. This system does not bog down your zmud playing.)

I've edited the wav files so they work with the aliases. Also, you can't spam the sounds with these aliases. If you abort a spell, everything turns off. You won't get stuck hearing the sound eventho you stopped casting. This is good news cuz now you can know, EVEN IN MASSIVE SPAM, that you've stopped casting simply by listening to the audio.

It all works very much like it's a coded aspect of the MUD. I've personally been using it for many months now. I now offer it to the players of the MUD, so they too can have a more RP immersive aspect to some of their casting.

If any invokers would like to try this system out, please download the zipped file, unzip it, and copy all the contents into your Zmud directory. There is a readme.txt file that walks you thru the installation as well as some directions. It simply adds a trigger folder to your settings. This doesn't mess with any of your existing settings. It's not going to suddenlyl mess up your character profile. It's just an added trigger folder.

Because of that, I suggest only players using Zmud 7.0+ use this. As it uses MXP extensively!

I welcome any constructive feedback on the system. I believe I covered all occurances with the spells, but there might be some things I missed because I simply haven't exerienced them.

http://www.orbdrindoloth.org/ezine/vokerlines.zip

I was going to wait to include this as part of my next Evils Ezine, but that won't be for some time yet. (I'm learning some web authoring programs atm as time allows.)

-Ses

EDIT: WOopsie! When I exported the first version, I forgot to include the aliases. It's fixed. Current link and files is correct.
Last edited by Sesexe on Wed Sep 01, 2004 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Asup group-says 'who needs sex ed when you got sesexe.'
Targsk group-says 'sexedse'
mount dragon
You climb on and ride Tocx'enth'orix, the elder black dragon.
You have learned something new about mount!
Sesexe
Sojourner

Postby Sesexe » Wed Sep 01, 2004 7:03 pm

FYI,

I put a good deal of time into setting all this up and porting it for others. So I'd really appreciate some genuine helpful feedback.

I'm considering doing this for other classes/spells as well, but if noone likes what I did, then there wouldn't be much point to it.

So Please give it a shot and tell me what you think.

Thanks.

mount dragon

Sesexe
Sojourner

Postby Sesexe » Thu Sep 02, 2004 12:02 am

PLEASE NOTE!!!

Make sure all the subfolders that are created in the Invoker Incantations folder are !enabled (greyed out) or the next spell you cast will set off ALL THE SUB TRIGGERS AND SPAM YOURSELF TO DEATH!!

mount dragon

Sesexe
Sojourner

Postby Sesexe » Thu Sep 02, 2004 3:04 am

This is what it's supposed to look like:

mount dragon

Zuryn
Sojourner

Postby Zuryn » Thu Sep 02, 2004 3:51 am

[I'm surprised I actually remembered my forum login on the first try.]

Kaboom, y'all. Being a longtime scripter and user of heavy duty damage spells, and having borne personal witness to Sesexe's absolutely goddessly dedication to RP on this mud, I can definitely laud this script set as a wonderful means of getting more into the game. See below:

1) It's cooler than normal mudding, because it has sounds.
2) While zoning, it spams just you, rather than your zonemates, who would beat you senseless if you tossed them extra spam during battles.
3) It's pretty durn failsafe; it's guaranteed to go kablooey only when your spells are going to fire.
4) It's cooler than TV, because it has sound and pretty colors, but here you actually get to blow things up, where as if you blow up the TV your parents run down to the basement where you live and get mad at you not only for breaking the TV that they bought, but also for being middle-aged and still living in their house without a job.

I'm sure I had some other points too, but I'm getting bored of spewing random garbage about this when what I should be doing is letting you download this triggerset to witness it for yourself. Needless to say, it offers some well-needed flavor to the vokerly world of aim, fire, repeat if necessary.

On a side note, I'm willing to help troubleshoot any of this stuff if y'all have any troubles making it go. Enjoy!
- Khoric

Kossuth responds to your petition with 'die'
You petition 'I did yesterday a few times, you missed it'
Kossuth responds to your petition with 'go die some more, i'll make popcorn, it'll be fun'
Azenilsee
Sojourner

Postby Azenilsee » Fri Sep 03, 2004 8:45 am

Excellent stuff. How I wished this came out years ago ... *dream*
Azenilsee - Faern Dalharil
Teklar
Sojourner

Postby Teklar » Tue Sep 07, 2004 6:42 am

This looks awesome :) I started a Invoker lastnight just because of this, I hope to try it out. Jexxar (Drow) is my new invoker, I hope to get him to a point to test this.

As for now.. when does the Druid one come out? Just kidding looks like alot of work went into it.

Kudos
Popowidle (Gnome, Invoker), Edek (HalfElf Ranger), Calarum (Grey-elf, Druid)
Sesexe
Sojourner

Postby Sesexe » Tue Sep 07, 2004 7:58 pm

Thanks guys! :D

Teklar, I'm probably going to do a couple more invoker spells first. There's one problem with me making one for druids... I don't have one. I suppose I could do it if I just knew how many stars each spell was with quick chant. As well as which spells to do up. I'd need some help tho from some druids. The anime series I was grabbing those spell line wavs from didn't really have any druid like stuff, but I'm sure there's stuff out there that could work.

Also been working on a master sound system for generic toril actions/spells which is all handled thru the mud's condensed menu toggles (as well as manual over-ride controls), and unique stuff for special weapon procs and such.

Right now it does:
- lots of random death screams for whenever something dies (funny when you kill a fern and hear a man being impaled or something ;)
- a few random spell casting sounds when you (or others if you want) complete your casting
- a few special weapon procs (all 4 of the etched dagger procs)
- Shau Khan from MK2 saying "Excellent" when you improve in any skill
- Shau Khan saying "Choose your Destiny" at the menu log in (he pops up during critical hits with other noises as well sometimes)
- a sound for a well opening
- a sound for a well closing
- a sound for a portal opening
- a sound for a portal closing
- a sound for a rift opening
- a sound for a rift closing
- a sound for a fold opening
- a sound for a fold closing
- Quake arena stuff goes off during certain occurances (I think it's Quake), where you hear "Ultra-Kill", "God-Like", "Killing-Spree", "Multi-Kill", and combined them to make an "Ultra-God-Like-Killing-Spree!" for really special events.
- a Thrym-sicle sound when someone is frozen.

A bunch of other stuff. Can't remember it off the top of my head. I forget about some of them until they pop up unexpected.

mount dragon

Teklar
Sojourner

Postby Teklar » Wed Sep 08, 2004 4:50 am

:) Yes I listened to some of the sounds used, altho I'm not familar with Anime so not sure what they come from. Hmm, Druids.. i'm no help there as i've not enough experience yet with all the workings of the Mud.

Sounds, :) Considering some are done in pure fun.. some Monty Python soundbits might work out well for the Generic, "Bring out your dead" comes to mind :)

For coins.. hmm perhaps a soundbit or two from the Pink Floyd Song "Money" there are some good lines in it.

Those He-man cartoons always had good Soundbits :) Skeletor was Kind of Necromancer type.. at least he reminded me as such.

Being as i'm stuck on my Druid, i'll be leveling up and playing my Invoker now and only shopping with my Druid for equipment for it just so I can try out the scripts :)
Popowidle (Gnome, Invoker), Edek (HalfElf Ranger), Calarum (Grey-elf, Druid)

Return to “MUD Client Help”