Does anyone have a copy of monkeyterm?

Scripts and support for your favorite MUD client.
Zolav
Sojourner

Does anyone have a copy of monkeyterm?

Postby Zolav » Mon Jul 11, 2005 9:50 am

I've been looking to try the monkeyterm client but it's webpage is gone. They did release it as open source but I'm unable to find a copy of the source or the binaries themselves.

Does anyone here have a copy?

Thanks,

Zolav
Kami-sama
Sojourner

If this helps at all >.>

Postby Kami-sama » Tue Jul 12, 2005 9:47 am

Well did some quick search on monkeyterm and found out that the original distributors/coders ended making it so the page was closed.

Then turned my search to alternative sources and found only one link but don't have any experience with monkeyterm so don't know if this is even the program you asked >.>

Nevertheless here are the goodies...... º¿º

http://www2.freedownloadscenter.com/FDM ... nload.html
Zolav
Sojourner

Postby Zolav » Tue Jul 12, 2005 11:13 pm

I think that is it.. I shall check and see..

Thank you,

Zolav
Zolav
Sojourner

Postby Zolav » Tue Jul 12, 2005 11:18 pm

That wasn't it.. It was a freedownload manager..

Oh well.. Thanks for the effort though.

Zolav
Botef
Sojourner

Postby Botef » Thu Jul 14, 2005 10:33 pm

This is the last thing I heard from Hojou, or whatever his name is, on the subject.

Hey everybody!

Me and phunckieboy decided to stop working on MonkeyTerm. We have been seriously lacking time and motivation lately, and we feel, that it's time that we give you more than nothing

So we decided to hand it over to someone else who can fix the remaining bugs, handle all the cool user requests, and stuff

Anyways, right now we don't know if we should just release it as some kind of open source, or hand it over to a couple persons who wants to continue the work.

If you didn't know, MonkeyTerm was created with VB6. We tried to make the project tidy and clean, so anyone with programming skills and knowledge of VB6 should be able to continue the work without too much trouble.

Anyways this was just something we wanted to share to let you know we (personally) won't be adding more functionality.

It was really fun to work on MonkeyTerm and we like the result. It's time to move on though - I atleast am tired of looking at the same lines of code...

Doesn't look like anyone took the time to archive it online, and that freedownloadcenter.com's link just redirects to their old website. Try posting on a few MUD forums that have discussions about MonkeyTerm and maybe someone will have the installer to send you. AstroMUD would be a good place to check first.
Ozzy
Sojourner

Postby Ozzy » Fri Sep 16, 2005 8:51 am

I have created a rough mirror of the old eternals site, it has v2.1 for download. I'm still hunting for the source code and "ansi.mos"

http://private.gotdns.org/monkeyterm/

Return to “MUD Client Help”