Macros/hot keys

Scripts and support for your favorite MUD client.
Latreg
Sojourner

Macros/hot keys

Postby Latreg » Tue Aug 08, 2006 5:21 pm

What I would like to do is, temporarily assign a name and command to a macro key. I'm think it could be done something like the rescue list tanks use, but that's too advanced for me to really understand.
My idea is basically for a vit list, so I can, for example press the f1 key and it could c 'vit' Hartor and f2 would do the next etc. somehow the names would have to be assigned to those specific keys along with the command, and need a way to clear/change the names as well, hope this makes sense. If someone has a better idea I'm all for that as well :) Thank You.
Talona responds to your petition with 'Sweet, I fixed something!'
Talona LFG: [55 Evil Human Nec] 'Don't make me mud castrate you all.'
Some people are like slinkies, not really good for anything but you still cant help smile when you see one tumble down the stairs.
Yasden
Sojourner

Postby Yasden » Tue Aug 08, 2006 10:19 pm

It'd be easier to assign variables to the keys that way you can just #unvar the variables through a script and reassign new names to them.

That is, if you're planning on using those keys exclusively for vits.

Basically, you'd set it up to c 'vit' @VitTarget1, the next key to c 'vit' @VitTarget2, and so forth. You can make some sort of small script to #unvar each of those aliases and make new ones when you make a new vit list for different zones.

You'd want the script to make sure to check for empty variables before assigning slots to them, otherwise it'll just regurgitate the same one. Of course, that depends on the procedure you use to go about assigning names.

Hope that helps.
Support Your Addiction! Vote for TorilMUD Today!

Top Mud Sites: http://www.topmudsites.com/cgi-bin/topmuds/rankem.cgi?id=shev

Why Nerox is jealous of me:

Nerox tells you 'man this thing is kicking my ass and i have blisters!'
Nerox tells you 'ok attempting it again put tape on my fingers for easier sliding'
Latreg
Sojourner

Postby Latreg » Wed Aug 09, 2006 4:18 pm

Yasden wrote:It'd be easier to assign variables to the keys that way you can just #unvar the variables through a script and reassign new names to them.

That is, if you're planning on using those keys exclusively for vits.

Basically, you'd set it up to c 'vit' @VitTarget1, the next key to c 'vit' @VitTarget2, and so forth. You can make some sort of small script to #unvar each of those aliases and make new ones when you make a new vit list for different zones.

You'd want the script to make sure to check for empty variables before assigning slots to them, otherwise it'll just regurgitate the same one. Of course, that depends on the procedure you use to go about assigning names.

Hope that helps.

um yeah that was the general idea, but if it's not a simple trigger it's too complex for me :) now if you wanted to start me off and explain it a bit I'd probably catch on, but the freakin help files for zmud really suck if you have no experience/knowledge and are trying to learn it on your own, imo.
Disoputlip
Sojourner

Postby Disoputlip » Wed Aug 09, 2006 8:03 pm

Ok,

here is a simple example, 1st line is just an assign of an array into a variable called vitList:

Code: Select all

#VAR vitList %array("Ann","Bob","Carl","Dorris")
@currentVit = 0

My guess is you can find out a way to maintain that list self.

Lets now pretend you want to pres same key 4 times and each time vit a new person:

Then you make a new make a new macro on whatever key you want, and write this:

cast 'vit' %arrget( vitList, @currentVit)
@currentVit = %int( %int( %int( @currentVit)+1) \ %int( %arrhigh( vitList)+1))

Had a little touble with the last line, mabye it can be written nicer, it basically just
adds 1 to @currentVit and sets it to 0 if its max.
Disoputlip
Sojourner

Postby Disoputlip » Wed Aug 09, 2006 8:05 pm

Here is a much simpler one, mabye that is sort of what you want

@vitList = Ann|Bob|Carl|Doris

Then in F1 you have

cast 'vit' @vitList.1

In F2 you have

cast 'vit' @vitList.2

and so on
Vipplin
Sojourner

Postby Vipplin » Wed Aug 09, 2006 8:16 pm

What I hate is that there is no f13 f14 f15!!! I wonder if you could use / * - at the top of the keypad for those?
Iyced / Torgu / Iysor
Disoputlip
Sojourner

Postby Disoputlip » Wed Aug 09, 2006 9:13 pm

Vipplin wrote:What I hate is that there is no f13 f14 f15!!! I wonder if you could use / * - at the top of the keypad for those?

Well, if you can think it you can do it.

I wouldn't overwrite the minus key on the keypad though. My guess is all mudders more or less use the keypad to walk with.
Lilira
Sojourner

Postby Lilira » Wed Aug 09, 2006 10:28 pm

I don't. My key pad is for eat, drink, glancegroup, and a few other things.
~\o--Lilira Shadowlyre--o/~

You group-say 'my chars will carry the component on them if I can.'
Inama group-says 'hopefully they'll have some sort of volume discounts on ress items for people like you'
You group-say 'oh? Ya think? *giggle*'
Inama group-says 'they could at least implement frequent dier miles'

Suzalize group-says 'oh, eya's over weight i bet'
Arilin Nydelahar
Sojourner

Postby Arilin Nydelahar » Wed Aug 09, 2006 10:28 pm

Disoputlip wrote:
Vipplin wrote:What I hate is that there is no f13 f14 f15!!! I wonder if you could use / * - at the top of the keypad for those?

Well, if you can think it you can do it.

I wouldn't overwrite the minus key on the keypad though. My guess is all mudders more or less use the keypad to walk with.

Can't say i've ever used the 10key to walk with. I actually use good old n/e/s/w/u/d on the keyboard.
Shevarash OOC: 'what can I say, I'm attracted to crazy chicks and really short dudes'
Disoputlip
Sojourner

Postby Disoputlip » Wed Aug 09, 2006 11:38 pm

Force yourself to learn walking with numpad. you are gonna save tons of pressing returns.

A really big benefit is also that you don't ruin what is in the commandline. E.g. if you have "look human" in the command line then you move with numpads, and just press return.

I have numpad 7 for stand, and numpad 1 as recline, that sort of feels natural on this mud.

(I doubt I can change your habit if you have been doing this for very long, but it really is that much faster)
Arilin Nydelahar
Sojourner

Postby Arilin Nydelahar » Thu Aug 10, 2006 2:10 am

Disoputlip wrote:Force yourself to learn walking with numpad. you are gonna save tons of pressing returns.

A really big benefit is also that you don't ruin what is in the commandline. E.g. if you have "look human" in the command line then you move with numpads, and just press return.

I have numpad 7 for stand, and numpad 1 as recline, that sort of feels natural on this mud.

(I doubt I can change your habit if you have been doing this for very long, but it really is that much faster)

Not to long. Just coming up on a decade now of mudding. :P And I think it works fine the way it is. The command line thing doesn't bother me. I can type fairly fast. I just don't find that as smooth as just typing in the directions :P to each their own.
Shevarash OOC: 'what can I say, I'm attracted to crazy chicks and really short dudes'
Latreg
Sojourner

Postby Latreg » Fri Aug 11, 2006 5:23 pm

thanks alot for the examples and ideas, that will help me alot
Talona responds to your petition with 'Sweet, I fixed something!'

Talona LFG: [55 Evil Human Nec] 'Don't make me mud castrate you all.'

Some people are like slinkies, not really good for anything but you still cant help smile when you see one tumble down the stairs.
Minofagal
Sojourner

Postby Minofagal » Thu Oct 19, 2006 2:19 pm

try using key combos for macros (ie [shift]+F1,[ctrl]+[shift]+F1, etc.)
Kaisi tells you 'get smirn, he's better than me'
--HELP! My legs aren't long enough!--
Vipplin
Sojourner

Postby Vipplin » Thu Oct 19, 2006 9:07 pm

Yes, I use those combinations to cast different spells, and each Fkey is a different group member. There are up to 15 ppl in group, 12 keys, bleh!
Iyced / Torgu / Iysor
alendar
Sojourner

Postby alendar » Thu Oct 19, 2006 10:46 pm

Vipplin wrote:Yes, I use those combinations to cast different spells, and each Fkey is a different group member. There are up to 15 ppl in group, 12 keys, bleh!

since when do evils get 15 group members.....

the above is a joke for those that have no sense of humor (e.g. irs, gods, etc.)
Alendar -= The Black Ash of the Phoenix =-
http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0612.html
http://www.giantitp.com/cgi-bin/GiantIT ... ipt?SK=244
Hador group-says 'Inames I think you are the only person on the mud who shouldn't talk about Cofen sucking'
Vipplin
Sojourner

Postby Vipplin » Sat Oct 21, 2006 1:14 am

Actually, when Hordes of Darkness had our regular guild zones going, we frequently were hitting that 15 cap. Thus my frustration and thus my comment :)
Iyced / Torgu / Iysor

Return to “MUD Client Help”