Clients clients clients!!!

Scripts and support for your favorite MUD client.
Lilira
Sojourner

Clients clients clients!!!

Postby Lilira » Tue Dec 26, 2006 9:53 pm

What are free clients out there guys? I have a friend interesting in playing, but I'm not pointing him to Cmud til its straightened out some more.
~\o--Lilira Shadowlyre--o/~

You group-say 'my chars will carry the component on them if I can.'
Inama group-says 'hopefully they'll have some sort of volume discounts on ress items for people like you'
You group-say 'oh? Ya think? *giggle*'
Inama group-says 'they could at least implement frequent dier miles'

Suzalize group-says 'oh, eya's over weight i bet'
Arilin Nydelahar
Sojourner

Postby Arilin Nydelahar » Tue Dec 26, 2006 10:21 pm

Depends on what OS? Some of the old verisons of zmud are free 3.64 or so if I recall.
Shevarash OOC: 'what can I say, I'm attracted to crazy chicks and really short dudes'
Tasan
Sojourner

Postby Tasan » Sun Jan 07, 2007 11:22 am

Arilin Nydelahar wrote:Depends on what OS? Some of the old verisons of zmud are free 3.64 or so if I recall.

If you can find 4.62 you can make the trial period last basically forever. I used it for about 8 years, then paid for my shareware finally :)
Danahg tells you 'yeah, luckily i kept most of it in my mouth and nasal membranes, ugh'

Dlur group-says 'I have a dead horse that I'm dragging down the shaft with my 4 corpses. Anyone want to help me beat it?'

Calladuran: There are other games to play if you want to play with yourself.
Disoputlip
Sojourner

Postby Disoputlip » Sun Jan 07, 2007 1:25 pm

zMud is free for 30 days. I think I would choose that as number one client to demo mudding with.
Kegor
Sojourner

Postby Kegor » Sun Jan 28, 2007 10:09 am

I still really like zMud v5.55. The only thing that the later versions have going for it that I recognized is the native compression and the ability to play with ansi colors a little better. Other than that they went backwards in my opinion as far as overall program function and organization. Even if they never get it right, I am still perfectly content running MCClient for compression and seeing the newer version zMud users make big stupid lines of crap to amuse themselves. :)
Taka
Sojourner

Postby Taka » Sat Jul 28, 2007 2:22 pm

Wintin.net works pretty well and can work on Vista.

The main annoying thing about it is the lack of the nice scrollback functionality that zmud has (or maybe i just need to find a way to freeze the window when i am scrolling back). I may just implement such a thing myself eventually.
Merrick
Sojourner

Re: Clients clients clients!!!

Postby Merrick » Sun Oct 19, 2008 5:44 am

mush client! i use that. it works on any operating system not sure about vista though haven't tried it on there but works on linux window's and mac and such.

Return to “MUD Client Help”