Alt Listing Trigs (Zmud)

Scripts and support for your favorite MUD client.
Kegor
Sojourner

Alt Listing Trigs (Zmud)

Postby Kegor » Fri Feb 23, 2007 9:10 am

Guildie of mine asked about a trigger for this. The end result was kind of cool and I started using it myself. So I thought I would post it here also. :)

Code: Select all

#ALIAS addalt {#SAY addalt}

#ALIAS delalt {#SAY delalt}

#ALIAS alts {#SAY @%1}

#TRIG {~] ({@MainList})} {#T- Alt;#SAY %ansi(green)~[%ansi(cyan) Alts %ansi(green)~] %ansi(cyan)@%1;#T+ Alt} "Alt"

#TRIG {addalt %1 %2} {#ADDITEM MainList %proper(%1);#ADDITEM MainList %proper(%2);#ADDITEM %proper(%1) %proper(%1);#ADDITEM %proper(%1) %proper(%2);#ADDITEM %proper(%2) %proper(%1);#ADDITEM %proper(%2) %proper(%2);#FORALL @%1 {#ADDITEM %proper(%i) %proper(%2)};#FORALL @%1 {#ADDITEM %proper(%2) %proper(%i)};#FORALL @%2 {#ADDITEM %proper(%i) %proper(%1)};#FORALL @%2 {#ADDITEM %proper(%1) %proper(%i)};#SAY Character ADDED to Alt List.}

#TRIG {Delalt %1} {#FORALL @%1 {#DELITEM %i %1};#FORALL @%1 {#DELITEM %1 %i};#DELITEM Mainlist %1;#UNVAR %1}

How it works:

Type 'addalt <Char> <Alt>' (It doesn't matter which name comes first, alt or main char can go in either spot).

Type 'delalt <Alt>' to remove all listings of that alt.

Type 'alts <Char>' to manually call up a list of someone's alts.

Type 'Who' or 'Who ingroup' or any variation of the who command and it will automatically display a list of any alts you have added under that persons name.

Please note that the delalt command will only delete the name of that person from other listings if that alt being deleted has the complete list of all the other names associated with that person.

For best results, use the same main character every time for the person you are adding alts to.

WARNING: This trigger setup creates a variable for every character and every alt of every character. If you do not want your variable list to be incredibly long, do not use.

And that is that. Enjoy. :)
Last edited by Kegor on Sun Feb 25, 2007 3:00 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Fri Feb 23, 2007 11:24 am

pretty slick :)
"When a child is born, so is a grandmother."

-Italian Proverb
Kegor
Sojourner

Postby Kegor » Sat Feb 24, 2007 9:16 am

Someone brought it to my attention that an alt deletion method would be good too. That has been edited in above.

Also, if you don't want it to be displayed everytime you type 'who' there are easy ways to modify this. If you post here, I would be more than happy to help you do that if you don't know how to do it yourself.
Inames
Sojourner

Postby Inames » Sun Feb 25, 2007 3:33 am

double post, sorry.
Last edited by Inames on Sun Feb 25, 2007 4:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
[Dru 50] Inames (Grey Elf)
[Rog 50] Ishiras (Grey Elf)
[Enc 50] Aremat (Grey Elf)
[War 50] Amori (Grey Elf)
[Ran 50] Aninen (Grey Elf)
[Ele 50] Itanul (Grey Elf)
[Inv 50] Aleadis (Grey Elf)
[Bar 50] Ashire (Grey Elf)
[Cle 50] Isila (Grey Elf)
My Deviant Art Page
Inames
Sojourner

Postby Inames » Sun Feb 25, 2007 3:34 am

another addition that would be nice is a way of not only adding alt names, but a was of adding the class/lvl of the character as well. ive tried using different symbols to seperate the name,class,lvl like this: char-ele-42, but it only shows -ele-42.
[Dru 50] Inames (Grey Elf)
[Rog 50] Ishiras (Grey Elf)
[Enc 50] Aremat (Grey Elf)
[War 50] Amori (Grey Elf)
[Ran 50] Aninen (Grey Elf)
[Ele 50] Itanul (Grey Elf)
[Inv 50] Aleadis (Grey Elf)
[Bar 50] Ashire (Grey Elf)
[Cle 50] Isila (Grey Elf)
My Deviant Art Page
Kegor
Sojourner

Postby Kegor » Sun Feb 25, 2007 1:03 pm

Right. The simplicity of this trigger revolves around entering only names. Hence the addalt %1 %2 for the main input capture trig. And since each alt name is its own variable, which is the only way to expand a list for each and every alt that is seen on the who list (without making a database or screwing with display stuff), it cannot contain spaces. So even if you do make a cramped version of fitting the class and level in there, it will not trigger on the name when it is displayed with normal mud output. You could possibly modify this display to make everyone on the who list a condensed name/class/level, but that would suck imo.

Ideally speaking, you would want a database setup to handle multiple fields and track and display all of that information you speak of. But that is quite another matter, and quite a bit more complicated. I don't want to bother with all that. So pretty much, these triggers work for names only. :)
Kegor
Sojourner

Postby Kegor » Sun Feb 25, 2007 3:06 pm

Added proper casing. Thanks. :)
Birile
Sojourner

Postby Birile » Mon Feb 26, 2007 5:59 pm

Just have to say, this rocks.

As for adding class/lvl, I had already suggested this to Zoom ingame and he pointed out that it would require a database, and that would mean we would lose his handy dandy EQ database, which is much more integral. :)
Teralyn
Sojourner

Postby Teralyn » Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:33 pm

Just have to say, this rocks.

I second that. It's hard enough to keep my own alts straight, let alone everyone elses. This is fantastic. Thanks for posting it!!

Serraie
Ssnyss
Sojourner

Postby Ssnyss » Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:50 pm

hehe I just mwrite myself lol, list all my alts and where they have storages. I put it in the zmud rooms as well on zmud maps
Birile
Sojourner

Postby Birile » Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:37 pm

But this is to see everyone else's alts. :)

I bet Lilithelle makes prodigious use of this!

Return to “MUD Client Help”