Class Trouble

Scripts and support for your favorite MUD client.
Kordon
Sojourner

Class Trouble

Postby Kordon » Tue Jul 31, 2007 5:29 pm

I am trying to set up a series of classes, triggers, and aliases that will allow me to type in only one command and cause my invoker to go to work on a mob. the way I have it designed I will have a class for each spell, and once it is working this will allow me to easily add newer and better spells, that i'll be getting once every 5 levels. here is what i have for my fireball and minute meteor.

#CLASS {fireball}
#ALIAS nukefire {
#VAR NUKEMOB {%1}
cast 'fireball' @NUKEMOB
}
#TRIGGER {You complete your spell...} {cfb @nukemob}
#TRIGGER {You lost your concentration!} {cfb @nukemob}
#TRIGGER {You don't have that spell memorized.} {
#class minutemeteor 1
cmi @nukemob
say fire off
}
#CLASS 0

#CLASS {minutemeteor}
#TRIGGER {You complete your spell} {cmi @nukemob}
#TRIGGER {You lost your concentration!} {cmi @nukemob}
#TRIGGER {You don't have that spell memorized.} {
#class magicmissile 1
say minute off
cmi @nukemob
} "" {disable}
#TRIGGER {You say 'fire off'} {
#class fireball 0
cmi nukemob
#CLASS 0

the way I have it right now it does, for the most part, work. But the problem I have is that i am unable to turn off the fireball class correctly. the way it is set up is that when it attempts to cast fireball, and the mud replies that i don't have any more, then it says "fire off", casts a minute meteor (which is what the alias cmi does), and turns on the minute meteor class folder. In the minute meteor class is a trigger that is supposed to detect the "you say 'fire off'" and then turn off the fireball class folder. however, when i actually use it, the fireball class will say fire off several times, indicating that it hasn't been turned off. Where is the bug?
Disoputlip
Sojourner

Postby Disoputlip » Tue Jul 31, 2007 6:17 pm

The thing you do, with creating classes inside a trigger is not really something I would recommend.

Instead make all the classes in the beginning, and then enable and disable them with

Code: Select all

#t- fireball

and

Code: Select all

#t+ fireball

Return to “MUD Client Help”