Spawning new windows in zMUD

Scripts and support for your favorite MUD client.
Ragorn
Sojourner

Spawning new windows in zMUD

Postby Ragorn » Sun Aug 03, 2008 5:32 pm

Is it possible to spawn an entirely new window in zMUD? What I want to do is build a group health checker, then put it in a separate window, pin the window (make it always on top), and then move it to the top-right corner of my desktop. I've got a health checker now that creates a new zMUD tab, but it's attached (so it makes my main window smaller).

Am I being clear?
- Ragorn
Shar: Leave the moaning to the people who have real issues to moan about like rangers or newbies.
Corth: Go ask out a chick that doesn't wiggle her poon in people's faces for a living.
Kegor
Sojourner

Re: Spawning new windows in zMUD

Postby Kegor » Sun Aug 03, 2008 6:03 pm

The #WINDOW command is what you're looking for. You can do just about anything you want with that as far as capturing or placing text. Unlike the #CAPTURE command, you can manipulate any of the info you want before it goes there using the full arsenal of Zmud commands and functions.

If you have a more specific question, I could probably help with that also. I use #WINDOW for all of my logging and capturing, mostly for the time stamping and seperate color designations I assign to various types of tells and incoming chat.
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Sun Aug 03, 2008 6:48 pm

Well ok, here's what I'm trying to do.

When I type "group", I want the normal group display, but I want anyone down 100 hp to be highlighted yellow and anyone down 300 hp to be highlighted bright red (let's pretend this is for a MUD that doesn't auto-highlight).

Then, in a separate window, I want a readout of all injured people that looks like this:

Ragorn 290/650 -360 (red)
Gormal 1/231 -230 (yellow)
Jaznolg 480/680 -200 (yellow)

I'm working of the script that kwirl posted a couple months back and trying to modify it, but I'm not very good with zmud.
- Ragorn
Shar: Leave the moaning to the people who have real issues to moan about like rangers or newbies.
Corth: Go ask out a chick that doesn't wiggle her poon in people's faces for a living.
mynazzaraxxsyn
Sojourner

Postby mynazzaraxxsyn » Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:09 pm

I have a question for this one. I'd like a window that displays active spells on me that are added and removed from the window as they're cast and fade. Possibly added as you were and remove protection items too.
Lilithelle stops using a softly throbbing piece of flesh.
Gura group-says 'ill go solo the biznatch, just don't tell Stamm'
Kossuth responds to your petition with 'is it bad that the two words i think of when i see yer title are hottub and cthulhu? :('
Kegor
Sojourner

Postby Kegor » Sat Aug 09, 2008 5:27 am

I just made a nice one for you Ragorn. Going to make a new topic for it so people will be able to find it easier in the future, cuz it kicks ass. 8)
Kegor
Sojourner

Postby Kegor » Sat Aug 09, 2008 6:43 am

mynazzaraxxsyn wrote:I have a question for this one. I'd like a window that displays active spells on me that are added and removed from the window as they're cast and fade. Possibly added as you were and remove protection items too.

This is can be done. It would be much easier to just type 'score' to update the window, as it would only require two triggers and an alias.

What you're talking about would be more work than it's worth, I think. This would require modifications to existing spellout triggers, or new duplicate spellup triggers in a different class. Not to mention the addition of new triggers for the spells being cast on you.

Return to “MUD Client Help”