Anyone use Windows 7 and unable to use CMud or ZMud?

Scripts and support for your favorite MUD client.
Ambar
Sojourner

Anyone use Windows 7 and unable to use CMud or ZMud?

Postby Ambar » Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:11 pm

It let me open ZMud and CMud both once now gives an error box. Access violation at 0x771F8262 (tried to write to 0x00EE0FD0), program terminated. Was able once to make the folders as not hidden and it worked for like one session, now am unable to use either progrms, windows doesn't have a fix yet, something tells me MUD's aren't high on the fix list, damn heathens. Been hankering to play some again and it sucks I can't :( Going to post to Zuggsoft too, but figured I'd ask the gurus here first :)

Thanks

-Jennifer
"When a child is born, so is a grandmother."

-Italian Proverb
Shevarash
FORGER CODER

Re: Anyone use Windows 7 and unable to use CMud or ZMud?

Postby Shevarash » Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:19 pm

Weird. Zuggsoft should be able to helkp, at least with CMUD. Maybe the new CMUD beta will have better luck?
Shevarash -- Code Forger of TorilMUD
Marthammor
Staff Member - Areas
Location: On a Rocky Tor Overlooking a Storm-Ridden Landscape

Postby Marthammor » Thu Jul 09, 2009 3:15 pm

Running the 64 bit version of windows 7 and installed cmud last night. Just opened it again and it seems to be working alright so far. Might try with a clean install. Don't import anything right away. Might also try putting it in a directory outside the recommended one. I usually just install it to C:\cMUD (version number) so I can keep all the different versions separate as I test newer versions.
mynazzaraxxsyn
Sojourner

Postby mynazzaraxxsyn » Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:58 am

There are a couple options for zMUd, first run as admin, second set the folder you installed zmud into as full access for users, third install it in my documents.

I run zmud on Win7 x64 running as admin without a hitch. I had it running on Win7 x86 (RC) as normal user with full r/w options for users on c:\program files\zmud but it doesn't seem to be working in x64. I also haven't done much testing with it this install.
watashi420
Sojourner

Postby watashi420 » Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:05 am

i have windows 7 32bit and after i install zmud, it works once, i can log in and everything. then every time after i get that error. i bet theres a way to fix this somehow. good luck i guess

bizibobble / jorivh
Botef
Sojourner

Postby Botef » Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:29 pm

Did you install Zmud to C:\Zmud\ or to C:\Program Files\Zmud? Often times with Vista or Win7 you need to install Zmud to C:\Zmud\ because of an addressing problem in the executable.
jay
Sojourner

Postby jay » Sat Jul 31, 2010 7:13 am

I installed Zmud successfully, using the current version 7.21, and setting the properties to admin and as Xp Svc pack 2

Return to “MUD Client Help”