Zmud 4.62

Scripts and support for your favorite MUD client.
Sarell
Sojourner

Zmud 4.62

Postby Sarell » Fri Feb 02, 2001 4:52 am

I have heard Shevvy and Gindipple and many
others remark that this is the ONLY version
of zmud.....how come?...

I would like to know but was using the free
one at release time and can't seem to get a
copy of it now? TELL ME MORE PLEASE!

Patrick, Sarell/Ladak/etc
Ruhr
Sojourner

Postby Ruhr » Fri Feb 02, 2001 5:13 am

You can d/l Zmud 4.62 at this URL:

http://shareware.lycos.com/classic/adnl ... _713.shtml

But you'd still have to pay for it after the 30 day evaluation.
Gindipple
Sojourner

Postby Gindipple » Fri Feb 02, 2001 7:10 am

4.62 just happens to be the one I started with. And I'm the type of person that believes in "don't fix it if it ain't broken" Granted there are some bugs in 4.62, I suspect there were a whole new set of bugs in succesive releases. My friend used the version after mine and I didn't like the newer Windows Classes. I program professionally and the trigger/alias section was great in 4.62. I think they added some new concepts in later versions like Temp triggers that I just didn't understand the need for, mine always worked fine.

Gindipple (4.62 for life) easilly worth the reg fee.
Thanks Zugg!
Iaiken
Sojourner

Postby Iaiken » Fri Feb 02, 2001 6:59 pm

HA, ZMUD 6.15 + credit card = hapiness ^-^

Postby Guest » Sun Feb 04, 2001 3:08 am

phptttt! 6.15 has that eLicense thing. For some reason it takes like between 5-15 tries to get Zmud to grab a license when you start it up. Went back to a pre-eLicense version here.

Brando
Caedym
Sojourner

Postby Caedym » Thu Feb 22, 2001 9:20 pm

I used to use zmud 3.62 for a while there, and not until recently did I start using 4.62, well recent as in when 5.wutever was the latest version. I noticed 3.62 is still on the page, but I don't see 4.62, glad I still have it on my puter heh. Wut's ironic is whoever said you have to pay for it after 30 day evaluation. Mine says it's on it's 400th day of evaluation or somestuff, but still loads up and runs like before. Only difference now is when I hit 'evaluate' to boot it up, kinda takes a few minutes. I never installed any hacks for this, so my guess is the evaluation program was bugged when he released this particular version on the day I downloaded. *shrug* anyone else have 4.62 that does this as well?

What makes me sad tho is how I lost over 50 megs in wav files and triggers when I accidentally deleted 3.62 when installing 4.62 back then.. Mudding just hasn't been quite the same without my hundreds of complex triggers with connecting wav files, etc.

Oh well. Chit happens.

My Two Zhents,

Caedym Shadowhock
Gromsharulaz
Sojourner

Postby Gromsharulaz » Fri Feb 23, 2001 7:52 am

*chuckles* And _that_ would be why I think everyone's version of choice is 4.62 :P

Actually I think the popularity of 4.62 stems from the fact that it was really the last version before Zugg did some major code rewriting.

With 5 and 6 he redid windowing, added in the database and plugin support, redid the automapper (huge improvement in my opinion), along with a bunch of other new features, most of which are useless on Toril/Sojourn.

Now that said, go register that thing! It doesn't cost that much and he could use the money.

Gromsharulaz, Ex-extended trial Derro of the Underdark
Tayros
Sojourner

Postby Tayros » Fri Feb 23, 2001 3:56 pm

Actually, 6.15 is the first version of zmud I considered using after 4.62, which kicked ass.

6.15 is very user friendly, I can't image why anyone would want to stay with 4.62 after demo'ing 6.15

IMHO

Tay

OH! and regester that rascal! Image

Return to “MUD Client Help”