gsay Tiamat is phurt!

Scripts and support for your favorite MUD client.
izarek
Sojourner

gsay Tiamat is phurt!

Postby izarek » Fri Mar 09, 2001 3:29 am

Quick question:

How do you set zmud to pick up the enemy name and condition in battle and then spit out things like @enemy is phurt! (only once, of course). I can get zmud to pick the variables off of the screen correctly. I just cannot get zmud to react when the enemy condition (I'm using @EC) reaches "pretty hurt" and trigger the message. Thanks in advance.
Gindipple
Sojourner

Postby Gindipple » Fri Mar 09, 2001 4:15 am

Well you'll need some way to init the trigger when you engage in battle, I use various ones like alias kil over to #T+ MobReport;kill %1

Then MobReport would go something like this:
Pattern: (%w) EC: pretty hurt >
Trigg: #IF {@mob_alert=1} {gsay %1 is pretty hurt};#T+ MobReport2;#T- MobReport

Then the second one
Pattern: (%w) EC: awful >
Trigg: #IF {@mob_alert=1} {gsay %1 is awful};#T- MobReport2

the variable I check is based on a toggle button that I label MobReportOn and MobReportOff

If you use %1 in place of the %w above you can say things like vampire of the warrior is phurt. With the %w it would just show up as warrior is phurt.

Another one you might want to alias over is something for assist, I use a group assist alias, it's a little more than what you probably need. But you might try alias as -> ass %1

Gindipple.
izarek
Sojourner

Postby izarek » Sat Mar 10, 2001 12:38 am

thanks gindipple!
Wobb
Sojourner

Postby Wobb » Sat Mar 10, 2001 8:44 am

As a believer in simplicity, or for those who didn't follow the above post(s) just type the following in your command line in zmud. (That's the big white line at the botton of the screen where you type) Image

Note: I haven't played sojourn in a while so you may have to check the spacing on some of the actual output..but it should be close.

If you just want to 'gsay pretty hurt' and you don't care about the mob names etc...type these two commands

#ac {EC: pretty} {gsay pretty hurt;#t- pretty;#t+ awful} {pretty}

#ac {EC: awful} {gsay awful;#t- awful;#t+ pretty} {awful}

That should do it. Now if you want to say the mob names, based on the enemy name listed in the E: (whatever)..then use these 2 commands:

#ac {E: %1 EC: pretty} {gsay %1 is pretty hurt;#t- pretty;#t+ awful} {pretty}

#ac {E: %1 EC: awful} {gsay %1 is awful;#t- awful;#t+ pretty} {awful}

Enjoy!

Wobb

Return to “MUD Client Help”