Pretty hurt! Awful!

Scripts and support for your favorite MUD client.
Ssarra
Sojourner

Pretty hurt! Awful!

Postby Ssarra » Thu Jul 19, 2001 6:13 pm

Being code dumb, I can't write the triggers for calling mob status. I don't know how to end the trig so it fires only once, and all that. Could someone share their set with me? I like the ones that call out mob name too.

Ssarra
Kuurg
Sojourner

Postby Kuurg » Thu Jul 19, 2001 6:23 pm

there are a couple different ways you can handle it...one way would be to create a trigger class that is enabled when you enter combat and turns itself off after it fires. another option is to have it always on, turns itself off when firing and re-enabled upon 'you receive your share of the experience' or something like that. here's an idea

#tr "phtrig" {^< T: %w TC: * E: (%w) EC: pretty hurt>} {gsay %1 is ph;#T- phtrig}

what that *should* do (i haven't tested it) is gsay when mob hits ph then turn itself off. you'd have to have another trigger or alias turn it back on again (see comment about share of experience trigger)
Ssarra
Sojourner

Postby Ssarra » Thu Jul 19, 2001 6:34 pm

#T is like a terminate trigger?
Kuurg
Sojourner

Postby Kuurg » Thu Jul 19, 2001 6:38 pm

#T- triggername will disable triggername whereas #T+ triggername will enable it.

[This message has been edited by Kuurg (edited 07-19-2001).]
Zrax
Sojourner

Postby Zrax » Thu Jul 19, 2001 6:38 pm

need to add
#tr {R.I.P.} {#T+ phtrig}
to turn it back on when the mob dies
Gindipple
Sojourner

Postby Gindipple » Thu Jul 19, 2001 6:39 pm

Here's some psuedo code of the one I use:

Note less triggers on normally to reduce zmud parsing.
Nasty Trigger off by default.
Pretty Hurt Trigger off by default.
Awful Trigger off by default.

Engage combat turns on Nasty trigger.
EC: nasty > turns on Pretty Hurt trigger, turns off Nasty Trigger.
E: mobname EC: pretty hurt > gsays mobname is pretty hurt, turns on Awful Trigger, and turns off Pretty Hurt Trigger.
E: mobname EC: awful > gsays mobname is awful, turns off Awful Trigger.

If you don't like the Nasty trigger turning on via engage, you could leave it on all the time, but I like as many of my triggers turned off by default and turned on by an alias do do something or by a button.

Speaking of buttons, I also have in my Nasty trigger a check to see if my mob report button is on before proceding with the rest of the triggers.
ssar
Sojourner

Postby ssar » Fri Jul 20, 2001 5:27 am

I have a simple auto ph trigger set, which uses 1 alias, 2 triggers, and a button (so I can only have it on when I want to).
It doesn't use the mob name, but it could be modified quite easy I beleive to do so.

1) The 1st thing I did was crate an alias:
alias name: "ph"
commands: "gsay It's pretty hurt..".

I can thus manually enter "ph" at any time if I like, and my auto ph trigger uses this alias also.

2) The 1st trigger I created is this:
class: "phtrig"
pattern: "EC: pretty hurt>"
command: "ph;#T- phtrig"

This trigger, whilst on, looks for the pattern "EC: pretty hurt>", then enters "ph" (my alias shown above), and then turns itself off with the "#T- phtrig" command
(so that it doesnt fire on every line therafter which has "EC: pretty hurt>" in it).

3) The 2nd trigger I created is this:
class: "phon"
pattern: "You receive your share of experience."
command: "#T+ phtrig"

This trigger, whilst on, looks for the pattern "You receive your share of experience.", then turns on the "phtrig" trigger class (so that when the next mob I fight gets to ph, I will again fire my "ph" alias once)

4) Almost all of my triggers are off by default - in zmud 4.62 you go to Triggers-->Options then tick the Disabled box under "When Loaded".
I turn them on via buttons I have created, as I wish.

5) So the button for my auto ph triggers is:
toggle is ticked
off caption: "autoPH off"
on caption: "autoPH ON"
on command: "#T+ phon;#T+ phtrig"
off command: "#T- phon;#T- phtrig"

To incorporate a mob name thats ph, you'd forget the alias, and modify my trigger #1 pattern "EC: pretty hurt>" to look like "E: (%w) EC: pretty hurt>" and modify the command to look like "gsay %1 is pretty hurt;#T- phtrig" like Kuurg said, or something.

On with the hunt...

Mogr.
Xyd
Sojourner

Postby Xyd » Sat Jul 21, 2001 4:31 pm

Gin is right on except if a mob skips from Few Wounds to Phurt or awful. You should enable nasty/phurt/awful triggers all at once either after RIP or at battle start. Then, nasty should disable itself, phurt should disable itself (and possibly nasty), and awful should disable all status trigs.

I personally have a button that sets AutoReport to 1 if I'm reporting status, and 0 if not. Then at battlestart I can enable or disable based on that variable. Battleon looks like this:

#if (@battle = 0) {
#T+ Battle
#T+ BattleSpam
cg
#if (@doingExp) {#T+ battlesocials}
#if (@iAmPrimaryTank) {#T+ fullrescue} {#T- fullrescue}
#T+ BasicRescue
#if (@iAmPrimaryBasher) {SetBashWatch}
#if (@autobash) {#T+ autobash}
#if (@autoreport) {
#T+ ReportPH
#T+ ReportAwf
}
#T- Peace
battle=1
}

.xyd
Sot
Sojourner

Postby Sot » Fri Sep 14, 2001 8:53 pm

I have my pretty hurt trigger working fine. When I try to make a duplicate one for awful, it does not seem to turn off like the phurt one does.

Class: phtrig
trigger: E: (%w) E: (%w) EC: pretty hurt
action gsa %1 is pretty hurt;#T- phtrig

class: awftrig
trig: EC: awful
action: gsa Awful!!;#T- awftrig

I turn both on when I gain experience..

Any ideas why the ph works and the awful one does not?

-Sot
Gindipple
Sojourner

Postby Gindipple » Fri Sep 14, 2001 9:04 pm

They seem ok, I'd check spelling on the turn on section to make sure the classes match. Also I would suggest you rather turn them on when you see nasty instead of at the end of a battle. This would leave the triggers in an off state more than an on state. And could allow more cpu for other things.
Xyd
Sojourner

Postby Xyd » Fri Sep 14, 2001 10:01 pm

Class named "ReportNas", enable this when battle begins:
#TRIGGER {EC: nasty} {gsa Nasty!;#T- ReportNas}

Class named "ReportPH", enable this when battle begins:
#TRIGGER {EC: pretty hurt} {gsa PH!;#T- ReportNas;#T- ReportPH}

Class named "ReportAwf", enable this when battle begins:
#TRIGGER {EC: awful} {gsa Awful!!;#T- ReportAwf;#T- ReportPH;#T-ReportNas}

Now if an enemy jumps from FW to Awful or if you join a battle where the mob is already PH, you'll still report. If you need a trigger to enable these at the start of a battle, use:

#TRIGGER {TC:} {#T+ ReportNas;#T+ ReportPH;#T+ ReportAwf}

.xyd
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Tue Oct 16, 2001 7:58 pm

Sot,

In some versions of Zmud, punctuation can mess with semicolons..i.e. they might not put the #T- on a new line.
Sylvos
Sojourner

Postby Sylvos » Tue Oct 16, 2001 8:05 pm

I tried to make a little rp-type alias the other nite, and Zmud had an issue with exclamation marks in the action. I'd guess you have a similar problem.

In languages like SQL you can get around punctuation issues by various means - can anyone tell me if zmud has similar avoidance code methods?

Sylvos
Gindipple
Sojourner

Postby Gindipple » Tue Oct 16, 2001 8:28 pm

In zmud 4.62 the default escape char is the "~"
Mairus
Sojourner

Postby Mairus » Wed Oct 17, 2001 9:33 am

Wow, this is all great and all...but does
anyone here actually use Portal, or have tried it, and can compare with me the difference between Portal and Zmud...

*The search continutes*
Gindipple
Sojourner

Postby Gindipple » Wed Oct 17, 2001 6:04 pm

I went to the web site and looked at every page.
Thought the site was very well put together and the program itself looked very comparable to zmud.
I've been using zmud 4.62 for 4 years now and it works fine for me, so need desire to switch really.
The one thing that worried me on his web site is the blurbs about it being a Borland Product.
I used to live by Borland stuff, but in todays market I'd have to say if you're building something to run on Windows, MSVC is probably the way to go.
On his web site he hinted at problems with the database that held the program together, that concerned me some.

The mapper looked pretty neat on it thoguh.
Vipplin
Sojourner

Postby Vipplin » Thu Oct 18, 2001 7:55 am

I have tank, tank condition, mob, mob condition, and my hit points constantly updated each round into variables. I also maintain what the conditions were LAST round. If the mob's condition is PH now, and wasn't last round, I say "mob is PH", same for awful. It always works. You can use the same method to report tank condition if you are so inclined.

Unconventional but effective. I use those variables for lots of things. I can thus have an alias RT for rescue tank that automatically rescues whoever is tanking. The same goes for CCCT cast cure crit tank. There are many uses for having this information captured that I have found.

Vadian

Return to “MUD Client Help”