Thyrm Proc - Rapscallion

Scripts and support for your favorite MUD client.
Snizzle
Sojourner

Thyrm Proc - Rapscallion

Postby Snizzle » Sun Dec 23, 2001 1:45 pm

Wondering if anyone has logged the Thyrm "freeze" proc. I wanna add some things to highlight PC targets.

On a side note: if anyone here uses Rapscallion (I know of two others), I have written quite a few Enchanter routines for it.

Some features:

Windows: Main Mud, Communications.

The communications windows has echos of all gsays added to hit and tells. Also any highlights or echos get added to it and colorized by a priority system.

It handles glance stoning on 4 tanks. You can either use a auto-stone feature, or have it stuff a variable on glance if that person is un-stoned, then manually stone. (thanks folur for kicking my ass)

Spellups for up to 8 hitters and tanks - adding those players through another variable display/window. You can see your target names at all times.

Many looters, for groups, eq only, coins only etc.

Time out ticker, editor for msg boards.

Sounds like boting! but it is far from it. Most my stuff is re-arranging mud display to make it easier for a chanter to see whats going on in battle. Auto, and manual spell modes are toggled.

Gimme a yell if you want a little help doing something similar in Rap!

Snizz

About 98 gags so you dont have to peer through mucho battle spam to see your spell targets.

Synth speach on all your important triggers - stone out, haste out, blur out. Also all leader gsays or tells are both echoed to the commo window and done in synth speach,
Gindipple
Sojourner

Postby Gindipple » Sun Dec 23, 2001 11:04 pm

encasing (%w) in a solid block of ice!

where %w can be you are another persons name.
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Tue Dec 25, 2001 2:48 am

omg sniz, you are turning Soj into a 3d experience with audio! Heh...
Snizzle
Sojourner

Postby Snizzle » Tue Dec 25, 2001 1:38 pm

If you have ever played with a mac, speach synth works right out of the box with almost all programs. I even have a surly pirate captain voice for Touk's leader commands! Image
Jorus
Sojourner

Postby Jorus » Mon Dec 31, 2001 2:27 am

Snizzle,

Could I get you to post a link to a decent rapscallion scripting guide? We've had inqueries, and the "official" helpfile available on the web seems a little deficient.

Feel free to post your various scripts, as I know there are quite a few mac mudders out there.

We'll have to appoint you official Sojourn3 Rapscallion Guru or something. *grin*

Regards,
Jorus
Snizzle
Sojourner

Postby Snizzle » Tue Jan 01, 2002 1:35 am

Jorus,

Rapscallion is no longer active. The authors have stopped working on it and can not be reached. It's dead Jim!

You prolly found the ONLY manual. it sucks. There are no forums I can find.

It is however still the best Mud Client for Mac's. There are a couple of new ones that are in the introduction stages. None have even the simple functionality of Rap.

Then again Rap doesnt hold a candle to Zmud. No math functions. Some variable functions dont work or were never improved upon. Pattern matching is a bit flaky etc. Lacks most the functions and commands.

New Macs run OSX - a combo is of Mac and Unix type BSD. If I had this before I would have never started with Rap and loaded tinyfugue. Nokie once gave me scripts for TF long ago and I liked it. Nokie is okie with TF.

For chanters Rap works very well, because it naturally pops up windows that contain all your variables and such. Just click the vairable - add a tanks name. boom yer done. You also have a visual aid. It does a better job at gagging, and has a simple way to highlight text. You can actually use one trigger that highlights text, runs a script, and does speach - instead of 3. Its also faster than zmud.

There is no good way to import/export scripts. Rap uses one large config file that contains all its info.

If anyone is interested I will post mine in a public download area. Its compiled so you can only look at ir if you run Rap.

I will answer any questions I can.

Ramble over! plz drive through!

Snizz

Return to “MUD Client Help”