OSX Info Please

Scripts and support for your favorite MUD client.
Gormal
Sojourner

OSX Info Please

Postby Gormal » Wed Sep 04, 2002 6:42 pm

Need to know about mud clients on OSX new computer will be here soon and gotta be ready! can i run zmud on it? is tf worth my time to learn? what the deal!

------------------
Gormal Stoneforge -Hammerstrike-

"Forward Mithrilguard!"
Alomlim
Sojourner

Postby Alomlim » Wed Sep 04, 2002 8:39 pm

I've tried Rapscallion and Tinyfugue on OSX. You can't run ZMUD without weird emulators as far as I know.

Tinyfugue is free, but no pretty maps. However, Nokie's freely downloadable TF scripts are a good starting base for the monkey-see monkey-do mudder like myself... no one's posted zillions of rapscallion scripts, so my vote is for TF.

Altho if it's just muddin', you may wanna stick with the computer/software you're already comfy with eh?

------------------
-Alomlim
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Fri Sep 06, 2002 2:52 pm

ok cool... nokie needs to post some info here! also...gimme some info about the emulators...gonna look into all options.

------------------
Gormal Stoneforge -Hammerstrike-

"Forward Mithrilguard!"
Elseenas
Sojourner

Postby Elseenas » Tue Sep 17, 2002 11:03 am

TF is the way to go on MacOS X.

It compiles straight out of the box.

------------------
Elseenas of No House Worth Mentioning
Orvik
Sojourner

Postby Orvik » Wed Oct 02, 2002 12:00 am

Been using rapscallion for years, only problem is that it isnt a osx native app so I've done some looking for something that is but had no real luck. TF is great if you like the command line, otherwise look at raps, savitar, or cantrip (which is currently being developed, too unstable for my taste atm)
By emulators i suppose they mean stuff like SoftWindows but you might as well just buy a 2nd machine for windows, tends to be cheaper and more compatible. I've been using a 2 machine set-up for about 5 years and if you watch what you buy (graphics cars etc) its easy enough to salvage parts anytime you upgrade to a new machine. the latest version of osx also allows for seemless windows-osx networking using a microsoft protocal

------------------
Lasar
Sojourner

Postby Lasar » Tue Oct 08, 2002 12:12 am

Rapscallion is an awesome client only drawback is that so far I haven't figured out how to make aliases work. If anyone wants triggers for stuff just ask and I'll try and help!

Lasar "Damn OS 8.1"
Orvik
Sojourner

Postby Orvik » Wed Oct 30, 2002 3:55 am

Raps aliases:

In the box after command put in the alias text, such as heal
under script put in the text for the commands, such as
gsay healing %1
c 'heal' %1

%0 to use everything entered after the alias
or %1 %2 etc to use first word, second etc

This is the simplest form, more complex stuff is also doable

------------------
Agela
Sojourner

Postby Agela » Thu Nov 07, 2002 1:08 am

I have used Tinyfuge and Rapscallion .. Rapscallion is really cool but as far as i know there will never be a native OsX version. There is however a new client out called Cantrip and it is being developed now but works .. it takes a little brainpower to get it running however and they are still developing it further .. It will be interesting to see what it does in the future. Keep your eye on it.

Return to “MUD Client Help”