tintin condition caller

Scripts and support for your favorite MUD client.
Salira
Sojourner

tintin condition caller

Postby Salira » Thu Jan 30, 2003 3:51 am

Does anyone have a script for a condition caller in tintin? If someone does and could post I would appreciate it.
Salira
Sojourner

Postby Salira » Fri Jan 31, 2003 12:52 am

Well I finally got one that seems to be working Image. It's not too bad and I'm sure I can improve on it Image
Nassis
Sojourner

Postby Nassis » Sat Feb 01, 2003 10:37 pm

In case anyone else wants one... "callcond+" turns it on.

#var callcond 0
#al callcond+ {#var callcond 1}
#al callcond- {#var callcond 0}
#ac {< T: %0 TC: %1 E: %2 EC: %3 P:} {#var tanker $0;#var enemy $2;#var lastecond $econd;#var econd $3;#if {$callcond>0} {#ifstreq {$lastecond} {$econd} {#nop} {#ifstreq {pretty hurt} {$econd} {gsay $enemy is $econd} {#ifstreq {awful} {$econd} {gsay $enemy is $econd}}}}}
Salira
Sojourner

Postby Salira » Sun Feb 02, 2003 12:04 am

Nassis, I tried this one and got extra 4 lines of code appearing on my screen for each prompt which appeared. Is there a way to suppress that? I know #echo turns off showing when actions are being triggered, is there a command for turning off when variables are being set?

The one I created is a bit sloppy but is as follows....

#alias {awf} {gsay awful}
#alias {awf2} {#action {EC: awful} {awf;#unaction {EC: awful}}}
#alias {ph} {gsay pretty hurt}
#alias {ph2} {#action {EC: pretty hurt} {ph;#unaction {EC: pretty hurt}})
#action {EC: pretty hurt} {ph;#unaction {EC: pretty hurt}}
#action {EC: awful} {awf;#unaction {EC: awful}} {5}
#action {share of experience} {#action {EC: pretty hurt} {ph;#unaction {EC: pretty hurt}};#action {EC: awful} {awf;#unaction {EC: awful}}} {5}

Like I said sloppy but it works... Ok here are what the aliases are for.
awf - in case I was spellcasting when it triggered and the tank is seriously bash lagged.
awf2 - turns on awful action (used in action below)
ph - same as awf but for pretty hurt
ph2 - same as awf2 except for pretty hurt

The first 2 actions are there so when you read your file it is automagically ready to trigger.
You could just as easily add these two to an alias to turn them on and off.
The last action I chose to reset everything when I got experience. This is the really sloppy part as it assumes I will be in the room gaining experience and didn't flee out right before hand. Again this is where the ph2 and awf2 aliases could come in handy, or even just another alias to call both of those.

If anyone can help me improve this system, I would appreciate it. I find myself often calling in groups so that the enchanter or invoker don't miss out on exp when the tank is bash lagged.
Salira
Lenefir
Sojourner

Postby Lenefir » Sun Feb 02, 2003 7:59 am

Hmm... Will this reduce the "spam"?

#message {variables} off

I thought most of them were turned off already though, so it might be something else that is your problem... Or perhaps it was most of them is turned on as default... :?

Code: Select all

format:        #message {type}

This will toggle off and on the messages dealing with a certain type of
command.  The possible message types are alias, action, antisub, sub
variable, and highlight.  This is very helpful if you are using
#math and #if, and setting a lot of variables, so you don't keep getting
the Variable Set messages.

example:
#message {variable}
toggles whether messages dealing with variables will be shown.

But... I found your solution was much easier to understand than Nassis' after reading both of them only once, so if it works, why change it? (Suppose the other would have been easier to read if tintin actually could understand if closing braces wasn't on the same line as the beginning braces... *shrug*)
"Being God isn't easy. If you do too much, people get dependent on you; and if you do nothing, they lose hope. You have to use a light touch [...]. When you do things right, people won't be sure you have done anything at all"
--Futurama
Salira
Sojourner

Postby Salira » Sun Feb 02, 2003 5:45 pm

Ah cool thanks. #message {variables} off worked like a charm.

The one I made is similar to the logic behind a couple of the scripts for zmud that I saw so I did my best to copy it into tintin logic. I'm sure there are better or even that it can be improved but it has been working well for me.
Salira

Return to “MUD Client Help”