safe for work picture

Life, the universe, and everything.
Forum rules
- No personal attacks against players or staff members - please be civil!
- No posting of mature images/links, keep content SFW. If it's NSFW, don't post it on these forums.
Ruxur
Sojourner

safe for work picture

Postby Ruxur » Mon Apr 14, 2008 9:29 pm

(Image removed by Shar by request of several people, staff included)
Cofen group-says 'wtf, why am i missing a cursed khanjari?'
Alendar group-says 'i r rednek i can only afford the monitor i have mud on and the broken monitor under it'
Nonox tells you 'i think someone casted 'power word gay' on pril'
Malacar ASSOC:: 'must... mp...soon...underwear...cringing...at...oncoming...onslaught...'
Kifle
Sojourner

Re: safe for work picture

Postby Kifle » Mon Apr 14, 2008 9:52 pm

Lol, that's probably one of the funniest things I've seen in a while.
Fotex group-says 'Behold! penis!'

Kifle puts on his robe and wizard hat.

Thalidyrr tells you 'Yeah, you know, getting it like a jackhammer wears you out.'

Teflor "You can beat a tank with a shovel!!1!1!!one!!1!uno!!"
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:18 pm

You guys are messed up.
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.
Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
Teyaha
Sojourner

Postby Teyaha » Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:31 pm

i would love to meet the guy who makes all of these. they are genius
Ruxur
Sojourner

Postby Ruxur » Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:09 pm

Teyaha wrote:Image

i would love to meet the guy who makes all of these. they are genius

diy.despair.com
Cofen group-says 'wtf, why am i missing a cursed khanjari?'

Alendar group-says 'i r rednek i can only afford the monitor i have mud on and the broken monitor under it'

Nonox tells you 'i think someone casted 'power word gay' on pril'

Malacar ASSOC:: 'must... mp...soon...underwear...cringing...at...oncoming...onslaught...'
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Fri Apr 18, 2008 3:29 am

[Image Removed]

Fully clothed. Safe for work, right?

[No. - Shevarash]
Having said all that, the situation has been handled, so this thread is pretty much at an end. -Kossuth

Goddamned slippery mage.
Yasden
Sojourner

Postby Yasden » Sat Apr 26, 2008 3:35 am

I never knew Corth was female.
Support Your Addiction! Vote for TorilMUD Today!

Top Mud Sites: http://www.topmudsites.com/cgi-bin/topmuds/rankem.cgi?id=shev

Why Nerox is jealous of me:

Nerox tells you 'man this thing is kicking my ass and i have blisters!'
Nerox tells you 'ok attempting it again put tape on my fingers for easier sliding'
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Sat Apr 26, 2008 9:34 pm

[Image Removed]

[Not sure where you work, but grown men in their underwear is not appropriate where I am employed. -- Shevarash]
teflor the ranger
Sojourner

Postby teflor the ranger » Mon Apr 28, 2008 3:09 am

Teflor does. Teflor does not.
Shevarash
FORGER CODER

Postby Shevarash » Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:59 pm

If you want to post a picture that's potentially NSFW and you're not sure, please post a link instead of the picture itself and preface it with NSFW.

Thanks!
Shevarash -- Code Forger of TorilMUD
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:32 pm

Are you seriously censoring the Maxler image? NSFW is typically R-rated stuff. If you're browsing a game forum at work, I don't think they're gonna care about a fat guy in his undies. I hope you don't bring a newspaper to work and a bra ad falls out or you might get fired.

Read the original thread.
Shevarash
FORGER CODER

Postby Shevarash » Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:44 pm

It's a well known fact that HR departments do not possess senses of humor.

The Maxler picture violates both of the forum rules posted at the top of this page, and so I removed it. I am sorry if you disagree, but I stand by that decision.
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:50 pm

Taking the moral high ground about professionalism while browsing a game forum at work...

Edit: I also enjoy how its more appropriate to make fun of retards, famine-starved countries, etc as long as everyone is wearing clothes.
Shevarash
FORGER CODER

Postby Shevarash » Tue Apr 29, 2008 12:51 am

It's not my intention to take any sort of high ground, moral or otherwise. I removed two images that I found to be NSFW and explained why I did it. I don't understand why you would choose to be combative about it, or why you would make assumptions about where I'm posting and what is or isn't allowed at my place of work. I apologize if I've done something to offend you or your sensibilities, as it wasn't my intention.

For the record, I think most of the pictures in this thread are in poor taste. I agree that what our society finds objectionable is often ridiculous, but that's a much bigger issue than this thread...
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Tue Apr 29, 2008 1:33 am

I think my irritation is caused by the sudden change in forum policies. You may say that these rules have always been in place, but they haven't been remotely enforced for years. The fact that you hadn't read a thread with 15,000 views really shows me that you're just out of touch with the forums. Those of us who have been active here even while not playing have grown accustomed to things and now you're throwing your weight around after getting mad at the string of posts that went up before the bbs upgrade.

I suppose its good that at least your attention is directed here again. Maybe its time for an independent party to set up forums for those of us who don't have children on our laps while we slaughter prostitutes.
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Tue Apr 29, 2008 3:35 am

Corth wrote:[Image Removed]

Fully clothed. Safe for work, right?

[No. - Shevarash]

I like Shev's response :)
Having said all that, the situation has been handled, so this thread is pretty much at an end. -Kossuth

Goddamned slippery mage.
Shevarash
FORGER CODER

Postby Shevarash » Tue Apr 29, 2008 4:42 am

I had thought that clearing out this entire forum and adding bright red text to the top of it was a pretty clear indication that the rules would be enforced again. It's true that they were lax for too long, but that's our fault and I'm trying to rectify it. I really don't get anything out of it, and it's definitely not fun to throw my weight around and deal with the inevitable backlash. I do it because many people had asked for these forums to be cleaned up, and honestly, I really do want this game and forums to be appropriate for younger players.

I'm not going to censor the content of your posts or put word filters in - all I ask is that you keep the images clean and refrain from excessive flaming. I don't even care if you put up links to potentially offensive images so long as they're labeled as such.

Those rules don't seem unreasonable to me. I'm sorry if you find them otherwise. I'm open to more discussion on the subject.
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Tue Apr 29, 2008 4:44 am

Why are you open on this subject? Lock the post and tell Gormal to STFU. That's what i'd do. Can I be a forum moderator.

Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Tue Apr 29, 2008 4:45 am

btw the op was in very bad taste. the image is just plain fucked up.

shalath
Sojourner

Postby shalath » Tue Apr 29, 2008 6:43 am

Dalar wrote:btw the op was in very bad taste. the image is just plain fucked up.

This I strongly agree with. Seriously, I'd like to see that first image removed if anything.

(Posted while working in Pretoria, South Africa. This really isn't a laughing matter.)
[Profile edited by Board Admin. If you can't be civil, we'll fix it for you. -ed]
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Tue Apr 29, 2008 3:14 pm

Here's a picture we can all agree on:

- Ragorn
Shar: Leave the moaning to the people who have real issues to moan about like rangers or newbies.
Corth: Go ask out a chick that doesn't wiggle her poon in people's faces for a living.
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Tue Apr 29, 2008 6:29 pm

Dalar wrote:btw the op was in very bad taste. the image is just plain fucked up.

From a /b/tard? Somethings up. Why don't people stop being such whiny bitches and just don't read a thread if you don't like it. Is its existence really traumatizing you that much? Are you that sensitive that we need to treat the forums like fucking Carealot? Get over yourself you self-righteous whiners and if something offends you just don't bother with it.

I've got buddies who died face down in the muck so that you and I couldn't enjoy this family MUD.
Last edited by Gormal on Tue Apr 29, 2008 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Tue Apr 29, 2008 6:43 pm

Just because I read /b/ doesn't mean I post in it nor do I agree with all the jokes. If it was a picture of Torkur and it said something about a Fianna mask I'd probably laugh. Poor kids and them not having food is not funny at all. Despite popular belief, I do have morals.

Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Tue Apr 29, 2008 6:48 pm

Can we just have a grown up forum that says "May be offensive to small children and Planeteers."? Then you guys can go back to your sandbox without us trying to make castles in it, and thus disturbing your zen or whatever we seem to do.
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Tue Apr 29, 2008 6:53 pm

Gormal wrote:

Is its existence really traumatizing you that much? Are you that sensitive that we need to treat the forums like fucking Carealot? Get over yourself you self-righteous whiners and if something offends you just don't bother with it.

I've got buddies who died face down in the muck so that you and I couldn't enjoy this family MUD.

LOL says the person whos in Shadows of Imphras.

Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Tue Apr 29, 2008 6:55 pm

Gormal wrote:Can we just have a grown up forum that says "May be offensive to small children and Planeteers."? Then you guys can go back to your sandbox without us trying to make castles in it, and thus disturbing your zen or whatever we seem to do.

No, because Shevarash isn't going to police that shit and probably doens't want to associate the MUD with this kind of shit. It's a familyMUD. Carebear stare this noob guys!

teflor the ranger
Sojourner

Postby teflor the ranger » Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:18 pm

I love it how when people offend 33% of the population, they always manage to pretend to be surprised when one of the 33% have the power to do something about it.
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:27 pm

teflor the ranger wrote:I love it how when people offend 33% of the population, they always manage to pretend to be surprised when one of the 33% have the power to do something about it.

What are you talking about? Where does anyone show surprise that Shevarash has the power to do something about it, and there's been no doubt for weeks that he's part of this magical 33% that you somehow came up with. I'm 95% sure that you're legally retarded (see I can make up numbers so my arguments sound valid too).

Its not a matter of anyone having power, its a matter of how they're using it.
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Tue Apr 29, 2008 11:46 pm

Gormal wrote:
teflor the ranger wrote:I love it how when people offend 33% of the population, they always manage to pretend to be surprised when one of the 33% have the power to do something about it.

What are you talking about? Where does anyone show surprise that Shevarash has the power to do something about it, and there's been no doubt for weeks that he's part of this magical 33% that you somehow came up with. I'm 95% sure that you're legally retarded (see I can make up numbers so my arguments sound valid too).

God I knew you were a noob. 95%? I'm 100% sure. L2play

Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Wed Apr 30, 2008 12:52 am

Quoting teflor is NSFW as reading his posts causes one's brain to seize due to reading such stupidity and subsequently causes one to be incapable of performing job duties for variable periods of time. Also, it is more of an affront to humanity than the starving kid picture. I demand intervention!
Fotex group-says 'Behold! penis!'

Kifle puts on his robe and wizard hat.

Thalidyrr tells you 'Yeah, you know, getting it like a jackhammer wears you out.'

Teflor "You can beat a tank with a shovel!!1!1!!one!!1!uno!!"
teflor the ranger
Sojourner

Postby teflor the ranger » Wed Apr 30, 2008 1:25 am

Gormal wrote:

Yeah, but your ideas are crap and no one gets your jokes.
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Wed Apr 30, 2008 1:43 am

Oh no guys I got insulted by Teflor, do I:

Return flame (page 25)
Post humorous link (page 11)
Donate money for retarded kids (page 44)
Bait (continue to next paragraph)

Is that all you got Tef? Really? You're a half step past "I know you are but what am I?" right now.
Last edited by Gormal on Wed Apr 30, 2008 2:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Wed Apr 30, 2008 2:46 am

Kifle wrote:Quoting teflor is NSFW as reading his posts causes one's brain to seize due to reading such stupidity and subsequently causes one to be incapable of performing job duties for variable periods of time. Also, it is more of an affront to humanity than the starving kid picture. I demand intervention!

Forum rules

Shev, please delete Kifle's violation.

Goddamned slippery mage.
teflor the ranger
Sojourner

Postby teflor the ranger » Wed Apr 30, 2008 6:08 am

Gormal wrote:Oh no guys I got insulted by Teflor, do I:

Return flame (page 25)
Post humorous link (page 11)
Donate money for retarded kids (page 44)
Bait (continue to next paragraph)

Is that all you got Tef? Really? You're a half step past "I know you are but what am I?" right now.

Good for you. How boring.

Gormal wrote:I'm 95% sure that you're legally retarded (see I can make up numbers so my arguments sound valid too).

Oh no guys I got insulted first by TeflorGormal, do I:

Return flame (page 25)
Post humorous lame (page 11)
Donate money for retarded lame (page 44)
lame(continue to next paragraph)

Get over yourself Gormal. Especially when you insulted me first.
Last edited by teflor the ranger on Wed Apr 30, 2008 6:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
teflor the ranger
Sojourner

Postby teflor the ranger » Wed Apr 30, 2008 6:13 am

Corth wrote:
Kifle wrote:Quoting teflor is NSFW as reading his posts causes one's brain to seize due to reading such stupidity and subsequently causes one to be incapable of performing job duties for variable periods of time. Also, it is more of an affront to humanity than the starving kid picture. I demand intervention!

Forum rules

Shev, please delete Kifle's violation.

It's ok Corth. He doesn't mean to insult me, he's just describing neurological symptoms of his mental disorder. I think I have a diagnosis and it may be treatable. Oh, if only he could read my posts. I can HELP this man. Previous "mirror" strategy may not have helped, but maybe if he realizes that he's only getting back what he gives. Hmm. Let's go for "informed mirror" strategy!
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Wed Apr 30, 2008 7:17 am

Ooh I think I see what you did there... you replaced some of my words with "lame" right? Oh man that's good. After I finish raging at the full moon I'll try to think up a good comeback for that one.

"You're retarded"... "Well then you're lame!" is yet another PeeWee comeback.
teflor the ranger
Sojourner

Postby teflor the ranger » Wed Apr 30, 2008 7:28 am

Gormal wrote:Ooh I think I see what you did there... you replaced some of my words with "lame" right? Oh man that's good. After I finish raging at the full moon I'll try to think up a good comeback for that one.

"You're retarded"... "Well then you're lame!" is yet another PeeWee comeback.

Appropriate considering the target. So boring.
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Wed Apr 30, 2008 7:30 am

Because dismissing it will make your shitty comebacks less pathetic.

<teflorresponse>IGNORANCE</teflorresponse>
teflor the ranger
Sojourner

Postby teflor the ranger » Wed Apr 30, 2008 7:32 am

Gormal wrote:Because dismissing it will make your shitty comebacks less pathetic.

<teflorresponse>IGNORANCE</teflorresponse>

*snore
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Wed Apr 30, 2008 7:38 am

Oh snap we've got a Teflor one-liner. Hopefully no one searches Gameplay Discussion for posts relating to your deep insight of the game.
teflor the ranger
Sojourner

Postby teflor the ranger » Wed Apr 30, 2008 7:41 am

edit: fudge it, you had the first word, have the last word.
Shar
FORGER ADMIN

Postby Shar » Wed Apr 30, 2008 3:15 pm

This thread was locked by Shar
Shar - Forger Administrator, TorilMUD

Brandobaris : (51) [ would a forgotten realms zombie be interested in brains? ]

Shevarash tells you 'Never gonna give you up, never gonna let you down..... groan'
Shevarash
FORGER CODER

Postby Shevarash » Wed Apr 30, 2008 3:58 pm

Ok, that's about enough of that. All users who posted personal attacks in this thread have been warned, and the thread will be locked. A few parting thoughts:

1) I think the rules for this forum are really quite reasonable. If you want to post adult pictures there are plenty of other forums for that, but we can't allow it here.

2) Don't confuse my personal tastes with the forum rules. This is not some attempt by me to enforce my standards on everyone else. To be honest, nothing posted here has offended me personally, as I've got a pretty thick skin. I don't enjoy moderating the forums and having to be the killjoy, but it needs to be done so I do it.

3) These rules are intended to be for the good of the MUD and these forums. I humbly submit that the user base at large's right to browse these forums safely at work or around family has a higher priority than anyone's right to post adult images here. Remember that this is a community site whose purpose is to both disseminate information to the players and provide a forum for them to discuss the game. Anything that interferes with that takes away from the value of these forums.

Thank you for your patience. If anyone would like to continue discussing this subject, please create a new topic.

Return to “T2 General Discussion Archive”