The official Metal Gear Online Beta & GTAIV thread!

Life, the universe, and everything.
Forum rules
- No personal attacks against players or staff members - please be civil!
- No posting of mature images/links, keep content SFW. If it's NSFW, don't post it on these forums.
Yasden
Sojourner

The official Metal Gear Online Beta & GTAIV thread!

Postby Yasden » Tue Apr 29, 2008 3:37 pm

I got in on the beta by reserving a copy at GameStop, and I've been pretty much constantly playing it when I'm at home. Absolutely loving the online play, although movement is a bit slow.

I'm about to go pick up GTAIV right now, and I'm completely stoked for this one. It's touted to be the best-selling game of all time, even passing GTA: San Andreas. It's received 8 perfect scores from various reviews and 2 that were almost perfect. COD4 is going to start collecting dust, looks like!

And btw, don't play the 360 version, it sucks! :P
Support Your Addiction! Vote for TorilMUD Today!

Top Mud Sites: http://www.topmudsites.com/cgi-bin/topmuds/rankem.cgi?id=shev

Why Nerox is jealous of me:

Nerox tells you 'man this thing is kicking my ass and i have blisters!'
Nerox tells you 'ok attempting it again put tape on my fingers for easier sliding'
Sarvis
Sojourner

Re: The official Metal Gear Online Beta & GTAIV thread!

Postby Sarvis » Tue Apr 29, 2008 4:07 pm

Yasden wrote:And btw, don't play the 360 version, it sucks! :P

Considering <a href="http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/playstation-3-complications-caused-gta-iv-delay-analyst">technical difficulties with the PS3 delayed launch</a> I'm going to have to disagree.
<a href="http://www.code-haven.com">Code Haven</a> - For all your programming needs.

I detest what you write, but I would give my life to make it possible for you to continue to write. - Some Guy Who Paraphrased Voltaire
flib
Sojourner

Postby flib » Thu May 01, 2008 9:14 am

I got GTA4 on monday night at 12 am est and it's pretty much all i've been doing since then. I hung out with a friend today for like 3 or so hours, but besides that i've been Touring the streets of Liberty City, jacking people at random. It's a kickass game. It's the same but also it's quite different in some respects than the previous three versions which i've played and loved dearly, the last San Andreas being my own personal favorite of the three.

The same type of tongue in cheek, looking at the way our country runs humor is in play as usual, but what I find to be a bit different is the overall feel of the story. It just seems darker and more emotional with the anti-hero lead niko having gone through many hard times in his home country. I really think they tried to make it as much like you're playing through a movie as they could. The car physics takes some getting used to, it's not as easy as before. I found myself on many occasions losing control because of how the new emergency break system works. Alot of the earlier cars have quite alot of issues turning and getting around corners.

Overall, it's really pretty awesome, I love the game. As in every game GTA has put out so far it can be pretty frustrating at times, doing missions over, getting killed all that but the experience is well worth the time wasted dying. I'd definetely reccomend it if you have a 360 or ps3, it's well worth the 60 or so odd dollars.

P.S. Atm based on the ingame calculation i'm approximately 25 % through the entire game, which doesn't seem like a ton but trust me, it's quite a bit.
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Thu May 01, 2008 4:22 pm

Roman's cab is the biggest piece of trash ever. Also, Michelle is a slut and gave it up on the second date.
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Thu May 01, 2008 4:43 pm

Can I come up to your apartment for some "hot coffee?"
- Ragorn
Shar: Leave the moaning to the people who have real issues to moan about like rangers or newbies.
Corth: Go ask out a chick that doesn't wiggle her poon in people's faces for a living.
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Fri May 02, 2008 6:37 pm

If she is a cop, at least she loves to put out. She practically threw herself at me when I rolled up on a chopper.
flib
Sojourner

Postby flib » Sat May 03, 2008 10:03 pm

Gormal wrote:Michelle is a slut and gave it up on the second date.

Hah, agreed "TELL ME INTERESTING THINGS!" "YOU'RE GREAT NIKO BELLIC" Kate is frigid as heck though, ive gotten her drunk like 4 times, played darts and got food twice and still nothing. Take a rice rocket off the broker bridge into algonquin, theres a sweet jump.
Yasden
Sojourner

Postby Yasden » Sun May 04, 2008 6:30 am

I love hitting pedestrians at full speed (RED MIST!), then getting out and looking at the front end of the vehicle. The blood splatters stay on the hood and bumper. The damage on vehicles is very specific to location, meaning that if you bust out your left tail light trying to back up, you'll have a dent in that part of the car and the light cover will be gone.

I'm only to the part right after Roman gets shot in the stomach (post-Vlad execution). I only played it yesterday for about 8 hours. Been too busy moving and unpacking this week. :(

And Sarvis, if you'd read that entire article, you'd understand that because the PS3 is far superior technologically to the 360, any game is going to take more effort to program for it if they're wanting to take full advantage of the Cell. Take-Two didn't quite understand that either, and thus the issues with putting both versions out on a 360 schedule didn't quite work out as planned.

Nerox tells you 'ok attempting it again put tape on my fingers for easier sliding'
Teyaha
Sojourner

Postby Teyaha » Sun May 04, 2008 7:00 am

Yasden wrote:I love hitting pedestrians at full speed (RED MIST!), then getting out and looking at the front end of the vehicle. The blood splatters stay on the hood and bumper. The damage on vehicles is very specific to location, meaning that if you bust out your left tail light trying to back up, you'll have a dent in that part of the car and the light cover will be gone.

I'm only to the part right after Roman gets shot in the stomach (post-Vlad execution). I only played it yesterday for about 8 hours. Been too busy moving and unpacking this week. :(

And Sarvis, if you'd read that entire article, you'd understand that because the PS3 is far superior technologically to the 360, any game is going to take more effort to program for it if they're wanting to take full advantage of the Cell. Take-Two didn't quite understand that either, and thus the issues with putting both versions out on a 360 schedule didn't quite work out as planned.

actually yasden, the ps3 problems have more to do with how proprietary the system is and how lax sony has been to get development kits out to the right people - *complete* dev kits

the majority of the delays in shipping of ps3 exclusives as well as titles that hit both the 360 and ps3 but were later on the ps3 had a lot to do with those dev kits.

i have all 3 systems and i prefer the ps3, but they are really lacking the library compared to the 360 and - sadly - the wii

http://youtube.com/watch?v=fqDVLa2bnLQ
gtaIV 360 vs. ps3 head to head by IGN. prob not safe for work
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Sun May 04, 2008 3:04 pm

Yeah, from what I remember from before the two systems came out, the ps3 was going to be a lot tougher to program for due to the complexity of the cell processor. Technology wise, the ps3 makes the 360 its bitch, but I felt more comfortable getting a 360 because it would take longer for the cross-platform games to get to the ps3 if they made it at all. A lot of the developers were shying away from the ps3 at the time. Haven't really kept up with it since they came out, but it looks like it's still a problem.
Fotex group-says 'Behold! penis!'

Kifle puts on his robe and wizard hat.

Thalidyrr tells you 'Yeah, you know, getting it like a jackhammer wears you out.'

Teflor "You can beat a tank with a shovel!!1!1!!one!!1!uno!!"
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Sun May 04, 2008 4:50 pm

XBox Live was the selling point for me. I own far, far more $5-10 XBLA games than overpriced, bloated $60 shelfwarmers. Catan, Ikaruga, Carc, and some of the older arcade remakes like Tron are all worth a couple bucks to me, and the delivery system is excellent.
- Ragorn
Shar: Leave the moaning to the people who have real issues to moan about like rangers or newbies.
Corth: Go ask out a chick that doesn't wiggle her poon in people's faces for a living.
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Sun May 04, 2008 11:19 pm

Ragorn: My collection's probably 50/50 XBLA vs. released games. There's definately some good stuff on there. May pick up Ikaruga once I'm done with GTAIV...

Really, if I bought a PS3 it would be for a blu-ray player... the games just aren't there for it.

Yasden: It's a good think no one can name any technologically superior game systems that were utter failures then... right? :P

Hitting pedestrians is fun though, I love finding a nice tight group of them to try some Pedestrian Bowling. For some reason, the "thunk" of the controller vibration feels much more satisfying than in previous titles...
<a href="http://www.code-haven.com">Code Haven</a> - For all your programming needs.

I detest what you write, but I would give my life to make it possible for you to continue to write. - Some Guy Who Paraphrased Voltaire
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Mon May 05, 2008 12:59 am

Sarvis wrote:Really, if I bought a PS3 it would be for a blu-ray player... the games just aren't there for it.

Yeah, there's also the fact that my XB360 shares my wireless networks with 3 computers, so I can pick up my .mp3s or stored tv shows/movies and play them on the HDTV via the Xbox. I don't know if the PS3 does all that, but it's pretty fantastic.
- Ragorn
Teyaha
Sojourner

Postby Teyaha » Mon May 05, 2008 2:10 am

depends on what else you own

if you have a psp, you can use the ps3 to download and install old ps1 games to your psp

you can also remotely access your ps3 using your psp's wireless connection to manage downloads and what not - including mp3's

in asia the ps3 can be converted to a DVR. no word on when or if that will ever hit here, with tivo throwing its legal muscle around

as a replacement dvd player, the ps3 is quite a bit better off than the 360 with a better interpolation algorithm - and of course the fact that blu-ray won the HD war. the fact you can plug in any usb mouse and keyboard also makes it a more likely destination for any future console mmorpg's (WoW is on its way)
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Mon May 05, 2008 4:16 am

IGN.com wrote:Rockstar Entertainment announced today that future releases of GTA:IV will be released as GTA:V after the recent controversy surrounding San Andreas not having a number of its own...

http://insider.ign.com/articles/870/gta5.html
Yasden
Sojourner

Postby Yasden » Wed May 07, 2008 4:31 am

Yeah, we all know the NeoGeo died a horrible death, as did the Atari Jaguar.

However, there isn't a problem with dev kits anymore for the PS3, it's the fact that most of the codemonkeys for smaller developers aren't educated enough to do it.

The Wii has a ton of game selection. AND THEY ALL SUCK - unless you're referring to the titles released directly by Nintendo (Twilight Princess, Metroid Prime 3, WiiSports, Excite Truck, Super Mario Galaxy). The quality control is terrible, and I've been contemplating selling my Wii simply because it sits there collecting dust. I've been saying it since about 4 months after I got my Wii at launch. Took Yahoo a while to figure it out too:

http://tech.yahoo.com/blogs/null/91615/ ... ood-games/

As for downloaded games, there are a lot of those for the PS3 as well. Check the PS Store. Like Teyaha said, you can link your PSP via USB into the PS3 and download old games for the PSP. There's also a lot of old PS1/PS2 classics you can buy and download as well. I've only bought one game that way, and that's Pixeljunk Monsters (it's a Fortress style game).

I don't want to pay a monthly fee for Xbox Live. Sony actually is taking the hit, along with all of the developers who front their own servers for online play to provide free access. Microsoft should be doing that too, considering how much they screw over the general public on a daily basis.

There are plenty of titles out for the PS3 that are great and far superior to the 360/Wii versions (COD4, Unreal Tournament 3). Playstation exclusives like Warhawk and Resistance: Fall of Man are very well done too. If Resistance had not been put out at launch and waited until Halo3 came out, I strongly feel that Resistance would've taken it down, along with Gears of War. I'm totally looking forward to R2 this fall! Download the trailer for it at the PS Store if you haven't seen it yet. There's plenty of sports and racing games, and action games are easy to find too. Fighters aren't numerous, but that's because the genre has kind've died out. The sole issue that the PS3 lacks is a selection of RPG titles. Assassin's Creed just doesn't cut it, even though it was fun as hell to dive into that HUGE conspiracy theory/tinfoil hat deal.

Teyaha
Sojourner

Postby Teyaha » Wed May 07, 2008 5:43 am

what has irritated me the most with my ps3 is the fact the only game i've actually wanted to play more than once has been resistance:fall of man.

the lack of a decent rpg is also irritating me. final fanasy 12 was terribad and i have little faith in 13. maybe cause i'm getting too old for the floofy japanese/korean guys-that-look-like-girls crap.

mass effect even with it's shortcomings is one of the best (western) rpg's i've played in recent years, with an unusual amount of replayibility.

those of you with decent rigs and no ps3 might want to look into it later this month on the PC.

the 360 gave me ace combat 6 (too damned short, but still as good as 4-5-zero-X) and mass effect. halo 3 was trash imo - only 5 hours of content in a game we waited HOW long for? it's still where i play games like KOTOR and mech assault. the majority of my sony library is still limited to a-list ps2 titles.

you might want to give super smash bros a try though. my wii is only used when my nephews are over. i also have a gamecube that i've had since that system launched and again rarely touched it. nintendo games are geared more towards early to mid teens.
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Wed May 07, 2008 6:13 am

You can complain about control and graphics all you want and sell the Wii down the river, but really it has its own market that is separate from PS3/Xbox. Wii has and will continue to have more original content than either of the other systems, and has a better portable console than the PSP. PS3 has BluRay, which is what's going to propel it now that HD lost the war, because as nitpicky as people want to be about the small graphics difference between Xbox and the triple, its not enough to matter to the majority of consumers with the huge price difference.

PS3's price tag and late launch date really hurt it, and it may not recover in time for the inevitable release of the Xbox BluRay console which you know is coming. If you have to make a choice its really quite simple. Do you want to play Final Fantasy or Halo? Do you want your console to have BluRay right now? The fee for Xbox live really isn't that bad, and its got a better system in place than PS3 and destroys the online features for Wii (my biggest complaint).

Personally, I see Xbox putting out a new system that's BluRay compatible in the near future, with graphics comparable to PS3 if not better. That combined with their well-established playerbase is going to keep them ahead of Sony for a long time unless Sony can make some huge changes soon and repair their reputation.
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Wed May 07, 2008 1:19 pm

Gormal wrote:If you have to make a choice its really quite simple. Do you want to play Final Fantasy or Halo?

I've got to get to work, but really NEED to throw in mention of Lost Odyssey here, and to a lesser extent Blue Dragon. LO especially is what FF12 should have been.

So the question is: do you want to play the crap that FF has become, or Halo and the RPGs that represent what FF should be.

Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Wed May 07, 2008 2:55 pm

FWIW, I really liked Eternal Sonata. I'm kind of a classical music nerd, so that helped. But it's a simplistic RPG with a straightforward plot, excellent art and graphics, and a relatively light and fun combat mechanic. The game is a little young at times, but I enjoyed it.

As for XBox Live, I've been paying $15 a month for MMOs for the last five years. $50 a year for XBL isn't even a consideration for me. I probably don't even need to pay for XBL Gold, because I rarely play XB games online with other people (my FPS games are on the PC). But eh, $50 a year is a trivial cost for the value of the service.

The Wii... yes, it's innovate. Yes, it's creative. But it doesn't have any games. I never cared much for Smash Brothers, and after you play through Mario and Zelda once, you're basically out of things to play.
- Ragorn
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Wed May 07, 2008 4:00 pm

Smash Bros and Mario Kart are enough to keep me happy for a long time. But with things like Metroid, Zelda, and any other random games I enjoy, I'm always happy. The only reason I'm playing GTA5 is because my Wii is in storage and I haven't gone to pick it up. God I want it.
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Wed May 07, 2008 4:11 pm

Ragorn wrote:FWIW, I really liked Eternal Sonata. I'm kind of a classical music nerd, so that helped. But it's a simplistic RPG with a straightforward plot, excellent art and graphics, and a relatively light and fun combat mechanic. The game is a little young at times, but I enjoyed it.

As for XBox Live, I've been paying $15 a month for MMOs for the last five years. $50 a year for XBL isn't even a consideration for me. I probably don't even need to pay for XBL Gold, because I rarely play XB games online with other people (my FPS games are on the PC). But eh, $50 a year is a trivial cost for the value of the service.

The Wii... yes, it's innovate. Yes, it's creative. But it doesn't have any games. I never cared much for Smash Brothers, and after you play through Mario and Zelda once, you're basically out of things to play.

You still have Metroid then! And the virtual console games...

I agree that there is still a lack of good games for the system, but I still have faith we'll see them eventually.

Yasden
Sojourner

Postby Yasden » Wed May 07, 2008 4:27 pm

And all those games you mentioned are Nintendo-direct releases. :P

If they release a BD Xbox, it will be just a new console with the BD drive replacing the DVD-ROM. You have to understand *why* the PS3's graphics capabilities far surpass anything. The Cell is not just 1 processor, it's actually a conglomerate of 8 sub-processors (SPE's)and the main power processor (PPE), where various features of the graphical processing is handled by each processor. One SPE is reserved for testing, another is reserved for the Yellow Dog OS. Still, you have a total of 7 processors running. This is why the rendering capabilities and the clarity of the PS3's games are so much better. The Cell is being used in some mainframes now and Toshiba is going to start incorporating them into the next-gen TV's (Super-HD).

Sure, 360 games can have slightly more color if they want to, but they do that (increased saturation, big deal) just to try and "fluff" their graphics to make them appear similar to the PS3's. Color != graphics. The true test of graphical processing is in the rendering and shading. We all know that anyone can make blue water, but when you add the light refractions, subtle shading from the bottom, real-time random generated wave patterns, etc, that's what separates the good graphics from the superb. That's where the Cell excels and probably won't be beaten for a long time to come. Microsoft won't pony up the kind of cash Sony/Toshiba/IBM did to custom design the Cell, because they are NOT in the hardware industry.

I'm not saying the 360 is a crappy machine, in fact it's a great machine and Microsoft's marketing FTW by coming out with it long before Sony finalized the Cell design. I'm just biased against MS because I live and work here and all I have to deal with is MS crap all day long. MS has become an entity by stealing the designs of others (Windows). So I'm all for anyone taking them down a notch, even if it's temporarily the Wii. Eventually the teenagers will get rid of them and realize there's 2 other superior systems out there to choose from, and with Sony already lowering their prices and coming out with new bundles every few months (Metal Gear Solid bundle with DualShock 3 controller coming in June!), it won't be too long before Sony catches up again.

flib
Sojourner

Postby flib » Wed May 07, 2008 4:46 pm

I beat it last night, as always the end of a gta story, the end of any game that I get involved in is bitersweet at best. But, I started a new game and plan on making different choices than I did with the last to see if anything changes.
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Wed May 07, 2008 4:58 pm

The PS3 has a lot more graphical potential than the XBox. Doesn't matter much to me though... game selection and convenience of online play are what sell me a system. The PS3 loses at both.

It's damn pretty though.
- Ragorn
Yasden
Sojourner

Postby Yasden » Wed May 07, 2008 5:12 pm

There's plenty of online play available for the PS3, Rags. The game selection is fewer because it came out a lot later. Look at the library of PS2 titles. That should be an indicator of what the future will be like after another 2-3 years.

Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Wed May 07, 2008 6:07 pm

Guess we'll find out :)

The 360's library is larger than that of the NES. I kinda like that.
- Ragorn
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Wed May 07, 2008 6:30 pm

Yasden wrote:There's plenty of online play available for the PS3, Rags. The game selection is fewer because it came out a lot later. Look at the library of PS2 titles. That should be an indicator of what the future will be like after another 2-3 years.

There are many more factors that lead to the Ps3's library than the fact it came out later. The ps3 is just a bear to program for and not many companies are willing to do so (especially for cross platform games). With the possibility of the blu-ray player, however, the low ps3 sales may adjust the number of games, but it will take a long time for them to recover. I'm would be willing to bet it wont be until the next generation that sony has a chance to recover its lost marketshare from microsoft -- the wii is in a whole other category.

Thalidyrr tells you 'Yeah, you know, getting it like a jackhammer wears you out.'

Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Wed May 07, 2008 8:26 pm

I don't sit around and fellate myself over the graphical potential of my gaming system. Thus, the PS3 is, to me, a glorified BD player. I agree that the Nintendo-released games are and will probably continue to be the best ones for the Wii, but I don't see Microsoft or Sony releasing nearly as many popular titles themselves. They rely on the other developers and have to sell the system as a system. Plus, like your Wii or not, its not like you're out a lot of money unlike that triple.
Yasden
Sojourner

Postby Yasden » Thu May 08, 2008 1:48 am

Sony and Microsoft both have their own name titles (Resistance, Gears of War, etc), and there are quite a few of them on both ends. However, unlike Nintendo, there are a LOT of quality games outside the console manufacturer's own domain, and that is because they have quality control on what sort of content is released on their systems. There's no freaking Hannah Montana games on the 360 or PS3.

And Jake, there's no way you can fellate yourself. Kifle said you were hung like a gnat in January. :P

Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Thu May 08, 2008 1:56 am

Yeah 'giant' is easy to typo, and Kifle has downs.
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Thu May 08, 2008 8:43 am

Yasden wrote:Sony and Microsoft both have their own name titles (Resistance, Gears of War, etc), and there are quite a few of them on both ends. However, unlike Nintendo, there are a LOT of quality games outside the console manufacturer's own domain, and that is because they have quality control on what sort of content is released on their systems. There's no freaking Hannah Montana games on the 360 or PS3.

And Jake, there's no way you can fellate yourself. Kifle said you were hung like a gnat in January. :P

Eh, say what you will, but the 360/ps3 by not having games like hannah montana, they lose out on a HUGE market share. Didn't xbox release barbie horse adventure back in the day? Honestly, all three consoles have their benefits and drawbacks, but the wii is by far the best at grabing a wider demographic.

Also, I was really angry at him when I said that... to be honest, I'd compare it to a house-fly.

Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Thu May 08, 2008 1:43 pm

Yasden wrote:There's no freaking Hannah Montana games on the 360 or PS3.

There were Hannah Montana games for the PS2, and I assure you, there will be for the PS3 as well.

Or didn't you pre-order your copy of Barbie Horse Adventures?
- Ragorn
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Thu May 08, 2008 11:59 pm

Ok, stupid question: How do you spare someone when you have the choice in GTA4? I think I remember having to press something to it, but it's been too long since that first mission and I forgot...

Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Fri May 09, 2008 12:14 am

When you have the option it will display the buttons to push.
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Fri May 09, 2008 12:39 am

It doesn't, or I wouldn't be asking... it only showed the controls the first time. :(

Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Fri May 09, 2008 12:41 am

Wierd, it shows me every time. Are you playing on the triple?
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Fri May 09, 2008 1:00 am

The triple?

Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Fri May 09, 2008 1:11 am

Yeah, the PS triple.
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Fri May 09, 2008 1:43 am

Ah, my bad. Nope, playing on the 360.

Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Fri May 09, 2008 4:26 am

Think it's left bumper.
- Ragorn
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Fri May 09, 2008 6:30 am

Ragorn wrote:Think it's left bumper.

Left bumper. Lol. I stick to the Ps2 button naming scheme.

Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Fri May 09, 2008 12:43 pm

L1 then :P
- Ragorn
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Fri May 09, 2008 1:56 pm

I still think of controls in terms of SNES controllers.
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Sun May 11, 2008 1:05 am

Gormal wrote:I still think of controls in terms of SNES controllers.

Yes, and this is my biggest complaint about the Xbox. Why on earth did they name buttons ABXY and then reverse them from the SNES?
- Ragorn
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Sun May 11, 2008 6:19 am

Ragorn wrote:
Gormal wrote:I still think of controls in terms of SNES controllers.

Yes, and this is my biggest complaint about the Xbox. Why on earth did they name buttons ABXY and then reverse them from the SNES?

Probably some copyright thing. Nintendo could have probably claimed MS was just copying their controller design...

Either way, it's better than shapes. I could never get my head wrapped around shapes.

Oh yeah, and thanks for the advice on the execution/sparing thing... left bumper didn't work though, I ended up just walking away and then got some voice over saying she didn't need to die. Maybe it's only LB when they prompt you or something... wierd.

Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Mon May 12, 2008 4:09 pm

Shapes are far better than mirrored SNES buttons. I read "push X" and I mash the top right button. At least if you think of 'X' on a PS controller, you can read it as cross and not confuse it with the SNES controller.
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Mon May 12, 2008 9:47 pm

As much as I used to play with the SNES controller, when I'm explaining buttons, I use the PS layout but mostly play with the xbox controller. Very weird.

Yasden
Sojourner

Postby Yasden » Tue May 13, 2008 2:13 am

So we've come to the concensus that most everyone in this thread has played and/or beaten GTA4 by now. Have any of you been playing MGO beta?

Return to “T2 General Discussion Archive”