Rainbow kisses and dogs chasing their own tail

Life, the universe, and everything.
Forum rules
- No personal attacks against players or staff members - please be civil!
- No posting of mature images/links, keep content SFW. If it's NSFW, don't post it on these forums.
Gormal
Sojourner

Re: Rainbow kisses and dogs chasing their own tail

Postby Gormal » Thu May 08, 2008 11:32 pm

I hope that these family-oriented people never actually play the game, because there's so much NSFW content going on that they'll feel pretty confused I'd imagine. If we're allowed to be NSFW in game, why not in our own huggies-free forum?
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Wed May 14, 2008 4:08 pm

Wow, you really deleted the Inames thread that he posted in? This is why I flame the staff.

Link to extremely offensive image. For the love of Christ, pull your heads out of your asses. I can't get a response to mwrite admin to save my life, but I sure can get silly threads moderated!
Shevarash
FORGER CODER

Postby Shevarash » Wed May 14, 2008 4:55 pm

That thread was moved by player request. I don't have the details of it since I wasn't the one who did it.

Sorry your thread got removed, but that does not give you the right to flame the staff. Please note the first rule in red at the top of these forums.
Shevarash -- Code Forger of TorilMUD
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Wed May 14, 2008 5:02 pm

Whoa,

So a SFW thread can now be removed if I simply request it?

Umm ok.. I gotta test this out.

Shev, can you please delete this thread?
Having said all that, the situation has been handled, so this thread is pretty much at an end. -Kossuth

Goddamned slippery mage.
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Wed May 14, 2008 5:08 pm

This is why your forum rules confuse the hell out of people, Shev. You ninja smoke a thread that violates 0 rules, offer no explanation, and the staffer in question is going to defend their actions no matter what while we're left holding our dicks wondering what the hell happened.
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Wed May 14, 2008 5:32 pm

This is why I asked you to define your policy. Because this is fucking asinine.
- Ragorn
Shar: Leave the moaning to the people who have real issues to moan about like rangers or newbies.
Corth: Go ask out a chick that doesn't wiggle her poon in people's faces for a living.
Shevarash
FORGER CODER

Postby Shevarash » Wed May 14, 2008 5:57 pm

Yeah, again, I didn't move it and I don't know why other than it was by player request.

I posted here to tell you that it's not OK to flame the staff over it. That applies to you too Ragorn - I don't appreciate your tone and I won't put up with it. I've told you all that I'm open to discussion and I've been civil and polite the entire time. I simply will not put up with any more abuse directed at myself or any other staff members.
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Wed May 14, 2008 6:03 pm

<a href="http://www.code-haven.com">Code Haven</a> - For all your programming needs.

I detest what you write, but I would give my life to make it possible for you to continue to write. - Some Guy Who Paraphrased Voltaire
Shevarash
FORGER CODER

Postby Shevarash » Wed May 14, 2008 6:14 pm

What did that have to do with anything, Sarvis?

Seriously, you think posting a link to pictures of underage girls in their underwear is interesting or appropriate here? You think that SHOULD be safe for work?

Stop trolling.
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Wed May 14, 2008 6:15 pm

I am offended, please delete Sarvis irl.
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Wed May 14, 2008 6:17 pm

Shev,

There was a player request to remove this thread. We can assume you saw it since you posted after the request was made. Why is this thread still here? There was a player request to remove it!
Having said all that, the situation has been handled, so this thread is pretty much at an end. -Kossuth

Goddamned slippery mage.
Shar
FORGER ADMIN

Postby Shar » Wed May 14, 2008 6:24 pm

For informational purposes, I was the one who got rid of the thread. It was by request, yes, but it was to get rid of another attack on a player.

I would have said why in a more timely manner but I got a phone call from my sister (that lasted the better part of 4 hours) in the middle of taking care of this thread. My RL affected the way I worked here, and I most sincerely apologize, however a family issue will always come first for me, no matter what.

Thanks,
Shar - Forger Administrator, TorilMUD

Brandobaris : (51) [ would a forgotten realms zombie be interested in brains? ]

Shevarash tells you 'Never gonna give you up, never gonna let you down..... groan'
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Wed May 14, 2008 6:27 pm

Ragorn wrote:this is fucking asinine.

Indeed.

Goddamned slippery mage.
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Wed May 14, 2008 6:27 pm

That was a vicious attack, I might as well have thrown Inames into pit of vipers instead of making suggestive remarks about his manhood. I will be accepting donations to the Get Well Inames fund via Paypal, PM me for details.
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Wed May 14, 2008 6:34 pm

See, now I'm confused. I'm going to assume that Inames requested the removal of the post; otherwise, this is just an abuse of power. If he did, why not just remove the picture? You guys are just going overboard now.
Last edited by Kifle on Wed May 14, 2008 6:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Fotex group-says 'Behold! penis!'

Kifle puts on his robe and wizard hat.

Thalidyrr tells you 'Yeah, you know, getting it like a jackhammer wears you out.'

Teflor "You can beat a tank with a shovel!!1!1!!one!!1!uno!!"
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Wed May 14, 2008 6:37 pm

Shevarash wrote:What did that have to do with anything, Sarvis?

Seriously, you think posting a link to pictures of underage girls in their underwear is interesting or appropriate here? You think that SHOULD be safe for work?

Stop trolling.

I think it IS safe for work everywhere but here. I think it's relevant because it directly calls into question the moderation policies so suddenly being enforced here.
<a href="http://www.code-haven.com">Code Haven</a> - For all your programming needs.

I detest what you write, but I would give my life to make it possible for you to continue to write. - Some Guy Who Paraphrased Voltaire
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Wed May 14, 2008 6:38 pm

Kifle wrote:See, now I'm confused. I'm going to assume that Inames requested the removal of the post; otherwise, this is just an abuse of power. If he did, why not just remove the picture? You guys are just going overboard now.

I wouldn't make that assumption. Inames posted in the thread and hardly seemed to be insulted by it.

Shar has some questions to answer here. Can a thread thats SFW be removed by player request if it humorously makes fun of someone without any bad intent? Like for instance, the Pava thread? If so, does the player who is targetted by the thread have to make the request? Or, alternatively, can anyone request that such a thread be removed? It would best if Shar addressed this in advance before the player are forced to test the limits of this new policy on our own.

Goddamned slippery mage.
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Wed May 14, 2008 6:41 pm

Also, if it was the case that you deleted an entire thread based off of that picture because it was a personal attack, why have you yet to do anything with Lathander's personal attack against people with Philosophy degrees? I was offended. Here is my official complaint. This is the second time Lathander has flamed someone with no consequence, and it will probably be the second time you guys twist the situation so you can say nothing that he said was wrong. Bullshit.

Thalidyrr tells you 'Yeah, you know, getting it like a jackhammer wears you out.'

Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Wed May 14, 2008 6:42 pm

Corth wrote:
Kifle wrote:See, now I'm confused. I'm going to assume that Inames requested the removal of the post; otherwise, this is just an abuse of power. If he did, why not just remove the picture? You guys are just going overboard now.

I wouldn't make that assumption. Inames posted in the thread and hardly seemed to be insulted by it.

Shar has some questions to answer here. Can a thread thats SFW be removed by player request if it humorously makes fun of someone without any bad intent? Like for instance, the Pava thread? If so, does the player who is targetted by the thread have to make the request? Or, alternatively, can anyone request that such a thread be removed? It would best if Shar addressed this in advance before the player are forced to test the limits of this new policy on our own.

Yeah, I didn't think he would seeing as how the two are friends and he seemed to think it was humerous, but you never know -- like with the maxler bild compewters pic. Then again, I don't think it was ever confirmed whether it was maxler or not that complained about it. All I know is this is getting rediculous.

Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Wed May 14, 2008 6:44 pm

Maxler never complained, Shevarash made the assumption that Maxler was/would be offended and removed it of his own accord.
Shevarash
FORGER CODER

Postby Shevarash » Wed May 14, 2008 6:49 pm

Sarvis wrote:I think it IS safe for work everywhere but here. I think it's relevant because it directly calls into question the moderation policies so suddenly being enforced here.

No it doesn't, you're just trolling. That's not appropriate in ANY corporate workplace in America. Stop trolling. Last warning.
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Wed May 14, 2008 6:53 pm

- Ragorn
Shar: Leave the moaning to the people who have real issues to moan about like rangers or newbies.
Corth: Go ask out a chick that doesn't wiggle her poon in people's faces for a living.
Shevarash
FORGER CODER

Postby Shevarash » Wed May 14, 2008 6:55 pm

Keep pushing buttons, Ragorn.
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Wed May 14, 2008 6:56 pm

Why don't you want to discuss this issue?
Shevarash
FORGER CODER

Postby Shevarash » Wed May 14, 2008 6:57 pm

I didn't remove the thread. Shar can address her reasons further if she so chooses.
Shar
FORGER ADMIN

Postby Shar » Wed May 14, 2008 7:00 pm

I stated that it was requested to be removed. Those who requested will remain anonymous unless they should choose to come forward.

I also stated that I removed the entire thread because it was an attack on a player.

This issue is not who intended what or whether it was offensive to some, it was an attack on a specific player who has been the target of many such attacks both in game and on these forums in the past. Flames or attacks against staff or players will not be tolerated.

I'm at a loss as to why this needs explaining any further and I don't see the point in starting or continuing a conversation about rules with the same set of people who would push those rules to the limit just to see how far they stretch.

I won't be addressing this specific issue any longer in a public setting.
Shar - Forger Administrator, TorilMUD

Brandobaris : (51) [ would a forgotten realms zombie be interested in brains? ]

Shevarash tells you 'Never gonna give you up, never gonna let you down..... groan'
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Wed May 14, 2008 7:01 pm

Shevarash wrote:Keep pushing buttons, Ragorn.

Dude.

I'm interested to know what you could possibly have taken offense to in that cat picture I posted.
- Ragorn
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Wed May 14, 2008 7:04 pm

Shar wrote:an attack

Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Wed May 14, 2008 7:05 pm

The fact that a thread can be deleted when it is an obvious joke and NOT a flame is exactly why it is being question. The fact that you don't seem to understand that is just appalling. The fact that inside jokes can be deleted because some overly sensitive zealot complains based on a fucking loophole in the forums rules is even more appalling. THIS is why you are being questioned.

Again, if this is how the board is to be run, I would like Lathander's flame against philosophy majors to be removed, I would like the pava thread removed, and I would like the new corth thread removed.

Edit: Also, you should remove the Bill thread as well because I don't think Bills Clinton, Braski, or O'reilly would like them very much. I am complaining by proxy!

Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Wed May 14, 2008 7:09 pm

For Inames

Goddamned slippery mage.
Pril
Sojourner

Postby Pril » Wed May 14, 2008 7:10 pm

Kifle wrote:The fact that a thread can be deleted when it is an obvious joke and NOT a flame is exactly why it is being question. The fact that you don't seem to understand that is just appalling. The fact that inside jokes can be deleted because some overly sensitive zealot complains based on a fucking loophole in the forums rules is even more appalling. THIS is why you are being questioned.

Again, if this is how the board is to be run, I would like Lathander's flame against philosophy majors to be removed, I would like the pava thread removed, and I would like the new corth thread removed.

Edit: Also, you should remove the Bill thread as well because I don't think Bills Clinton, Braski, or O'reilly would like them very much. I am complaining by proxy!

Kifle go through and delete your posts yourself. Your very essence offends me :p
The best of WTF statments of '06
--------------------------------------------------------
Danila group-says 'afk, machine gun in backyard started shooting cats'
Danila group-says 'afk a sec, 3 horned monkeys trying to steal hose'
Danila group-says 'afk, koala bear trying to mount my car'
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Wed May 14, 2008 7:11 pm

Pril wrote:
Kifle wrote:The fact that a thread can be deleted when it is an obvious joke and NOT a flame is exactly why it is being question. The fact that you don't seem to understand that is just appalling. The fact that inside jokes can be deleted because some overly sensitive zealot complains based on a fucking loophole in the forums rules is even more appalling. THIS is why you are being questioned.

Kifle go through and delete your posts yourself. Your very essence offends me :p

In Russia, Pril offends essence!

Botef
Sojourner

Postby Botef » Wed May 14, 2008 7:21 pm

Might as well delete the archives while your at it, lots of attacks and flames to be found there.
Sunamit group-says 'imrex west, tibek backstab touk i think his name is on entry'
// Post Count +1
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Wed May 14, 2008 7:25 pm

Gormal wrote:the staffer in question is going to defend their actions no matter what while we're left holding our dicks wondering what the hell happened.

What do I win?
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Wed May 14, 2008 7:40 pm

Shevarash wrote:
Sarvis wrote:I think it IS safe for work everywhere but here. I think it's relevant because it directly calls into question the moderation policies so suddenly being enforced here.

No it doesn't, you're just trolling. That's not appropriate in ANY corporate workplace in America. Stop trolling. Last warning.

Not trolling. We're discussing the forum rules here, in a thread which exists specifically as a protest to your deletion of posts that contained images even less offensive than then ones I just linked to. How the fuck is that trolling?

By the way, the website I linked to does not allow NSFW content yet allows those images. Funny, huh?

Shevarash
FORGER CODER

Postby Shevarash » Wed May 14, 2008 7:50 pm

Sarvis, all you posted was a link to a thread with pictures of teenage girls in their underwear. No comment. No discussion. No point. No context. Just a link. I call that a troll.

And, again, I don't appreciate your tone. In case it's not clear, I don't like being sweared at, and I expected to be treated civilly.
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Wed May 14, 2008 7:54 pm

I don't appreciate being called a troll, either. You may have read the text for the link which was "NSFW, Apparently" and a clear reference to how the forum rules here are vastly more restrictive and subjective than the forumn rules of a far more popular and extensive site.

Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Wed May 14, 2008 8:02 pm

Forum rules:

1) Don't talk about the forum rules
2) DO NOT TALK ABOUT FORUM RULES

Seriously, even if someone was offended that's a pretty unreasonable thing to be offended about and as a moderator you should tell them to stop whining. You've managed to cause even more confusion about forum policy and rules, and then get offended when the immediate response from your community is negative.
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Wed May 14, 2008 8:04 pm

Gormal wrote:Forum rules:

1) Don't talk about the forum rules
2) DO NOT TALK ABOUT FORUM RULES

Seriously, even if someone was offended that's a pretty unreasonable thing to be offended about and as a moderator you should tell them to stop whining. You've managed to cause even more confusion about forum policy and rules, and then get offended when the immediate response from your community is negative.

No point in continuing. Shar already took her ball and went home like a big girl.

Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Wed May 14, 2008 8:08 pm

I like the good cop, bad cop routine Sharvarash is playing on us.

"I'm open to discuss these issues.
"This is Shar's issue to discuss."
"Shar is not discussing this issue."
Shevarash
FORGER CODER

Postby Shevarash » Wed May 14, 2008 8:22 pm

I've tried to be diplomatic, and it doesn't work with some of you. I get told to take my head out of my ass and that my policies are bullshit. That isn't adult discussion, and I'm not going to suffer it anymore.

Here's how it's going to work now:

The posted forum rules stand, including the one about NSFW links. We reserve the right to moderate or censor any post at any time, for any reason. Failure to follow the rules here will result in a punishment left to the staff's discretion.

Don't like it? Moderate yourselves and we won't have to. That worked (for the most part) for years, there's no reason why it can't work again.
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Wed May 14, 2008 8:28 pm

It worked cause these rules weren't in place. You deleted a thread because it was "an attack" when it obviously was not to anyone in their right mind. You have not been diplomatic in the least about it, and have refused to truly listen to the people here. People have asked some very direct questions and are almost universally ignored or deflected by vague and confusing answers. Don't get angry because the forum DID run fine until you showed up guns blazing, angry at us for calling you out.

Suddenly, we've got trademark threads being censored, and all sorts of new rules. Why did this work for years? Because you weren't moderating with such a strict and random set of rules in place. You brought this on yourself.
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Wed May 14, 2008 8:48 pm

Shev, with all due respect, you haven't really handled this situation diplomatically. You've feigned diplomacy at best. You will come into a thread, address easily answered questions (leaving the questions that really need answered alone), and the answers you usually give can be boiled down to 'because we said so.' This is not diplomacy. The way Shar handled this situation, again, with all due respect, was hardly diplomatic either. If you want to be diplomatic, field some of the bigger questions being asked: like Corth's post (the serious one).

This leads to reasoning behind what is happening now. You are attempting to play the righteous card by "attempting" diplomacy when most of us are way too smart to realize you aren't. There is a very relevant concern being addressed by the posters and you are continuing to ignore it by posting blanket statements, taking the heat off of Shar, and sidestepping the issues by replying mainly to Sarvis' posts while ignoring the actual issue -- an attempt to completely sidestep the issue while feigning activity.

You want to show us you've tried being diplomatic. Address the concerns in this post -- the actual concerns, not the dead horse that Sarvis is trying to beat (no offense Sarvis).

1) How in the hell is it considered right that people other than those in on the joke (those not being made fun of) can have any sway in whether or not an obvious joke post can be deleted? Gormal made fun of Inames, Inames didn't complain, thread deleted?

2) The thread did not break any forums rules (wasn't a flame, it was a joke) and the picture was entirely SFW. What exactly were the grounds of deletion? Better put, what exactly was the foundation of the complaint(s)?

3) As an aside to #2, there should not be complaint(s) as the ONLY person that should have mattered in the situation was Inames. The fact that there were multiple complaints even being considered is one of the reasons why people are upset. The question then is: Why were other people's opinions even considered in the matter?

This would be a good start. If you want to be civil about this, answer them. If you want to continue behind your facade of diplomacy, I don't see how on earth you can even begin to get upset when people see through the guise and start attacking you. We aren't idiots. Stop insulting us and we'll stop insulting you.

Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Wed May 14, 2008 8:58 pm

Shevarash wrote:I've tried to be diplomatic, and it doesn't work with some of you. I get told to take my head out of my ass and that my policies are bullshit. That isn't adult discussion, and I'm not going to suffer it anymore.

Here's how it's going to work now:

The posted forum rules stand, including the one about NSFW links. We reserve the right to moderate or censor any post at any time, for any reason. Failure to follow the rules here will result in a punishment left to the staff's discretion.

Don't like it? Moderate yourselves and we won't have to. That worked (for the most part) for years, there's no reason why it can't work again.

It worked for years because we didn't moderate ourselves to the level you are attempting. The pictures you have removed have been posted before, and no one complained until now.

Shevarash
FORGER CODER

Postby Shevarash » Wed May 14, 2008 9:02 pm

Sorry, discussion over. You can keep talking about it amongst yourselves all you want within the rules of the forum, but I am not going to "feign" my diplomacy anymore.
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Wed May 14, 2008 9:03 pm

Shevarash wrote:Sorry, discussion over. You can keep talking about it amongst yourselves all you want within the rules of the forum, but I am not going to "feign" my diplomacy anymore.

Thanks, I was pretty tired of you insulting my intelligence. Way to dodge the questions. And with that, I'm off to graduate.

Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Wed May 14, 2008 9:05 pm

I have to say.. the forgers here have finally accomplished something worth speaking about. They have managed to get Kifle, Sarvis, Ragorn, Gormal, and myself to all agree about something. Pretty incredible actually. Bravo forgers!

Goddamned slippery mage.
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Wed May 14, 2008 9:06 pm

Ahh the putting your fingers in your ears an humming approach. Any time anyone ever challenges you, this is what we get.
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Wed May 14, 2008 9:10 pm

Honestly, I'm just going to post whatever I want and let the forum moderators work it out. I put a good faith effort into finding out what, exactly, the forum rules were. It wasn't an attempt to bait anyone into a trap. It wasn't an attack or an attempt to call someone a hypocrite. It was an attempt to find out what I am and am not allowed to say on this BBS. My request was categorically denied, which I don't understand.

So y'know? Whatever. I'm just going to post messages and pictures, and the people who moderate the forums can decide whether I'm obeying their unwritten and unspoken rules, or they can ban me.

I never posted any titties before, I have no reason to now.
- Ragorn
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Wed May 14, 2008 9:13 pm

Apparently you can't even post an image that contains the word titty.

Return to “T2 General Discussion Archive”