Corth Got Banninated

Life, the universe, and everything.
Forum rules
- No personal attacks against players or staff members - please be civil!
- No posting of mature images/links, keep content SFW. If it's NSFW, don't post it on these forums.
Sarvis
Sojourner
Posts: 6369
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2001 6:01 am
Location: Buffalo, NY, USA
Contact:

Corth Got Banninated

Postby Sarvis » Sun May 25, 2008 6:30 am

Looks like because Shev overreacted to Corth being silly as a protest to the new overzealous rules. Partly because I don't like the way the new rules are being handled, and partly becase Corth is about the only interesting person to argue with anymore, I'm going to stop posting for three days too.

Not really expecting anyone to care, mind you. Just making this a public support for Corth kind of thing. See you Tuesday!
<a href="http://www.code-haven.com">Code Haven</a> - For all your programming needs.

I detest what you write, but I would give my life to make it possible for you to continue to write. - Some Guy Who Paraphrased Voltaire
Teyaha
Sojourner
Posts: 1085
Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2001 5:01 am

Re: Corth Got Banninated

Postby Teyaha » Sun May 25, 2008 7:54 am

of course, here comes the victim card.

'oh woe is me, i attacked the staff by insinuating 2.0 was a fantasy and insulted shev outright - then i called marthammer a JERK and then refused to apologize, taunting shev to enforce his rules...omg how dare you ban me???'

grow up people. y ou dont own these boards.

hypocrite much? shall we go back to posting goat-fucking pictures about gormal even though he said he didnt like it and all it insinuated?

you VOCAL MINORITY are not entitled to half as much shit as you think you are. you folks played with fire with that thread by straight-up insulting shev. he doesnt have to take that from the people in the original thread, especially when he warned them twice in that very thread they were pushing his buttons - and they CONTINUED TO DO SO.

you are like the special little kids who keep putting their hands in the fire, even though it burns. over and over.
Kifle
Sojourner
Posts: 3830
Joined: Wed Jan 30, 2002 6:01 am
Location: Huntington, IN USA
Contact:

Re: Corth Got Banninated

Postby Kifle » Sun May 25, 2008 8:01 am

stfu up teyaha. We are the only ones that use the general forums anyway. Without corth, gormal, sarvis, myself, and dartan, very very very little would be posted here. We may be the vocal minority, but we are the ONLY vocal parties on the gen forums. Forums are a means to communicate. The ones that actually communicate should be the ones -- dare I say it -- catered to when it comes to use of the forums.

I think it's close to retarded that there are actually people that would be so fucking selfish as to say, "Well, I don't use that forum, but I'd like to make it so the people that do don't have any fun." It would be like me breaking some kids bike because I don't want to see him ride it. It's beyond selfish. At least the "vocal minority" is being selfish with some aim at utility. The "unvocal majority" of prudes and pseudo-biblethumper morality champions are being selfish in the worst way -- they don't even use what they want to control. It defys logic, reason, and common sense. It is the epitomy of stupidity and asinine behavior. It is selfishness incarnate.
Fotex group-says 'Behold! penis!'

Kifle puts on his robe and wizard hat.

Thalidyrr tells you 'Yeah, you know, getting it like a jackhammer wears you out.'

Teflor "You can beat a tank with a shovel!!1!1!!one!!1!uno!!"
Teyaha
Sojourner
Posts: 1085
Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2001 5:01 am

Re: Corth Got Banninated

Postby Teyaha » Sun May 25, 2008 8:06 am

you are the vocal minority. a lot of people read this board adn dont post. their reasons are their own.

you somehow think you own these boards? that you are above the rules? that is what you are insinuating in your post, and in that original unicorn thread. i followed that all the way until it was deleted.

you, gormal and corth have been pushing the boundaries of the spirit of what are simple freakin rules. stop being rude and insulting to the staff. your opinion is not the only one that counts. grow up and realize there are other people in this game, and they are not all going to agree with the crap you post on this board - about game or not.

i contribute in my own way. i'm not going to point out my posts that i've made on this board in the last week, you can do that on your own.

you tempted fate with that thread. if it was just pictures it would still be around. instead you had to add your own cute little captions that insulted shev, even after the man warned you people TWICE in that damn thing to stop pushing his buttons.

bottom line: are you telling me you handful of peple cant have a fucking conversation about anything without being petty, insulting and outright rude in ways that break the SIMPLE rules above?

are you telling me that you ADULTS cant figure out those rules are subject to the board owners interpretations? that just because one or two of you think it was funny and cute that someone else wont be offended by it? shev didnt like the insults. gormal doesnt like the goat insults. OH BUT I SEE!!! apparantly not the same right? RIGHT????

grow the hell up.
Kifle
Sojourner
Posts: 3830
Joined: Wed Jan 30, 2002 6:01 am
Location: Huntington, IN USA
Contact:

Re: Corth Got Banninated

Postby Kifle » Sun May 25, 2008 8:57 am

Teyaha wrote:you are the vocal minority. a lot of people read this board adn dont post. their reasons are their own.

you somehow think you own these boards? that you are above the rules? that is what you are insinuating in your post, and in that original unicorn thread. i followed that all the way until it was deleted.

you, gormal and corth have been pushing the boundaries of the spirit of what are simple freakin rules. stop being rude and insulting to the staff. your opinion is not the only one that counts. grow up and realize there are other people in this game, and they are not all going to agree with the crap you post on this board - about game or not.

i contribute in my own way. i'm not going to point out my posts that i've made on this board in the last week, you can do that on your own.

you tempted fate with that thread. if it was just pictures it would still be around. instead you had to add your own cute little captions that insulted shev, even after the man warned you people TWICE in that damn thing to stop pushing his buttons.

bottom line: are you telling me you handful of peple cant have a fucking conversation about anything without being petty, insulting and outright rude in ways that break the SIMPLE rules above?

are you telling me that you ADULTS cant figure out those rules are subject to the board owners interpretations? that just because one or two of you think it was funny and cute that someone else wont be offended by it? shev didnt like the insults. gormal doesnt like the goat insults. OH BUT I SEE!!! apparantly not the same right? RIGHT????

grow the hell up.


Lol, you lost me at "a lot of people read this board and don't post." That's my point you fucking tard. They read what we write... we are the ONLY reason they even read this forum. Without those who I mentioned posting, there would be NOTHING to read. I'm going to keep this short. Buy a brain, read my post, let it soak in, and stop being a retard. It's not a hard task.
Fotex group-says 'Behold! penis!'

Kifle puts on his robe and wizard hat.

Thalidyrr tells you 'Yeah, you know, getting it like a jackhammer wears you out.'

Teflor "You can beat a tank with a shovel!!1!1!!one!!1!uno!!"
Teyaha
Sojourner
Posts: 1085
Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2001 5:01 am

Re: Corth Got Banninated

Postby Teyaha » Sun May 25, 2008 9:15 am

the only retard here is you

if you small group cant post without being assholes, do you really think your content is actually doing the rest of the community a service in some form?

can you be any more conceited?

all you have said - twice now - is that your group cant post without being petty, selfish, assinine and insulting. that's EXACTLY wtf you are saying

just because your little group posts the most doesnt give you a fucking free license to treat the staff like shit.

grow the hell up

corth calls marthammer a jerk in a thread, shev tells him to apologize since he is blatantly violating the big fucking red text on top, and corth says no.

i see..so because you 4-5 people like to post a lot here means the rules dont apply? is that what you are saying?

no it's not what you are saying, it's what you straight out fucking said.

again, just because 4-5 people keep this board hopping everyday doesnt mean the fucking rules dont apply to you. what part of that do YOU not understand?

apparantly, all of it.

your 'communication' does not deserve to be 'catered to' as you said. not in the slightest. some of the posts you folks make on things like rising gas prices and such are informative and good reads - when you dont result to petty 'you're ignorant so i'm not going to debate you on this...' replies - which ALL of you are guilty of. they almost always degenerate at that point. but n one of those threads have any relevence on the game itself and so no, you dont deserve half of what you think you do.

but the unicorn thread served what purpose other than to push back at shev because you feel that - in your opinion - the rules are too harsh

so bottom line it kifle for all the rest of the community that read this board - are you saying that you, sarvis, corth and gormal shouldnt have these rules applied to you? do you really think that? do you really think it's ok to call marthammer a jerk, to post pictures and say it's shev even after he told you to stop? do you really think that after gormal's little tirade about being sick and tired of the goat jokes and pictures that this is NOT hypocritical of you, especially when shev has never posted anything of the sort about gormal or any of you here? or will you just say 'you're ignorant' and not back it up, which is nothing more than a 4 year old saying 'i know you are but what am i?'
User avatar
Shevarash
FORGER CODER
Posts: 2944
Joined: Fri Dec 29, 2000 6:01 am

Re: Corth Got Banninated

Postby Shevarash » Sun May 25, 2008 11:37 am

Sarvis, I punished Corth for insulting staff members. This has nothing to do with "new" forum rules. I will not tolerate any kind of abuse towards the staff that work hard to make this game run.

Teyaha and Kifle, please refrain from personal attacks. You've already crossed the line here, but I understand that emotions are likely to run high over this matter. Please let this be the end of it though.
Shevarash -- Code Forger of TorilMUD
flib
Sojourner
Posts: 322
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2004 11:14 pm
Location: Annapolis, MD

Re: Corth Got Banninated

Postby flib » Sun May 25, 2008 12:48 pm

wowsers, he got banned for doin stuff he shouldn't of, honestly I doubt he cares that much. I'm not sure why you guys are making that big of a deal out of a three day ban :P teyaha, you need a hug, i think. either that or idk :) he broke the rules, stuff happens. It's not like he's not gonna be back on tuesday.

Edited because another thought came to mind. I don't think it's that they don't know the rules are there, I just think it's pushing the line to see how far it will bend, which isn't in essence a bad thing.
Teyaha
Sojourner
Posts: 1085
Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2001 5:01 am

Re: Corth Got Banninated

Postby Teyaha » Sun May 25, 2008 2:15 pm

flib wrote:
I just think it's pushing the line to see how far it will bend, which isn't in essence a bad thing.


depends on the situation. they are 'bending' it far and often enough to start getting on nerves, and it's blurring the line between 'bending' and just being beligerent (sp?).
avak
Sojourner
Posts: 672
Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2003 6:01 am

Re: Corth Got Banninated

Postby avak » Sun May 25, 2008 3:57 pm

It's just a big power play. The only reason these boards are even remotely interesting is because you can come here, recognize names and personalities, and engage in some stupid banter. Often there are highly disparate positions on social and political issues and hell, there are not that many places in the world or even the internet where you can really push back and forth. While you may not accomplish a lot, at least you can have some harmless and thought-provoking fun.

And by the way, that is not some grand invention of the omniscient staff, this place has been 99.9% self-regulating for the vast majority of time I've been around. So, guess what, you bunch of sherlocks (staff and players alike, no one in particular), implementing overbearing and unnecessary rules and enforcement has caused the dozen or so people that still give a shit to not give a shit.

Outside of just pulling the plug, which has got to be right around the corner, I fail to imagine a more effective strategy for killing a community.

And when the 'omg, abuse and disrespect' card gets pulled, maybe take a step back and ask yourself: are these people so psychopathic that they want to stick around and make -your- life miserable or are they compelled by some other factors (say a real empathetic commitment to the viability of the community)?
Teyaha
Sojourner
Posts: 1085
Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2001 5:01 am

Re: Corth Got Banninated

Postby Teyaha » Sun May 25, 2008 4:46 pm

avak, shev really had no choice in my opinion

ever since gormal decided a couple months ago to come back and make his presence known, the amount of flaming on these boards had gotten way out of control. he was petty enough to pull out 5-6 year old threads just to rehash the same old flame/troll fest.

so they decided that with the bbs upgrade they would also implement some long-overdue rules on how people should behave on this board.

it hasnt stifled anyone's ability to debate politics or gas prices. it has only limited your ability to call each other names or make personal attacks

and i'm sorry, but i dont see the wrong in that.

that small group of individuals can still continue to post inane subjects and have political debates without resorting to childish or playground language. they can do it without breaking or even bending the rules. and no, they dont deserve to be catered to just because they deliver the majority of the content in General Discussion. that was pretty absurd and i was surprised and angered he even typed that out.

what everyone needs to ask themselves is simple - can i argue with someone without resorting to personal insults or inflammatory language? i would think a lawyer could. calling marthammer a 'jerk' doesnt sound very laywer-ish.

it has become more about taunting and flaunting than trying to work with and around. no matter what you or i think, shev clearly had enough. i saw him mention in several threads about 'just keep on pushing those buttons..'. sounds like his patience is at an end, and i'm not surprised
Dalar
Sojourner
Posts: 4905
Joined: Sun Feb 25, 2001 6:01 am

Re: Corth Got Banninated

Postby Dalar » Sun May 25, 2008 5:34 pm

Lawl Corth you beat me to it!
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.
Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
User avatar
Shevarash
FORGER CODER
Posts: 2944
Joined: Fri Dec 29, 2000 6:01 am

Re: Corth Got Banninated

Postby Shevarash » Sun May 25, 2008 6:09 pm

Avak - this has nothing to do with new rules for moderating the forums. This is about blatantly insulting staff members. This game is free, we do not and will not put up with any abuse like that. This is not a new policy - it has been in place since I first started here 15 years ago...and to be honest, it was enforced a lot more zealously back then.
Shevarash -- Code Forger of TorilMUD
Sarvis
Sojourner
Posts: 6369
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2001 6:01 am
Location: Buffalo, NY, USA
Contact:

Re: Corth Got Banninated

Postby Sarvis » Sun May 25, 2008 6:09 pm

Yeah, so I suck at the whole not posting thing. We all know that, let's move on. I just wanted to get my 2c in before it gets locked...

Teyaha wrote:of course, here comes the victim card.


Victim card? By who? The victim is banned, and I wasn't even taking part in the thread in question. I saw something happen to someone else and jumped in, how is that a victim card? For the rest of my thoughts on that matter, see my sig.

you VOCAL MINORITY


Ahhh.... vocal minority. Has there ever been a more loaded term? It tells anyone that the opposing side is a minority so no one wants to join them, while at the same time positing a majority with the opposite view! Of course, the silent majority is silent... so there's no fucking way in hell to tell waht they think. By and large the majority probably doesn't give a fuck either way. So maybe, just maybe, you should stop with the political grandstanding and argue on the actual merits of your argument? Can you show that this overbearing moderation is actually beneficial to the MUD without referring to a group of people who may or may not exist?

I can point to far more popular forums where the rules are far more lax, so I suspect you can't.



Shevarash wrote:Sarvis, I punished Corth for insulting staff members. This has nothing to do with "new" forum rules. I will not tolerate any kind of abuse towards the staff that work hard to make this game run.


You know, it's funny. I remember a long time ago you chastised a few of us for flaming.

My only response was that you should talk to the staff members who engaged in the practice first.

Look, it happens. It didn't even look like Corth was being serious, unlike when I call Lathander an idiot. You over-reacted, and that's pretty much all there is to it. In fact, that's pretty much all you've done lately. We don't need a mom standing over us making sure we play nice.
<a href="http://www.code-haven.com">Code Haven</a> - For all your programming needs.

I detest what you write, but I would give my life to make it possible for you to continue to write. - Some Guy Who Paraphrased Voltaire
User avatar
Shevarash
FORGER CODER
Posts: 2944
Joined: Fri Dec 29, 2000 6:01 am

Re: Corth Got Banninated

Postby Shevarash » Sun May 25, 2008 6:40 pm

You're free to have whatever opinion you want of my actions, but I'm not interested in discussing Corth's punishment with you. I suggest letting him fight his own battles - he's a big boy.
Shevarash -- Code Forger of TorilMUD
Arilin Nydelahar
Sojourner
Posts: 1499
Joined: Sat Jul 27, 2002 5:01 am
Location: Virginia Beach
Contact:

Re: Corth Got Banninated

Postby Arilin Nydelahar » Sun May 25, 2008 6:45 pm

I'm really surprised it's taken this long for someone to get banned. Nearly everyone here has been doing absolutely nothing but trying to push buttons to make that to happen. Deny it all you want, but the fact remains that's the only thing anyone is trying to accomplish.

When the ban happens, that I'm personally glad happened although if it were my choice it would have been sooner the victim card that someone else pipes up and mentioned.

I'm terribly glad you can name numerous boards more active and less restricted. Go there. This obviously isn't the one. They stated the rules pretty clearly. The forum as a whole is trash, everything in it isn't worth reading, this is the first time i've bothered to check the board in the past few weeks because I don't want to read the tripe everyone seems to be spouting off. This forum has NEVER been this bad. The moment Jake posted that retarded 3000 post thread, it started and it's snowballed from there.

And the thing is, it's not even the staffs fault, that was the first thread in awhile I remember being moderated, and you all flew off the handle. Everyone on both sides has been snippy, staff and the player base(though the player base more so). You guys wonder why 2.0 will never see the light of day. Hell, when I login here reading all this crap makes me want to play less and less, why freaking bother putting forth any effort for anyone who has nothing better to do than 1. Not play and 2. Pick fights with staff.

Really?
Shevarash OOC: 'what can I say, I'm attracted to crazy chicks and really short dudes'
Thilindel
Sojourner
Posts: 3173
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2003 9:09 pm
Location: Indianapolis

Re: Corth Got Banninated

Postby Thilindel » Sun May 25, 2008 7:00 pm

Heh, funny that arlin posts anything pro-ban given he's a vocal jerk when he doesn't like an idea someone else has. Does he generically not like it? No. He makes it personal and can't quit with the adjectives. Most is the case with the forums. There are several turds here who can't just disagree. They have to do so with malice.

While Shev was gone, several people were whining that there were inconsistent rules and nothing being upheld across the board. Now Shev's trying to make an attempt to have blanket rules, and enforce them. But now that he is, the most brash and cynical are the ones complaining. The ones who find it hard to sugar coat, nor even attempt to be tactful, are upset.

I've only been vocal as a turd when someone has been rude and it carried over. *shrug* Everybody's human, yet it's clear Shev's rules aren't going away. Let alone people were crying out for them a couple months ago. Here they are now, and in full effect. Why does one have to keep trying to push buttons thereafter? Logic seems to dictate that when tactless teasing to the person/people trying to create 2.0 leads to non-construct, then it should cease.
Grundar tells you 'I took on the entire football team once. The only reason my mom knew later was because I had a runny nose'
Arilin Nydelahar
Sojourner
Posts: 1499
Joined: Sat Jul 27, 2002 5:01 am
Location: Virginia Beach
Contact:

Re: Corth Got Banninated

Postby Arilin Nydelahar » Sun May 25, 2008 7:10 pm

Thilindel wrote:Heh, funny that arlin posts anything pro-ban given he's a vocal jerk when he doesn't like an idea someone else has. Does he generically not like it? No. He makes it personal and can't quit with the adjectives. Most is the case with the forums. There are several turds here who can't just disagree. They have to do so with malice.

While Shev was gone, several people were whining that there were inconsistent rules and nothing being upheld across the board. Now Shev's trying to make an attempt to have blanket rules, and enforce them. But now that he is, the most brash and cynical are the ones complaining. The ones who find it hard to sugar coat, nor even attempt to be tactful, are upset.

I've only been vocal as a turd when someone has been rude and it carried over. *shrug* Everybody's human, yet it's clear Shev's rules aren't going away. Let alone people were crying out for them a couple months ago. Here they are now, and in full effect. Why does one have to keep trying to push buttons thereafter? Logic seems to dictate that when tactless teasing to the person/people trying to create 2.0 leads to non-construct, then it should cease.


The funny thing is Thil, you weren't even in my realm of thought when I posted what I just did. Yeah, I posted something pro-staff. Excuse me if I feel bad for them because everyone is just dog piling them. And thing is, the last paragraph of yours I agree with. That's more or less what i'm trying to say, so thank you for saying it.

Your first paragraph, I'll let go for the time being because I really am not trying to flame people. Though if you want to flame me, feel free, but take it back to the guild board, or PM me or some shit. I'm actually attempting to keep this one clean.
Shevarash OOC: 'what can I say, I'm attracted to crazy chicks and really short dudes'
Thilindel
Sojourner
Posts: 3173
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2003 9:09 pm
Location: Indianapolis

Re: Corth Got Banninated

Postby Thilindel » Sun May 25, 2008 7:27 pm

Actually, so was I. There are some who just have a history of being vocal and crass towards the person behind an idea. It's much like law and court shenanigans. Many attorneys in the past have proven it's not fact, but delivery that finds point in the crowd.
Grundar tells you 'I took on the entire football team once. The only reason my mom knew later was because I had a runny nose'
Gormal
Sojourner
Posts: 3917
Joined: Tue Feb 13, 2001 6:01 am
Location: A Whale's Vagina
Contact:

Re: Corth Got Banninated

Postby Gormal » Sun May 25, 2008 7:48 pm

I'd comment on why we're acting like we are and saying the things we've been saying... but Shev honestly can't deal with criticism at all and he'd just delete my post.
User avatar
Shevarash
FORGER CODER
Posts: 2944
Joined: Fri Dec 29, 2000 6:01 am

Re: Corth Got Banninated

Postby Shevarash » Sun May 25, 2008 8:12 pm

I can deal with constructive criticism just fine, and the existence of these boards at all is a good indication of such. What I can't deal with is nonconstructive flaming whose sole purpose is to create drama and entertainment for the people posting it, at everybody else's expense.
Shevarash -- Code Forger of TorilMUD
Gormal
Sojourner
Posts: 3917
Joined: Tue Feb 13, 2001 6:01 am
Location: A Whale's Vagina
Contact:

Re: Corth Got Banninated

Postby Gormal » Sun May 25, 2008 9:02 pm

"You're a jerk"
"Apologize now"
"How about no"
"You're banned for calling him a jerk"

Yeah, that's some hardcore flaming right there.

Shevarash wrote:I suggest letting him fight his own battles - he's a big boy


That you'd actually have the nerve to post this in a thread about you fighting Marth's battles for him speaks volumes.
Teyaha
Sojourner
Posts: 1085
Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2001 5:01 am

Re: Corth Got Banninated

Postby Teyaha » Sun May 25, 2008 9:16 pm

Gormal wrote:"You're a jerk"
"Apologize now"
"How about no"
"You're banned for calling him a jerk"

Yeah, that's some hardcore flaming right there.

Shevarash wrote:I suggest letting him fight his own battles - he's a big boy


That you'd actually have the nerve to post this in a thread about you fighting Marth's battles for him speaks volumes.


fighting marth's battles?

corth insulted a staff member, and in a flagrant way that was NOTHING Like the thread on..wtf was it on, housing or some shit?..where they called each others IDEAS idiotic. you are grasping at straws and you know it. we know it. any rational thinking human being knows it.

shev is looking out for his staff. that's his right and his privilege. it wouldnt have mattered who asked corth to aplogize, his response would have been the same and you know it.

i like corth, but he went too far in pushing the staff on the new rules. your points can be made without resorting to the hostility and verbal diarrhea that surrounds that point in some peoples' posts.

corth can fight his own battles regarding his suspension - that's what it was, a suspension.

sarcasm does not translate well into text. how many times is that going to be explained before you and corth and others get it? was corths' response in jest or sarcasm? who the hell knows, we arent there next to him to hear his tone of voice, his pitch or see his mannerisms nor would we have a baseline of 'serious corth' to compare to. any outside observer would see his response as him bucking the little authority we have here, and nothing more.

the victim card has been punched in and out. there is no more overtime. collect your severence and be done with it already.
User avatar
Shevarash
FORGER CODER
Posts: 2944
Joined: Fri Dec 29, 2000 6:01 am

Re: Corth Got Banninated

Postby Shevarash » Sun May 25, 2008 10:07 pm

Gormal wrote:"You're a jerk"
"Apologize now"
"How about no"
"You're banned for calling him a jerk"

Yeah, that's some hardcore flaming right there.

Shevarash wrote:I suggest letting him fight his own battles - he's a big boy


That you'd actually have the nerve to post this in a thread about you fighting Marth's battles for him speaks volumes.


Gormal...are you really going to argue that this was an isolated incident and Corth doesn't have a record of abusing staff members and didn't deserve some sort of punishment? Are you really saying that I don't have the right, as owner and operator of this MUD, to protect the staff members from abuse?

REALLY?
Shevarash -- Code Forger of TorilMUD
Unicorn 2.0
Sojourner
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun May 25, 2008 10:49 pm

Re: Corth Got Banninated

Postby Unicorn 2.0 » Sun May 25, 2008 10:55 pm

Shevarash,

I had no intention of making another account to post on these forums. 3 days is not a long time. However, if your going to suggest that I fight my own battles, then sure, I will.

Lets be truthful here. This has nothing to do with me calling Marth a jerk. This is everything about me making it my business to point out what a disaster you have been, and are, as forger of this mud. Someone asked me a few weeks ago why I bother to try and convince you to do things differently, as its like trying to talk to a brick wall. My answer is that I have no intention of trying to reform you. There is no way you will ever be able to competently run the mud. Rather, my goal has been to point out your incompetence so that hopefully at some point people will acknowledge what a disaster you are, and demand new leadership. Will that ever happen? Probably not. But lets be truthful here.

So go ahead and extend my ban. Marth was a jerk. YOU are an incompetent asshole.

Corth
Gormal
Sojourner
Posts: 3917
Joined: Tue Feb 13, 2001 6:01 am
Location: A Whale's Vagina
Contact:

Re: Corth Got Banninated

Postby Gormal » Sun May 25, 2008 11:03 pm

Shevarash wrote:Gormal...are you really going to argue that this was an isolated incident and Corth doesn't have a record of abusing staff members and didn't deserve some sort of punishment? Are you really saying that I don't have the right, as owner and operator of this MUD, to protect the staff members from abuse?

REALLY?


Calling me a jerk wouldn't even register on my radar, and unless Marth went crying to you behind closed doors, I doubt he gave a shit. Yes, Corth has a history of posting inflammatory things, but you decide to get all paternal and threaten to ground him if he doesn't apologize like he's 5 years old. You have the right to protect people sure, but you told people to stop protecting Corth and let him fend for himself (while banned), after you yourself had just come to defend one of yours just the same.

You've been extremely one-sided in which segment of the mud you cater to of late, and its pissed many of us who actually do have thick skin off. As much as you want this to be a family mud, you tiptoe around trying to hang up pictures of bunnies and puffy clouds and shit, forcing away a lot of good players and letting the carebears take over. Are you saying that as someone who's played and contributed to this community for nearly as long as you have that I don't have a right to call your decisions into question?

REALLY?

We've given you simple solutions that take absolutely no effort and have no negative impact on the forums that will protect your fragile minions but you've ignored them. We've asked many questions and been promised answers since your return and you've ignored them. You change the forum rules and most of your biggest contributors object and you've ignored them. Its hard for people to respect any of the staff when their boss treats everyone beneath him like crap.
User avatar
Shevarash
FORGER CODER
Posts: 2944
Joined: Fri Dec 29, 2000 6:01 am

Re: Corth Got Banninated

Postby Shevarash » Sun May 25, 2008 11:14 pm

Unicorn 2.0 wrote:Shevarash,

I had no intention of making another account to post on these forums. 3 days is not a long time. However, if your going to suggest that I fight my own battles, then sure, I will.

Lets be truthful here. This has nothing to do with me calling Marth a jerk. This is everything about me making it my business to point out what a disaster you have been, and are, as forger of this mud. Someone asked me a few weeks ago why I bother to try and convince you to do things differently, as its like trying to talk to a brick wall. My answer is that I have no intention of trying to reform you. There is no way you will ever be able to competently run the mud. Rather, my goal has been to point out your incompetence so that hopefully at some point people will acknowledge what a disaster you are, and demand new leadership. Will that ever happen? Probably not. But lets be truthful here.

So go ahead and extend my ban. Marth was a jerk. YOU are an incompetent asshole.

Corth


Goodbye, Corth.
Shevarash -- Code Forger of TorilMUD
Unicorn 2.0
Sojourner
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun May 25, 2008 10:49 pm

Re: Corth Got Banninated

Postby Unicorn 2.0 » Sun May 25, 2008 11:15 pm

Bye :)
flib
Sojourner
Posts: 322
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2004 11:14 pm
Location: Annapolis, MD

Re: Corth Got Banninated

Postby flib » Sun May 25, 2008 11:23 pm

ok, I have an issue with all this now. I'm so for free speech and all that, but I Love this game and there's tons of people like me that do as well. I don't know Shevarash's credentials as a forger, I don't know how to code so i'm so not even gonna go there.

The fact is this, he is the owner and sole propreiter of this mud that me, you and alot of us hold very dear to our hearts, I don't wanna find out in a day or two that he shuts this down because of stupid bullshit posts about his compotency, i'm sorry.

I actually think you're an ok guy corth and all that but dude, chill the fuck out on calling out the person that makes this experience possible, please. ffs..
Gormal
Sojourner
Posts: 3917
Joined: Tue Feb 13, 2001 6:01 am
Location: A Whale's Vagina
Contact:

Re: Corth Got Banninated

Postby Gormal » Sun May 25, 2008 11:29 pm

Not to be too much of an asshole, but Shev is not the keystone to Toril, Flib. The machine is not housed on his property and the mud managed to survive months of his absence without warning. Shev has done a lot over the years, but part of being in charge is being held accountable. At this point, every player is more like a shareholder in the Toril community, and thats something that just comes along with that type of relationship.
amena wolfsnarl
Sojourner
Posts: 439
Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2008 2:14 pm
Location: grande prairie alberta canada

Re: Corth Got Banninated

Postby amena wolfsnarl » Sun May 25, 2008 11:31 pm

Agree Flib
Dugmaren tells you 'Welcome to Canada, don't blame us if you're stupid enough to get eaten by the wild life'
Botef
Sojourner
Posts: 1056
Joined: Fri May 10, 2002 5:01 am
Location: Eastern Washington
Contact:

Re: Corth Got Banninated

Postby Botef » Mon May 26, 2008 12:11 am

You know I have to wonder what kind of response Marth expected from his post? It may not have been a direct flame but come on, you know it was made in jest. That said I have nothing against Marth, I think he's a great area's god who actually makes a concerted effort to improve the mud on a regular basis. I just found that rather humorous. And jebus Teyaha...?! thats all Im gonna say.
Sunamit group-says 'imrex west, tibek backstab touk i think his name is on entry'
// Post Count +1
flib
Sojourner
Posts: 322
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2004 11:14 pm
Location: Annapolis, MD

Re: Corth Got Banninated

Postby flib » Mon May 26, 2008 1:10 am

agree to the part about accountability gorm, but verbally abusing someone because of the title they hold is well just not cool, and honestly shouldn't be tolerated.

playing around, like hah yer such a ahole with your friends is funny, and not offensive but blatantly saying to someone you stink and do a horrible job and are an ahole is.

there's never a need for that sort of behavior, it's just plain rude and disrespectful.
Last edited by flib on Mon May 26, 2008 1:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gormal
Sojourner
Posts: 3917
Joined: Tue Feb 13, 2001 6:01 am
Location: A Whale's Vagina
Contact:

Re: Corth Got Banninated

Postby Gormal » Mon May 26, 2008 1:10 am

For those who weren't on at the time, Corth is sitebanned from the MUD and the bbs. If you want the logs PM me with your email address and you can have them.
Gormal
Sojourner
Posts: 3917
Joined: Tue Feb 13, 2001 6:01 am
Location: A Whale's Vagina
Contact:

Re: Corth Got Banninated

Postby Gormal » Mon May 26, 2008 1:14 am

Yeah Corth's calling Shev an asshole was out of line and even Corth knew it before he hit post cause he warned me to read it fast before it was deleted. However, Corth was pretty upset at being banned for calling Marth out when he made a smartass comment. Lets be honest, Marth's little quip was a bit of a dig on Corth, so he gave a tiny dig back. Corth's been a big part of these forums and its a shame that this is what the whole situation came to a head over.
User avatar
Shevarash
FORGER CODER
Posts: 2944
Joined: Fri Dec 29, 2000 6:01 am

Re: Corth Got Banninated

Postby Shevarash » Mon May 26, 2008 1:27 am

The straw itself is never particularly noteworthy - it's the broken back that stands out.
Shevarash -- Code Forger of TorilMUD
Gormal
Sojourner
Posts: 3917
Joined: Tue Feb 13, 2001 6:01 am
Location: A Whale's Vagina
Contact:

Re: Corth Got Banninated

Postby Gormal » Mon May 26, 2008 1:29 am

What I think you fail to understand is that he felt exactly the same way.
User avatar
Shevarash
FORGER CODER
Posts: 2944
Joined: Fri Dec 29, 2000 6:01 am

Re: Corth Got Banninated

Postby Shevarash » Mon May 26, 2008 1:34 am

I'll let his actions speak for themselves. I have made no attempt to edit or delete his posts. I agree that it's a sorry event and a shameful day in Toril history, but I suggest that we all move on, and I know I'm going to.
Shevarash -- Code Forger of TorilMUD
Nurpy Fuzzyfeet
Sojourner
Posts: 288
Joined: Thu Jul 08, 2004 12:28 am

Re: Corth Got Banninated

Postby Nurpy Fuzzyfeet » Mon May 26, 2008 2:40 am

The cause of this animosity I'm sure stems from the lack of promised development that has not been delivered...for a long time. No update for a year? No wonder...people get bored.

A three day ban turned to forever because someone is disgruntled and what is the point of that? Three days can go by and NOTHING new will be posted on this BBS. That's not a punishment, that's a warning. If you don't heed the warning and blatantly continue with those munchkin tendencies what do you really expect to happen?

It would ease the tensions around here if maybe we had a reason why this development is taking so long, other than "it's the last 10%, so it's really hard". If no reasons are given, combined with the prolonged absence of any staff presence, people think nothing is happening at all.
Aristan group-says 'nurpy=tripod'

Shevarash GCC: 'Tiamat stands here, fighting Nurpy.'
Dalar
Sojourner
Posts: 4905
Joined: Sun Feb 25, 2001 6:01 am

Re: Corth Got Banninated

Postby Dalar » Mon May 26, 2008 3:18 am

Nothing is going to happen. There is nobody who will take it up anyways. Go play AoC or something and give up Corth/Gormal/Whomever.
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.

Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
Ragorn
Sojourner
Posts: 4732
Joined: Mon Jan 29, 2001 6:01 am

Re: Corth Got Banninated

Postby Ragorn » Mon May 26, 2008 3:26 am

I don't know why it's so difficult to simply come out and talk about things the way they are.

1. Corth deserved to get banned. Shevarash is right, Corth's "last straw" wasn't a bannable offense in and of itself. But for real, read the forums once in a while. I'd have banned him by this point too. Nobody is surprised that he's gone, and if you say you are, you're lying.

2. Shevarash, you've been overmoderating the forums. You don't need to remove cat pictures, and you don't need to assume that every retired player posts for the sole purpose of pissing you off. You've made your point -- you have a button on your console that removes posts, and you will use it solely at your discretion. It's time to back down and let things return to normal.

3. Gormal, shut the fuck up already. I went emo on the Sojourn 2 forum when Mystra banned you, because you didn't deserve it then. But seriously, now you're being a douche. It's time for you to stop deliberately pissing Shevarash off so you can cry martyr when he deletes your shit. No, your 3000th post wasn't particularly egregious. But seriously, let it go.

4. This forum HAS been worthless for the last month. The forum community has taken sides, and both sides are equally to blame. Shevarash, give us an "old timers tavern" forum with a bright yellow banner which says that the forum is only loosely moderated and leave it at that. And then the rest of you, let's take our political flamewars and threads full of cat pictures in there, and leave General Discussion to conversations about Indiana Jones and stupid internet memes. I don't see why this has to be difficult.

5. The BBS has a tremendous potential simply based on the players who choose to gather here. The players are part of Toril's value. This game has a legacy in its community, and it's excellent that there ARE still people here who remember caravan trade, and ~ soloing Chlora, and massive IC Vault spanks, and Monks whomping Tiamat. This game has legends, and the legends are passed on by the community. Shevarash, if you think that "old, retired, bitter players" have nothing to offer the game anymore, then you're passing up an opportunity. Most of us (with obvious exceptions) don't ask for much, and it's very little skin off your back to make us happy. Case in point: Why is Todrael leaving? What could be done to keep a longtime player from disappearing, and taking his legacy with him?

6. Finally, I'll reiterate the issue that has always been my biggest problem with this place... and indeed, the reason I left and never came back. There's no communication between the staff and the players. Shevarash, we want to hear what's going on with 2.0. We want to read the deity and domain lists. We are all excited by your 2.0 project, even me. But it's easy to lose that excitement when you don't give us any updates for almost a year. Yes, we all know that 2.0 will be in SOON. We know what SOON means. However, you've had a lot of excitement in the air around here in the last couple years, and all it takes on your part to keep the engine turning is one post every two months about some new aspect of the game. We all genuinely want to know the status of the project. People are going to gripe when Christmas 2008 comes and Toril 2.0 still isn't in... but if you release five lists of class skills between now and then, at least we have a better reason to keep waiting until Christmas 2009.

All right, that's all I've got. I come here because I have friends here, and it's been a nice place to hang out from time to time. But between the players and the forgers both, it's really sucked for the last couple weeks. If this is what the Toril BBS is going to be like, then I'm more or less done with it. It doesn't matter whose fault it is. It's lame, and I'm over it.
- Ragorn
Shar: Leave the moaning to the people who have real issues to moan about like rangers or newbies.
Corth: Go ask out a chick that doesn't wiggle her poon in people's faces for a living.
teflor the ranger
Sojourner
Posts: 3923
Joined: Fri Jul 26, 2002 5:01 am
Location: Waterdeep

Re: Corth Got Banninated

Postby teflor the ranger » Mon May 26, 2008 3:58 am

Kifle wrote:Without, gormal, , myself, and dartan, very very very little would be posted here.


If that's not good enough a reason to leave, I don't know what is.
Teflor does. Teflor does not.
Unicorn 3.0
Sojourner
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon May 26, 2008 3:47 am

Re: Corth Got Banninated

Postby Unicorn 3.0 » Mon May 26, 2008 4:06 am

For what its worth, Ragorn is quite right that I deserved to be banned. I'm definitely not trying to play a victim card. I've been getting under Shev's skin for a while now, and I finally crossed that invisible line that doesn't really need to be defined.

However, for the record, I was actually trying my best NOT to flame Marth when I called him a jerk. I thought it was a somewhat humorous non flamey way to get across the point that he was.. well.. being a jerk! I don't call people jerks to flame them.

I wasn't really even bothered by the 3 day ban, and I had intended to abide by it. What annoyed me was Shev saying I should fight my own battles, meanwhile he had me banned so I couldn't! Calling him an asshole isn't really my style. To that extent, I do apologize to Shev. Normally I would find something a lot more snarky and cutting that he couldn't use as a justification to finally get rid of me.

Anyway, I have no desire to be where I'm not wanted. Well, at least not wanted by the guy who runs things. I had a fun time when I played this mud. I met some wonderful people, and I got to keep in touch through this bbs over the years. I was actually particularly touched by Sarvis' sentiment that he wouldn't post for 3 days. Obviously we don't see eye to eye on a lot of things, but we always had a fair debate. But beside Sarvis, I have a lot of friends here, and I hope to hear from people. My AIM is corth7431 if anyone ever cares to contact me.

Corth
flib
Sojourner
Posts: 322
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2004 11:14 pm
Location: Annapolis, MD

Re: Corth Got Banninated

Postby flib » Mon May 26, 2008 5:59 am

Nurpy Fuzzyfeet wrote:The cause of this animosity I'm sure stems from the lack of promised development that has not been delivered...for a long time. No update for a year? No wonder...people get bored.

A three day ban turned to forever because someone is disgruntled and what is the point of that? Three days can go by and NOTHING new will be posted on this BBS. That's not a punishment, that's a warning. If you don't heed the warning and blatantly continue with those munchkin tendencies what do you really expect to happen?

It would ease the tensions around here if maybe we had a reason why this development is taking so long, other than "it's the last 10%, so it's really hard". If no reasons are given, combined with the prolonged absence of any staff presence, people think nothing is happening at all.


if you'd play the game you would have been at the mini gcc conference shev shar and most of the toril community had. he was upfront about what was going on, so before you make insinuation you gotta get yer facts in order.

take care corth, good luck to you and your family in all your future endeavors, seriously :).
Gormal
Sojourner
Posts: 3917
Joined: Tue Feb 13, 2001 6:01 am
Location: A Whale's Vagina
Contact:

Re: Corth Got Banninated

Postby Gormal » Mon May 26, 2008 9:34 am

Flib... come on. Shev admitted that he hasn't done anything in 4 months. You've really gotta get YOUR facts straight before you start berating people, just because you happened to be on at the right time doesn't make you special. I think I'm going to post the GCC log so this kind of thing can't happen again.

Edit: The Log
flib
Sojourner
Posts: 322
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2004 11:14 pm
Location: Annapolis, MD

Re: Corth Got Banninated

Postby flib » Mon May 26, 2008 9:59 am

ya, i was informed he still played, my bad. I admit where i'm wrong heh.
Yasden
Sojourner
Posts: 1597
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2001 6:01 am
Location: Lake Stevens, WA, USA

Re: Corth Got Banninated

Postby Yasden » Mon May 26, 2008 5:47 pm

Oh damn. Who are people going to use for well/relo target now?

STOP THIS MADNESS!!!!1!!1!

Sorry to see you go, Corth. :(
Support Your Addiction! Vote for TorilMUD Today!

Top Mud Sites: http://www.topmudsites.com/cgi-bin/topmuds/rankem.cgi?id=shev

Why Nerox is jealous of me:

Nerox tells you 'man this thing is kicking my ass and i have blisters!'
Nerox tells you 'ok attempting it again put tape on my fingers for easier sliding'
Yayaril
Sojourner
Posts: 2551
Joined: Sun Feb 18, 2001 6:01 am
Location: Green Bay, WI

Re: Corth Got Banninated

Postby Yayaril » Tue May 27, 2008 5:38 am

8)

Yayaril was here.
Gormal
Sojourner
Posts: 3917
Joined: Tue Feb 13, 2001 6:01 am
Location: A Whale's Vagina
Contact:

Re: Corth Got Banninated

Postby Gormal » Tue May 27, 2008 8:41 am

This is my statement of intent. I am done posting in the general discussion area of these forums. Shevarash has stated that 6 of us make up the bulk of the content here, so as he bans one, I'm leaving too. I'd rather take my political debates and enjoyable content to this place or wherever you personally enjoy. I don't trust the staff here to fairly moderate content, so I've chosen to move on. Shevarash: You've killed the MUD and now you're killing the forums.

Farewell.
Last edited by Gormal on Tue May 27, 2008 8:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gormal
Sojourner
Posts: 3917
Joined: Tue Feb 13, 2001 6:01 am
Location: A Whale's Vagina
Contact:

Re: Corth Got Banninated

Postby Gormal » Tue May 27, 2008 8:44 am

Offsite url's have apparently been disabled, I'm sorry but you'll have to copy/paste if you want to view a successful website that I post on from now on.

Return to “T2 General Discussion Archive”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest