Best TV Show on Now

Life, the universe, and everything.
Forum rules
- No personal attacks against players or staff members - please be civil!
- No posting of mature images/links, keep content SFW. If it's NSFW, don't post it on these forums.
Kifle
Sojourner

Best TV Show on Now

Postby Kifle » Mon Oct 06, 2008 7:33 pm

Name says it all. Since Scrubs is on its last season, what is going to take its place as the top show? My personal favorites are How I Met Your Mother and House.
Fotex group-says 'Behold! penis!'

Kifle puts on his robe and wizard hat.

Thalidyrr tells you 'Yeah, you know, getting it like a jackhammer wears you out.'

Teflor "You can beat a tank with a shovel!!1!1!!one!!1!uno!!"
Gormal
Sojourner

Re: Best TV Show on Now

Postby Gormal » Mon Oct 06, 2008 7:44 pm

Dexter, Californication, and BSG are the only shows I am compelled to watch. Heroes is taking a turn for the incredibly lame early this season. I hope that the last season of BSG will be great since there's really no need for the crappy filler episodes that kept cropping up in the past (Scar lol). I tried to get into Weeds but after the first season it was too boring to watch even if Kevin Nealon is hillarious.
Oghma
Staff Member - Admin

Postby Oghma » Mon Oct 06, 2008 7:47 pm

I'm really enjoying How I met your Mother. It's very difficult for me to pick a favorite however. As far as comedies go, I love How I Met your Mother, Big Bang Theory (appeals to the nerd in all of us), and Psych.
For Dramas, my top shows would have to be Battlestar Galactica (seriously, do we need 9 months between seasons?), Heroes (I really hope this keeps my interest as well as Season 1 did), and obviously House (I can't help but love the guy who loves to hate.)
Oghma The Lord of Knowledge, God of Bards
[ Administrator ] of TorilMUD
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:09 pm

I've been watching Terminator: Sara Connor Chronicles, House, and umm, whatever crappy reality shows my wife forces me to watch. When Lost is back on i'll watch that too.
Having said all that, the situation has been handled, so this thread is pretty much at an end. -Kossuth

Goddamned slippery mage.
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:24 pm

Scrubs is still on? I thought last season was it's last...

My TV's been broken for the last few weeks, so I can't really say I've seen everything. Looking forward to Heroes though.

Been keeping up with The Simpsons and Terminator: Sarah Connor Chronicles on Hulu, and they're good as always.

How I Met Your Mother was a favorite last season, and Big Bang Theory grew on me too... but our Cable provider is having a dispute with the Network so I can't watch those now anyway! :(
<a href="http://www.code-haven.com">Code Haven</a> - For all your programming needs.

I detest what you write, but I would give my life to make it possible for you to continue to write. - Some Guy Who Paraphrased Voltaire
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:55 pm

You can always watch them online, Sarvis; we have the technology. But, yeah, scrubs is in its final season (8) starting in December (on ABC). It's basically the last portion of season 7 that couldn't be shot/produced because of the writers strike. Big Bang theory is pretty awesome, but the new season is kinda starting off lame. I've also started to watch flight of the conchords (fucking hilarious HBO show) and chuck, but it's hard to top HIMYM.

Also, Corth, just do what I do and move to a different TV when she wants to you watch america's top model or whatever shit "the learning channel" is shitting out of the screen these days.

Thalidyrr tells you 'Yeah, you know, getting it like a jackhammer wears you out.'

Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Mon Oct 06, 2008 9:55 pm

Like I said, I've been watching Sarah Connor on Hulu.com...

I just want to get Heroes in HD (or at least better than on Hulu) so I'm going to have to burn it onto DVD once my TV is fixed...
<a href="http://www.code-haven.com">Code Haven</a> - For all your programming needs.

I detest what you write, but I would give my life to make it possible for you to continue to write. - Some Guy Who Paraphrased Voltaire
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:52 pm

Kifle,

Apparently she doesn't enjoy those shows as much unless I'm there against my will to 'enjoy' them with her. Its ummm how we spend quality time together.. we watch her shows.
Having said all that, the situation has been handled, so this thread is pretty much at an end. -Kossuth

Goddamned slippery mage.
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Mon Oct 06, 2008 11:16 pm

My dad bought my mom a tv and told her to watch whatever she wanted as long as he didn't have to long ago. Why not just find one or two shows you both enjoy then go your separate ways for the others?
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Mon Oct 06, 2008 11:22 pm

We do have two tv's. I watch my shows alone.. and I'm forced to watch her shows with her. How does that not make sense? :)

Goddamned slippery mage.
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Tue Oct 07, 2008 12:30 am

Let this be a lesson to all your newly married people: set the standard early on cause you'll be living with it forever. Also: get Showtime, they have the best shows on right now.
amena wolfsnarl
Sojourner

Postby amena wolfsnarl » Tue Oct 07, 2008 1:34 am

Its called quality time. Its when your wife decides that she wants to be a pita and make u suffer. I mean i get suckered into desperate housewife and end up giving her a foot rub..... what do i get outta that.....sore hands and a feeling of nausea from that stupid show
Dugmaren tells you 'Welcome to Canada, don't blame us if you're stupid enough to get eaten by the wild life'
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Tue Oct 07, 2008 2:15 am

amena wolfsnarl wrote:...giving her a foot rub..... what do i get outta that.....sore hands and a feeling of nausea...

May want to re-word that when you have the conversation with her, lest that's all she hears. ;)

Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Tue Oct 07, 2008 4:48 am

Am I the only woman in the world who hates having her feet touched? Uck

What's on our TIVO (I think God made TIVO)
House
Iron Chef America
Diners driveins and dives
Throwdown
Unwrapped
Anything Food network basically
How it's Made
Heroes (I dont watch but I sit with my guy while he watches it)

and is it time for Lost yet? I'm Jonesin!

And get a gamer gf or wife who will watch all the cool stuff with you! Heck skip TV and go MUD or Wow :) Or my latest desire, Wii FiT!!!
"When a child is born, so is a grandmother."

-Italian Proverb
Adriorn Darkcloak
Sojourner

Postby Adriorn Darkcloak » Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:01 pm

Lost.
Fringe.
Glenn Beck.
Droopy.
sotana
Sojourner

Postby sotana » Tue Oct 07, 2008 11:36 pm

Burn Notice! An older Bruce Campbell is still Bruce Campbell
Psych always manages to make me laugh
I'm watching Fringe but I haven't decided if it will hold my interest
I keep meaning to watch Sara Connor Chronicles but miss it every time. Is it worth hunting down on the internet? Looks interesting (plus it has Summer Glau who does mysteriouslpsycho well)
I loved Heroes the first season, was reserving judgment for the piece of the second season that made it on the air, and am just getting annoyed this season :-(
Waiting for the next season of Doctor Who, BSG, and Medium
HGTV: Curb Appeal, Designed to Sell
Adriorn Darkcloak
Sojourner

Postby Adriorn Darkcloak » Wed Oct 08, 2008 2:47 am

Yeah Sots. SOMETHING about Fringe still makes me question my interest.
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Wed Oct 08, 2008 4:24 am

sotana wrote:I keep meaning to watch Sara Connor Chronicles but miss it every time. Is it worth hunting down on the internet? Looks interesting (plus it has Summer Glau who does mysteriouslpsycho well)

http://www.hulu.com/terminator-the-sara ... chronicles

When hunting it down is this easy, just about anything is worth it. :P

The only problem with Hulu is they don't keep old episodes around long enough. You'll have to start with season 2... :(

Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Wed Oct 08, 2008 3:46 pm

"Big Bang Theory" wins for me, hands down. Every time I watch it, I laugh until I cry ... probably because I've always known people exactly like that.

I've watched "Fringe" a couple of times, but it's just not doing it for me. The premise is one that's been repeated on several shows since the early days of TV, and the idea is hardly fresh. I like the mad scientist character, but everything else makes me think "I've seen this somewhere before."

Other than that, I'll stick with "House" and "Bones."
Gormal tells you 'im a dwarven onion'
Gormal tells you 'always another beer-soaked layer'

Inama ASSOC:: 'though it may suit your fantasies to think so, i don't need oil for anything.'

Haley: Filthy lucre? I wash that lucre every day until it SHINES!
mynazzaraxxsyn
Sojourner

Postby mynazzaraxxsyn » Wed Oct 08, 2008 6:54 pm

Sons of Anarchy.
Lilithelle stops using a softly throbbing piece of flesh.
Gura group-says 'ill go solo the biznatch, just don't tell Stamm'
Kossuth responds to your petition with 'is it bad that the two words i think of when i see yer title are hottub and cthulhu? :('
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Wed Oct 08, 2008 7:30 pm

Oh yeah, forgot to mention 'hole in the wall'. That was about the most entertaining 5 minutes I've had this year before I got bored.

Goddamned slippery mage.
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Thu Oct 09, 2008 3:42 am

Corth wrote:Oh yeah, forgot to mention 'hole in the wall'. That was about the most entertaining 5 minutes I've had this year before I got bored.

We're talking about television entertainment, not truckstop entertainment.

Dirty sexy money wasn't that great for the season premier, but the second episode was pretty nice.

Kesena
Sojourner

Postby Kesena » Fri Oct 10, 2008 1:06 am

The best shows on television are Life and Pushing Daisies.
Gre'as'anto Lani
amena wolfsnarl
Sojourner

Postby amena wolfsnarl » Fri Oct 10, 2008 2:09 am

Come on i know everyone else is watching the new reality show Paris hilton's BFF! I mean who wouldnt dream of being BFF with her.......bleh television continues to sink lower and lower :(
Dugmaren tells you 'Welcome to Canada, don't blame us if you're stupid enough to get eaten by the wild life'
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Fri Oct 10, 2008 5:54 am

I watched House again for the first time in a while and I know I'd still enjoy that but 3-4 shows is more than enough for me. Life is pretty dumb imo, and as much as people seem to like Burn Notice, I really don't enjoy it at all since its WAY too fake. As for Fringe... Joshua Jackson is no Fox Mulder and that is all I have to say about that.
Lilira
Sojourner

Postby Lilira » Sat Oct 11, 2008 3:46 am

Lost is running on SciFi for four hours every Monday.

I'd love to watch it but it conflicts with something else... though I won't remember what til Monday. I'm gonna rent the first season and have a marathon I think while hubby is in class.

Ah yes.. Monday is Chuck, Heroes then Life.
Tuesday was Eureka, no longer a problem
Wed: Ghosthunters and something on before...
On Thu I'm recording Smallville and Supernatural.
On Fri I'm recording SG-A and Sanctuary.
~\o--Lilira Shadowlyre--o/~

You group-say 'my chars will carry the component on them if I can.'
Inama group-says 'hopefully they'll have some sort of volume discounts on ress items for people like you'
You group-say 'oh? Ya think? *giggle*'
Inama group-says 'they could at least implement frequent dier miles'

Suzalize group-says 'oh, eya's over weight i bet'
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Sun Oct 12, 2008 5:00 am

Lilira, my mondays are HIMYM and Big bang theory instead of chuck... I watch online episodes of chuck because I think I get more bang for my buck from the other two shows that play during its timeslot. You should check them out.

I keep hearing tons of stuff about lost, but I heard it's getting quite stale as the episodes go on... and it isn't into a respectable series number yet. What's the word on this one?

Return to “T2 General Discussion Archive”