Whats the best MMORPG?

Life, the universe, and everything.
Forum rules
- No personal attacks against players or staff members - please be civil!
- No posting of mature images/links, keep content SFW. If it's NSFW, don't post it on these forums.
daggaz
Sojourner

Whats the best MMORPG?

Postby daggaz » Sat Dec 06, 2008 1:33 pm

What do you like to play, and why? I would have made a poll, but I dont even know all the main brands out there beyond like WOW, UO, EQ2, and LOTR, so if somebody feels like putting a poll up as well, might be fun.

Anyhow, I was just curious about this, after reading about the new DarkFall MMO on Gianna's page www.thenoobcomic.com It seemed like a cool world they were building, tho I have serious misgivings about playing on servers crowded with PKers named IHaxUrShitz and InUrF4zD00dz. Has anybody else read the previews? What do you all think?
Kifle
Sojourner

Re: Whats the best MMORPG?

Postby Kifle » Sat Dec 06, 2008 3:11 pm

Me and the wife just reactivated our WoW accounts for the Christmas break, and I don't think much compares to it these days that we've played. My list includes eq2, LotRO, and AoC. I did like LotRO, but I think it suffered greatly from lack of actions being able to be used while moving. It made PvP very boring 1v1 (and subsequently group pvp) and limited creativity in PvE. They had some nice classes and quest ideas though, and I prefer the graphics to the other MMOs.
Fotex group-says 'Behold! penis!'

Kifle puts on his robe and wizard hat.

Thalidyrr tells you 'Yeah, you know, getting it like a jackhammer wears you out.'

Teflor "You can beat a tank with a shovel!!1!1!!one!!1!uno!!"
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Sat Dec 06, 2008 3:34 pm

The best MMO is World of Warcraft.

People will always bitch about it because people bitch about everything, but there are very few other options out there that people legitimately think are done better.

LOTRO isn't bad.
Warhammer isn't bad.
City of Heroes isn't bad, if that's your thing.
- Ragorn
Shar: Leave the moaning to the people who have real issues to moan about like rangers or newbies.
Corth: Go ask out a chick that doesn't wiggle her poon in people's faces for a living.
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Sat Dec 06, 2008 6:08 pm

If WoW is still the best, I'm still staying away from the genre. I didn't even find it as fun as this MUD...

I dunno though, it may be that years of mudding have rendered me bored of that kind of gameplay....
<a href="http://www.code-haven.com">Code Haven</a> - For all your programming needs.

I detest what you write, but I would give my life to make it possible for you to continue to write. - Some Guy Who Paraphrased Voltaire
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Sat Dec 06, 2008 7:12 pm

WoW took a bad turn when they introduced faction rep rewards... it turned too asian I believe; however, I play it because my wife does. I also played CoV, but it couldn't hold my interest past a month or so.

Thalidyrr tells you 'Yeah, you know, getting it like a jackhammer wears you out.'

kwirl
Sojourner

Postby kwirl » Sat Dec 06, 2008 8:59 pm

EQ and EQ2, DAoC, CoH, CoV, AoC, WoW...none of them were as fun in my mind as Earth and Beyond, which sadly, has moved on from this world. RIP.
Tasan
Sojourner

Postby Tasan » Sat Dec 06, 2008 10:03 pm

Match.com is the best, duh.
Danahg tells you 'yeah, luckily i kept most of it in my mouth and nasal membranes, ugh'

Dlur group-says 'I have a dead horse that I'm dragging down the shaft with my 4 corpses. Anyone want to help me beat it?'

Calladuran: There are other games to play if you want to play with yourself.
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Sun Dec 07, 2008 12:25 am

Tasan wrote:Match.com is the best, duh.

I hear e-Harmony has good results :)

Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Mon Dec 08, 2008 8:22 am

Kifle wrote:
Tasan wrote:Match.com is the best, duh.

I hear e-Harmony has good results :)

Tried it, ended up just meeting girls irl rather than the Internet. More fun that way.
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.
Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Mon Dec 08, 2008 9:37 am

You're all about the cock, Brian.

Also: Toril 2.0 is the best MMORPG.
kwirl
Sojourner

Postby kwirl » Mon Dec 08, 2008 3:41 pm

I tried match.com a couple years ago - ended up meeting a girl that I'd met a couple years before that had a crush on me but I had lost contact with. Amusing. We get together and have sex like once or twice a year as friends, but the girl im dating now ran into me on myspace.
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Mon Dec 08, 2008 8:46 pm

Wow, I see nobody got my joke...

Tasan
Sojourner

Postby Tasan » Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:47 am

That's my line you camel-jockey.

Get out of my thread.
Danahg tells you 'yeah, luckily i kept most of it in my mouth and nasal membranes, ugh'

Dlur group-says 'I have a dead horse that I'm dragging down the shaft with my 4 corpses. Anyone want to help me beat it?'

Calladuran: There are other games to play if you want to play with yourself.
Nurpy Fuzzyfeet
Sojourner

Postby Nurpy Fuzzyfeet » Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:41 am

Eve-Online

Its played in such a way that I've never seen before, and WOW doesn't even come close.
Aristan group-says 'nurpy=tripod'

Shevarash GCC: 'Tiamat stands here, fighting Nurpy.'
ssar
Sojourner

Postby ssar » Tue Jul 28, 2009 1:34 pm

Anyone we may know from TorilMUD?
(Interesting place to shove a remote when you are upset..)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5tWT6I1GvY
Llaaldara
Sojourner

Postby Llaaldara » Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:03 pm

for PvP - Guildwars
for PvEverythingelse - World of Warcraft

Working on my 4th 80 atm. Main is a shaman healer cuz stupid Dalar went and told me how great they were and he was fracking right (well except in ulduar.. and well.. not after today that is.. but anyways).

Ps. BSG's ending sucked.
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Wed Aug 05, 2009 6:02 pm

Llaaldara wrote:for PvP - Guildwars

Working on my 4th 80 atm. Main is a shaman healer cuz stupid Dalar went and told me how great they were and he was fracking right (well except in ulduar.. and well.. not after today that is.. but anyways).

Ps. BSG's ending sucked.

Should have made a druid :)

Llaaldara
Sojourner

Postby Llaaldara » Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:07 pm

Kifle wrote:
Llaaldara wrote:for PvP - Guildwars

Ps. BSG's ending sucked.

Should have made a druid :)

Yeah, top healers for as long as I can remember.. oh yeah.. and dps.. and good tanks. After this priest, and probably finally a dk, I probably will do the druid. But I doubt for healing.

Healing on resto druids is so... mindless. Spam rejuv. Wooopie do! I like the shaman class because Ulduar taught us to really be diverse in our healing. For example, on General V, I do around 1500 hps without going OOM by only healing the tank. Other healers are like 500-600 hps.

Well that was until 3.2. We'll see when we get to General this week, or next with the raid lock extension. (We're doing all HM's as we make our way thru this week). The 3.2 change gimped my lesser healing wave. I'm really missing me +30% haste to the spell and getting +20% crit instead. It's garbage. The way they keep doing tier bonuses, its like they really are trying to turn riptide into something it's not.

Ghostcrawler is a moron.
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:29 am

Lol, any druid who spams rejuv should be gkicked. It's all about nourish, and maximizing that is hardly mindless.

Anyone check out Aion yet? I'm kind of anticipating this right now. I've always been a fan of subclass type RPGs, and level 10 is probably the perfect time to start the split. The graphics look amazing, and the gameplay looks pretty nice.

Edit: Also, getting to pick a few other class specific skills? A cleric that can AoE grind? Awesome? A tank that can heal at times, yes sir!
Last edited by Kifle on Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mitharx
Sojourner

Postby Mitharx » Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:07 am

I am one with the restore druid. If I touched rejuv during any major battle (except when desperate), I'd kick my own ass. Regrowth... sure... Rejuv is for running away, to, or through stuff. Besides, I can't show off my dire bear tanking skills if I rejuv the whole time.

Be afraid.

Return to “T2 General Discussion Archive”