Woo! I'm in love

Life, the universe, and everything.
Forum rules
- No personal attacks against players or staff members - please be civil!
- No posting of mature images/links, keep content SFW. If it's NSFW, don't post it on these forums.
Thilindel
Sojourner

Woo! I'm in love

Postby Thilindel » Wed Feb 04, 2009 2:20 pm

Grundar tells you 'I took on the entire football team once. The only reason my mom knew later was because I had a runny nose'
avak
Sojourner

Re: Woo! I'm in love

Postby avak » Wed Feb 04, 2009 2:57 pm

Damnit, I was hoping for stripper stories.
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Wed Feb 04, 2009 3:17 pm

avak wrote:Damnit, I was hoping for stripper stories.

*sigh*

You know, it's taking me longer to get over Kayla than the last girl I actually dated...
<a href="http://www.code-haven.com">Code Haven</a> - For all your programming needs.

I detest what you write, but I would give my life to make it possible for you to continue to write. - Some Guy Who Paraphrased Voltaire
oteb
Sojourner

Postby oteb » Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:05 pm

You group-say 'who is da red shape?'
A red shape group-says 'I'm a shape'
avak
Sojourner

Postby avak » Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:28 pm

Sarvis wrote:You know, it's taking me longer to get over Kayla than the last girl I actually dated...

I think you probably just had more invested....

Post-purchase rationalization
http://www.freebase.com/view/en/post-purchase_rationalization

When I was ten I fell in love with the trapeze artist at the circus. That's kind of the same. Sarvis, I think you must have a pretty thick skin for putting up with all this bs'ing!
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:05 pm

avak wrote:
Sarvis wrote:You know, it's taking me longer to get over Kayla than the last girl I actually dated...

I think you probably just had more invested....

Post-purchase rationalization
http://www.freebase.com/view/en/post-purchase_rationalization

Actually, if anything I'm _trying_ to remember all the things she did that I didn't like so I can move on. The problem is I still miss just being with her...

When I was ten I fell in love with the trapeze artist at the circus. That's kind of the same.

Did you ever actually _talk_ to the trapeze artist though? I mean, I had a crush on Cybil Shepherd when I was a kid... sooooooooo not the same!

Sarvis, I think you must have a pretty thick skin for putting up with all this bs'ing!

Meh. I give and get worse from my friends, and they don't even know about the stripper thing!
<a href="http://www.code-haven.com">Code Haven</a> - For all your programming needs.

I detest what you write, but I would give my life to make it possible for you to continue to write. - Some Guy Who Paraphrased Voltaire
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:49 am

you're better off for it sarvis. i again advise you to focus on being happy with who you are and what you like to do. If you're true to that, eventually a worthy partner will come along.
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:47 am

kiryan wrote:you're better off for it sarvis. i again advise you to focus on being happy with who you are and what you like to do. If you're true to that, eventually a worthy partner will come along.

They always do. I'd also add, think of the herpes. Do you want herpes, Sarvis?
Fotex group-says 'Behold! penis!'

Kifle puts on his robe and wizard hat.

Thalidyrr tells you 'Yeah, you know, getting it like a jackhammer wears you out.'

Teflor "You can beat a tank with a shovel!!1!1!!one!!1!uno!!"
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:24 pm

kiryan wrote:you're better off for it sarvis. i again advise you to focus on being happy with who you are and what you like to do. If you're true to that, eventually a worthy partner will come along.

Oh? How do you know when the right woman shows up?

Kifle: She's not a whore, she doesn't have any higher chance of having herpes than any other girl.

Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:41 pm

Sarvis wrote:

Kifle: She's not a whore, she doesn't have any higher chance of having herpes than any other girl.

She's a stripper. Percentage-wise, you have a higher chance of herpes with a stripper than with a non-stripper. Whore or not, it's not something I'd gamble my dick on.

Also, there is not "right woman," but there are "right women." You shouldn't overromanticize dating or relationships. If you get along with her, and you have hightened feelings for her, she's the right one. Any woman that falls into those two categories have potential to be "the right one." It is the circumstances in the relationship that will ultimately prove whether or not one girl or another becomes the one you marry.

Thalidyrr tells you 'Yeah, you know, getting it like a jackhammer wears you out.'

Pril
Sojourner

Postby Pril » Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:50 pm

Kifle wrote:
Sarvis wrote:

She's a stripper. Percentage-wise, you have a higher chance of herpes with a stripper than with a non-stripper. Whore or not, it's not something I'd gamble my dick on.

Also, there is not "right woman," but there are "right women." You shouldn't overromanticize dating or relationships. If you get along with her, and you have hightened feelings for her, she's the right one. Any woman that falls into those two categories have potential to be "the right one." It is the circumstances in the relationship that will ultimately prove whether or not one girl or another becomes the one you marry.

Sarvis I have to agree with Kifle. Basically the reason for the high divorce rate in this country is people marrying based on love alone. You need to find someone you adore and someone who's shit you're willing to put up with as well as someone who's willing to put up with your shit. If you can deal with each others crap and respect each other then everything else will come a lot more easily. I know plenty of couples that over the course of their marriage have fallen out of love due to life, stress, etc. However since they respected each other and could deal with the other ones shit stuck it out to fall back in love later. Sorry to kill your "prince charming swooping the fair maiden" theory but that's just not how life is.
The best of WTF statments of '06
--------------------------------------------------------
Danila group-says 'afk, machine gun in backyard started shooting cats'
Danila group-says 'afk a sec, 3 horned monkeys trying to steal hose'
Danila group-says 'afk, koala bear trying to mount my car'
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:19 pm

Kifle wrote:
Sarvis wrote:

What are you basing that on, exactly? Strippers don't necessarily have more sex than other women you know. Unless they are whores, but she's probably not.

If you get along with her, and you have hightened feelings for her, she's the right one.

Yeah, that sounds like Kayla.

<b>Pril</b>: Hey, I'm not saying I want to propose to this girl or anything! I just want to spend time with her and get to know her better.

Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:29 pm

Sarvis wrote:Strippers don't necessarily have more sex than other women you know.

I suppose its possible that your average nun screws way more guys than Kayla. :)
Having said all that, the situation has been handled, so this thread is pretty much at an end. -Kossuth

Goddamned slippery mage.
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:35 pm

Corth wrote:
Sarvis wrote:Strippers don't necessarily have more sex than other women you know.

I suppose its possible that your average nun screws way more guys than Kayla. :)

Why not, your average priest probably screws more boys than strippers! I also know gay guys who have slept with more women than me...

Really, I think you guys are assigning too much importance to her job. Are you wholly and completely summed up by your job title Corth? Should we apply every lawyer stereotype to you when we talk to you?

Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:39 pm

Let me put it this way. A heck of a lot of the lawyer stereotypes are very accurate with respect to myself and my colleagues. Stereotypes usually have some basis in reality...
Having said all that, the situation has been handled, so this thread is pretty much at an end. -Kossuth

Goddamned slippery mage.
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:56 pm

Corth wrote:Let me put it this way. A heck of a lot of the lawyer stereotypes are very accurate with respect to myself and my colleagues. Stereotypes usually have some basis in reality...

Let's play "Guess that Reply!"

Sarvis: So you're saying all black people are lazy and can't swim?

Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:21 pm

Oh man... I hope this thread gets epic too.
- Ragorn
Shar: Leave the moaning to the people who have real issues to moan about like rangers or newbies.
Corth: Go ask out a chick that doesn't wiggle her poon in people's faces for a living.
Pril
Sojourner

Postby Pril » Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:22 pm

Kifle wrote:
Corth wrote:Let me put it this way. A heck of a lot of the lawyer stereotypes are very accurate with respect to myself and my colleagues. Stereotypes usually have some basis in reality...

Sarvis: So you're saying all asians can't drive?
The best of WTF statments of '06

--------------------------------------------------------

Danila group-says 'afk, machine gun in backyard started shooting cats'

Danila group-says 'afk a sec, 3 horned monkeys trying to steal hose'

Danila group-says 'afk, koala bear trying to mount my car'
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:24 pm

You guys should do it in PMs or something, or you're just influencing what I say so I can make you all wrong.

In any case, I think it's a little sad that Corth wants to identify himself entirely with his stereotype. On the other hand, we can probably buy his grandma's soul for a dollar...

Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:40 pm

Pril wrote:
Kifle wrote:

Sarvis: So you're saying all asians can't drive?

Sarvis: So you're saying all women belong in the kitchen?

Edit: Wait, that's not a stereotype, that's just a hard fact.

Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:44 pm

Lot's of things have "some" basis in reality. That doesn't mean they are 100% true or apply to everybody, and frankly it doesn't get you anywhere anyway. It certainly has nothing to do with whether or not a stripper is more likely to have herpes, given the amount of sex college students have today in general and the relaxed attitudes towards sex shown in younger generations. (Ugh... that makes me feel old.)

If anything, those relaxed attitudes mean normal girls are more likely to strip. After all, if you've texted naked pictures of yourself to your friends what's the big deal about taking your clothes off for some cash?

Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:18 pm

Kayla may be a virgin for all we know, but strippers are more likely to engage in casual sex and accumulate STD's. Does that summarize the issue sufficiently?

Goddamned slippery mage.
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:22 pm

Corth wrote:Kayla may be a virgin for all we know, but strippers are more likely to engage in casual sex and accumulate STD's. Does that summarize the issue sufficiently?

Once you explain why strippers are more likely to engage in casual sex than any other drunken sorority girl turned attorney, sure.

EDIT: Since I know you have trouble with subtlety and making assumptions, let me spell it out: I'm not saying strippers don't have sex. I'm saying other women ALSO engage in lots of casual sex.

avak
Sojourner

Postby avak » Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:28 pm

Sarvis wrote:I also know gay guys who have slept with more women than me...

That one night does not un-gay them.
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:31 pm

avak wrote:
Sarvis wrote:I also know gay guys who have slept with more women than me...

I didn't say it would, and I was implying multiple times there... not just one night.

Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:35 pm

Sure other women do, but this is a situation of place and peers. If all your friends do drugs, you're more likely to do drugs. Sorry, that's just fact. If you're bombarded with advertising for a product all day and night, you're more likely to purchase the product. If you spend all your time around smokers, you're more likely to smoke. A child growing up in an obese household is much more likely to be obese. In an atmosphere where casual sexual relations are more relaxed, accepted, expected or rewarded, you're much more likely to engage in casual sexual relations.

There's only a short distance between showing your body for money and sharing your body for money, really. The majority of the female population holds belief systems that prevent them from stripping for cash, for one reason or another. If you're capable of stepping past those boundaries, then you already have a personal moral or ethical system that would be more likely to allow you to engage in prostitution.

Let me point out that I'm not condemning in any way this behavior. To deny the potential for increased casual contact in an atmosphere which does everything it can to foster an illusion of willingness for such behavior is to deny the idea that watching a video of cold running water on a hot day can make us aware of our thirst and lead us to get up and get a drink of water.
Gormal tells you 'im a dwarven onion'
Gormal tells you 'always another beer-soaked layer'

Inama ASSOC:: 'though it may suit your fantasies to think so, i don't need oil for anything.'

Haley: Filthy lucre? I wash that lucre every day until it SHINES!
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:40 pm

Ashiwi wrote:Sure other women do, but this is a situation of place and peers. If all your friends do drugs, you're more likely to do drugs. Sorry, that's just fact. If you're bombarded with advertising for a product all day and night, you're more likely to purchase the product. If you spend all your time around smokers, you're more likely to smoke. A child growing up in an obese household is much more likely to be obese. In an atmosphere where casual sexual relations are more relaxed, accepted, expected or rewarded, you're much more likely to engage in casual sexual relations.

There's only a short distance between showing your body for money and sharing your body for money, really. The majority of the female population holds belief systems that prevent them from stripping for cash, for one reason or another. If you're capable of stepping past those boundaries, then you already have a personal moral or ethical system that would be more likely to allow you to engage in prostitution.

Let me point out that I'm not condemning in any way this behavior. To deny the potential for increased casual contact in an atmosphere which does everything it can to foster an illusion of willingness for such behavior is to deny the idea that watching a video of cold running water on a hot day can make us aware of our thirst and lead us to get up and get a drink of water.

Ok, but there's a reason I keep referring to girls in college you know. Raise your hand if you knew lots of people getting laid in college!

Somehow, despite being around people who did drugs and got laid a lot I didn't... *sigh*

avak
Sojourner

Postby avak » Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:41 pm

Sarvis wrote:
avak wrote:
Sarvis wrote:

I didn't say it would, and I was implying multiple times there... not just one night.

I sometimes can't believe what people will argue about on here...although I'm sure people have read my posts and thought the same thing. Anyway, above quote was a feeble attempt at humor. How about....

I also know gay guys who have slept with more women than me...Yeah, well I bet kayla has slept with more gay guys than most gay guys.

I've got nothin
Raiwen
Sojourner

Postby Raiwen » Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:01 pm

Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:11 pm

No, not at all. Several glaring differences, starting with this girl being way hotter than Kayla! Also sounding a lot more arrogant and bitchy.

But mostly, I don't show up that often and I don't want a new dancer every time.

Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:11 pm

That blog is an astonishingly good look into the stripper process. The best part is her sheer astonishment that this guy would have the audacity to assume that she would deign to favor him with a date. That was pure money.
- Ragorn
Shar: Leave the moaning to the people who have real issues to moan about like rangers or newbies.
Corth: Go ask out a chick that doesn't wiggle her poon in people's faces for a living.
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:52 pm

"OK, I was no heiress or movie star. But I was a triple-degreed woman with a decent-sized range of interests and discernible social skills."

My own bias, when someone has a promiscuous sexual past, I think they're nothing but filth. Women die to not be raped, yet other women give their shit away. I just find it disgusting for the ones who screw many or especially the menage a trois .. or worse (if that's possible)

However, any chick that does the splits, especially standing..it's certainly a portal to make your mind go nuts
Grundar tells you 'I took on the entire football team once. The only reason my mom knew later was because I had a runny nose'
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:54 pm

Wait, what? So any sex is equivalent to rape for you? What are you talking about, and what does that even have to do with the part you quoted?

The problem with rape is that the woman doesn't get a _choice_ in the matter, it's having your control and freedom taken away.

Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:57 pm

No, I said women die in order to not be raped. The other end of the prism are whores, sluts, and strippers who give their shit away for free or the highest buck.

The quoted part is that I find it funny a stripper would have any standard as to whom she dates. To be 'triple degreed' means nothing to my standards when person in question shows their ass for a buck.
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:08 pm

Thilindel wrote:No, I said women die in order to not be raped. The other end of the prism are whores, sluts, and strippers who give their shit away for free or the highest buck.

If you're not relating sex with rape, then what the hell do they have to do with each other?

The quoted part is that I find it funny a stripper would have any standard as to whom she dates. To be 'triple degreed' means nothing to my standards when person in question shows their ass for a buck.

Wow. Just... wow.

See, the thing is... you're the one judging her on one single solitary aspect of her life. As an object lesson:

You play online games, so you MUST be this guy:

Ok, now cue Corth to tell us how stereotypes all have a grain of truth.
Last edited by Sarvis on Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:14 pm

I could care less what you think of my opinion. It's mine and I find people who fuck for fun in uncommitted relationships to be quite vile. They spread disease. Condoms don't stop disease. Irregardless, as I said, you're thoughts are inconsequential to my self-worth.
avak
Sojourner

Postby avak » Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:55 pm

Thilindel wrote:I could care less what you think of my opinion. It's mine and I find people who fuck for fun in uncommitted relationships to be quite vile. They spread disease. Condoms don't stop disease. Irregardless, as I said, you're thoughts are inconsequential to my self-worth.

Well, at least your regressive, juvenile outlook on life is consistent. I can tell it is an educated opinion though, based on no less than three grammatical errors in a twelve word sentence. In fact, some grammar nazi should unravel that clusterfuk of a paragraph.

Anyway, you'd probably do well in Iran or Saudi Arabia.
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:01 pm

Thilindel wrote:I could care less what you think of my opinion. It's mine and I find people who fuck for fun in uncommitted relationships to be quite vile. They spread disease. Condoms don't stop disease. Irregardless, as I said, you're thoughts are inconsequential to my self-worth.

Absolutely. Condoms fail to stop disease in exactly the same way that "irregardless" is a word.

So why is doing something that's fun vile? I mean, people can spread disease just by being out in public so I somehow don't think that's your problem...

Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:05 pm

I'm constantly surprised to find out that there are still people out there who think that sex is a thing to be reviled. Yes, you have to exercise some care, but the simple fact that a person has had multiple sex partners in their lifetime doesn't make them worthless. The only types of sexual promiscuity I have a real problem with are people who don't use protection, and people who fuck outside their relationship without their partner's consent. The first is dangerous, the second is deceitful.

Other than that, I don't care how many people you've chosen to fuck in your lifetime. It doesn't matter.
- Ragorn
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:39 pm

haha I've a master's degree. Amazing you twinks have nothing better to do..

Someone voices an opinion and wah, cry more. Who would want their child coming out of a cumdumpster of a woman? Not directed at anybody. But one's opinion is their own. Fucked up country to have others talk shit because of it. I seriously doubt any male or female would be proud to say their other half posed in playboy, or worse. Whatever.

Come to think of it, maybe it's because I've worked in the ER for so long. I guess I've seen too many STD's for the rest of the ignorant population that think it's still cool to take chicks home from bars, or whatever else hooking up, just for fun, brings. Just keep doing what you want!
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:48 pm

Thilindel wrote:I seriously doubt any male or female would be proud to say their other half posed in playboy, or worse. Whatever.

Remember, you're talking to a guy who's in love with a stripper here. Also I'm sure there are LOTS of men who would brag if they ever had the chance to date a playboy model...

Come to think of it, maybe it's because I've worked in the ER for so long. I guess I've seen too many STD's for the rest of the ignorant population that think it's still cool to take chicks home from bars, or whatever else hooking up, just for fun, brings. Just keep doing what you want!

Maybe, but somehow I doubt STDs are the only thing you see in there that could be avoided with a little common sense.

Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:57 pm

Sarvis wrote:
Thilindel wrote:I seriously doubt any male or female would be proud to say their other half posed in playboy, or worse. Whatever.

Remember, you're talking to a guy who's in love with a stripper here. Also I'm sure there are LOTS of men who would brag if they ever had the chance to date a playboy model...

Do me a favor and cite where at ALL I said or insinuated I found strippers of any interest. No wonder you were so off track with me, you thought I was being a hypocrite; when I merely said the woman in my initial post, who does the splits, was fascinating.
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:03 am

Thilindel wrote:
Sarvis wrote:

Do me a favor and cite where at ALL I said or insinuated I found strippers of any interest. No wonder you were so off track with me, you thought I was being a hypocrite; when I merely said the woman in my initial post, who does the splits, was fascinating.

Let's walk you through this, slowly.

You said no man would be interested in dating a person who had posed in playboy or worse.

I'm currently interested in dating a stripper.

Therefore I would date a playboy model or worse.

I never said anything about how interesting you find strippers. Though if I had to cite anything, it would be the parts where you put them on the same level as prostitutes or where you said anyone who showed their ass for a dollar was worthless filth.

Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:08 am

Good luck with that.

I'd love walking hand in hand with a woman who's shown her beaver more than the local zookeep..
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:11 am

Thilindel wrote:Like I said, QUOTE where you somehow erroneously believed I wanted to date a stripper? You're W A Y off

Dude, I want to date the stripper. You were talking to me. I never said anything about you dating a stripper. At all.

You hold a masters degree? Seriously?

What part of "I'm currently interested in dating a stripper" was too difficult for you?

Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:12 am

Thilindel wrote:Good luck with that.

I'd love walking hand in hand with a woman who's shown her beaver more than the local zookeep..

Glad you finally read all the words.

And you people wonder why I sometimes think you make up my side of the argument?

For the record, local laws require her to wear a g-string and pasties at all times. You don't even get nipple!

avak
Sojourner

Postby avak » Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:20 am

I'll just go way out on a limb here and guess that Thil's proverbial bedpost has very few notches on it. Why does that translate to disproportionate condemnation for "whores, slut and prostitutes....promiscuous women, women who show their asses for a buck, etc etc"? Well, same reason regressive societies of the past and present stigmatized women's sexuality....fear and intimidation. Weak men use societal pressure to compensate for internal shortcomings. The fact of the matter is that powerful men can't stand straight-laced, pure women....they're BORING! Sarkozy, Clinton, Wilt Chamberlain?

But, hey, that's just like my...opinion...man...
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:29 am

good, and your opinion is worthless, as is your post. You can fill your facade with unfounded extrapolation all you wish. Good luck with that one too..
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:29 am

Oh, and when you see first hand, innocent infants who received STD's, blindness, and other WONDERFUL gifts from their slut for a mother..then maybe you would be less ignorant.
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:32 am

Thilindel wrote:Oh, and when you see first hand, innocent infants who received STD's, blindness, and other WONDERFUL gifts from their slut for a mother..then maybe you would be less ignorant.

I suppose in every single case you verified that the mother was a slut, rather than the husband cheating on her and bringing home an STD?

Of course not, much easier just to judge the woman. They're inferior after all!

Return to “T2 General Discussion Archive”