Political threads

Life, the universe, and everything.
Forum rules
- No personal attacks against players or staff members - please be civil!
- No posting of mature images/links, keep content SFW. If it's NSFW, don't post it on these forums.
Thilindel
Sojourner

Political threads

Postby Thilindel » Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:37 pm

General discussion seems to need to be renamed.
Grundar tells you 'I took on the entire football team once. The only reason my mom knew later was because I had a runny nose'
Corth
Sojourner

Re: Political threads

Postby Corth » Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:40 pm

This should be posted in the 'Ideas' forum.
Having said all that, the situation has been handled, so this thread is pretty much at an end. -Kossuth

Goddamned slippery mage.
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:42 pm

Really, why do people have such a problem with what other people talk about? Can you explain that to me?

It's general discussion. General. Meaning non-specific. There's nothing wrong with discussing, well, ANYTHING in this forum.

Of course, you could ban political discussion... then wait eagerly for the 1 post each weak that would actually show up.
<a href="http://www.code-haven.com">Code Haven</a> - For all your programming needs.

I detest what you write, but I would give my life to make it possible for you to continue to write. - Some Guy Who Paraphrased Voltaire
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:54 pm

Corth wrote:This should be posted in the 'Ideas' forum.

You mean the "Thilindel's Bad Suggestions" forum?
- Ragorn
Shar: Leave the moaning to the people who have real issues to moan about like rangers or newbies.
Corth: Go ask out a chick that doesn't wiggle her poon in people's faces for a living.
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:56 pm

I support a new politics/religion/philosophy forum... however, its interesting how despite there being legitimate avenues for OOC talk in game, people use GCC because more people are tuned in. The debates are going to go to wherever they can find the largest audience.

Also consider how many general posts turn into political/religious/philosophical debates... Do we need moderators to move those conversations once they reach a certain political/religious/philosophical threshold? or are we just gonna choke the posts with a bunch of stupid posts to MOVE THIS TO XYZ FORUM?
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:08 pm

Are you gonna choke gen disc with a thread for everything on the fox news ticker?

owned
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:17 pm

Thilindel wrote:General discussion seems to need to be renamed.

Actually, that's what people generally talk about these days in the US. Which country do you live in?
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.
Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
ssar
Sojourner

Postby ssar » Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:23 pm

kiryan wrote:I support a new politics/religion/philosophy forum...

Yes, please add this, as long as you have the moderators able to maintain it - i.e. move such thread from general discussion to it where required.

It's getting more and more difficult to find threads that you may be interested in reading and thus opening.
BEER
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:27 pm

ssar wrote:
It's getting more and more difficult to find threads that you may be interested in reading and thus opening.

That's mostly because they don't exist...
<a href="http://www.code-haven.com">Code Haven</a> - For all your programming needs.

I detest what you write, but I would give my life to make it possible for you to continue to write. - Some Guy Who Paraphrased Voltaire
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:53 pm

What I was thinking was a split from 'general discussion' - a subchannel for religion/politics/other edgy topics. I'm used to the sok type posts and other's that didn't really have an impact other than were for entertainment for General Discussion. Maybe some D&D nerds can start a thread about elven chicks are hotter, but orcish chicks shave more 'slots'
Grundar tells you 'I took on the entire football team once. The only reason my mom knew later was because I had a runny nose'
Pril
Sojourner

Postby Pril » Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:57 pm

Thilindel wrote:What I was thinking was a split from 'general discussion' - a subchannel for religion/politics/other edgy topics. I'm used to the sok type posts and other's that didn't really have an impact other than were for entertainment for General Discussion. Maybe some D&D nerds can start a thread about elven chicks are hotter, but orcish chicks shave more 'slots'

Democrates shave more "slots" and Sok is Obama.
The best of WTF statments of '06
--------------------------------------------------------
Danila group-says 'afk, machine gun in backyard started shooting cats'
Danila group-says 'afk a sec, 3 horned monkeys trying to steal hose'
Danila group-says 'afk, koala bear trying to mount my car'
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:01 pm

Sok Obama's winning campaign slogan for 2012: 'Yo' skank got a nice hole? Stick a Sok in it'
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:58 pm

Without the political/society threads I'm afraid General Discussion would be completely dead.
Having said all that, the situation has been handled, so this thread is pretty much at an end. -Kossuth

Goddamned slippery mage.
Botef
Sojourner

Postby Botef » Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:58 pm

Perhaps a more elegant solution would be to make Kiryan subform for politics, a Sarvis subforum for strippers and tramp stamps, and a Thillindel sub forum for ideas Shev doesn't need to bother himself reading.
Sunamit group-says 'imrex west, tibek backstab touk i think his name is on entry'
// Post Count +1
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:00 pm

Really it should be a Corth forum for tramp stamps... I'm the one who doesn't like them. :P

Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:24 pm

I was going to say.. why should Sarvis get credit for the tramp stamps?!

Goddamned slippery mage.
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:46 pm

It's just ironic that Thil wants to moderate general discussion when he gets so offended when people say he starts too many ideas threads

I like general discussion unless it gets pointless and people (we don't need to name who those people are, we ALL know his name) argue and name call and say the same nonsensical things ad naseum.
"When a child is born, so is a grandmother."

-Italian Proverb
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:09 pm

I don't generally name call...

Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Fri Mar 06, 2009 4:44 pm

She was referring to me.. douchebag.

Goddamned slippery mage.
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Fri Mar 06, 2009 4:53 pm

Don't you have some tramp stamps to chase?

Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Fri Mar 06, 2009 5:25 pm

I chase after the ambulances.. the tramp stamps chase after me. :)

Goddamned slippery mage.
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Fri Mar 06, 2009 5:27 pm

Corth wrote:I chase after the ambulances.. the tramp stamps chase after me. :)

Corth don't love dem hoes...
- Ragorn
Shar: Leave the moaning to the people who have real issues to moan about like rangers or newbies.
Corth: Go ask out a chick that doesn't wiggle her poon in people's faces for a living.
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Fri Mar 06, 2009 11:27 pm

Ambar wrote:It's just ironic that Thil wants to moderate general discussion when he gets so offended when people say he starts too many ideas threads

No, I don't care if some ppl think I start too many threads. The problem I have is they get personal. It's illogical. It's easy to be a dick on the internet. I don't 'master' video games - I put my family, job, and LIFE in front of this mud..unlike some of the people, such as Jake, who start venomous threads as he did.

I'd say I was at minimum tactful in saying the General Discussion would benefit from splitting politics or religion..more serious topics vs. x reasons why ross is an eq whore, or whatever that was.

Return to “T2 General Discussion Archive”