Need a gaming mouse

Life, the universe, and everything.
Forum rules
- No personal attacks against players or staff members - please be civil!
- No posting of mature images/links, keep content SFW. If it's NSFW, don't post it on these forums.
Ragorn
Sojourner

Need a gaming mouse

Postby Ragorn » Sun Mar 22, 2009 4:32 pm

I need a new mouse. I'm looking for something with fairly solid construction, lots (6-10) of buttons, wireless, with a good feel. Thumb buttons must be readily accessible.

I was looking at a Logitech MX1100, but some of the reviews say it lacks the precision needed for FPS gaming, which is kind of a dealbreaker. Maybe the MX Revolution, but I haven't seen one on display in a store so I don't really know how it feels first hand.

Anyone out there have a good mouse that you recommend? My price range is up to $100.
- Ragorn
Shar: Leave the moaning to the people who have real issues to moan about like rangers or newbies.
Corth: Go ask out a chick that doesn't wiggle her poon in people's faces for a living.
oteb
Sojourner

Re: Need a gaming mouse

Postby oteb » Sun Mar 22, 2009 9:22 pm

Hardcore gamers will tell you that you never can get good enough precision with wireless. I have MX 1000Laser and I adore it. Go for Logitech.
You group-say 'who is da red shape?'
A red shape group-says 'I'm a shape'
Oghma
Staff Member - Admin

Postby Oghma » Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:24 pm

I also have the MX 1000, although my button 4 doesn't work anymore. (used to be my push to talk for ventrilo)
Oghma The Lord of Knowledge, God of Bards
[ Administrator ] of TorilMUD
oteb
Sojourner

Postby oteb » Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:22 am

Still 9 to go. Programmable mouse ftw.
You group-say 'who is da red shape?'

A red shape group-says 'I'm a shape'
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:26 pm

I had a MX revolution and I loved it so much. The thumb scroll keys i rebound to key my mic, but I tend to push buttons pretty hard when I'm melting the face off some demon or a pack of wild newbs, and the button seemed to lose some of the sensitivity over time, it never stopped working it just didnt operate quite as well after a year or so of pretty hard use. It felt great in my hand, since its a big mouse and i never got cramps even marathoning whatever.

Smooth scrolling and click scrolling you can change on the fly, and all of the buttons customize well to whatever you want them to do. I haven't bought too many mice, but I want this one back... alot.

Return to “T2 General Discussion Archive”