The Game

Life, the universe, and everything.
Forum rules
- No personal attacks against players or staff members - please be civil!
- No posting of mature images/links, keep content SFW. If it's NSFW, don't post it on these forums.
Dugmaren
Staff Member - Areas

Re: The Game

Postby Dugmaren » Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:58 am

Damn you Raiwen.. I haven't thought of the game in at least a month. *sigh* Oh, and as for this "amazing" thread.. PUAs just have really good social skills, there's nothing wrong with that, it makes them fun to talk to.

Dug
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:20 pm

Dugmaren wrote:Damn you Raiwen.. I haven't thought of the game in at least a month. *sigh* Oh, and as for this "amazing" thread.. PUAs just have really good social skills, there's nothing wrong with that, it makes them fun to talk to.

Dug

Lying and manipulating is what makes good social skills? No wonder I suck at it...
<a href="http://www.code-haven.com">Code Haven</a> - For all your programming needs.

I detest what you write, but I would give my life to make it possible for you to continue to write. - Some Guy Who Paraphrased Voltaire
Pril
Sojourner

Postby Pril » Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:49 pm

Sarvis wrote:
Dugmaren wrote:Damn you Raiwen.. I haven't thought of the game in at least a month. *sigh* Oh, and as for this "amazing" thread.. PUAs just have really good social skills, there's nothing wrong with that, it makes them fun to talk to.

Dug

Lying and manipulating is what makes good social skills? No wonder I suck at it...

OF FOR GODS SAKE! Get over yourself. Good social skills does not mean you lie and manipulate. Good social skills is being able to understand a situation quickly and blend in with it while still maintaining your identity. Usually people with good social skills are good at lying and manipulating people because they can adjust their behavior as needed but having good social skills does not require you to lie and manipulate.

You don't have good social skills because you can't see people off your damn high horse that's standing on a soap box.
The best of WTF statments of '06
--------------------------------------------------------
Danila group-says 'afk, machine gun in backyard started shooting cats'
Danila group-says 'afk a sec, 3 horned monkeys trying to steal hose'
Danila group-says 'afk, koala bear trying to mount my car'
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Thu Apr 16, 2009 4:27 pm

Good social skills are being able to focus on your target, give them your attention, gather information specific to them, respond accordingly, and show appropriate empathy as the situation dictates. In other words, being able to relate to the person you're talking to.

Some people may use those skills in good ways, some in bad ways.

You have terrible social skills. Seriously. Awful.

I can't determine what they're like in person, but this BBS gives some idea, and as far as I can tell you have absolutely no skill whatsoever at focusing on somebody else without having to battle your own inner monologues, giving anybody your complete attention without reserving a good chunk of that for your percolating argument, tailoring your discussion to the needs and interests of others, or of gauging the moods of others so that you can respond accordingly. Some people are good, some people are bad. You're really bad because you refuse to acknowledge any other way of being, of accepting any constructive criticism, or of seeing alternatives to your own perception.

My social skills suck. I'm really trying to work on my methods of communication. Let's say I just took two giant steps backward and I'll do my makeup work tomorrow.
Gormal tells you 'im a dwarven onion'
Gormal tells you 'always another beer-soaked layer'

Inama ASSOC:: 'though it may suit your fantasies to think so, i don't need oil for anything.'

Haley: Filthy lucre? I wash that lucre every day until it SHINES!
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Thu Apr 16, 2009 4:30 pm

Classic Style Opener: "My friends going to be on Geraldo next week and..."
Dugmaren: He's just got good social skills

All of the openers in the book are lies crafted to be interesting and get attention. Dugmaren equates that with good social skills. Sorry, just interpreting what was said. Why does that make you so defensive?

How the hell does saying I suck at social skills because I'm not a good liar put me on a high horse anyway?

Why the hell are we even talking about the book anymore anyway? I thought we were done with it... this just got bumped because Rachel confused the shit out of me and I needed to vent.

Ashiwi: EDIT: Decided I was being too sarcastic and mean there. Sorry Ash, but for some reason your posts always feel a little confrontational. Read my reply to Pril, it goes into why I'm not the same in real life as I am here.
Last edited by Sarvis on Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<a href="http://www.code-haven.com">Code Haven</a> - For all your programming needs.

I detest what you write, but I would give my life to make it possible for you to continue to write. - Some Guy Who Paraphrased Voltaire
teflor the ranger
Sojourner

Postby teflor the ranger » Thu Apr 16, 2009 4:35 pm

Sarvis, the Teflor simple explaination:

Good social skills allow you to lie and manipulate very well, as they are social constructs.

And no, you don't have to lie to be attractive and intersting. It helps if you are highly skilled at it, however. This ties back in with my previous explaination that people like skills and/or effort.
Teflor does. Teflor does not.
Pril
Sojourner

Postby Pril » Thu Apr 16, 2009 4:48 pm

Sarvis next time you are at a bar try this pick up line.

Walk up to a girl. Spit in her drink. Then smile, look her right in the eye and say: "Hi, I'm Sarvis, it can only get better from here!"

The lines in the book are lies but at the same time if I walk up to a girl and say: "Hi I just came from an arena where an elephant and a duck were waging a battle to the death. I couldn't believe the duck won!" you're lying too but really who the hell cares it would get the girl to laugh possibly and start a conversation. The idea is not to lie to them but to say something amusing/interesting to start a conversation.

If you lived an interesting life or had some interesting experiences you could say that so that others could relate to them or laugh about them.

Mike

Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Thu Apr 16, 2009 4:58 pm

Pril wrote:Sarvis next time you are at a bar try this pick up line.

Walk up to a girl. Spit in her drink. Then smile, look her right in the eye and say: "Hi, I'm Sarvis, it can only get better from here!"

The lines in the book are lies but at the same time if I walk up to a girl and say: "Hi I just came from an arena where an elephant and a duck were waging a battle to the death. I couldn't believe the duck won!" you're lying too but really who the hell cares it would get the girl to laugh possibly and start a conversation. The idea is not to lie to them but to say something amusing/interesting to start a conversation.

If you lived an interesting life or had some interesting experiences you could say that so that others could relate to them or laugh about them.

Mike

Heh... I kind of like that one. Err... the duck/elephant one not the spitting one.

Not sure I'd be brave enough to say something that absurd... but it's funny.

I barely managed a "Can I buy you a drink" to Rachel... and it took me forever to come up with that.

That's one of the reasons I don't argue much with people... I don't necessarily think up what I want to say quickly. I can sometimes come up with a good joke or sarcastic reply quickly, but saying anything meaningful takes time to consider what I want to say, how I want to say it and how I make what I'm trying to say clear.

Hell, this post took me like 10 minutes (including interruptions to check email and such...)

Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:39 pm

Sarvis, my posts are confrontational because I'm a confrontational person. I call it like I see it. Sorry, it's one of my biggest downfalls. I honestly don't mean to hurt your feelings, but you're one of the most thick-headed, stubborn, intentionally blind guys I think I've ever met in my entire life. You're wandering around in a pit of self-denial, you keep getting hit in the head with ropes, and you're complaining because people are throwing things at you.

I may not always see it correctly, but one thing you have to understand is that perception is key, and how you present yourself is most often how others perceive you. You do not present yourself as somebody worth pursuing, so therefore women do not perceive you as somebody worth pursuing. If you can barely manage to work yourself up into buying a chick a drink, then that should be a clue to you right there that you're not exactly excuding self confidence. Men who lack self confidence also lack a lot of other skills that women are looking for. Self confidence can be faked, so a confident man is not always a good choice for a significant other, but it's a step in the right direction. Self confidence will attract a woman's attention, and a man can work from that point into whatever goal it is he's seeking.

You can say whatever you want about how different you are in person from this BBS, but this BBS is going to show a trend of thought processes and attitudes that carry over into your real life. If you think I'm an obnoxious cow on this BBS, it's because I'm an obnoxious cow in real life! You absolutely refuse to listen to any constructive criticism from the people you deal with every single day, who have known you for years, people who have watched your social skills and trends on a regular basis. You're argumentative and combative, and you deal poorly with socially stressful situations. When you get outside your comfort zone, you can't be sure the Sarvis you see is the Sarvis others see. Sometimes it's like the drunk chick at the bar... she sees herself as the next Madonna, sultry and seductive on stage... the bar sees her as two bottles of Jack Daniels too far, puking on her shoes and yelling at the crowd how she can do things no well adjusted person wants to see.

If what you're doing isn't working for you, then isn't it time to consider other options?

The book is lame. I mean really lame. Your reaction to it was beyond my ability to comprehend. It's a small population sample, which is a concept you're well equipped to understand, if you look at it as a scientific study (HAH!), in a limited setting. It's populated by characters who have no concept of well balanced socialization, and it's centered around a series of thought processes focused on a lifestyle devoid of social contact beyond short term. Targets of the actions involved are those who are most highly susceptible to them. In other words, as a study it's bunk and would be laughed out of the realm of behavioral science. You really give this tripe credence as a study on the behavior of male/female interaction?

I expect better of you.

Oh, and feel free to say whatever you like to me. I don't hold it against you, and it doesn't put a crimp in my day. I didn't see whatever it was that you said, but I'm sure it was fun!

Inama ASSOC:: 'though it may suit your fantasies to think so, i don't need oil for anything.'

Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:21 pm

Ashiwi wrote:Sarvis, my posts are confrontational because I'm a confrontational person. I call it like I see it. Sorry, it's one of my biggest downfalls. I honestly don't mean to hurt your feelings, but you're one of the most thick-headed, stubborn, intentionally blind guys I think I've ever met in my entire life. You're wandering around in a pit of self-denial, you keep getting hit in the head with ropes, and you're complaining because people are throwing things at you.

I may not always see it correctly, but one thing you have to understand is that perception is key, and how you present yourself is most often how others perceive you. You do not present yourself as somebody worth pursuing, so therefore women do not perceive you as somebody worth pursuing. If you can barely manage to work yourself up into buying a chick a drink, then that should be a clue to you right there that you're not exactly excuding self confidence. Men who lack self confidence also lack a lot of other skills that women are looking for. Self confidence can be faked, so a confident man is not always a good choice for a significant other, but it's a step in the right direction. Self confidence will attract a woman's attention, and a man can work from that point into whatever goal it is he's seeking.

You can say whatever you want about how different you are in person from this BBS, but this BBS is going to show a trend of thought processes and attitudes that carry over into your real life. If you think I'm an obnoxious cow on this BBS, it's because I'm an obnoxious cow in real life! You absolutely refuse to listen to any constructive criticism from the people you deal with every single day, who have known you for years, people who have watched your social skills and trends on a regular basis. You're argumentative and combative, and you deal poorly with socially stressful situations. When you get outside your comfort zone, you can't be sure the Sarvis you see is the Sarvis others see. Sometimes it's like the drunk chick at the bar... she sees herself as the next Madonna, sultry and seductive on stage... the bar sees her as two bottles of Jack Daniels too far, puking on her shoes and yelling at the crowd how she can do things no well adjusted person wants to see.

If what you're doing isn't working for you, then isn't it time to consider other options?

The book is lame. I mean really lame. Your reaction to it was beyond my ability to comprehend. It's a small population sample, which is a concept you're well equipped to understand, if you look at it as a scientific study (HAH!), in a limited setting. It's populated by characters who have no concept of well balanced socialization, and it's centered around a series of thought processes focused on a lifestyle devoid of social contact beyond short term. Targets of the actions involved are those who are most highly susceptible to them. In other words, as a study it's bunk and would be laughed out of the realm of behavioral science. You really give this tripe credence as a study on the behavior of male/female interaction?

I expect better of you.

Oh, and feel free to say whatever you like to me. I don't hold it against you, and it doesn't put a crimp in my day. I didn't see whatever it was that you said, but I'm sure it was fun!

Do me next honey
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.
Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
Botef
Sojourner

Postby Botef » Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:56 pm

Sarvis,

Your in a bar talking to a lady. She asks you if her jeans make her ass look big. It does.

What do you say?

If you have any interest in continuing to talk to this girl you will probably lie, or ("I love big butts and I can not lie.")

Point is you tailor your response to the social situation. If you didn't want to be bothered by this person you could insult them by being honest and direct, or you could be subtle and drive the conversation in a different direction. Whether or not this lady really has a fat ass is irrelevant, what matters is a conversation has been instigated and the ball is in your hands waiting for the next play.
Sunamit group-says 'imrex west, tibek backstab touk i think his name is on entry'
// Post Count +1
Pril
Sojourner

Postby Pril » Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:00 pm

Botef wrote:the ball is in your hands waiting for the next play.

2 questions.

When will the other ball drop and how often does one play with said ball?

Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:01 pm

What you say is, "Hmm, I can't tell, I'm going to have to do some more research." She giggles and shakes her butt at you, you strike a faux contemplative pose, give your friend an arched-eyebrowed look of appraisal, and follow up with "your butt is a lot of things, but fat isn't one of them. What are you drinking?" The next morning, you buy her breakfast.

Meanwhile, over in the corner, Sarvis sips his drink, insufferably glad that he hasn't lowered himself to that kind of frat-boy immaturity.
- Ragorn
Shar: Leave the moaning to the people who have real issues to moan about like rangers or newbies.
Corth: Go ask out a chick that doesn't wiggle her poon in people's faces for a living.
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:03 pm

Ashiwi wrote:you keep getting hit in the head with ropes,

Huh?

and you're complaining because people are throwing things at you.

Wouldn't you?

So that the woman can go home with the self-confident prick, then later complain how she can never find a guy who treats her well? Yeah, heard that. You're surprised I believe what was written in the book? How is the book doing anything but describing what you just did?

Ok, then look past the simple fact of arguing and look at what I say. Then come back and tell me what my thoughts and attitudes are. Most of it comes from a place of concern for others and wanting to help them, unlike, say, Kifle who thinks mass death is a good solution to the problem of starvation. I'm sure he's a lot more confident though!

At one point in The Game, one of the PUA believes he's found the right woman and settles down, marrying her. Towards the end of the book, she is seeking divorce because he was simply not the guy she thought he was. He got tired of putting on the act.

You're suggesting I do that just to meet women. And why? Because they're all so shallow as to seek out the mere appearance of confidence over actually getting to know a guy and finding out how he'll treat her.

It's a small population sample, but everything in it matches my own observations of real life... including being stood up because maybe I just didn't sound confident enough on the phone, or maybe because I called her the day after we met instead of waiting 2 days, or whatever stupid minor infraction instantly sends a woman running before getting to know you.

Guys may be shallow in that we focus on looks... but at least we give you a chance.

I expect better of you.

I wouldn't classify it as fun... just sarcastic.

Botef
Sojourner

Postby Botef » Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:05 pm

Sunamit group-says 'imrex west, tibek backstab touk i think his name is on entry'

// Post Count +1
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:32 pm

- Ragorn
Shar: Leave the moaning to the people who have real issues to moan about like rangers or newbies.
Corth: Go ask out a chick that doesn't wiggle her poon in people's faces for a living.
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:38 pm

Botef wrote:Sarvis,

Your in a bar talking to a lady.

You haven't been paying attention, have you? ;)

Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:38 pm

Dalar wrote:Do me next honey

Am I wrong, or is this the perfect place for a Pinhead quote?

Pinhead wrote:
"Oh I'll enjoy making you bleed. And I'll enjoy making you enjoy it."

Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:35 am

"When a child is born, so is a grandmother."

-Italian Proverb
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:41 am

*pat Ambar*

And your point is? You know what's in the thread, and as always you have the power not to read it. How many years have we had to deal with your pouting about people having a discussion you don't care about? Talk about the song that never ends...

Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:22 am

Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Fri Apr 17, 2009 4:56 am

The song that never ends in a most responses thread from 5+ years ago .. vs the song that never ends on Sarvis' issues .. ok you got me :(
"When a child is born, so is a grandmother."

-Italian Proverb
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:10 pm

Sarvis wrote:Ugh. Sorry, I meant to just let this drop but now I'm all annoyed and need to vent.

So mixed in with this book, and losing Kayla (which yes I'm still hurting over a little) was meeting a this girl.

We met a couple weeks ago at a bar, and she texted me the next day. I called back and we talked on the phone for over an hour, then made plans for that Monday. Plans which she canceled.

She called me back later that night, and we talked for a while again and made plans for that Friday... which she again canceled. Ok, so yeah she canceled twice but had a good excuse both times so I let it go.

She called me Saturday to make plans for Sunday, we talked for an hour or so again and I went to bed looking forward to finally getting together. The next day she texts me to find out the plans, then texts me again an hour before we were going to meet to confirm... then she fails to show up. At all, no call, no explanation... nothing.

WHAT THE FUCK!?

Today's her birthday, so I texted her a quick happy birthday message (I know, weak move but I was giving her the benefit of the doubt that something had happened... and said as much in the message) and she replies back "who is this?" So she's entirely deleted me from her phone and everything. I mean what the hell? If she didn't want to go out with me why did she call me to make the date? And confirm it twice?

And why the fuck is it that every woman I meet does this to me? Just once I'd like the girl to say "Sorry, I just don't want to see you." Is that so fucking hard?

How sad is it that my big hope for future relationships is an honest breakup?

Because you're too needy. If a woman breaks plans with me, I break plans with her. If she does it twice, I stop returning calls. Also, from that facebook picture, she's another one of those girls you fuck and don't call. No self-respecting non-whore posts a picture like that on a public form. She probably has daddy issues. She may be cool, she may stay comitted for a while, but I would say the probability of that relationship lasting and not breaking from cheating is very low.

Now, you may think this is all judgemental and dickheadish of me, and you're probably right; however, it works wonders for me. I eventually found a great girl.

The fact is, Sarvis. As much as we all hate the game, we have to play it. If you are searching for "mrs. right," you will most likely never find her, or lose her because everybody plays the game -- so she does as well. People who are relationship worthy stop playing the game after a while in a relationship; those who don't stop playing the game do not have healthy relationships and end up jumping from one to another or stay single. The concept to understand here is that virtually everyone plays the game; the only difference is how long they play the game after they've met somebody. If you refuse to play the game, you will most likely stay lonely and frustrated. If you just play the game for a short while to meet somebody, you will not have to devalue your self-image. It's a means to an end. You compromise ideals for reality every day, why are you so caught up on this one facet of life where you have to compromise to win?
Fotex group-says 'Behold! penis!'

Kifle puts on his robe and wizard hat.

Thalidyrr tells you 'Yeah, you know, getting it like a jackhammer wears you out.'

Teflor "You can beat a tank with a shovel!!1!1!!one!!1!uno!!"
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:12 pm

Sometimes the problem is with you, sometimes it's with other people. Sarvis, you know I have no problem telling you when you're being fucking stupid. In this case, it sounds like this girl is a real whack job. The happy birthday message wasn't a weak move, it was an entirely reasonable and neutral communication, and it gave you the information you were looking for (information which she wasn't being upfront about).

Meh. Fuck her, don't call her and don't answer if she calls you.
- Ragorn
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:08 pm

Jesus are those things real? Yea, Kifle is right. You gotta keep playing the game until the end. Or just be alone and miserable. Or you can aim for being gay where you and your partner have the same mindset (aka not bsi)
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.

Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:53 pm

I don't mind the 'looking for love in all the wrong places' threads when pics are provided.

Got any of Kayla?
Having said all that, the situation has been handled, so this thread is pretty much at an end. -Kossuth

Goddamned slippery mage.
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:07 pm

Corth wrote:I don't mind the 'looking for love in all the wrong places' threads when pics are provided.

You should check her myspace page... no tramp stamps though, sorry!

Got any of Kayla?

Unfortunately no. The only one I can find that might be her has privacy turned on and a painting for the profile pic, so I don't even know if it's really her.

teflor the ranger
Sojourner

Postby teflor the ranger » Sat Apr 18, 2009 4:25 am

Sarvis wrote:How sad is it that my big hope for future relationships is an honest breakup?

It's not sad, Sarvis, but have you ever considered getting some sort of pet that doesn't get moody, or bettering your relationship with your family?

I mean, the vast majority of people need validation, affection, and support, and I suspect that you are no different, but not having any of it, and trying to get all of it from one person is just going to cause problems for you from today, going on down the line until you stop.

Look at it this way, and something might ring true for you here: you are in such a bad place that you need more than one person to lift your spirits. Sounds like you right? Probably sounds like a lot of people on the BBS.

*as a side note, yes, it really is hard to be honest with people. Honesty is something that has to be earned. People probably shouldn't lie as much as they do, but on the other hand, you don't really have the right to a response at all. But that chick is probably bat-shit crazy based on your description of the events. Stay the hell away.
Teflor does. Teflor does not.
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Sat Apr 18, 2009 7:57 am

Ambar wrote:The song that never ends in a most responses thread from 5+ years ago .. vs the song that never ends on Sarvis' issues .. ok you got me :(

You know, I think you may have missed the joke there.

Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Sat Apr 18, 2009 8:08 am

Ragorn wrote:The happy birthday message wasn't a weak move, it was an entirely reasonable and neutral communication,

Thanks! :) I thought it was, considering I hadn't heard from her and had sent her one previous text...

Meh. Fuck her

Hey, not getting to is part of the problem here! ;)

Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Sat Apr 18, 2009 1:29 pm

Heh... I flirted up a storm last night. I won't pretend all of the chicks were hot, or even that I'm the one who approached them... but I had some fun with it. I think I even got an IOI from the hot bartender! At least, I've never had a bartender reach across the bar to squeeze my arm before...

Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Sat Apr 18, 2009 3:17 pm

If a woman goes out of her way to make physical contact with you either she's interested or she thinks you're a total pathetic loser and she's trying to keep you from hanging yourself in the closet before the night's over.

Was your conversation about something funny and witty? Then she could be interested in you. Was your conversation about how nobody loves you and how much your life sucks? She was picturing hemp rope and a dozen hungry cats yowling in the background.

Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Sat Apr 18, 2009 3:36 pm

Ashiwi wrote:If a woman goes out of her way to make physical contact with you either she's interested or she thinks you're a total pathetic loser and she's trying to keep you from hanging yourself in the closet before the night's over.

So I could be getting pity sex? ;)

Was your conversation about something funny and witty? Then she could be interested in you. Was your conversation about how nobody loves you and how much your life sucks? She was picturing hemp rope and a dozen hungry cats yowling in the background.

She was the bartender on a Friday night. In other words, she was busy so we weren't conversing. I was just making jokes every time she came to give us drinks...

amena wolfsnarl
Sojourner

Postby amena wolfsnarl » Sat Apr 18, 2009 4:58 pm

Bartenders waitresses, and anyone working in a bar or lounge are the worst people to try and pick up A) cause everyone they are serving is trying to, and B) cause they make crazy money being flirts and they do thier best to make the money.
Dugmaren tells you 'Welcome to Canada, don't blame us if you're stupid enough to get eaten by the wild life'
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Sat Apr 18, 2009 5:23 pm

Amena is absolutely right.
Having said all that, the situation has been handled, so this thread is pretty much at an end. -Kossuth

Goddamned slippery mage.
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:11 pm

Yeah, okay, Amena's got that one, although they usually won't go so far as to go out of their way to touch you. Unless they see you as a potential alley client, that is.

Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:16 pm

Ashiwi wrote:Yeah, okay, Amena's got that one, although they usually won't go so far as to go out of their way to touch you. Unless they see you as a potential alley client, that is.

What the hell is an alley client?

Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:53 am

Sarvis wrote:
Ashiwi wrote:Yeah, okay, Amena's got that one, although they usually won't go so far as to go out of their way to touch you. Unless they see you as a potential alley client, that is.

A John. But, yeah, Bartenders will touch you all the time to get your attention and for the reasons Amena described.
Fotex group-says 'Behold! penis!'

Kifle puts on his robe and wizard hat.

Thalidyrr tells you 'Yeah, you know, getting it like a jackhammer wears you out.'

Teflor "You can beat a tank with a shovel!!1!1!!one!!1!uno!!"
amena wolfsnarl
Sojourner

Postby amena wolfsnarl » Sun Apr 19, 2009 4:58 am

hell i once worked with one bartender who hussled a new car outta guy without goin out with him (she may have slept with him though), they bad news specially if u fall hard for a woman.
Dugmaren tells you 'Welcome to Canada, don't blame us if you're stupid enough to get eaten by the wild life'
Pril
Sojourner

Postby Pril » Sun Apr 19, 2009 11:33 am

amena wolfsnarl wrote:hell i once worked with one bartender who hussled a new car outta guy without goin out with him (she may have slept with him though), they bad news specially if u fall hard for a woman.

Getting paid via car for sex. So she was a whore?

Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Sun Apr 19, 2009 2:15 pm

Kifle wrote:
Sarvis wrote:

A John. But, yeah, Bartenders will touch you all the time to get your attention and for the reasons Amena described.

She didn't need to get my attention, I was already ordering a drink. Also I wasn't the one buying any of the drinks that night, so I wasn't even in control of her tips.

Not that I tried to pick her up, it's just easy to flirt with bartenders/waitresses because they come to you.

I don't know, it just seemed out of place (in a nice way.) Like when I first met Kayla, and she'd be leaving... she'd go change and then come all the way over to the other side of the club to say goodnight to me. Most strippers walk out of the club as fast as they can only looking at the floor, probably hoping to avoid giving anyone any ideas.

amena wolfsnarl
Sojourner

Postby amena wolfsnarl » Sun Apr 19, 2009 2:36 pm

Pril wrote:
amena wolfsnarl wrote:hell i once worked with one bartender who hussled a new car outta guy without goin out with him (she may have slept with him though), they bad news specially if u fall hard for a woman.

Getting paid via car for sex. So she was a whore?

I think she was more of a gold digger than an actual whore, but close enough yup.
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Sun May 31, 2009 3:17 pm

God dammit. Really. What the fuck is with women? Or me. Or, I don't know.. the world?

So I met this girl at one of those meetup events, we spent most of the night joking and flirting. In the meantime, I've started up one of my own meetup groups and she was going to come to our next meetup.

I get there late, she doesn't see anyone from my group and takes off... I get an email from her apologizing and saying she "really enjoyed my company the other night."

Actually, I'll just post the emails:

Darlene wrote:I just wanted to let you know that I didn't stiff you for attending your meetup. I actually end up leaving my house late, and when I got down to Elmwood; I couldn't find a parking spot, and when I drove by I didn't recognize anyone from the group.

I hope youll forgive me for not being there:(... I really did enjoy your company the other night.
Talk to you soon

Me wrote:Actually I got there late, so I was going to apologize to you... :( A couple people did show up, even later than me.. so not all was lost. Maybe I can make something of this group yet!

Parking did suck up there, I ended up on the street behind the place, and I barely found that spot. Nice bar, bad parking situation...

I enjoyed hanging out with you too... maybe we should just get together for dinner or something?

Darlene wrote:Hi Mike-
No need to apolgize, I was a little bummed not to go, but theres always next time. I wouldn't getting together for dinner or something sometime.

Just let me know when would work best for you sometime.

Me wrote:What are you doing Tuesday night? And how do you feel about Carrabba's?

Maybe give me a call and we can work out the details... 555-5555

Darlene wrote:Im not really sure what I'm doing right now, on Tuesday night... I can check and let you know, I really didn't think you were serious on the dinner thing. My number is 555-5556, just so youll have it then.

So really? How did we go from "just let me know what works best for you" to "I didn't think you were serious!"

Why does this shit have to be so complicated?

Pril
Sojourner

Postby Pril » Sun May 31, 2009 7:33 pm

I figured out the issue. 555-5555 isn't a real number so she thought you were joking. Next time use a friends or family members number if you don't have a phone. Making up non-existant numbers doesn't work well.

Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Mon Jun 01, 2009 1:16 pm

And the saga continues...

Darlene wrote:Hope you had a nice rest of the weekend. I noticed you posted a couple of more events, I wish I would be able to make them, but unfortuanatly I have stuff going on both days. I'm volunteering on Friday for Buff State Alumni Association for their wine tasting, maybe we could meet for a drink or coffee sometime? Let me know have a great day

No mention of Tuesday, but now she's saying we should get together. Maybe I should reply back saying I didn't think _she_ was serious? ;)

Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:25 pm

Or maybe you should just go out with her instead of trying to defeat her in a battle of wits.
- Ragorn
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:43 pm

Ragorn wrote:Or maybe you should just go out with her instead of trying to defeat her in a battle of wits.

Isn't that like telling a nearby snake to bite your kid? What'd that chick ever do to deserve that?
Grundar tells you 'I took on the entire football team once. The only reason my mom knew later was because I had a runny nose'
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:44 pm

It _was_ a joke. You know that, right?

I'm still confused though...

amena wolfsnarl
Sojourner

Postby amena wolfsnarl » Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:18 pm

Quit playing email tag phone her and get something set in stone, if she seems wishy washy and doesnt want to commit to anything take that as a sign thats its best to leave it be.
Botef
Sojourner

Postby Botef » Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:36 pm

My wife exhibited the same kind of behavior when we first got together. To add confusion to the matter I had an in with her best friend, who was involved with a good friend of mine at the time. Our first 'date' almost didn't happen. I had been informed on a number of occasions of her interest in me. We'd spent some time together in a group setting and hit it off so I decided to ask her out to a movie, something her friend had told me she was quite interested in doing with me. We decided to make it a double date, but on the night of the movie she kept trying to back out with an array of unusual reasons.

Some time later I found out it was because she didn't have any money and didn't want me to feel like I had to pay for her, and was afraid of being embarrassed should I not have paid for her ticket. At the time I was completely flabbergasted as to why she continued to express an interest in dating me but wouldn't go out on one.

Best advice I can give is don't try to understand or interpret that behavior when your not even in a relationship yet. Just be persistent but courteous. Lastly, use e-mail for suggesting plans not making them. If you really want to set something up call her.

// Post Count +1

Return to “T2 General Discussion Archive”