Corth and Co.'s Opposites Thread

Life, the universe, and everything.
Forum rules
- No personal attacks against players or staff members - please be civil!
- No posting of mature images/links, keep content SFW. If it's NSFW, don't post it on these forums.
Thilindel
Sojourner

Corth and Co.'s Opposites Thread

Postby Thilindel » Sat Jul 04, 2009 5:07 am

A) Attorney vs. Attorney: Defendant is guilty, and you know it. Yet ethics and 'duty' force you to do your best to let a guilty man walk. Same can be said of custody hearings, when all one side does is filibuster.

B) Medical. Why did Cheney live, when any so-called regular american would have perished. _OR_ The few doctors who do partial birth abortions. Past 24 weeks, a fetus DOES have a chance as a preemie to survive. By 26 weeks, the chances are pretty good. Yet you can get abortions thereafter. Not addressing abortions, but the doctor's theory that he or she is taking a life, rather than saving one. The ethics of that is purely against human nature.
Grundar tells you 'I took on the entire football team once. The only reason my mom knew later was because I had a runny nose'
Corth
Sojourner

Re: Corth and Co.'s Opposites Thread

Postby Corth » Sat Jul 04, 2009 5:10 am

Hi
Having said all that, the situation has been handled, so this thread is pretty much at an end. -Kossuth

Goddamned slippery mage.
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Sat Jul 04, 2009 5:14 am

It's too bad that most common arguments are all to popular. What the hell could you guys argue about that's not old hat?

Ah, I have it! How about the argument that most cars can do 20+ mph faster than the car's limiter allows.. For example, there were some 1993 Camaro Z28's that had a top speed of 150+, yet the convertible would only go 108 mph. Wouldn't you be completely pissed if you just hosed 20k for a car, and its capacity is only 70%? Anyhoo, let the gauntlets drop!
Grundar tells you 'I took on the entire football team once. The only reason my mom knew later was because I had a runny nose'
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Sat Jul 04, 2009 8:44 am

I think I'm too drunk to understand this thread. Also, what the fuck is with McDonald's ending "lunch/dinner" menu at 4am? That's when the bars close, so people can't get a fucking cheesburger when the bars close. Which, I didn't even want McDonald's... but nothing else was open either so I had no choice. Grrr....
<a href="http://www.code-haven.com">Code Haven</a> - For all your programming needs.

I detest what you write, but I would give my life to make it possible for you to continue to write. - Some Guy Who Paraphrased Voltaire
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Sat Jul 04, 2009 2:44 pm

Sane people go to Taco Bell or jack in the Box when drunk then wake up the next day wondering about the Taco Bell wrappers
"When a child is born, so is a grandmother."

-Italian Proverb
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Sat Jul 04, 2009 3:18 pm

Ambar wrote:Sane people go to Taco Bell or jack in the Box when drunk then wake up the next day wondering about the Taco Bell wrappers

I would have, if Taco Bell didn't close a full 2 hours before the bars do... :(
<a href="http://www.code-haven.com">Code Haven</a> - For all your programming needs.

I detest what you write, but I would give my life to make it possible for you to continue to write. - Some Guy Who Paraphrased Voltaire

Return to “T2 General Discussion Archive”