Android phones

Life, the universe, and everything.
Forum rules
- No personal attacks against players or staff members - please be civil!
- No posting of mature images/links, keep content SFW. If it's NSFW, don't post it on these forums.
Ambar
Sojourner

Android phones

Postby Ambar » Wed Nov 25, 2009 5:10 am

Anyone have one? I'll be getting a Samsung Moment in the next week, wondering what other peoples experiences are with them. Network looks solid and looks like they are working on it all the time. The free and cheap apps look win .. Was looking at the HTC touch pro2 until I saw the androids .. and the Hero was a no-go for the lack of a KB. We're with Sprint so my options are limited.
Kifle
Sojourner

Re: Android phones

Postby Kifle » Thu Nov 26, 2009 5:25 am

That sucks you're on sprint. The new motorola phone from verizon is very nice. A friend of mine brought on in to show it off the other day. I have an HTC diamond, and I hate it. The older Touch model actually performed better even though the hardware is older. I'm pretty upset with HTC at the moment, so I'm not sure whether or not I will do a direct upgrade when this one takes a shit. Anyway, to answer your questions, the android phone that I saw was absolutely amazing, and I'm pretty jealous.
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:05 am

Love the Moment, love the Android market! You can get anything on it! I am dying to try the Sims but it is a pay app and I just dont know!

Really glad I chose it over the HTC Hero too, the full KB was the deciding factor for me.
avak
Sojourner

Postby avak » Sat Dec 12, 2009 8:25 pm

I just got the HTC eris for free (wirefly) and I fn love it. My productivity is through the roof now, but my time in front of a computer has fallen off significantly. I upgraded from the motorola Q9c, but all my online apps are google, so the android is perfect. I am able to stay connected to my businesses -all- the time...through email, VNC, texts, phone, calendars, etc etc etc.

It is a stunning piece of technology. I don't know about the intra-android comparisons, so to speak...but I didn't want the hyped-up motorola droid and its bigness and slide out keyboard. The HTC eris is small and substantial in your hand. The on-screen keyboard is very easy and accurate.

Basically, I am gushingly in love with my phone. The only thing it lacks for me is a true iphone-style music solution.
Kindi
Sojourner

Postby Kindi » Sat Dec 12, 2009 8:40 pm

like 5 ppl at work switched to the droid on the day it came out. crazy. i guess they love it tho...
Tanji Smanji
Sojourner

Postby Tanji Smanji » Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:24 pm

Can check out the Pre if yer with sprint Jen. It's what I have and its a pretty solid phone, still wish it was an iphone sometimes but its getting there.

Return to “T2 General Discussion Archive”