Non-smokers deserve more annual leave or pay than smokers.

Life, the universe, and everything.
Forum rules
- No personal attacks against players or staff members - please be civil!
- No posting of mature images/links, keep content SFW. If it's NSFW, don't post it on these forums.
ssar
Sojourner

Non-smokers deserve more annual leave or pay than smokers.

Postby ssar » Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:27 am

Quote:

"MANY non-smokers believe they deserve an extra week of annual leave to match the amount of time their smoking colleagues spend on cigarette breaks, Quit Victoria says.

As the federal Health Department prepares to ban staff smoking during work hours or when representing the department, Quit says workplaces should consider offering phone breaks to ring the Quitline in place of smoking breaks."

http://www.smh.com.au/small-business/no ... -m4q4.html

Makes sense.
Let's see more of this kind of thing.
Kifle
Sojourner

Re: Non-smokers deserve more annual leave or pay than smokers.

Postby Kifle » Sun Jan 17, 2010 5:44 pm

Stupid. Next.
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:46 pm

Ironically enough, I started smoking because the take out restaurant where I worked would let the smokers take 5 minutes off here and there, and the non-smokers were stuck working all the time. I figured I kind of liked smoking and I could use a few minutes now and again to clear my head.

I hate not smoking by the way. Figure I'll start again if I am lucky enough to get to age 60 or so. :)
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:53 am

I have two smokers, who take 3 or 4 breaks a day... Exec team made us a smoke free campus a couple years ago so they have to drive off campus to smoke. I lose them for at least an hour a day (one of them puts in more than his 40, but the other guy is a 40. What do you do?

When I worked for the state... they had "fresh air" breaks. Anytime one of the dozen smokers felt like a smoke, 4 or 5 people joined them, especially the more senior higher paid ones. Gotta love the state, gotta love unions.
Kindi
Sojourner

Postby Kindi » Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:20 pm

i love fresh air breaks. studies show ppl are more productive when they have regular breaks. it's not like ppl are working anyway: http://www.kenrockwell.com/business/two-hour-rule.htm
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:17 pm

My statistics show that people get more of my work done when they are here for an extra hour a day. At least in the short term.

Return to “T2 General Discussion Archive”